• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The word "transcend" doesn't mean what you think it means, it's just that they were unbound by physical forms when they became Valkyries.

Valhalla itself is older than Odin (and thus older than time). I dunno if that means Valkyries just get Type 4 Acausality or not.
what exact potency of this ? it's just Non-corporeal ? or other resistance ?

if valkyries has acasuality type 4 would that mean valhalla rules able to negate that acasuality ?

what exact potency of this ? it's just NPI ? or other resistance ?

if valkyries has acasuality type 4 would that mean valhalla rules able to negate that acasuality ?
It would just be Incorporeality. But since we don't have keys for their incorporeal states, it doesn't mean much.

What, why? Valhalla didn't negate anything.

It would just be Incorporeality. But since we don't have keys for their incorporeal states, it doesn't mean much.

What, why? Valhalla didn't negate anything.
Prolly refers to when sigrun wings started burning, not that acausality stops law manip last o checked

It's crazy reading through this knowing how strong the verse is now.

I thought the claws were required?
That was explicitly stated to be only a thing for Kratos, not Hades.

Unless artbook talks about Something else
The artbook makes the passive a focus while the game doesn't, but it's present in both. It's when Hades absorbs souls from the Styx passively without doing anything himself.

In fact, every single one of Hades' punches leaks souls out of them.

I'm not sure if we'd classify that as Law Manipulation but idk.
Problem is law manipulation explanation page is very very arbitrary and overlapped with other abilities, lack advanced explanation like qualification, different types, limitation, special cases when something contradicted, etc.

Last edited:
A scan from the artbook showing Hades's passive soul manip attempting to rip out Kratos's soul

Of course, this becomes less of a focus as Hades absorbs them from the River Styx in the game instead

A scan from the artbook showing Hades's passive soul manip attempting to rip out Kratos's soul

Of course, this becomes less of a focus as Hades absorbs them from the River Styx in the game instead

Pretty sure that other pic is far better given we see the souls being absorbed.

Sony has no plans to release any major existing franchise titles this year apparently. So no new GoW content until 2025 at least.

Ik we getting that remake. Can feel it my scrote...

Sony has no plans to release any major existing franchise titles this year apparently. So no new GoW content until 2025 at least.

Ik we getting that remake. Can feel it my scrote...
I'm sorry, but it looks like the end of the PS5 is coming too, in fact, is there any mention of the size of the kingdoms in God of War in the Norse saga?

Sony plans to go multiplat with its games for that sweet sweet dough.

About damn time.
I would prefer it to maintain support for old consoles as well instead of abandoning a 4 year old console, honestly, I was thinking about buying a PS5 and now I'm going to wait for the PS6

I think it's more or less time we made the switch to the clearly-superior platform, the PC.

You can emulate damn near everything there these days and all the exclusives are coming to the PC with all DLC and options.

Consoles and game streaming are a dying breed these days, simply not profitable enough anymore.

I think it's more or less time we made the switch to the clearly-superior platform, the PC.

You can emulate damn near everything there these days and all the exclusives are coming to the PC with all DLC and options.

Consoles and game streaming are a dying breed these days, simply not profitable enough anymore.
Really, I play all games for free on PC because of green steam, I'm going to start investing in a PC

Sony plans to go multiplat with its games for that sweet sweet dough.

About damn time.
You know, this right here is something I never understood when it comes to the most diehard of Sony fanboys. Like if Sony/PlayStation were to put their exclusives on PC and on day one alongside console, then doesn't mean that mean they earn MORE money then they do from just console sales alone and can use all that extra cash to invest more into game development to make their products better?

Of course a common fanboy argument is "B-But if Sony does that then it makes getting a PlayStation pointless!1!1!1!" and all that jazz, to which my response is usually about either seeing buying a PlayStation as being the most direct way of supporting the company or that if you think putting their games on PC is a bad thing then that speaks volumes about how much the console is actually worth

It's just sad what some fanboys will do to defend their plastic box and hold out the fun for everyone else.
I mean let's take a look at the statistics here from this picture from 2022 alone:

unknown.png

Horizon Zero Dawn sold 2,398,000 units and it should be noted as well that they also earned a 250% ROI from porting the game to PC aka they earned more money back then they did spending it to port the game, Days Gone sold 852,000 units and believe it or not it was it the number one selling game on Steam for a week but its launch had 27K people playing it, and then God of War sold nearly a million units from January 14th to May 4th when this report was made by Sony.

q46edC8.png

And you see this photo here? This is from February of last year and it reveals that these games have actually sold MORE since 2022. Zero Dawn was at 3.3 million units, God of War was at 2.5 million units, Days Gone was 1.7 million units, Spider-Man and Spider-Man Miles Morales combined has over 1.7 million units, and Uncharted 4 is at a pretty decent 483.2K units. So what I'm trying to convey from this photos shared is that it has been absolutely profitable for Sony to put their games on PC, and to suggest otherwise is the definition of fanboyism

PC ports have recently been leaked to be close to $5 million per game in terms of development costs if the upcoming SM2 PC port is anything to go by.

A million units alone selling for 70 dollars (Already a cut-throat price in the world of bland and repetitive "AAA" games) would give massive returns.

I still regret trading my PC for a PS4 '-'
Big Mistake. I have a PS4, PS5 and a PC and 99/100 times I'd die on the hill that the PC is the objectively better choice library-wise, usability-wise, versatility-wise and all else.

The freedom of choice you get on a battle rig is unparalleled. All it takes is a bit of common sense and some experience regarding how your operating system works.

Big Mistake. I have a PS4, PS5 and a PC and 99/100 times I'd die on the hill that the PC is the objectively better choice library-wise, usability-wise, versatility-wise and all else.
I also agree, the bad thing is that sometimes there are no trophies in PC games, but you have an arsenal of consoles, I now have a super slim PS3 and a slim PS4, but soon I will buy a PC or gaming notebook by Amazon.

Things out there must be a lot cheaper than here in Brazil, one day I want to be able to go out and earn a lot of money and have a room full of consoles

Back