• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Norse Kratos lost to Reimu. In large part due to lacking hax and well, Reimu being a kid.

God of War Kratos has wincons but those are somewhat hindered by Reimu being a kid.
Still find it funny that Kratos steamroll everyone in his win streak but lost to a young teenager shrine maiden that are broke lmao (the reasoning is weird but valid tho)

Funnily enough, i feel Touhou vs GoW are still plausible, but guess it need the 2hu high to top tiers for make it fair

I was going to point out GoW Kratos also lost to Sonic, but he and Kratos no longer share a tier anymore so the match is invalid now.

Still find it funny that Kratos steamroll everyone in his win streak but lost to a young teenager shrine maiden that are broke lmao (the reasoning is weird but valid tho)

Funnily enough, i feel Touhou vs GoW are still plausible, but guess it need the 2hu high to top tiers for make it fair
I mean, as long as they aren't kids and don't look like kids, it should be fine

Would it be possible to have a minor discussion to settle how strong Poseidon's Hippocampi are relative to his own AP and to GoW3 Pre-Hades Kratos?

Because the sentiment on this site seems to be that they're not far behind him in AP and that they can hold their own against GoW3 Pre-Hades Kratos, but Poseidon's profile says he is massively superior to his Hippocampi.

I'm just asking since Thor ~= the Hippocampi.

Also, I think the AP justification section for Norse Kratos is too cluttered, since we don't need to mention this entire part about the Thor fight:

" whose strength he calls to be as heavy as any he had ever felt[18], being overwhelmed and temporarily killed initially due to holding back and being consistently mocked by Thor for doing so[112]. Thor throughout the fight constantly mocks Kratos for holding back repeatedly ".

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have a minor discussion to settle how strong Poseidon's Hippocampi are relative to his own AP and to GoW3 Pre-Hades Kratos?

Because the sentiment on this site seems to be that they're not far behind him in AP and that they can hold their own against GoW3 Pre-Hades Kratos, but Poseidon's profile says he is massively superior to his Hippocampi.

I'm just asking since Thor ~= the Hippocampi.
Massively should just go. Ultimately, they're extensions of his power for the most part.
Also, I think the AP justification section for Norse Kratos is too cluttered, since we don't need to mention this entire part about the Thor fight:

" whose strength he calls to be as heavy as any he had ever felt[18], being overwhelmed and temporarily killed initially due to holding back and being consistently mocked by Thor for doing so[112]. Thor throughout the fight constantly mocks Kratos for holding back repeatedly ".
Agreed. Just move it to the scaling note.

So are they comparable to Poseidon himself and Pre-Hades Kratos?
More or less. Poseidon's main body is superior but like, the gap isn't insane. Kratos is far above, seeing as he scales to Zeus. Using the boss fights isn't the best scaling for the most part, since unlike Hercules, Poseidon and Hades are hard capped below GoW 2 Zeus
Would it be ok to discuss how it should be snipped?
Low Multiverse level (Consistently clashes with and defeats Baldur, who can fight and knock out the World Serpent[111]. Upon training during Fimbulwinter, he reawakened the power he wielded when he sieged Olympus. Fought Thor and ultimately defeats the latter in their second rematch with Kratos still holding back, albeit to a considerably lesser extent than before[113])

I'd have it like this honestly. Short and clear.

So are they comparable to Poseidon himself and Pre-Hades Kratos?
Most likely.

Would it be ok to discuss how it should be snipped?
First, I'd make sure that we emphasize that when Thor temporarily killed Kratos, neither side was fighting at full power which would mean that a serious mistake from either side would prove fatal to the other, then we make mention of all the instances where Thor consistently mocks Kratos for holding back (And not even having his Blades of Chaos on him at the time), then in the end we finally mention Thor losing soundly to a serious Kratos in the final rematch where even Mimir warns him to stay in control of his rage. This is for the Notes section.

Most likely.
That's good, so we know that Thor is at least on the same level as the Big 4 Greek Gods, considering that the Hippocampi were hurting GoW3 Pre-Hades Kratos (and we all know how strong that dude is).
First, I'd make sure that we emphasize that when Thor temporarily killed Kratos, neither side was fighting at full power which would mean that a serious mistake from either side would prove fatal to the other, then we make mention of all the instances where Thor consistently mocks Kratos for holding back (And not even having his Blades of Chaos on him at the time), then in the end we finally mention Thor losing soundly to a serious Kratos in the final rematch where even Mimir warns him to stay in control of his rage. This is for the Notes section.
It's already in the notes section, doesn't need to be in AP.

Regarding this, wasn't it said that Jormungandr couldn't defend himself because he had Atreus and Kratos inside him? If so, this part should be removed from Baldur's AP description. Because technically Jormungandr didn't even defend himself.
Honestly, Kratos' AP should just list the fact he could fight Nidhogg, beat Garm and defeated Thor. And that he trained to reawaken the power he once wielded.

KratosW2.PNG

Damn.
He also beat Gorr the God butcher lol

Yes, at his absolute peak Ragnarok Kratos is as strong as Pre-Hope GOW3 Kratos but only in raw stats, GOW3 Kratos is massively more haxxed.
How exactly did this site decided that? Pre-Hope GOW3 Kratos matched the Zeus who one-shot his Pre-Hades self who is >= Thor.

Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos with an all-out punch didn't do any damage to Thor besides a tooth missing.

Is bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos still as strong as Pre-Hope GoW3 Kratos?
Physically speaking, yeah, because the devs never bothered to explain beyond "reawaken his dormant powers". Magically tho, he's way, way weaker.

Unfortunately, if you were to pit them against each other, GoW3 Kratos would just eclipse that with his superior AD and RE eventually.

From what I understand there's different levels of how serious and angry Ragnarok Kratos gets, it's only when he's absolutely angry that he reaches GOW3 Kratos level, which he did against Heimdall, which was overkill.

You gotta ask KLOL or Planck about it, they can explain it better than I could.

From what I understand there's different levels of how serious and angry Ragnarok Kratos gets, it's only when he's absolutely angry that he reaches GOW3 Kratos level, which he did against Heimdall, which was overkill.

You gotta ask KLOL or Planck about it, they can explain it better than I could.
Correct. There's 6 stages of Kratos RN that we adhere to based on the stuff the devs have given us based on him holding back and him reawakening his dormant powers which they left it at.

1. Calm, held-back state, below normal RPM range

2. Calm, but Spartan Rage, agressive revving

3. Calm but less held back, just under hitting the redline limiter (Thor rematch)

4. Unrestrained base, optimum peak performance, hitting the redline limiter (Heimdall death)

5. Unrestrained Spartan Rage, going into Redline (Thanatos and First Fight Thor ending)

6. Seeing Red, consumed by Vengeance, Redline exceeded and Engine Failure (GOW2 ending and most of GOW3)

The more he trains tho, the less he has to rely on his rage to tap back into his old dormant powers, which is why he didn't have to rage out against Thor in the final rematch and was able to easily manhandle Thor and show him who the real Destroyer is, which is where Stage 3 comes in. Still tho, Stage 6 is the one side nobody would ever scale to aside from Zeus.

How exactly did this site decided that? Pre-Hope GOW3 Kratos matched the Zeus who one-shot his Pre-Hades self who is >= Thor.
GoW3 BoG Kratos is straight up superior to Thor given how he manhandled Poseidon and Hades, and straight up held his own against GoW2 Zeus, to whom literally no one scales to.

Bloodlusted Ragnarok Kratos with an all-out punch didn't do any damage to Thor besides a tooth missing.
It caused Thor to be thoroughly impressed, and made him instantly realize just who he was dealing with and then he ***** off to wherever. If the fight kept prolonging itself and Kratos truly lost himself, Thor wouldn't have gotten out of it alive. And of course, we already know what happens in the rematch when Kratos is more serious and focused but still holding back, he doesn't need all of his Rage to get the job done.

Regarding this, wasn't it said that Jormungandr couldn't defend himself because he had Atreus and Kratos inside him? If so, this part should be removed from Baldur's AP description. Because technically Jormungandr didn't even defend himself.
Good point, but the fact that he's capable of dropping him in 3 hits definitely is noteworthy, defending himself or not.

It's still a noteworthy feat that Baldur downscales from, regardless of whether Jormie was defending himself or not.

I mean, even someone weaker than you is capable of knocking you out if you don't defend yourself.

It caused Thor to be thoroughly impressed, and made him instantly realize just who he was dealing with and then he ***** off to wherever. If the fight kept prolonging itself and Kratos truly lost himself, Thor wouldn't have gotten out of it alive. And of course, we already know what happens in the rematch when Kratos is more serious and focused but still holding back, he doesn't need all of his Rage to get the job done.
That's still a good durability feat for Thor IMO for downscaling since all he suffered from an all-out punch was a lost tooth.

Especially since it fits with Thor being equal to the Hippocampi who could give GoW3 BoG Kratos some trouble.

That's still a good durability feat for Thor IMO for downscaling since all he suffered from an all-out punch was a lost tooth.

Especially since it fits with Thor being equal to the Hippocampi who could give GoW3 BoG Kratos some trouble.
Hippocamps suffered harder Ls against Kratos than Thor did in his last match.

Hippocamps suffered harder Ls against Kratos than Thor did in his last match.
I mean they still kinda made him struggle.

Besides, downscaling from GoW3 Kratos is like their only 9 universe scaling outside of Thor himself, since the Titans are definitely not 9-universe level.

I mean they still kinda made him struggle.
Not really? Kratos was chopping them down to size pretty quickly, only reason he took so long was because Gaia was getting Swiss-cheese'd by them.

Besides, downscaling from GoW3 Kratos is like their only 9 universe scaling outside of Thor himself, since the Titans are definitely not 9-universe level.
Titans are fodder, nobody cares about them.

Not really? Kratos was chopping them down to size pretty quickly, only reason he took so long was because Gaia was getting Swiss-cheese'd by them.

Titans are fodder, nobody cares about them.
Well I just don't think them being extensions of Poseidon is enough to scale them to Poseidon himself.

And Gaia (whose profile really needs some changes in justification) doesn't scale to any 9-universe level people.

Unless we wanna scale her above that one titan whose power IIRC concerned Poseidon in the novels.

Back