• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

ygmE28a.png

Only light was produced, no stars no galaxy, just light according to this CV man
At least it's not as bad as "Town level stars"

For those who don't know what i'm talking about, it's This. The middle top picture.
It's from a Chains of Olympus PSP trailer.

Naturally tho, GoW3 and Ascension retcon that aspect by making the Sun be an actually-separate object from Hyperion or Helios. That and Ariel states Atlas Helios in Titan form, when she says that Helios has two sizes- Human Size as we see in GoW3, and Titan Size as when he normally shines in the sky as in Chains.

It's from a Chains of Olympus PSP trailer.

Naturally tho, GoW3 and Ascension retcon that aspect by making the Sun be an actually-separate object from Hyperion or Helios. That and Ariel states Atlas Helios in Titan form, when she says that Helios has two sizes- Human Size as we see in GoW3, and Titan Size as when he normally shines in the sky as in Chains.
So, helios titan form died too or not? Also, gaia has titan form and primordial form, does that mean kratos only killed her titan form?

Also, do gods have any higher form or something like gaia?

So, helios titan form died too or not?
Helios as a whole died. He is a Titan-turned-Olympian, but he can shift size to whatever he sees fit.

Also, gaia has titan form and primordial form, does that mean kratos only killed her titan form?
Yes.

Also, do gods have any higher form or something like gaia?
Other than Primordials, majority of whom are dead? No. Athena straight up doesn't exist on the Pantheon level anymore.

If God of War 3 were made with Ragnarok's budget, we might've had Evil modes for all the gods lol. Or an actual Artemis and Apollo fight.

Oh, when?
Well, in the 2018 game, troll now kratos was a god and even commented on that, which the novel itself confirms, but still attacked him regardless.

In the novel one ogre was straggling kratos and he couldn't brush him off immediately if i remember correctly.

Well, in the 2018 game, troll now kratos was a god and even commented on that, which the novel itself confirms, but still attacked him regardless.

In the novel one ogre was straggling kratos and he couldn't brush him off immediately if i remember correctly.
Kratos actively holds back and makes himself appear more human by that point in the novel though.

When he's in Helheim without Atreus, he oneshots Mattugr Helson as per the novel (the game obviously needed a boss fight).

Kratos actively holds back and makes himself appear more human by that point in the novel though.

When he's in Helheim without Atreus, he oneshots Mattugr Helson as per the novel (the game obviously needed a boss fight).
I forgot about the helheim thing. You're right. It's still interesting nonetheless.

Also, if i remember Correctly the Pillar Mattugr Helson was carrying held all the power or force (or something like that, i don't exactly remember) of hel and kratos destroyed that easily. Is this notable feat for him?

Another quick question, i remember in promotional material for ragnarok it said how fenrir will devourer the sun, does anyone remember that?

I forgot about the helheim thing. You're right. It's still interesting nonetheless.

Also, if i remember Correctly the Pillar Mattugr Helson was carrying held all the power or force (or something like that, i don't exactly remember) of hel and kratos destroyed that easily. Is this notable feat for him?
Yeah, the very magical energy/power of Helheim itself was his to wield and we already now that both the Yggdrasil and Nine Realms innately possess magic in their fundamental make-up. Kratos defeats him but it'd only be a Low 2-C feat anyway. Still, would be a good feat for Mattugr himself to scale too.

Ain't no way you did that so quickly.

The magic of valkyrie will "ripple through this realm for ages, tearing at it's fabric"

And "the tree bleeds from my foolishness"

I'm assuming that if Hræzlyr gets a page, it would be 2-C via scaling to 2018 Kratos and the artbook statement that dragons are god-level?
Baldur was considered one of the few gods capable of taming a dragon, and the fight with Hraezlyr was one of tougher battles for Kratos in 2018 according to Atreus.

With that and Heimdall seemingly worrying about being harmed by dragons, they could scale to 2-C, yeah.

Back