• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Uhh does someone remember that if i replay gow 2 on titan for the first time i need to collect the eyes and feathers again or?

That's my least favourite GoW downplay I've seen.

'It's not literal, it's just mythology.'

I get calling something flowery language, but dismissing something in GoW because of mythology is stupid. Like, mf, GoW is mythology.
Good thing God Of War doesn't use as much flowery language as Ss

Uhh does someone remember that if i replay gow 2 on titan for the first time i need to collect the eyes and feathers again or?
I don't think it's necessary, but you should get all secret urns if you want to have infinite magic and stuff, if you unlocked all clothes on other difficulties (there's not much need for catch more eyes), I remember that eyes released a special outfit, lol ( Eyes of those ogres I guess )

Oh yes! If it is eyes that give life yes and feathers that give magic it is necessary, to level up your life and energy, after turning into titan mode for the first time you no longer need to take anything else (finish for the first time no need to get anything else)

She losing Tier 1.
Why? Where's the thread for this atrocity?

Edit: Nvm, found the thread. DAMN IT.
Realm Between Realms getting 5D shit instead.
I find it weird that Athena doesn't scale to RBR.

Here's hoping 2-A or Low 1-C Yggdrasil is accepted so all the top tiers can just scale to that.
At least Kratos will become an uber-broken Tier 2 once again and have his layers back so... that's a plus I guess?
Aka a tier 2 who literally no one on his tier can fight without being stomped.

Last edited:
Why? Where's the thread for this atrocity?

Edit: Nvm, found the thread. DAMN IT.
A lot of other Tier 1 verses will be downgraded because of it as well.

Not exactly the best day for us hack-and-slash broskis.

I find it weird that Athena doesn't scale to RBR.
I will never allow it to happen either. Mwahahahaha

Here's hoping 2-A or Low 1-C Yggdrasil is accepted so all the top tiers can just scale to that.
Atreus being 2-A? Uber Cringe

Aka a tier 2 who literally no one on his tier can fight without being stomped.
Best place for Kratos to be, god bless Conceptual Invulnerability and "more abstract than abstract" bullshit that GoW took from DMC

I don't think it's necessary, but you should get all secret urns if you want to have infinite magic and stuff, if you unlocked all clothes on other difficulties (there's not much need for catch more eyes), I remember that eyes released a special outfit, lol ( Eyes of those ogres I guess )

Oh yes! If it is eyes that give life yes and feathers that give magic it is necessary, to level up your life and energy, after turning into titan mode for the first time you no longer need to take anything else (finish for the first time no need to get anything else)
There is also Gaia's secret chests that you do using a time puzzle and the lava section.

Also spoiler, the BoO's damage in Bonus Play isn't as good as you think it is. Spear of Destiny and Alrik's Hammer maxed out are way better options for you to power through.

A lot of other Tier 1 verses will be downgraded because of it as well.
Misery does love company, I guess.
Not exactly the best day for us hack-and-slash broskis.
Hence why my favorite hack-and-slash is always gonna be MGR.
I will never allow it to happen either. Mwahahahaha
You heartless bastard.
Atreus being 2-A? Uber Cringe
I could make a 2-A battle between him and Perma-Boosted Super Monkey from BTD6.

No joke.
Best place for Kratos to be, god bless Conceptual Invulnerability and "more abstract than abstract" bullshit that GoW took from DMC
I'll miss the Inconclusive Low 1-C battles.

We should've done Kratos vs Alien X even if PoH Kratos stomped.

And since smurfs are getting revised, the entire smurf list will have to be redone and Kratos goes back to "strongest non-smurf shit".

there are so many terrible GoW debunks out there, this may actually be the worst I ever saw ngl

okay at this point am genuinely questioning if they really "if not in gameplay than it secondary canon or outlier" to just not liking mythos.

Hey man, do you have the archive of the Artstation scan stating that the Urd well lies at the base of the Yggdrasil? I also need the mural which shows Asgard on top of the World Tree.
I do. I had an SS saved of it before it got nuked. Here.

I put it in the Explanation Page once I found out it got deleted. This is why it always helps to take screenshots of these things. Helps massively so.

Hey man, do you have the archive of the Artstation scan stating that the Urd well lies at the base of the Yggdrasil?
For the record, the magical lake got retconned to kingdom come.

I also need the mural which shows Asgard on top of the World Tree.
It's in the Explanation Page on the map. Or you could use the Mystic Gateway Door Tree map.

Any good scaling I am unaware about from Egyptian Mythos that GOW might add for when they get to that Pantheon?

Best scaling I can remember is that at Ra created the Universe and if Apophis eats him he can go on to swallow the universe and return it to nothingness

Any good scaling I am unaware about from Egyptian Mythos that GOW might add for when they get to that Pantheon?

Best scaling I can remember is that at Ra created the Universe and if Apophis eats him he can go on to swallow the universe and return it to nothingness
Pretty sure Egyptian mythos is dogshit in scaling

Pretty sure Egyptian mythos is dogshit in scaling
Bro what? Egyptian mythology is insane.
Nun is an infinite nothingness from which the universe is seen as atom in comparison. Shu and Tefnut created the Universe and Shu holds it on his shoulders. Ra created "millions and millions of stars" just by speaking their secret names (million in Egypt meant infinite btw), there exists a God called Heh who is literal embodiment of infinity and Eternity.

Furthermore, there are gods like Sobek and Thoth as two examples, who created the Universe in some myths.

I can go on and on. Egyptian mythology solos both Greek and Norse mythologies unironically.

Bro what? Egyptian mythology is insane.
Nun is an infinite nothingness from which the universe is seen as atom in comparison. Shu and Tefnut created the Universe and Shu holds it on his shoulders. Ra created "millions and millions of stars" just by speaking their secret names (million in Egypt meant infinite btw), there exists a God called Heh who is literal embodiment of infinity and Eternity.

Furthermore, there are gods like Sobek and Thoth as two examples, who created the Universe in some myths.

I can go on and on. Egyptian mythology solos both Greek and Norse mythologies unironically.
I don't really think that'd scale high, though. Not higher than what we previously had.

@KLOL506 Look who was right

vCknObH.png

Anyway, if there does come a DMC downgrade, it won't be from him, it will be from us, and if he does it, he's getting permabanned. AGAIN.

No, why? Can't be nonexistent if you are the literal concept of life.

Plus, NEP standards are hella strict and weird.
She's also the living embodiment of the void, which is why the other primordials have Advanced NPI.

And it kinda makes sense with life coming from her, she birthed the heavens.

After all what was before all that? nothing.

She's also the living embodiment of the void, which is why the other primordials have Advanced NPI.

And it kinda makes sense with life coming from her, she birthed the heavens.

After all what was before all that? nothing.
Not how NEP works anymore. Mundus lost it too for similar reasons.

Back