• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Also to note is that in his story he says Aesir have souls and go to Valhalla but in Ragnarok Odin says they don't klnow what happens after gods die.
Oversight maybe?
Mimir states Aesir go straight to Vahalla and then come back in 2018 so it's likely an oversight but if it isn't answered then it's time to add some sort of immortality negation for Kratos and Atreus since that's the only thing that can be gathered from them not reviving.

Mimir states Aesir go straight to Vahalla and then come back in 2018 so it's likely an oversight but if it isn't answered then it's time to add some sort of immortality negation for Kratos and Atreus since that's the only thing that can be gathered from them not reviving.
Yes, but Odin states that the Aesir don't know what happens to them after they die so It might be a Retcon based on forgetting established lore.

Yes, but Odin states that the Aesir don't know what happens to them after they die so It might be a Retcon based on forgetting established lore.
If I recall Odin's statement was directed at himself. He says he doesn't know where he goes when he died and he has no Vahalla. I don't remember seeing a similar statement about other Aesir.

If I recall Odin's statement was directed at himself. He says he doesn't know where he goes when he died and he has no Vahalla. I don't remember seeing a similar statement about other Aesir.
Why would this only apply to Odin? he's an Aesir just like the rest of them.
Unless we get explicate confirmation then I see no reason to treat him as different than the other Aesir

Why would this only apply to Odin? he's an Aesir just like the rest of them.
Unless we get explicate confirmation then I see no reason to treat him as different than the other Aesir
Odin only mentioned himself. But I think it also could be connected to dying in battle still though that wouldn't explain Magni.

Could also be Odin lying out his teeth when speaking to Atreus. Man did lie about losing his eye to the rift when showing it to him so it's not outta the question.

Could also be Odin lying out his teeth when speaking to Atreus. Man did lie about losing his eye to the rift when showing it to him so it's not outta the question.
I thought that was the other way around and that the whole "Gazing into Mimir's well of Knowledge" shit was a coverup for this tear in spacetime he didn't want anyone to know about

I thought that was the other way around and that the whole "Gazing into Mimir's well of Knowledge" shit was a coverup for this tear in spacetime he didn't want anyone to know about
Nah, when Atreus talks to Mimir about how Odin losing his eye to the rift contradicts the story of him ripping his own eye out because of the well of knowledge Mimir immediately calls Odin out for lying and confirms that Odin did in fact gouge out his own eye while high off the magic mushrooms he'd laced the well with.

Nah Mimir straight up says it’s a lie, Odin got high as **** and Mimir convinced him it was a sacrifice for great knowledge. He says it was the Tear because that makes him seem wiser to Atreus

Would every notable aesir get teleportation and dimensional travel via Odins ravens? It's clear you don't need Odins explict permission to use his ravens to travel places given Sif just strolls up into Nifelheim with them and Odin was confused as to why she had come.

Nah Mimir straight up says it’s a lie, Odin got high as **** and Mimir convinced him it was a sacrifice for great knowledge. He says it was the Tear because that makes him seem wiser to Atreus
Tbf Mimir isn't infallible, he kept saying that the mask is likely just something Odin thought up as being important while drunk one day, when it clearly isn't true by the end.

One question: is ares creating an illusion of his dimension/universe also AP feat or not?
We know it's not an illusion, it's actual BFR.

Problem is, we don't know if he created it. But then again, it's not relevant, the main important part here is that he would need to have knowledge of a galaxy and how it looks to even BFR there, which would automatically prove the existence of galaxies in the Greek side of things.

Last edited:
Ngl, assuming Ares dimension always existed and Ares just BFRs doesn't sit well with me.
Like, the dude literally becomes a mini Primordial in his own realm by literally becoming it. Basically Nyx or Morpheus are living examples of this, and Thanatos before he was worshipped as a god.

Nah, when Atreus talks to Mimir about how Odin losing his eye to the rift contradicts the story of him ripping his own eye out because of the well of knowledge Mimir immediately calls Odin out for lying and confirms that Odin did in fact gouge out his own eye while high off the magic mushrooms he'd laced the well with.
The dialogue states he ripped the eye out after the Well incident and Mimir stopped him from finishing the job.

We know it's not an illusion, it's actual BFR.

Problem is, we don't know if he created it. But then again, it's not relevant, the main important part here is that he would need to have knowledge of a galaxy and how it looks to even BFR there, which would automatically prove the existence of galaxies in the Greek side of things.
doesn't the God of war 1 Novel directly hint at it being an illusion?

I really hate that shit. A random 9-D statement from a random D.M.C. Chinese mobile game without any proof of unquantifiably infinite difference and/or R>F found in primary/secondary canon source, or a dev clarification on the subject is apparently enough for 1-C. Lol.
Yeah, DMC getting fully upgrade to 9-D always felt really fishy to me, considering that other verses to get Low 1-C needed far more evidence/proof.

Personally it would have been better if they kept 2-C and have 1-C as possibly only.

One question: is ares creating an illusion of his dimension/universe also AP feat or not?
Looks like he made a entire pocket dimension (possibly universal/multi-galaxy due of having a galaxy in the background) where he had absolute control over it.

Similar to what Mundus did in DMC1.

Wonder what Garmr eating the Season nets. Maybe he ate one of the season deers? Those deers don't seem to be normal.

Also what power is it when you regenerate your clothes alongside your wounds + your tattoos?

'Cause Baldur effortlessly heals from Eitr-imbued Leviathan Axe attacks and absorbed its power even.

Not just Soul Manipulation but also Mind Manipulation, Concept Manipulation and Probability Manipulation if we go with what Mimir say about how souls are made.
Based, Thor getting hax now
Also what power is it when you regenerate your clothes alongside your wounds + your tattoos?

'Cause Baldur effortlessly heals from Eitr-imbued Leviathan Axe attacks and absorbed its power even.
cloth manipulation
Wonder what Garmr eating the Season nets. Maybe he ate one of the season deers? Those deers don't seem to be normal.
probably conceptual manipulation

Yeah, DMC getting fully upgrade to 9-D always felt really fishy to me, considering that other verses to get Low 1-C needed far more evidence/proof.

Personally it would have been better if they kept 2-C and have 1-C as possibly only.
My only concern is DMC POC created using game engine Unity which well known/got stigmatized for creating many bad games (For real). So expect with performance issues BS and technical issue BS stuff.

Heimdall most likely. Even if the Precog+Mind reading doesn't work due to speed, Heimdall is still most likely tougher and has better offensive capabilities with Bifrost stuff on top.
Can you confirm that bifrost is UES ? heimdall can use bifrost as a defensive, offensive, and a lot of stuff like realm shift, armor, barrier, empowerment

Just wanted to ask for posterity because theres been a lot of back and forth on this, does Kratos actually scale to Thor or no? If he does, why?

Back