• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Shaking =/= causing damage tho

You can shake the world and still leave majority of the stuff undamaged if you're careful enough. That's what Magnitude 4 exists for.
True but not even visible vibration in the immediate epicenter is weird as hell, especially considering the size of the greater cosmology
The game itself only says that Medusa's head doesn't work on other Gorgons, but never elaborates why. In the novel however, Aphrodite elaborates why it doesn't work: Medusa's dead and it's nerfed the potency of the head, which also explains why it's also no longer permanent. At best I'd just say it's a tiny elaboration on stuff that's already there and it doesn't contradict anything within the game, it further elaborates on it.
No I'm referring to the fact Medusa is faced within Athens wheras in the novel Aphrodite teleports us elsewhere first
God of War 3.
The excerpt is from 2, not 3

Scans? I can give you the two books if you like
Sure
The game itself only says that Medusa's head doesn't work on other Gorgons, but never elaborates why. In the novel however, Aphrodite elaborates why it doesn't work: She's dead and it's nerfed the potency of the head, which also explains why it's also no longer permanent. At best I'd just say it's a tiny elaboration on stuff that's already there and it doesn't contradict anything within the game, it further elaborates on it.
Why does the nerf only affect other gorgons tho? And why isn't that the case with Euryale? I always assumed that she was a lot more powerful than Medusa, but shouldn't her death nerf her head to a similar degree?

Definitely. Although infinite dimensions is way above low 1-C ain't it?
From what I heard, as of the current tiering system, infinite spatial dimensions statements are auto-High 1-B (assuming they don't mention being like, planck sized). Granted, yeah, it should be scrutinized heavily here.

I'll start playing the GoW games soon to gather pretty much every feat above tier 9 and create a blog with any anti-feats or stuff people consider to be anti-feats, so it can be used to support the high tier stuff

From what I heard, as of the current tiering system, infinite spatial dimensions statements are auto-High 1-B (assuming they don't mention being like, planck sized). Granted, yeah, it should be scrutinized heavily here.
What of Transcending them? Cuz that's in scan too, apparently, I missed that until I just looked at it again.

Isn't that outerversal?

What of Transcending them? Cuz that's in scan too, apparently, I missed that until I just looked at it again.

Isn't that outerversal?
A structure with infinite spatial dimensions is High 1-B if the dimensions of non-insignificant size (and I doubt they're referring to dimensions 10^-36 m long here).

Transcending that is Low 1-A/1-A depending on context.

Lol, the trainwreck of a 1-A Kratos upgrade would be something to see to believe. I almost hope we get more scans supporting that.

I'll start playing the GoW games soon to gather pretty much every feat above tier 9 and create a blog with any anti-feats or stuff people consider to be anti-feats, so it can be used to support the high tier stuff
I mean, aren't most of those anti-feats just people taking game mechanics as gospel? But for the higher feats then this would be a good thing.

You mean all these anti-feats that have been tackled before and excessively debunked time and time again in prior threads because they're peak game mechanics?

I mean, aren't most of those anti-feats just people taking game mechanics as gospel? But for the higher feats then this would be a good thing.
A lot of them are cutscene stuff like gets hurt by a tree or something. A blog that shows his feats and anti feats to prove 9-B or tier 8 kratos isn't consistent would be useful

You mean all these anti-feats that have been tackled before and excessively debunked time and time again in prior threads because they're peak game mechanics?
Is there a blog that includes every single one of them? Like not even missing 1

True but not even visible vibration in the immediate epicenter is weird as hell, especially considering the size of the greater cosmology.
Well the dialogue is a bit different in the novel, Zeus briefly pauses in shock that the Sisters were defeated, so eh.

No I'm referring to the fact Medusa is faced within Athens wheras in the novel Aphrodite teleports us elsewhere first
Before the fight?

The excerpt is from 2, not 3
Was merely talking about Zeus not raising his voice ever.

A structure with infinite spatial dimensions is High 1-B if the dimensions of non-insignificant size (and I doubt they're referring to dimensions 10^-36 m long here).

Transcending that is Low 1-A/1-A depending on context.

Lol, the trainwreck of a 1-A Kratos upgrade would be something to see to believe. I almost hope we get more scans supporting that.
No ******* way lmfao
I hope this isn't the case lololol
I feel like end of series Kratos is probably going to be on that level.

Then again

I'll have him fight heart of the universe Thanos lol

A lot of them are cutscene stuff like gets hurt by a tree or something. A blog that shows his feats and anti feats to prove 9-B or tier 8 kratos isn't consistent would be useful
Most of this also ties into game mechanics stuff more than anything else. Like, even the producers and writers went out of their way to point out that the game wouldn't work if Kratos power walked through everything.
All of them is excessive when a decent amount of examples to prove a precedent is enough.

Most of this also ties into game mechanics stuff more than anything else. Like, even the producers and writers went out of their way to point out that the game wouldn't work if Kratos power walked through everything.

All of them is excessive when a decent amount of examples to prove a precedent is enough.
You might be right but I still keep seeing people say Baldur got hurt by a tree and Kratos can't destroy an iceberg being used

A lot of them are cutscene stuff like gets hurt by a tree or something.
LMFAO the only proper interaction Kratos ever does with a tree is in the first leg of GOW3

A blog that shows his feats and anti feats to prove 9-B or tier 8 kratos isn't consistent would be useful
All of them are not even valid anti-feats on the prospect that the lore and plot and boss fights contradict massively and are even written out to be specifically to increase tension, one of the authors of the novel even confirmed this to be the case.

There is an imgur link dedicated to that but all of it is contradicted by the lore, the authors of the novel or by Cory himself here. And they're blatant gameplay mechanics abuse.

LMFAO the only proper interaction Kratos ever does with a tree is in the first leg of GOW3

All of them are not even valid anti-feats on the prospect that the lore and plot and boss fights contradict massively and are even written out to be specifically to increase tension, one of the authors of the novel even confirmed this to be the case.

There is an imgur link dedicated to that but all of it is contradicted by the lore, the authors of the novel or by Cory himself here.

Lol

You might be right but I still keep seeing people say Baldur got hurt by a tree and Kratos can't destroy an iceberg being used
There's a lot to unpack here regarding all this out-of-context downplay.

Thamur's ice is magical in nature, and it's debunked right in the GOW Ragnarok Story Trailer where Fimbulwinter kicks in and is even colder than what Thamur's ice could ever hope to muster, yet Thor and Kratos clashing their weapons the Axe and Hammer together causes the ice to violently fragment.

And Baldur getting hurt by a tree? He wasn't fazed one bit, he just kept questioning Kratos who he's afraid he'll find in the hut (That being Atreus).

Also consider that Kratos is excessively holding back in this fight.

A part of me hopes for elemental weapons other than fire and ice. Maybe a dark or light type weapon or something else?
Or something soul related. Like a hel weapon.

I wonder if Kratos can still harness elements through the blades like in ascension.

If so, they should bring some of those attacks back.

Or something soul related. Like a hel weapon.
Would definitely be cool to see something like Soul of Hades and Army of Hades to come back.

I wonder if Kratos can still harness elements through the blades like in ascension.
Doubt why he couldn't, his blades still have his Absorption powers present, those were the Blades' default powers from the get go, the more Kratos kills with them, the more his power increases.

If so, they should bring some of those attacks back.
They already have a couple of the attacks from Ascension from different elements in 2018 but everything here is fire-based (Like Kratos using the Ascension Hades magic in 2018 but instead of Hades arms we see just a massive jet of fire and lava).

Still, I like that attention to detail and the respect they have for the older games.

Anyway, should Kratos get a key for when his size was increased by Pandora's Box?
No. This has already been discussed to death when Kratos got his keys effectively reduced to four main ones in this thread.

I asked the same question myself, and quickly found out it would become too redundant, because the power he gained was from a sliver of Hope that then went dormant inside of him after Ares went kaput. After he ascended to Godhood his power level eventually shot up from that massively.

Would definitely be cool to see something like Soul of Hades and Army of Hades to come back.
Yes it would. Especially the Hades Arms.
Doubt why he couldn't, his blades still have his Absorption powers present, those were the Blades' default powers from the get go, the more Kratos kills with them, the more his power increases
Yep, which explains the previous games upgrade system. They should bring back red orbs and let us upgrade ourselves. I hate this fetch quest, loot hunting Bullshit.

I didn't like any of the RPG mechanics at all really.
They already have a couple of the attacks from Ascension from different elements in 2018 but everything here is fire-based (Like Kratos using the Ascension Hades magic in 2018 but instead of Hades arms we see just a massive jet of fire and lava).

Still, I like that attention to detail and the respect they have for the older games.
Yeah and the Ares fire slam. They have a lot of the older games moveset like the gow 1 spin attack and the L1+ triangle from gow 3 and the Nemean cestus slam.

I mean understand why they don't bring back elements we already have.

Like why use lightning of Zeus when you have Mjolnir? Or Ice of Poseidon when you have leviathan?

I asked the same question myself, and quickly found out it would become too redundant, because the power he gained was from a sliver of Hope that then went dormant inside of him after Ares went kaput. After he ascended to Godhood his power level eventually shot up from that massively.
Some of his powers he gets in later games are in that key for some reason.

Athena's birth interestingly, is a 1:1 event as per the GOW1 Prima Guide Book.
The descriptions of many of these characters are drawn from myths instead of GoW, and some don't even correspond to their portrayals in GoW. And which rather serving it as an appendix to the book. Not saying all these are invalid for the game, just that you can't use this one as the main sources.

For instance:
Zeus had many temples and festivals in his honor, the most famous of his sanctuaries being olympia, the magnificent temple of zeus," which held the gold and ivory statue of the enthroned zeus, sculpted by phidias and hailed as one of the "seven wonders of the ancient world." also the olympic games were held in his honor. The nemean games, which were held every two years, were to honor zevs. There were numerous festivals throughout greece: in athens they celebrated the marriage of zeus and hera with the theogamia (or gamelia). The celebrations were many: in all, zeus had more than 150 epithets, each one being celebrated in his honor.
When atlas refused to give shelter to perseus, the latter chanced atlas into stone, using medusa's head. On the place where atlas stood, now lies mount atlas (north-western africa). In art, atlas is usually depicted as a man bearing a globe.

Also, the title literally named "CLASSICAL MYTHOLOGY"

Last edited:
The descriptions of many of these characters are drawn from myths instead of GoW, and some don't even correspond to their portrayals in GoW. Not saying all these are invalid for the game. Just that you can't use this one as the main sources. And
d rather serving it as an appendix to the book.

For instance:
Zeus had many temples and festivals in his honor, the most famous of his sanctuaries being olympia, the magnificent temple of zeus," which held the gold and ivory statue of the enthroned zeus, sculpted by phidias and hailed as one of the "seven wonders of the ancient world." also the olympic games were held in his honor. The nemean games, which were held every two years, were to honor zevs. There were numerous festivals throughout greece: in athens they celebrated the marriage of zeus and hera with the theogamia (or gamelia). The celebrations were many: in all, zeus had more than 150 epithets, each one being celebrated in his honor.
When atlas refused to give shelter to perseus, the latter chanced atlas into stone, using medusa's head. On the place where atlas stood, now lies mount atlas (north-western africa). In art, atlas is usually depicted as a man bearing a globe.
Hmmmmmm

So GOW1 and GOW2 keys are now the same?
No, Ascension/Chains/GOW1 Keys are now the same: DEMIGOD.

GOW1 Sliver of Hope/GOW2/GOW3 keys are now set as: As the God of War

PoH key is self explanatory.

Norse Myth key is its own thing.

The FB scan is definitely fake. The response has yet to be proven true or false
Yeah, the FB scan is fake as ****. 100%. I have an FB account and I never found the scan.

Not that we need it, the novel already states that the Yggdrasil's branches stretch out to infinity.

Norse Kratos isn't yet at the point where he'd be too bloated to keep as part of the overall profile and I doubt he'd get there even with Ragnarok. Like, his profile as is shorter than the either of the two profiles I had to split Ji Ning into for instance.

As for further games, honestly that's so distant that we can probably just handle it then.

Also, really wish Ning wasn't a smurf so I could pit him against Kratos. Oof.

I honestly think this was the wrong move. It's going to get too messy eventually during the next games, and he no longer has any of his past powers. I think Norse Kratos should have stayed it's own profile
We literally went through this in a CRT already, and I respectfully disagree, in fact, the opposite is true because this is the same exact Kratos we saw in the Greek games minus all the OP stuff he had in the Greek games. Norse Kratos being his own profile would only make things worse in the long run and would effectively be page padding for no reason at all, plus the Norse Saga's coming to an end anyway. Making multiple profiles for Kratos each time he goes to a new pantheon would become counterintuitive quite quickly.

In fact, it was even worse when Kratos had multiple keys for his Greek self alone, it was even more convoluted than what people were led to believe.

Look at Dante's profile for starters. He has multiple games to his name and undergoes multiple changes to his personality, even gaining brand new powers that completely change the playing field, yet he's perfectly fine as a single profile instead of being split up into multiple games.

Worse still, let's take a look at Vergil and his Nelo Angelo form. The two are completely distinct beings with brand new power sets yet they are the same exact person and thus are still one singular profile.

Back