• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I've always wondered about what it'd be like to wield the power of Hope itself like Kratos did. To imagine that when people think of a better future, they literally think of you, cuz you embody that concept. It's made me wonder what it'd be like if someone pure-hearted carried the Power of Hope. It also makes me wonder what the effects of giving hope to humanity did. Just imagining the power to life people's spirits and give them the will to keep going, it'd be truly amazing to have such a power. Sad we never got to see the full extent of what embodying Hope could really do.
Just think Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa with Superpowers.

Question
If someone resists kratos soul attacks would the Deconstruction still work If They are relative or stronger than Kratos?
Don't have novel tp know enough context on if ap played a part or not

Question
If someone resists kratos soul attacks would the Deconstruction still work If They are relative or stronger than Kratos?
Don't have novel tp know enough context on if ap played a part or not
AP plays no part. The Deconstruction is a separate side effect from the soul shit. Arms of Hades, Poseidon's Rage and Light of Alfheim just so happen to share Deconstruction as an ability coincidentally.

AP plays no part. The Deconstruction is a separate side effect from the soul shit. Arms of Hades, Poseidon's Rage and Light of Alfheim just so happen to share Deconstruction as an ability coincidentally.
Ahh i see
Out of curiosity why ap played no role in Poseidon rage (forget to specify i specifically Talk about that)

Am still questioning if the giants are going to be either butt hurt and refuse to come back unless "loki's" father isn't dead or just won't move because they can't see norse as their home anymoe even if Odin is dead aswell as his cruel but also broken enforcer and the lil stank that really won't have made a difference in the world was gone..

I mean...at least Angrboda was cool.
Yeah, she was an exception. Faye too. The rest were bonkers. They at some point had two Thor level warriors, stole Thor's hammer and can see the future. Yet, balls.

Still, would they be quitee pissy if kratos is alive or not, that's the question.
Even if he is, they don't have any reason to fear his wrath. Kratos has no opinion on the giants beyond them being his wife's people.

Even if he is, they don't have any reason to fear his wrath. Kratos has no opinion on the giants beyond them being his wife's people.
But didn't she get exiled by then because she literally tried to make their future better via having kratos live?

But didn't she get exiled by then because she literally tried to make their future better via having kratos live?
She left but I don't think it's ever stated that she was exiled.

Even then, there's no point for Kratos to care about them anymore.

The Jotnar are without question the most baffling race/faction that I've seen yet. I legit can't fathom how Loki is so loyal to them, especially after they chose to hide in their balls.
Why do you think they're so baffling? I mean, yea they hid in the orbs, but for pretty good reasons. Even if you know the future, it doesn't mean much if you can't actually do anything to prevent it. Like none of the Giants were strong enough to fight Thor and Odin, and Odin's pretty crafty. What other reasons do you dislike the Giants?

Faye and Starkadr could hold their own against Thor and the latter was strong enough to need Asgard, Vanaheim and Midgard to take down and have Thor to afraid to face him head on. In fact, unless these two really young, at some point these two existed while Thor lacked Mjolnir. So even if they couldn't directly face the other realms, those two should've been a good enough deterrent.

Their magic was apparently good enough that it was the progenitor of Vanir magic and if Jormugandr is any indicator, they retain their abilities and might even if put in other bodies, so just doing that and disguising themselves among say, humans would allow them to hide out while planning.

And the one time they steal the superweapon in Thor's hands, they lose it to Asgard again for the dumbest reasons possible. Adding to that fact, if they could just leave the pantheon, why didn't they just do that and like, wait out Kratos coming to Scandinavia before aiding him against Odin?

They have far too many options to somehow job harder than the Dwarves and not even be present for the battle that decides the fate of the realms, even in a support capacity.

It's not even hate, they're just plain disappointing.

Faye and Starkadr could hold their own against Thor and the latter was strong enough to need Asgard, Vanaheim and Midgard to take down and have Thor to afraid to face him head on. In fact, unless these two really young, at some point these two existed while Thor lacked Mjolnir. So even if they couldn't directly face the other realms, those two should've been a good enough deterrent.

Their magic was apparently good enough that it was the progenitor of Vanir magic and if Jormugandr is any indicator, they retain their abilities and might even if put in other bodies, so just doing that and disguising themselves among say, humans would allow them to hide out while planning.

And the one time they steal the superweapon in Thor's hands, they lose it to Asgard again for the dumbest reasons possible. Adding to that fact, if they could just leave the pantheon, why didn't they just do that and like, wait out Kratos coming to Scandinavia before aiding him against Odin?

They have far too many options to somehow job harder than the Dwarves and not even be present for the battle that decides the fate of the realms, even in a support capacity.

It's not even hate, they're just plain disappointing.
I guess that's fair. But if the Giants were alive while Kratos was in the Norse mythology, then there wouldn't be a game, or at least it wouldn't be as poignant, cuz Odin wouldn't stand a chance and he'd have no threat with Kratos being backed up by the Giants.

I guess that's fair. But if the Giants were alive while Kratos was in the Norse mythology, then there wouldn't be a game, or at least it wouldn't be as poignant, cuz Odin wouldn't stand a chance and he'd have no threat with Kratos being backed up by the Giants.
I feel that there's more than enough ways for them make Asgard powerful enough to threaten the Nine Realms even despite that. Like, they did it with the Olympians during the second Titanomachy. Kratos crossed space and time to muster an army of beings individually more powerful than any average Jotunn and that army got its ass handed to it by only the second strongest god he was up against. If anything, they went too far one way and made the Titans near irrelevant.

And honestly, Ragnarok had enough of an issue in making the stakes compelling already. You're telling me Freya never thought to give them the invulnerability curse, if even for the duration of the battle? Or go to Jotunheim and puppeteer an army of Jotunn corpses? Heck, she can apparently teleport people across realms directly so I'm surprised she didn't do that while they needed to kill Heimdall or get the mask. She was riddled with PIS for there to be an even war.

I feel that there's more than enough ways for them make Asgard powerful enough to threaten the Nine Realms even despite that. Like, they did it with the Olympians during the second Titanomachy. Kratos crossed space and time to muster an army of beings individually more powerful than any average Jotunn and that army got its ass handed to it by only the second strongest god he was up against. If anything, they went too far one way and made the Titans near irrelevant.
Yea, that's true. I honestly feel like the game could've benefited from another sequel, like expanding Ragnarok and giving more time for the characters to develop and the lore to expand. I always found it rather surprising how quickly the game progressed to Ragnarok after Brok's death. They could've shown some more Norse gods, cuz the only Norse Gods who were actual fighters by the time of Ragnarok were Thor and Odin. Those were the only two heavy-hitters, since Baldur and Heimdall were dead and Sif wasn't a fighter. Like maybe bring in Odin's brothers or something, I don't know.
And honestly, Ragnarok had enough of an issue in making the stakes compelling already. You're telling me Freya never thought to give them the invulnerability curse, if even for the duration of the battle? Or go to Jotunheim and puppeteer an army of Jotunn corpses? Heck, she can apparently teleport people across realms directly so I'm surprised she didn't do that while they needed to kill Heimdall or get the mask. She was riddled with PIS for there to be an even war.
Yea, you've got a good point there. Though I think that might've gone against her character arc, to place the spell that caused her son so much suffering. I understand the pragmatic reasons, but it would've felt wrong for her to do this. And maybe she didn't like the idea of puppeteering the army of Jotunn corpses, though she technically did this in the previous game. Your idea is still pretty good though.

Yea, that's true. I honestly feel like the game could've benefited from another sequel, like expanding Ragnarok and giving more time for the characters to develop and the lore to expand. I always found it rather surprising how quickly the game progressed to Ragnarok after Brok's death. They could've shown some more Norse gods, cuz the only Norse Gods who were actual fighters by the time of Ragnarok were Thor and Odin. Like maybe bring in Odin's brothers or something, I don't know.
It really would've. They could've trimmed down Ragnarok a lot (cause it has a lot of pacing and story bloat issues) and had the game end at Heimdall as the final villain (though he'd of course be appropriately buffed). Or at least Brok's death and give it a darker cliffhanger. Issues like this are were linear games shine and have advantage.

The Jotnar are without question the most baffling race/faction that I've seen yet. I legit can't fathom how Loki is so loyal to them, especially after they chose to hide in their balls.
Starkoar is the only one who is actually cool.

Speaking of, would he be above Kratos? Or equal?

Starkoar is the only one who is actually cool.

Speaking of, would he be above Kratos? Or equal?
Well Starkoar's one of the few we actually know. And I'm not sure where Starkoar would place compared to Kratos. I mean, he could be stronger than Kratos based on how much effort it took to defeat him, but we don't know how long ago it was and how much stronger Thor had gotten since then. So I don't know. But knowing Kratos, if they fought, he'd figure something out.

Well Starkoar's one of the few we actually know. And I'm not sure where Starkoar would place compared to Kratos. I mean, he could be stronger than Kratos based on how much effort it took to defeat him, but we don't know how long ago it was and how much stronger Thor had gotten since then. So I don't know. But knowing Kratos, if they fought, he'd figure something out.
I don't think they'd fight anyways, I recall him being peaceful

Bloodlusted Norse Kratos should hold the edge but Starkadr is likely physically stronger than Ragnarok Kratos to some degree. Course, this means very little in an actual fight.

And yeah, Starkadr isn't ever realistically fighting Norse Kratos. Neither are actually that combative.

Why should Norse Kratos hold the edge when Thor never dared to face Starkadr in battle?
Because Bloodlusted Kratos > Serious Ragnarok Kratos, and even tho the gap between the two was deemed to be not as outrageously big as thought, it's still noticeable, and Kratos himself has a hefty combat skill, versatility and mobility advantage effectively unmatched by any in the verse. Even Freya scales only to the Kratos that isn't consumed by Rage.

And it should obviously be without reason that GoW3 Kratos would utterly demolish Starkadr even if he and Greek Kratos were somehow physically even. Just ask Herc. Kratos is far more ruthless, versatile, has a boatload more powers to choose from, and best of all, boasts far greater AD and RE that would cause him to eclipse Starkadr within seconds or less (An advantage he has over Zeus' own AD).

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right. Thor is near equal to Ragnarok Kratos in raw strength. If the gap between his full power and bloodlust is not massive, there's no way he could equal Starkdar in strength.

Thor absolutely refused to fight the giant due to his might (while being willing to fight Kratos after already witnessing his enraged state), suggesting a gigantic gap. Doesn't change the fact Kratos outhaxes, but he shouldn't physically match him.

Back