• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

This was no longer about being humbled, this was now deeply personal. So personal in fact that he would rip apart the entire pantheon just to see himself rip out Zeus' entrails with his bare hands to give him some semblance of fulfillment.
Or just beat his face in so bad the game screen became red with blood.

To be fair, Kratos should've probably thought things through when he heard Atlas end his flashback with "And so Zeus oneshot the entire Titan race".
FR.

This is just AP vs DC arguement. And it'd be dumb to assume end of GoW3 Zeus wasn't going all out against Kratos but GoW3 beginning Zeus went all out against him.

That introductory scene in 3 serves to showcase the sheer power Zeus holds. Nothing more. No media requires it's characters to constantly output 200% of their efforts visually to be actually powerful.
This isn't Goku charging a Genkidama.

You know I was playing God of War III, and I realized that the camera doesn't move automatically with Kratos. I've been playing the two most recent GoW games, so it took me by surprise and kinda annoyed me that I have to position Kratos in a certain way to see things. Anybody else feel that way?
The old Greek games have a fixed camera where the right stick is dodging.

I mean, Im just taking the piss but if it really bothers you then I'll cut back on that.
It just feels like you and KLOL506 are treating me like crap. I'm only trying to express my opinion based on what I saw and observe the scaling. I don't have full knowledge of the previous GoW games and never played GoW 1&2, and I haven't read all the novels like you guys have, so if I'm missing some stuff, then I'll admit when I'm wrong. But I'm not out to get either of you guys. If anything, I think you and KLOL506 are pretty cool and devoted users.

Honestly, speaking as someone who grew up on the Greek saga, the Norse game was jarring at first in terms of camera.
Yea, I imagine it'd be a bit of an adjustment for someone who grew up playing with a certain camera style. It's how I felt when playing some of the new Pokemon games.

Btw, is there any Norse person who could possibly beat Hades or Ares?

And I was thinking, for Poseidon vs either Thor or Freya, doesn't he have soul hax?
Also, for Poseidon, should I just remove the entire section in his AP about his Hippocampi since Thor ~= Serious Kratos = Pre-Hades Kratos = Gow2 Zeus >> Poseidon?

It's just that we've been seeing our fair share of some of the dumbest GoW takes imaginable to mankind solely because people can't even be bothered to watch the clips of the game. Like, we're not even asking you to play the game at all. There's playthroughs for this with timestamps, and even I haven't read the novels fully but I do truly understand what each of them are trying to convey and how they're trying to convey it. Hell, you don't even need to watch a full playthrough at all to get the gist.

However, what pisses me off the most is when people post their opinions in such a way that they word it like they're the ones in the right and we're the ones in the wrong, pretending that they know all about the verse without having actually seen or played the material themselves. They never word it like a proper curious question, but like an absolute "know-it-all" kind of ego contest made solely to anger those who would answer these questions to solve their queries, and they type in so much irrelevant and dumb shit that it completely goes beyond what exists and was intended to be portrayed in the original source material. My apologies if you felt this way, but this was something I needed to get off my chest for a while.

It's just that we've been seeing our fair share of some of the dumbest GoW takes imaginable to mankind solely because people can't even be bothered to watch the clips of the game. Like, we're not even asking you to play the game at all. There's playthroughs for this with timestamps, and even I haven't read the novels fully but I do truly understand what each of them are trying to convey and how they're trying to convey it. Hell, you don't even need to watch a full playthrough at all to get the gist.

However, what pisses me off the most is when people post their opinions in such a way that they word it like they're the ones in the right and we're the ones in the wrong, pretending that they know all about the verse without having actually seen or played the material themselves. They never word it like a proper curious question, but like an absolute "know-it-all" kind of ego contest made solely to anger those who would answer these questions to solve their queries, and they type in so much irrelevant and dumb shit that it completely goes beyond what exists and was intended to be portrayed in the original source material. My apologies if you felt this way, but this was something I needed to get off my chest for a while.
I get that. I just wanna clear up I'm not one of those guys who wants to present himself like a know-it-all. Like, I'll admit, Zeus is literally the top-tier in GoW based on all the evidence shown, and it looks like nobody's managed to come close to him since GoW III. But I'd appreciate it if you did not tell me, "this is the dumbest, most asinine take I've ever heard". Even for this site, I feel like that goes a bit far.
@CiscoTheSoto
You should get used to shit talking honestly.
No one here is intending to be mean at all. It's just how homies talk. Once you built a certain kind of informal rapport, it's hard to go back to formal polite speak.
I also understand this, and I do occasionally get a bit harsh with some dumb takes, but I try my best not to insult the person directly.

Yeah, nobody means anything by any comments here. Heck, we mock each other on Discord way worse than this and laugh it off right after.

But we can keep it toned down if it distresses you.
Like it's different when you mock people you've known for a while, cuz then you at least know "this guy's just messing around, it's part of our banter,", but as I've only recently been part of the GoW section of this site, I don't really know most of the users, and a lot of the time it feels like genuine scorn.

Yeah, nobody means anything by any comments here. Heck, we mock each other on Discord way worse than this and laugh it off right after.

But we can keep it toned down if it distresses you.
He should see the OP/FT discussions and the stuff I've seen and experienced being thrown as insults.

But usually it's all in good fun, Cisco.

Also, for Poseidon, should I just remove the entire section in his AP about his Hippocampi since Thor ~= Serious Kratos = Pre-Hades Kratos = Gow2 Zeus >> Poseidon?
Are we really gonna revamp the scaling and discard the author statement like this? Is there really enough evidence to say the statement has no bearing?

He should see the OP/FT discussions and the stuff I've seen and experienced being thrown as insults.

But usually it's all in good fun, Cisco.
Yea, I've seen the One Piece commentary, and it can get rough. Though sometimes it really does feel the users in those threads hate each other, especially the One Piece threads.

Are we really gonna revamp the scaling and discard the author statement like this? Is there really enough evidence to say the statement has no bearing?
What, that Thor scales to Poseidon?

It's that one statement against;

• Thor legitimately having higher feats than anything Poseidon has ever done.
  • Thor fighting on par with Ragnarok Kratos, who is at least on par with pre-Summit Zeus.
  • It being tertiary canon versus both gameplay and novel feats.

So has anybody here started the Ragnarok New Game Plus yet?
Might try starting it tomorrow. Due to the easter holidays I got tomorrow and monday off work so that leaves me with a 4 day weekend.

Apparently many of the bosses have new attacks and/or new attack patterns in NG+ so that'd be interesting to see.

Freya reliably craps on Poseidon. Thor too, what with his obscene AP and resistance to soul shit.

Ill eventually just fix it with a blog. But Poseidon and Hades should just upscale from Ares.
Thanks.

Would you also be willing to mention how Heimdall should have the same bifrost powers as Odin and Freya?

And could any Norse person besides Kratos beat Ares or Hades?

Honestly, speaking as someone who grew up on the Greek saga, the Norse game was jarring at first in terms of camera.
But this one of the biggest reasons why GoW 2018 got GOTY. Because they took a big risk and made a fundamental change. The biggest reason Ragnarok didn't get GOTY was that didn't take risks.

But this one of the biggest reasons why GoW 2018 got GOTY. Because they took a big risk and made a fundamental change. The biggest reason Ragnarok didn't get GOTY was that didn't take risks.
It also had 1 month to compete with effing Elden Ring. Let's not short that game its credit.

Tbh, I'm kinda glad the Norse saga kept a similar vibe. Made it feel more like a coherent and unified saga. Course I can perfectly understand why people would think otherwise.

I do hope they completely shake things up in any future installment.

Back