• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Oh wait, it gets wackier.

In Ghost of Sparta, Zeus calls Kratos as Death, The Destroyer of Worlds.

In GoW2, he fulfill's Prometheus' wishes and kills him by drenching him in the Fires of Olympus.

GoW Prometheus was voiced by Alan Oppenheimer, he is J. Robert Oppenheimer's third cousin.
There's also an easter egg in GoW 2 IIRC which, if triggered, says "NOW I AM BECOME DEATH, THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS" and fills up Kratos' health bar.

Last edited:
It's funny how we always talk about Kratos NPI soul killing feat, but the other one we never talk about is him blocking the soul summons from Hades, and being able to kill lost souls.

The lost souls one is actually interesting cuz Gorgons are capable of petrifying them. And even harming and killing them with regular physical attacks. So are the undead legionaries, and Minotaurs. And pretty much every other enemy in the game. So I guess even fodder creatures in Greece can interact with souls.

It's funny how we always talk about Kratos NPI soul killing feat, but the other one we never talk about is him blocking the soul summons from Hades, and being able to kill lost souls.

The lost souls one is actually interesting cuz Gorgons are capable of petrifying them. And even harming and killing them with regular physical attacks. So are the undead legionaries, and Minotaurs. And pretty much every other enemy in the game. So I guess even fodder creatures in Greece can interact with souls.
Lot of those are magical but AFAIK the Wraiths are even more impressive. Those idiots are legit incorporeal and Kratos negs them permanently.

Also If the RBR is a 5-D space (doesn't Ultima agree on this?) and Athena and Kratos transcend it, shouldn't the Low 1-C ratings ratings remain?

Also If the RBR is a 5-D space (doesn't Ultima agree on this?) and Athena and Kratos transcend it, shouldn't the Low 1-C ratings ratings remain?
Won't matter if they won't accept the arguments for Athena's higher existence to count at all.

Even if it did, no, it wouldn't. She's explicitly stated to be higher than "everbody else", which explicitly includes the Inhabitants of the Realms and the Realms they reside in.

They can't reside in the RBR. They'll get erased.

Sure. It exists in the Norse Pantheon exclusively. All Pantheons are on the same plane of existence (The Greater Earth/Universe). But the RBR is not where "everybody else" lives, nor can they, without risking a fate worse than death.

Even if it did, no, it wouldn't. She's explicitly stated to be higher than "everbody else", which explicitly includes the Inhabitants of the Realms and the Realms they reside in.
I'm pretty sure her transcendance includes the bifrost
They can't reside in the RBR. They'll get erased
Which comes from the light of alfheim which is one of the things that allow travel to the RBR.
But the RBR is not where "everybody else" lives, nor can they, without risking a fate worse than death.
True, but as said earlier there are things in the Norse world that do allow them to withstand being Erased, and beings that are made from the primordial essence which also prevents this

I'm pretty sure her transcendance includes the bifrost
It's on the same level of existence as the Realms tho? Like, all magic is 4D because of serving as the building blocks of the Realms.

Which comes from the light of alfheim which is one of the things that allow travel to the RBR.
That's not necessarily indicative of its dimensionality. Travel to the RBR =/= HDE shit to qualify for qualitative superiority.

Also the Bifrost provides resistance to EE from RBR but doesn't allow full escape from it.

True, but as said earlier there are things in the Norse world that do allow them to withstand being Erased, and beings that are made from the primordial essence which also prevents this
That's just EE resistance.

It's on the same level of existence as the Realms tho? Like, all magic is 4D because of serving as the building blocks of the Realms
I thought
That's not necessarily indicative of its dimensionality. Travel to the RBR =/= HDE shit to qualify for qualitative superiority.
The Light was itself Higher dimensional, Transcending the realm itself and everything in it

The most braindead people i have ever seen.
These arguments are so funny and so ridiculous that the mere reference of Uranus' Ascension GIF kills it dead. What's worse, it's all been debunked before.

Why wouldn't it? He's the OG gigachad of GoW that kickstarted all of this.

It's a shame that Athena is getting gutted while Norse gets away with the 5D RBR wank. Which of course, no one scales to. AT ALL.

Last edited:
he tried

That is all I'm gonna say.

lmao, he tried debunking it
Screenshot_2023-07-21-12-32-29-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I'm sorry Asura but them dudes got a point. It was all just a story. Gaia being a Primordial had absolutely little to contribute to the story's legitimacy. You know, Greeks being rarted and all.

That's my least favourite GoW downplay I've seen.

'It's not literal, it's just mythology.'

I get calling something flowery language, but dismissing something in GoW because of mythology is stupid. Like, mf, GoW is mythology.
Sometimes they reject ratings because of mythology, sometimes they do it because the mythology isn't 1:1 with the game.

Like, make up your ******* mind bro.

Sometimes they reject ratings because of mythology, sometimes they do it because the mythology isn't 1:1 with the game.

Like, make up your ******* mind bro.
Sometimes, shit like Angrboda happens where people lose their minds because she's black in Ragnarok instead of white. But she doesn't have a defined color in Norse.

MFs don't even know that Kratos, a Meditteranean Greek Bald dude with Olive Skin, has been solely voiced by black actors.

I really don't get the fixation with skin color and voice acting. Like seriously, Japanese people voice characters of other races, nationalities and colors all the goddamn time. Female voice actors voice young boys below the age of 13.

You know what is baffling to me? How some people think mythology is above fiction completely and some who think universe is like 4-A at best and then they say "in mythology stars aren't real stars so skoll and hati in GoW Ragnarok didn't ate real stars 🤓"

Back