• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Would be cool if Kratos had a horse.
As It means of riding horse mechanics? Idk, The idea seems improbable to me for some reasons...
That and maybe give Kratos some Valkyrie wings and let him fly like the wings of Icarus. You could even use them for realm travel as the Valkyries can physically fly between the realms
The Wings themselves are not able to travel between realms independently, but the Valkyries can, thanks to the Bitfrost energy imbued into the weapons they possess and able to materialize and pull weapons from different realms. In contrast to Kratos and Atreus, who are still learning Bitfrost, the Valkyries have already mastered.

I don’t mind Kratos not getting Mjolnir but I do want Mjolnir to be a weapon in some compacity. I heard a theory about this so I really want Mjolnir to combine with the Leviathan Axe cause it sounds cool but that’s probably unlikely.

As It means of riding horse mechanics? Idk, The idea seems improbable to me for some reasons
It could work
The Wings themselves are not able to travel between realms independently, but the Valkyries can, thanks to the Bitfrost energy imbued into the weapons they possess and able to materialize and pull weapons from different realms. In contrast to Kratos and Atreus, who are still learning Bitfrost, the Valkyries have already mastered.
Huh. Forgot this

Probably way stronger than the average human, definitely stronger than The Last Spartan, who can take building-sized lightning bolts to the face and live to tell the tale.
We could probably scale him from the satyrs he fought in the comics, and that fire dude he fought who was Helios' champion.

If only he had a key. He'd probably be around 8-C or High 8-C. Definitely into class K as he's definitely stronger than every other Spartan.

And wasn't it calced that soldiers in GOW could shoot arrows and Supersonic+ speed? He could be around that level

They weren't just talking about Post-Amp Supes BTW, they were talking about loads of other forms of Supes as well.

The worst one is Tier 9 downplay tho.
Which supes?

We could probably scale him from the satyrs he fought in the comics, and that fire dude he fought who was Helios' champion.

If only he had a key. He'd probably be around 8-C or High 8-C. Definitely into class K as he's definitely stronger than every other Spartan.
Harpies last I remember are Class K, not sure if non-Demigods can fight against them.

And wasn't it calced that soldiers in GOW could shoot arrows and Supersonic+ speed? He could be around that level
Not sure, but Harpies have flight speeds of Hypersonic for being able to go from Rhodes to Mount Etna within 4 minutes.

Kratos is only Demigod level for at least the first half of the flight journey, but he already does cool tricks mid-air while his horse goes full speed and it still takes 4 minutes to reach Etna. But he becomes Tier 3 once again once he gains the Rage of the Titans as he is then able to force Typhon to open up his fingers from the Pegasus, whereas previously he was unable to.

And Demigod Kratos is already capable of generating cloud-to-ground lightning as well as outpace characters who can shoot down cloud-to-ground lightning.

Which supes?
Post-Crisis, but that's for his early days when he was starting out his career.

Harpies last I remember are Class K, not sure if non-Demigods can fight against them
HARPIES are class K?! Really? Damn. Anyway the Spartans yanking down Ares' statue in Ghost of Sparta was calced at 150 tons of something like that, and he's definitely way stronger than them
And Demigod Kratos is already capable of generating cloud-to-ground lightning as well as outpace characters who can shoot down cloud-to-ground lightning.
So Even General Kratos was a lightning timer?

Post-Crisis, but that's for his early days when he was starting out his career.
Lol no way. I think his stats on here are a massive low-ball currently and have always been.

HARPIES are class K?! Really? Damn.
Yep. Zeus snatches out the soul of an impending victim right before she has her spine ripped out by one.

Anyway the Spartans yanking down Ares' statue in Ghost of Sparta was calced at 150 tons of something like that, and he's definitely way stronger than them
That calc is bunk because the soldiers don't have to be able to lift the entire thing to pull it down, sufficiently strong rope and some leverage can pull down any stone-only statue. That and the heights and pixel-scaling are completely wrong.

So Even General Kratos was a lightning timer?
Nah, Blades of Chaos-enhanced Demigod Kratos.

Lol no way. I think his stats on here are a massive low-ball currently and have always been.
Wait till you see the upcoming Tier 3/2 revisions that the DC peeps are cooking up, now that we finally have a mental-block-based mechanism for Superman.

Yep. Zeus snatches out the soul of an impending victim right before she has
Some predator shit huh
That calc is bunk because the soldiers don't have to be able to lift the entire thing to pull it down, sufficiently strong rope and some leverage can pull down any stone-only statue. That and the heights and pixel-scaling are completely wrong
Should be probably be recalced then?
Nah, Blades of Chaos-enhanced Demigod Kratos.
Don't he also got the FTL statements? Or is this just ascension and beyond?
Wait till you see the upcoming Tier 3/2 revisions that the DC peeps are cooking up, now that we finally have a mental-block-based mechanism for Superman.
**** yes I'm here for it. Low 2-C Supes.

Imeasurable speed too

Some predator shit huh
GOW1 Novel. Chapter 9 is the first spine-ripping feat, Chapter 10 is where Zeus does his magic.

Should be probably be recalced then?
Incalculable, there are no good shots to use for this. Played the game, nothing good to use. And even then it would not require anywhere near Class K LS to pull off.

Don't he also got the FTL statements? Or is this just ascension and beyond?
Nope, Ascension and Zeus only. Castor and Pollux are swifter than Redeemed Warriors, and Kratos on top is swifter than Castor and Pollux.

**** yes I'm here for it. Low 2-C Supes.

Imeasurable speed too
Infinite combat speed and reactions possibly, IDK

Mach 14.3 Rhodes-to-Etna flight within 4 minutes.

Nah, unusable, dimensional travel is at play here.
Are you talking about Harpies? An early Kratos was running faster than them while explicitly being slower than sound in the first novel, no idea how that's like in the games I haven't finished it

Nah, unusable, dimensional travel is at play here.
Eh, I have my own takes on that but that's all g
Other than Hephaestus who will soon be deleted anyway? No.
TBH even then old mate couldn't be Tier 6; he has no physical feats and only has prep stuff
Are you talking about Harpies? An early Kratos was running faster than them while explicitly being slower than sound in the first novel, no idea how that's like in the games I haven't finished it
TBH Kratos is fairly soundly > the sound barrier, even within the context of that game.

Are you talking about Harpies? An early Kratos was running faster than them while explicitly being slower than sound in the first novel
LMFAO what are you smoking, Kratos in Ascension blitzes lightning bolts from lightning Sirens and Lightning Taloses

no idea how that's like in the games I haven't finished it
Then don't make up arguments like this.

LMFAO what are you smoking, Kratos in Ascension blitzes lightning bolts from lightning Sirens and Lightning Taloses

Post the clip so it can be calced, the one in the profile for his first key isn't very good

??? Its not an argument, I was just telling you. I'm not gonna downgrade it or whatever, this is more of a travel speed thing

Are there other feats in that game which prove that?
DEADASS DID NOT JUST SAY THIS.

Redeemed Warriors are FTL via Essence of Hyperion, Castor and Pollux are swifter than that, and Kratos is swifter still as per WoG.

There is a potentially MHS+ one in the novel
There are multiple MHS+ feats in the games aside from Zeus himself and other lightning wielders, Kratos himself can summon lightning bolts from the clouds in Rage Mode in Ascension.

Honestly even ignroing that, Kratos dodges arrows in GOW1. He could be referring to Ares yeeting a boulder at him but even that feels weird (it's very clearly above supersonic imo)
Are there other feats in that game which prove that? There is a potentially MHS+ one in the novel
Lots of arrow dodging and a few statements he's at Lightning Speeds iirc. The latter may be finnicky considering it compares his speed to Zeus' bolt (which he should be below at this point)

Post the clip so it can be calced, the one in the profile for his first key isn't very good
LITERALLY CHECK KRATOS'S PROFILE FAM. Doesn't need a calc because he does it at point-blank and multiple of them at the same time.

??? Its not an argument, I was just telling you. I'm not gonna downgrade it or whatever, this is more of a travel speed thing
There is nothing to tell me about this LOL

Honestly even ignroing that, Kratos dodges arrows in GOW1. He could be referring to Ares yeeting a boulder at him but even that feels weird (it's very clearly above supersonic imo)

Lots of arrow dodging and a few statements he's at Lightning Speeds iirc. The latter may be finnicky considering it compares his speed to Zeus' bolt (which he should be below at this point)
Zeus is so much swifter than that, WoG alone states that Essence of Hyperion is a massively nerfed version of Zeus's own dash that we see in GOW2 and 3.

TBH it would be good if the lightning feat got calculated
Zeus is so much swifter than that, WoG alone states that Essence of Hyperion is a massively nerfed version of Zeus's own dash that we see in GOW2 and 3.
I'm aware, which is why I said this
The latter may be finnicky considering it compares his speed to Zeus' bolt (which he should be below at this point)
I brought it up for completion's sake more then anything else tbh

Eh, I have my own takes on that but that's all g
Domain of Death says hello

TBH even then old mate couldn't be Tier 6; he has no physical feats and only has prep stuff
He literally has nothing worthy to his name other than his ring. Having a profile for him is downright pointless.

TBH Kratos is fairly soundly > the sound barrier, even within the context of that game.
Sound barrier is so fodder when you consider that we have the Rhodes to Mount Etna feat.

TBH it would be good if the lightning feat got calculated
Couldn't if you tried, the game's angles are too borked (Side effect of fixed camera angle). But the distance is very much so point-blank. Kratos can also summon down lightning with Rage Mode active if you do the Square Square Triangle combo.

I'm aware, which is why I said this
Aight.

I brought it up for completion's sake more then anything else tbh
I mean, again, Zeus could've purposefully nerfed the bolt from his true speed for Kratos's sake. It's not exactly a rare thing either, the Redeemed Warriors can wield the Blade of Olympus as well but it has nowhere near the godly powers required to actually kill Titans and Olympians so that the Warriors can handle it better.

DEADASS DID NOT JUST SAY THIS.

Redeemed Warriors are FTL via Essence of Hyperion, Castor and Pollux are swifter than that, and Kratos is swifter still as per WoG.

There are multiple MHS+ feats in the games aside from Zeus himself and other lightning wielders, Kratos himself can summon lightning bolts from the clouds in Rage Mode in Ascension.
Why you so mad? I just told you I haven't finished the games so I wasn't aware of all those. Summoning lightning bolts isn't even a reaction speed feat anyways

Are the arrow dodging feats calced at supersonic?

LITERALLY CHECK KRATOS'S PROFILE FAM. Doesn't need a calc because he does it at point-blank and multiple of them at the same time.

There is nothing to tell me about this LOL
The one on his profile isn't very good, he's not even faster than these bolts and is most likely not even comparable. Here's a better speed feat from the first novel, no idea if the games contradict or whatever so its up to you

SWIFT AS THE THUNDERBOLT WAS, it seemed to Kratos to be creeping
through the thickest sort of treacle. The interval between it leaving his hand
and reaching its target stretched longer than Kratos’s whole life.
He didn’t wait to watch it hit. If it missed, he was dead anyway, and so he
put himself where success would do him the most good. The instant his
hands were free, he dove for the edge of the temple roof, caught an
ornamental carving, and kicked off it again for the statue of Athena,
heading for ground level. He was still in the air when the thunderbolt struck
its target.
Ares, still shouting his defiance at Zeus, never saw it coming. His first
hint was a stinging shock in his right hand—and then he felt no more the
weight of Pandora’s Box.
The thunderbolt had struck home and done its job, severing the chain that
joined the box to the hand of the god.
“What?” Ares stared blankly at his fist as though it had somehow
betrayed him. “What have you done?”
From Ares’s upraised fist to the ground below was fully a hundred feet.
Kratos judged where the box would land and made for it with all his speed.
His guess was good. The box landed on a pile of rubble only steps in front
of him, and he dashed to it before Ares understood what had happened.

69a.jpg

Back