• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Kratos got His Acausalities back after he killed the Sisters of Fate.

Only reason his Demigod/Ascension key lacks it is because the Acausality is reserved for the Tier 2 keys only.
I am talking about the reason why ascension kratos scales to gow 2018 kratos Resistances "His Norse self, who is basically his Demigod self but with the strength of his God of War self, was able to easily withstand a long period inside the Light of Alfheim"

I am talking about the reason why ascension kratos scales to gow 2018 kratos Resistances "His Norse self, who is basically his Demigod self but with the strength of his God of War self, was able to easily withstand a long period inside the Light of Alfheim"
Because there is no reason to assume his soul suddenly changed its nature, it's remained the same as far as the games are concerned. Never mind the fact that the Light of Alfheim is fodder compared to Hades' soul hax and deconstruction.

Because there is no reason to assume his soul suddenly changed its nature, it's remained the same as far as the games are concerned. Never mind the fact that the Light of Alfheim is fodder compared to Hades' soul hax and deconstruction.
Ohhh that's what the Profile meant, kratos soul
Well in my defense the wording kinda misleadinf cuz it sounds like it Talks about in general

This guy is STILL trying to remove every scan from the Temple of Helios page because I removed two.

Man, I hate copers.
Like I told you, don't even bother. We don't need to go to every other fandom to tell them what is and isn't true and then force it down people's throats.

alright boys, I'm doing an Ascension Kratos vs MCU Thor debate...and the argument is that Kratos has terrible piercing because Hercules was pierced by some random spikes...

does anyone have the scan that says temple of pandora is made from metals that are >>> Blades of chaos?

does anyone have a hydra breaking its teeth trying to bite into demigod Kratos's arm?

alright boys, I'm doing an Ascension Kratos vs MCU Thor debate...and the argument is that Kratos has terrible piercing because Hercules was pierced by some random spikes...

does anyone have the scan that says temple of pandora is made from metals that are >>> Blades of chaos?
GOW1 Novel Chapters 17-19

does anyone have a hydra breaking its teeth trying to bite into demigod Kratos's arm?
GOW1 Novel Chapter 3

The Hydra’s jaws clamped down, teeth like swords chopping into Kratos’s forearms. A different hero would have had both hands severed, but the chains fused to his bones could not be broken save by the God of War himself. Clenching its jaw tighter only chipped the monster’s teeth—but the Hydra showed no signs of letting go.

As he struggled, Kratos realized this monster might send him into Lord Hades’s embrace. Straining, he tried to pull his arms free of the Hydra’s crushing jaws, then stopped and looked frantically below into the maelstrom of the sea. Sharks snapped at one another—and at Kratos’s feet. The sharp pain of his greaves being bitten through by a huge shark forced him to fight on two fronts.

Deciding which was the more immediate threat caused a knot to form in his belly. Death beckoned from blood-crazed sharks and the Hydra.

Unable to free his arms, he lifted his legs away from the voracious sharks and tried to find leverage. Pain radiated the length of his arms, from where the Hydra’s jaws clamped down with bone-cracking force all the way up to his shoulders. Grunting with effort, he yanked—and only drove the Hydra’s teeth deeper into his forearms.

When the Hydra began to toss its head around, shaking Kratos like a rat caught in a hunting dog’s jaws, Kratos saw his opportunity. A kick from Kratos could rock a warship away from its dock. He doubled up, bringing his knees under his pinioned arms. When his greaves and sandals began to tear at the Hydra’s face, the creature could only growl in pain and rage.

Kratos kicked harder, faster. Desperation drove him now. His arms turned cold, numb, bloodless. Both feet worked as if he were pummeling the beast with his fists. A chance kick caught the Hydra’s eye, causing the creature’s growl to become a roar of pain that released Kratos’s arms and sent him flipping upward, high into the air. As Kratos reached the top of his arc, the Hydra strained toward him, opening wide its maw to catch him like a casually tossed sweetmeat.

In a single instant, Kratos both feared and exulted.

As he fell, he returned the Blades of Chaos in one smooth motion to rest upon his back. He coiled himself into a tight ball and allowed the creature’s mouth to slam shut around him—but before it could swallow, he planted his feet against the Hydra’s lower jaw, braced his back against the slimy ridges of the vast hard palate above, and shoved.

The creature’s jaw began to open. Kratos strained like Hercules lifting the sky from the shoulders of Atlas. The Hydra strove with all its monstrous power to bite down again, but when the Ghost of Sparta stood braced, no power on earth could crush him.

Something funny about the whole Hydra excerpt is this:

Kratos thinks he'll end up dead at the hands of the Hydra

Hydra only ends up cracking its teeth on his chains

Kratos is stated to be strong enough to kick a warship away from docks

When Kratos braces himself against anything, no force in earth is powerful enough to crush him.

It's baffling to see how on Earth people can remotely call Kratos as being Wall level when shit like this happens. Say what you will about Cosmic Tier Kratos, but this alone proves that the ones making the anti-feat albums aren't doing it out of well-placed intentions, but just out of sheer spite without giving a care for the basic fundamental principles of said feats.

One bite from garm and hade Death
And cant say for sure if Hades can do anything besides Petrification and transmutation

I guess since greek is quite older than norse am going to think that is reason why they are so weak compared to the greek gods.

I guess since greek is quite older than norse am going to think that is reason why they are so weak compared to the greek gods.
Quite the contrary, on average, the Norse Gods have their fair share of their hax against the Greeks (Helios, Hermes, Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Persephone, those lower rung Olympians really don't have the skillset that most of the Asgardians and Vanir do) and they have a scaling chain advantage, it's really the weaponry and the Top 4 Olympians (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Ares) that just steamroll through most of Norse.

Freya would most definitely steamroll through most of the Pantheon, as would Heimdall, Thor and Odin for the most part, save for Ares and the Brother Kings.

Last edited:
Ares, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus are by far the strongest gods in the entire series save for Kratos. The sheer amount of hax and battle experience they have easily put even the best of the Norse Gods to utter shame, not to mention their massivel slew of hax is also compensated for by a massive slew of resistances and a big-ass scaling chain of both them and their weaponry which stand far above anything the Norse Pantheon can muster.

Hades has a lot more going for him than just that. BFR, Deconstruction, Siren Summon, being able to instill souls into Garm to then kill him for good, power null him, etc.
Garm can come back from bfr but didn't thought about putting a soul in him tbh

This is random, but it's a bad excuse to remove platonic concepts just because of "lack of context"
at least they could make a better explanation,that just ''lack of context''what context?the context of a platonic concept,is that is a platonic concept,no more,no less,is just that,platonic

"Olympians can easily see through illusions and hidden pathways, as well as translate the murals within the chamber containing Pandora's Box" i assume the perception manip is Something related with def saying illusion Creation is related to that or Something else

"Olympians can easily see through illusions and hidden pathways, as well as translate the murals within the chamber containing Pandora's Box" i assume the perception manip is Something related with def saying illusion Creation is related to that or Something else
ye

I find it ******* irritating at the fact of just how many times downplayers use these two statements to try and claim that the Underworld has an edge, when in reality, they are both only referring to the upper portion of the Underworld which happens to be called Hades (Funnily enough, it's stated to be divided into two sections, Elysium and Asphodel, with Hades' Palace being somewhere in the middle most likely), where there is a waterfall that leads directly below to Tartarus, the infinite plains. Hell, even the Artbook of GoW2 confirms this to be the case, where the plains of the Underworld lie further below Hades itself.

Back