• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Only other pantheon he visted would be Egypt, and he doesn't have fond memories of that, considering it was a hellish fever dream for him.
I thought that was retconned anyways since he didn't travel to the Norse realms on a boat, but was instead dragged by Skoll and Hati.

I think he also fought some deities in Persia in one of the older comics.

But those could technically be the same Gods as the Egyptian ones because of the IRL conquests that happened from 525-332 BC.

Medjed_%28Deity%29.png
Medjed

I think he also fought some deities in Persia in one of the older comics.
Only canon comics are like, the 2010 comics, the Rise of the Warrior, Fallen God and the 2018 prequel involving Bear-men.

I thought that was retconned anyways since he didn't travel to the Norse realms on a boat, but was instead dragged by Skoll and Hati.
Fallen God is canon, given it explains the whole issue of Kratos being unable to part from his Blades, but the entire journey to Egypt was a hellish fever dream for him. Kratos was deadass insane throughout the entire story due to his severe lack of sleep and having just recovered from his stomach wounds.

Fallen God is canon, given it explains the whole issue of Kratos being unable to part from his Blades, but the entire journey to Egypt was a hellish fever dream for him. Kratos was deadass insane throughout the entire story due to his severe lack of sleep and having just recovered from his stomach wounds.
Wait so, did he get to the Norse lands by Skoll and Hati, or by boat? I recall Fallen God showing him getting there by boat.

You know, since it was never confirmed how Faye died, some people think it was from wounds she got fighting Thor.

Except I'm pretty sure that if it was, and Kratos found out, he would've gone full Stage 6 rage on Thor's ass.

You know, since it was never confirmed how Faye died, some people think it was from wounds she got fighting Thor.

Except I'm pretty sure that if it was, and Kratos found out, he would've gone full Stage 6 rage on Thor's ass.
I'm pretty sure the Thor fight happened before they met. Else, Kratos would've noticed his wife taking a rain check to fight the God of Thunder.

Bear can hold his own against Thor just fine, he just lacks versatility. Atreus has versatility but lacks power.
I mean, if anything Bear Atreus should be somewhat stronger than Thor since even Spartan Rage Kratos was struggling to match Bear Atreus at first (and this was before Atreus could control his Bear Form), but he does indeed sacrifice his versatility.

I mean, if anything Bear Atreus should be somewhat stronger than Thor since even Spartan Rage Kratos was struggling to match Bear Atreus at first (and this was before Atreus could control his Bear Form), but he does indeed sacrifice his versatility.
Tbf, it's not like Kratos was gassing it against a random supernatural bear. Definitely putting in the work though.

Tbf, it's not like Kratos was gassing it against a random supernatural bear. Definitely putting in the work though.
Mimir was flat-out telling him to dodge Atreus's stomps.

Putting it like this makes me realize that Kratos must be really, really shitty with what mortals can and can't do. Dude wasn't even a little suspicious?
I mean, the Last Spartan, a normal-ass mortal, managed to hold his own for a minute.

My man logically shouldn't even be on par with human Kratos, yet he somehow is.

Sparta could've won all of their conflicts if Kratos did nothing after becoming the God of War.

Speaking of 2-C scrubs, I know Thrud probably scales above Base Atreus (she was easily handling multiple Einherjar at once while Atreus was struggling with one at a time, plus IIRC she took a casual Garm swipe), but does Sindri have enough to scale to 2-C?

My man logically shouldn't even be on par with human Kratos, yet he somehow is.

Sparta could've won all of their conflicts if Kratos did nothing after becoming the God of War.
If the novels were any indication, all he did was occasionally bless them and show up to cheer them on after their wars. Kratos, the divine soccer mom.

Speaking of 2-C scrubs, I know Thrud probably scales above Base Atreus (she was easily handling multiple Einherjar at once while Atreus was struggling with one at a time, plus IIRC she took a casual Garm swipe), but does Sindri have enough to scale to 2-C?
Base Atreus is the worst sort to use cause he'll be anywhere in scaling. He fought a Valkyrie (albeit while heavily struggling) and 2 hours later Thrud is giving him sweat.

He hurts Odin in the same fight that the latter flicks him like trash etc. He's basically wherever the plot demands, just still "god level".

If the novels were any indication, all he did was occasionally bless them and show up to cheer them on after their wars. Kratos, the divine soccer mom.
What I meant is that Zeus wouldn't have gone after Sparta at all.

Lol.
Base Atreus is the worst sort to use cause he'll be anywhere in scaling. He fought a Valkyrie (albeit while heavily struggling) and 2 hours later Thrud is giving him sweat.

He hurts Odin in the same fight that the latter flicks him like trash etc. He's basically wherever the plot demands, just still "god level".
True, but regardless Thrud is still repeatedly shown to be above him.

Though we can't use her taking a hit from Odin since Odin's comments right after show that he meant to not kill her.

Putting it like this makes me realize that Kratos must be really, really shitty with what mortals can and can't do. Dude wasn't even a little suspicious?
TBF he didn't even know he was a Demigod for the first 60 years or so of his life, plus he meet people like Alrik and The Last Spartan, so for all he knows anyone can be stupidly strong regardless of divinity.

TBF he didn't even know he was a Demigod for the first 60 years or so of his life, plus he meet people like Alrik and The Last Spartan, so for all he knows anyone can be stupidly strong regardless of divinity.
Alrik was a champion of Hades so that likely juiced him up to some extent.

The Last Spartan was just nonsensically strong.

Back