• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

1. WoG contradictory to the source material that we reject anyway? Pfffffft, couldn't be me.

2. BFR is real, Ares controlling aspects of said dimension is real, and the dimension feat itself is completely meaningless for its tiering because its best showcase is a big-ass swirling galaxy in it with countless stars, it exists for nothing else other than to spite people who think GoW doesn't have a proper universe and is thus not cosmic.

The whole purpose of that dimension/illusion/whatever is to showcase Ares' knowledge of the cosmos: For him to be able to banish Kratos there or create something remotely similar, he needs to know that the contents of said dimension/illusion/whatever also exist in reality.

1. He argued how Sisters of Fate allowed him to kill them and how they could have one shot him any time they wanted.

2. He said BoO Zeus could also have one shot Kratos but the plot needed him to win. He said Zeus casually one shotted hundreds of Rhodes and Spartan soldiers at the beggining of GoW II while Kratos needs multiple hits to kill one.

3. He said Kratos only beat Poseidon with Gaia's help and that without her he would stand no chance at all. As for Hades he argued he was heavily weakened beacuse of the titan battle and that Kratos only beat him beacuse of soul hax.
(Yeah he thinks all the titans and primordials are also a lot stronger than Kratos, not just Olympians)

4. As for Hope he claims it's just a useless non canon plot device. (He didn't elaborate why he thinks so. )

He has some of the most bizzare and unhinged arguments i've ever seen. He scales the Olympians, Titans and Primordials to High 3-A but Kratos only to High 6-A (even as a literal God of War, he argues Ares was basically infinitely stronger as a God).
Lol, this guy just claimed Stig Asmussen said Hope is not canon in GoW in an interview but said he couldn't find it.

image0.gif

I wish the next GOW game has more intelligent bosses.

Like Sekiro and Bloodborne, I hope enemies can block, dodge, and parry your attacks, just like you. And even have complex combos of their own

image0.gif

This happens on CV. You have some guy making a dogshit debunk and then either Maulsmacker or thenamelessone always debunking that debunk. They're good people.

I wish the next GOW game has more intelligent bosses.

Like Sekiro and Bloodborne, I hope enemies can block, dodge, and parry your attacks, just like you. And even have complex combos of their own
Same. A Soulsborne style game would be pretty neat to play.

And unrelated but man, watching a GoW 1 playthrough and then seeing Kratos in Ragnarok carry himself like an old man hits different. He's really grown up.

I wonder if Zeus' last conscious thought before he died was him thinking about the irony of their lineage. The world he ruled over was born from his grandfather and came to an end with his son. All while trying to stop it.

But knowing him it was probably "Man, that Spartan pussy was NOT worth it!"

I wonder if Zeus' last conscious thought before he died was him thinking about the irony of their lineage. The world he ruled over was born from his grandfather and came to an end with his son. All while trying to stop it.

I wonder if the rebirthed pantheon's strength would be tbh.

I think it would be "...Maybe I was not the best father..."

I think it would be "...Maybe I was not the best father..."
He'd be beside himself if he saw Kratos' current life; his grandson is as powerful as a fully grown Olympian at a mere 14 years of age and only getting stronger but there's no bad blood between him and Kratos. He has friends, allies, a purpose and he defied his fate of dying during Ragnarok not by fighting and killing all his threats but by being a better person.

Zeus' last conscious thought was most likely him internally apologising. iirc there was a removed voiceline of him apologising to Kratos

Back