• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Given that Helldivers 2, the first PlayStation first party game to be released simultaneously on PS and PC on the same day, has sold well over 1 million units in the last couple days and overtook God of War on Steam...I await the day that other first party exclusives get this treatment

Literally just a graphics and some QoL updates are all I ask for.
Exactly. I would be perfectly fine with just high quality ports. I play the original trilogy on my Ps3 from time to time and honestly does games still look great. Obviously if we look at it from purely graphical perspective they don't hold up to newer games. However, the art direction is simply amazing which is why i think they look so good to this very day.

Excatly. I would be perfectly fine with just high quality ports. I play the original trilogy on my Ps3 from time to time and honestly does games still loon great. Obviously if we look at it from purely graphical perspective they don't hold up to newer games. However, the art direction is simply amazing which is why i think they look so good to this very day.
III holds up quite well. But yeah, art direction and camera work is peak throughout.

Right. I actually like the fixed camera they had more than the new one.
My issue with the new one is that the FoV is too close to Kratos so it lessens the spectacle and environmental enjoyment. It also massively restricts larger scale and more dynamic gameplay.

It is good for what it does (character focus, the gameplay itself) and fits Norse. But it doesn't really fit the Greek saga. I do hope we don't see as much of it in future games but I don't have much hope there.

I don't understand why they would remake the PS2 Games In the new games style anyway.

Kratos in the old games was all alone, no companions.

And There was no open world to even have room for RPG mechanics

Personally if you were to ask me? I don't think the Greek games need to be remade for new consoles, the games are already perfect as they are and I'd rather them not be touched or ruined even if Santa Monica Studios isn't the type to half ass their products.

So I believe that SMS should just make a PS5 port of the God of War Saga collection which included 1, 2, Chains of Olympus, and Ghost of Sparta, remaster Ascension for PS5, and then you're good with having the entire GOW series on one console

Let's not kid ourselves, the graphics could use a tune up. Aside from that, no change should be necessary.

btw regarding soul eater, is it possible soul eater has resurrection negation due to this statement ?
1bbfef42-d872-40de-ab38-d91a87474c60

In GoW Ragnarok there are enemies that able to resurrect directly in combat.

(which mean kratos has resistance to resurrection negation (when using resurrection stone)).

btw regarding soul eater, is it possible soul eater has resurrection negation due to this statement ?
1bbfef42-d872-40de-ab38-d91a87474c60
Eh. Atreus isn't really that aware of his father's full abilities and limitations. Best we can tell is that the Soul Eater can do that to baseline mortals and monsters.

Plus, I'm fairly sure it'd have some form of Immortality Negation anyway.

Eh. Atreus isn't really that aware of his father's full abilities and limitations. Best we can tell is that the Soul Eater can do that to baseline mortals and monsters.

Plus, I'm fairly sure it'd have some form of Immortality Negation anyway.
I wonder if soul eater can do that to odin's army ?

No. Why would they be? At best I'd give them a layer for being able to kill Dwarves, who can survive the Lake of Souls.

Yeah hopefully they just have the graphics of the modern titles but everything else the same.

The new Prince of Persia remake looks great and I've heard great things about it and fundamentally the same as the originals.

I hope GOW goes a similar route

No. Why would they be? At best I'd give them a layer for being able to kill Dwarves, who can survive the Lake of Souls.
because those enemies still able to resurrect despite kratos use soul explosion ? while soul eater has direct statement that you can't go to hel, vahalla if you got killed by that thing.

Novels say fp kratos Would one shot baldur right? If so can someone gove scan?
Pretty sure it's been discussed numerous times already, including the thread where Marvel_Champion discussed it shortly before he left, y'all silly goldfishes just forgot. 🗿

Tbh, the art style of the old Greek games did age like fine wine, the games are as good as if they were released yesterday, the only reason we want a remaster is for them to get ported to the new gen consoles.that’s pretty much it.I don’t think anyone even wants a graphical update.

Tbh, the art style of the old Greek games did age like fine wine, the games are as good as if they were released yesterday, the only reason we want a remaster is for them to get ported to the new gen consoles.that’s pretty much it.I don’t think anyone even wants a graphical update.
The art style aged like fine wine but let's not pretend a pre-2008 set of games doesn't need a graphical tune-up of some degree. Ideally to match up with III if nothing else.

I wouldn't mind a raw port though.

The art style aged like fine wine but let's not pretend a pre-2008 set of games doesn't need a graphical tune-up of some degree. Ideally to match up with III if nothing else.

I wouldn't mind a raw port though.
That is true, I just prefer them as good as they are currently, prolly the rose tainted glasses cause I’m very nostalgic towards gow 1 especially.( with better fps ofc)

Kratos vs Saci ( folklore Brazilian )

Have you ever imagined what it would be like if Kratos were in your mythology?

Back