• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The Well of Urd went from a cosmic well of infinite realities located at the base of the Yggdrasil to a random ass lake. Fate no longer exists as a construct and the Norns actually don't have any power over destiny etc.

Honestly, tiering aside, it was just a shitty change. But it is what it is.
Tf??

When did it get retconned to a random ass lake???

Are there any other feats in the novels that are like 6-C, 6-B and High 6-A? Besides gaia breathing and creating continents or whatever?

Garm is their mother, right? Can she/whatever get 'possibly resistance to time manipulation'?
Garm has no relation to Skoll or Hati. And Garm's a dude lol.

Their father is a dead Wolf Giant that was a great enemy of the Aesir. Hrodvitnir or something.

Garm has no relation to Skoll or Hati. And Garm's a dude lol.

Their father a dead Wolf Giant that was a great enemy of the Aesir. Hrodvitnir or something.
Lmaoo i am ashamed for calling garm a she 💀

Anyway, is Hrodvitnir distinct from garm?
Because in actual mythology Hrodvitnir is actually just another name for garm/fenrir/fenris.

Lmaoo i am ashamed for calling garm a she 💀

Anyway, is Hrodvitnir distinct from garm?
Because in actual mythology Hrodvitnir is actually just another name for garm/fenrir/fenris.
Yeah, he is. This is God of War, it takes a lot of liberties with mythology, which is why trying to use it as a measuring stick is asinine.

We know **** all about him other than he existed at some point, was probably 2-C and he died.
So... what's exactly his story?
Like, we know garm ate tyr's arm which implies he was tortured by odin after that and put in hel. Similarly to mythology.
If Hrodvitnir is a mother to skoll and hati and garm beat off tyr's arm then i absolutely don't understand how the timeline is supposed to go.

So... what's exactly his story?
Like, we know garm ate tyr's arm which implies he was tortured by odin after that and put in hel. Similarly to mythology.
If Hrodvitnir is a mother to skoll and hati and garm beat off tyr's arm then i absolutely don't understand how the timeline is supposed to go.
Garm and Hrod have no relation whatsoever. Hrod's just a Wolf Giant that's a father to the Celestial Wolves.

So just to make sure these are the correct 12 Olympians in GOW...

1. Zeus

2. Poseidon

3. Hades

4. Ares

5. Athena

6. Helios ( Titan turned Olympian iirc )

7. Artemis

8. Apollo ( but he never appeared )

9. Aphrodite

10. Hermes

12. Hephaestus

Hestia exists ( appeared in novels iirc ) but isn't on the council right?

And Idk about Demeter

And Dionysus is never mentioned?

This all correct?

Screenshot_2023-05-17-04-14-29-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

1. Zeus

2. Poseidon

3. Hades

4. Ares

5. Athena

7. Artemis

9. Aphrodite

10. Hermes

12. Hephaestus

And Idk about Demeter

This all correct?
Still waiting

1. Zeus

2. Poseidon

3. Hades

4. Ares

5. Athena

7. Artemis

9. Aphrodite

10. Hermes

12. Hephaestus

And Idk about Demeter

This all correct?
Dionysius is never mentioned. Demeter exists in the novels and Persephone is described as her daughter in CoO. So does Hestia.

Dionysius is never mentioned. Demeter exists in the novels and Persephone is described as her daughter in CoO. So does Hestia.

1. Ok on the Dionysius thing

2. Wait...so Demeter is an Olympian? Then who on my list is incorrect?

3. I already know Persephone is Zeus and Demeter's child

4. Ok on the Hestia thing

1. Ok on the Dionysius thing

2. Wait...so Demeter is an Olympian? Then who on my list is incorrect?

3. I already know Persephone is Zeus and Demeter's child

4. Ok on the Hestia thing
God of War doesn't seem to really care about the "12 Olympians" thing.

Back