• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

We probably should note the difference somewhere, if even on a blog.

Me, Pariah and KLOL506 were discussing the scaling chain issues offsite and while we haven't agreed on everything, there should be a distinction between End of II Zeus whom Ragnarok Kratos and Thor backscale from and End of III Zeus, whom only End of III Kratos and Bloodlusted Kratos scale to.
Basically what I was trying to say.

Tbh, the mess only really begins when you get to the Brother Kings and above. That scaling currently all over the place (Thor for some reason scales to both Poseidon and Ragnarok Kratos, the latter of whom scales to pre-boost Zeus, who oneshots Poseidon).

We should fix that eventually.

Tbh, the mess only really begins when you get to the Brother Kings and above. That scaling currently all over the place (Thor for some reason scales to both Poseidon
Who, alongside Gaia who should not scale to him, needs a profile fix for his Hippocampi since they're not massively beow him.
and Ragnarok Kratos, the latter of whom scales to pre-boost Zeus, who oneshots Poseidon).
Thor doesn't scale to that level of Kratos.
We should fix that eventually.
Speaking of fix, would anyone mind if I used KLOL's proposed cleanup of Ragnarok Kratos's AP section to edit the page?

Ragnarok Kratos, the latter of whom scales to pre-boost Zeus, who oneshots Poseidon).
That's be a Serious Ragnarok Kratos for you, not base level calm Ragnarok Kratos. Whom Thor still gave an incredibly good fight but was just not skilled enough nor focused enough to really match Kratos' mettle in actual H2H combat.

That's be a Serious Ragnarok Kratos for you, not base level calm Ragnarok Kratos. Whom Thor still gave an incredibly good fight but was just not skilled enough nor focused enough to really match Kratos' mettle in actual H2H combat.
I mean maybe Thor's durability could backscale/downscale since he took a bloodlusted punch without guarding at all and was completely fine besides the lost tooth.

Seriously, dude had no other signs of being injured.

I mean maybe Thor's durability could backscale/downscale since he took a bloodlusted punch without guarding at all and was completely fine besides the lost tooth.

Seriously, dude had no other signs of being injured.
Given how a serious Kratos mollywhopped him in the final fight without going berserk, extremely unlikely. If that Kratos kept dishing more blows at Thor with the intent to gore him out like that without stopping, Thor wouldn't have lasted much longer. At best Thor gets to be on par with Serious Kratos if not straight up equal, but Bloodlusted Kratos is a straight-up no-no. As is GoW2 Post-Zenkai Zeus and GoW3 Zeus. They're off limits to all Gods until the newer pantheons come up and show something.

Given how a serious Kratos mollywhopped him in the final fight without going berserk, extremely unlikely. If that Kratos kept dishing more blows at Thor with the intent to gore him out like that without stopping, Thor wouldn't have lasted much longer. At best Thor gets to be on par with Serious Kratos if not straight up equal, but Bloodlusted Kratos is a straight-up no-no. As is GoW2 Post-Zenkai Zeus and GoW3 Zeus. They're off limits to all Gods until the newer pantheons come up and show something.
Well, also remember Kratos had three weapons to use while Thor only had one, so there's that to consider.

Well, also remember Kratos had three weapons to use while Thor only had one, so there's that to consider.
Him having those weapons doesn't mean jackshit if he doesn't have the strength or skill to utilize them properly. So no, it's not.

Also, he facetanked a full-powered blow from an enraged, going-all-out Thor with Mjolnir in hand so that argument wouldn't work regardless.

Last edited:
If that isn't enough, Kratos had a massive arsenal to wield against Zeus, yet none of it was gonna matter if Kratos didn't ram the Blade of Olympus channeled with his own power to then thrust it through Zeus, and even then he and Zeus were neck and neck, fighting over the same weapon while everything else didn't matter, so Kratos had to rely on his own combat skill and versatility to gain the edge and finally shish-kebab Zeus to end his reign once and for all.

Of course, we all know where this leads so there's no point talking about that.

Him having those weapons doesn't mean jackshit if he doesn't have the strength or skill to utilize them properly. So no, it's not.

Also, he facetanked a full-powered blow from an enraged, unrestricted Thor with Mjolnir in hand so that argument wouldn't work regardless.
Btw, would you mind me using your proposed edit to Norse Kratos's AP section to clean that up?

Low Multiverse level (Consistently clashes with and defeats Baldur, who can fight and knock out the World Serpent[111]. Upon training during Fimbulwinter, he reawakened the power he wielded when he sieged Olympus. Fought Thor and ultimately defeats the latter in their second rematch with Kratos still holding back, albeit to a considerably lesser extent than before[113])
I was wrong, it wasn't you, KLOL, it was Planck, so if Planck doesn't mind I can change the justification section.

I'd also like to ask that I be able to edit the "massively superior to Hippocampi" part of Poseidon's AP, and remove the section from Gaia's AP/LS that says she could've crushed Kratos and Zeus because that is baloney.

I was wrong, it wasn't you, KLOL, it was Planck, so if Planck doesn't mind I can change the justification section.

I'd also like to ask that I be able to edit the "massively superior to Hippocampi" part of Poseidon's AP, and remove the section from Gaia's AP/LS that says she could've crushed Kratos and Zeus because that is baloney.
@Planck69

Thanks.

I may have issues with the reference footnotes so if I end up making an error on Kratos's profile I apologize.

But yeah, Ragnarok Kratos and Thor should honestly just be even in power, but slightly inferior to pre-boost Zeus.

Which of course means the Poseidon scaling should be removed. As it stands, Thor kinda fodderizes him.
Even with the evenness Thor fodderizes him with just better versatility and better on-hand range.
Um, how does Thor fodderize Poseidon?

And didn't y'all agree they're not "slightly inferior" but instead incredibly inferior to Zeus?

Um, how does Thor fodderize Poseidon?

And didn't y'all agree they're not "slightly inferior" but instead incredibly inferior to Zeus?
- Ragnarok Kratos has recovered the power he wielded against Olympus. Which prior to any sort of amplifiers beyond his godly powers, was his level when he fought Zeus at the Summit of Sacrifice.

- That same Kratos could hold his own against Zeus at the Summit, despite being weaker to a degree.

- Pre-Summit Zeus threatened Poseidon's life by twiddling a lightning bolt and contemplated making Hades dissipate with one flick of the Blade of Olympus.

- Thor fought on even grounds with Ragnarok Kratos, and could even kill him at some points in the fight if not for Kratos' superior skill and experience.

- Ragnarok Kratos has recovered the power he wielded against Olympus. Which prior to any sort of amplifiers beyond his godly powers, was his level when he fought Zeus at the Summit of Sacrifice.

- That same Kratos could hold his own against Zeus at the Summit, despite being weaker to a degree.

- Pre-Summit Zeus threatened Poseidon's life by twiddling a lightning bolt and contemplated making Hades dissipate with one flick of the Blade of Olympus.

- Thor fought on even grounds with Ragnarok Kratos, and could even kill him at some points in the fight if not for Kratos' superior skill and experience.
Wasn't Kratos holding back against Thor?

If anything he was more serious against fricking Heimdall even before he got bloodlusted.

He was. Again, there's levels to Kratos' emotional state in Ragnarok. It's not like Kratos is the same power level throughout the game.

If anything he was more serious against fricking Heimdall even before he got bloodlusted.
He didn't anticipate Heimdall to be such a weakling when it came to taking blows to the face tho.

No, he wasn't "more serious" against Heimdall. He actively tried not to kill the little shit. Like, the fact that you canonically only take like, 4 hits from Heimdall, all of which only stagger or knock you back at most says a lot.

Kratos was trying not to kill Thor but he was very much putting his all into that fight, without being bloodlusted of course. Thor can snap your neck in a failed QTE even. There's a distinction between Norse Kratos putting in his all without being lost in rage and Bloodlusted Kratos.

He was. Again, there's levels to Kratos' emotional state in Ragnarok. It's not like Kratos is the same power level throughout the game.
Then Thor shouldn't really scale to the Norse Kratos who is slightly below GoW2 Zeus, right?
He didn't anticipate Heimdall to be such a weakling when it came to taking blows to the face tho.
Still, Heimdall could relatively block his blows and send him flying with a bifrost punch.

He only got stomped by bloodlusted Kratos.

Kratos was trying not to kill Thor but he was very much putting his all into that fight, without being bloodlusted of course. Thor can snap your neck in a failed QTE even. There's a distinction between Norse Kratos putting in his all without being lost in rage and Bloodlusted Kratos.
Kratos was still holding back a lot. And QTE's don't mean much, in GoW3 Poseidon while badly injured can oneshot Kratos in a failed QTE

Compare that to the Odin fight, where Kratos had zero reason to hold back and Odin still matched him.

Then Thor shouldn't really scale to the Norse Kratos who is slightly below GoW2 Zeus, right?
We have multiple stages of Norse Kratos depending on his emotional level. Refer to the Rage Index I previously posted to get a better idea.

Still, Heimdall could relatively block his blows and send him flying with a bifrost punch.

He only got stomped by bloodlusted Kratos.
That he did.

More so that the strength of the fires in the blades were on par with those of Surtr's.
I remember watching the video and he was like charging them up or something?

Also the Norse beings interested in the blades of chaos as seen with that dwarf dude

wouldn’t the Greeks feel the same if some dude from Norse mythology brought their Norse weapon with them?

(

Back