• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So vanir and seidr mastery is via learning all of freya magic right?
If so what's bifrost magic mastery from again ? I actually Forget

In your opinion, what was the worst God Of War game?

God of War Chains of Olympus, for me it only gets good when you're almost turning the game, where there are some parts that really attract me, like the one where you pierce a fire Titan and catch some flames that burn everything in its path.

Ascension, the only thing really going for it is that the story is pretty cool in concept but even then in execution it's not handled so great. The gameplay doesn't really make it stand out (Which is why it got hit with statements of how the formula was being worn thin), and in a lot cases feels like a downgrade, the multiplier was cool but didn't really offer much to keep you invested for more than a couple matches, and every GOW game has at least a few songs I can easily remember at a moment but I could sit here for hours trying and not a single song from ascension would pop into my head. Soundtracks still fine and all but I ain't ever gonna go outta my way to remember or listen to any of the music.

Of course objectively it should be Betrayal but nobody counts that game

Ascension for me.

So much content in the plans, none of it made the cut. A lot of cool concepts were mentioned in the mythological artbook, like Thebes, Athena in Egypt and many other wonders, but the entire thing got bumrushed to hell and back. And with combat it just takes one step forward and two steps back, locking full combos behind Rage Bars and causing them to deplete over time, which is just silly. The story itself left much to be desired, it's not as memorable as the rest of the series.

Ascension was my first God Of War game dubbed in Portuguese, I loved it and some parts are too boring too, there are annoying enemies and this ends up making the game boring, there is a part of the game where Kratos appears different from the previous version in story video mode (which is the part where Kratos meets a type of general from the army of Sparta ), In this scene he looked really weird, but the story is half-assed.

Ascension for me.

So much content in the plans, none of it made the cut. A lot of cool concepts were mentioned in the mythological artbook, like Thebes, Athena in Egypt and many other wonders, but the entire thing got bumrushed to hell and back. And with combat it just takes one step forward and two steps back, locking full combos behind Rage Bars and causing them to deplete over time, which is just silly. The story itself left much to be desired, it's not as memorable as the rest of the series.
I didn't like having to fill up a whole bar to have the same old attacks, it doesn't feel like an original fury

Ascension, the only thing really going for it is that the story is pretty cool in concept but even then in execution it's not handled so great. The gameplay doesn't really make it stand out (Which is why it got hit with statements of how the formula was being worn thin), and in a lot cases feels like a downgrade, the multiplier was cool but didn't really offer much to keep you invested for more than a couple matches, and every GOW game has at least a few songs I can easily remember at a moment but I could sit here for hours trying and not a single song from ascension would pop into my head. Soundtracks still fine and all but I ain't ever gonna go outta my way to remember or listen to any of the music.

Of course objectively it should be Betrayal but nobody counts that game
Sometimes the game is so buggy that the music doesn't even appear, and what's more, there isn't even a sound in the parts where Kratos falls, just story scenes.

Let me see if i get This straight
Yggdrasil level existence ymir iw why gow odin range is low 1c? Cuz realms justification sounds like low multi
1. Yggdrasil's flood threatens to drown "all of creation", which includes not just the 9 Realms, but also the Realm Between Realms, which in turn is a part of Yggdrasil.

2. Odin can manipulate the branches of the tree to reach anywhere within the confines of the Norse Pantheon, which again, needs to traverse the Realm Between Realms, which in turn is a part of Yggdrasil.

1. Yggdrasil's flood threatens to drown "all of creation", which includes not just the 9 Realms, but also the Realm Between Realms, which in turn is a part of Yggdrasil.

2. Odin can manipulate the branches of the tree to reach anywhere within the confines of the Norse Pantheon, which again, needs to traverse the Realm Between Realms, which in turn is a part of Yggdrasil.
Yeah i already realizated that's why ymir is part of low 1c range
Tho missed the branches part mb

God of War Chains of Olympus, for me it only gets good when you're almost turning the game, where there are some parts that really attract me, like the one where you pierce a fire Titan and catch some flames that burn everything in its path.

Well, that was Ghost of Sparta lol

The same as everyone else for me, Ascension. It just, well, really the same as what everyone else said. It was lacking.

The rage meter was stupid.

The story wasn't terrible, but wasn't memorable at all, and kinda confused me at first. And I feel like it was all wasted potential. The game should have started off with Kratos making the deal with Ares IMO and the main villain could be the Barbarian King.
The Furies weren't really intimidating, or memorable enough for me. Nor did I care for their motives. This game has the some of the same problems as Ragnarok now that I notice it.
Wasted potential. There are so many Greek myths, and figures they could have incorporated into this game and just didn't.

I feel like this game should have launched on PS4.

I will say, I enjoy the boss fights and their difficulty. The Twins and the fight with Megaera were great bosses.

And honestly I feel like the Multiplayer was the best part of the game. It's faults was they made no effort to keep it alive and expand it. It really could have used more modes, maps, player customization, Weapons etc it was really fun and I never got tired of playing.

I would have to say 2018 or Ragnarok. The entire gameplay loop in these games is an absolute boring slog and in all the other aspects they might not even be GoW games.

Back