• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

But how was it determined that "among the heaviest blows I've ever felt" was only for Pre-Hades people?
"As heavy as any I've ever felt" isn't "among the heaviest blows". He's in that ballpark but not at the top.
How would peak 100% angry Norse Kratos be equal to the same Kratos that matched Zeus in AP?
The same reason how he's still a demigod, albeit immortal and as powerful as a Brother King. His base state likely just surpassed his prior self.

But how was it determined that "among the heaviest blows I've ever felt" was only for Pre-Hades people?
The journal entry specifically says "As heavy as any I have felt", not "the heaviest". "Heaviest" is never mentioned even once. Like Planck said, Thor's in that ballpark, but not at the top.

Of course it wouldn't scale to Fear Zeus, but why specifically before his Hades amp?
He fought against Hades in a similarly depowered state just as he had regained the BoO, which at this point was completely drained and would not light up without either Kratos or Zeus using it.

But didn't Kratos lose his Hades amp?
He did, but for some reason he still retains his god-killing strength. How or why, we don't know. All that is known is that he has it lying dormant in him, waiting to come out with a vengeance, something he has to constantly hold back and restrain with all his mental might.

How would peak 100% angry Norse Kratos be equal to the same Kratos that matched Zeus in AP?
Like Planck said, same reason he's still a demigod for all intents and purposes, albeit a top-tier Demigod with immortality added into the mix.

The journal entry specifically says "As heavy as any I have felt", not "the heaviest". "Heaviest" is never mentioned even once. Like Planck said, Thor's in that ballpark, but not at the top.
I know, I just didn't remember the exact quote so I paraphrased.
He fought against Hades in a similarly depowered state just as he had regained the BoO, which at this point was completely drained and would not light up without either Kratos or Zeus using it.
Makes sense
He did, but for some reason he still retains his god-killing strength. How or why, we don't know. All that is known is that he has it lying dormant in him, waiting to come out with a vengeance, something he has to constantly hold back and restrain with all his mental might.
Ok.
Like Planck said, same reason he's still a demigod for all intents and purposes, albeit a top-tier Demigod with immortality added into the mix.
Ok, thanks for explaining.

You know, it would've been a cool story-line if Kratos ALSO ascended to a higher dimensional existence due to sacrificing himself (releasing Hope to the world)

You know, it would've been a cool story-line if Kratos ALSO ascended to a higher dimensional existence due to sacrificing himself (releasing Hope to the world)
He honestly might've but his immortality barred him. Likely Athena not wanting to deal with an ascended Kratos. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd have ascended if he died during Ragnarok.

That one is actually pretty vague, it could just be Odin's magic in play alongside Mjolnir.
Occam's Razor. Odin travels between the 9 realms via his Ravens (which require consent, as stated by Mimir). He also usually casts spells verbally. However, he didn't do anything like that when hurling the Mjolnir at Thrud.

Occam's Razor. Odin travels between the 9 realms via his Ravens (which require consent, as stated by Mimir). He also usually casts spells verbally. However, he didn't do anything like that when hurling the Mjolnir at Thrud.
Ultimately, we have no idea what happened to her afterwards. She could've actually been sent to Midgard (though Mjolnir landing in Alfheim puts a wrench in that). Or she could've just been sent far away and rescued by the Valkyries or Fenrir.

We're not sure of anything beyond Odin's one sentence so we're not basing anything off of that.

Like Dienomite said, there's also Fenrir to consider here.

Nah, Odin says "I saved her". That implies he saved her, not Fenrir.
He could be saying "he saved her" as in getting her out of the battlefield to garner sympathy and still play the good guy. But we really don't know what happened to her besides that she was separated from Mjolnir so it's too much to assume that that was supposed to represent BFR.

Yeah, what I hate the most is that literal fodder soldiers/soldier enemies can do shit like burst through walls, and people will still say that GoW 4 Kratos can get hurt by bricks unironically.

Yeah, what I hate the most is that literal fodder soldiers/soldier enemies can do shit like burst through walls, and people will still say that GoW 4 Kratos can get hurt by bricks unironically.
Or frying pans.

I have recently heard that apparently the older a god get the stronger they become.

Do anyone know if that's legit and/or where it come from?

So the statement only apply to the Olympians? The Titans, Norse Gods or any other Pantheon are excluded?
Only the Olympians showcase this in a blatant manner. The Titans also get stronger from prayer. The Aesir and Vanir don't seem dependent on prayer and their gods just seem to be the most physically and magically powerful members of their civilization (like Gna, Freyr, Freya, Njord etc. for Vanir and Heimdall, Odin, Thor etc. for Aesir).

"Reactive
Evolution: Asura possesses an
ability to adapt to his opponents
that allows him to surpass stronger
opponents, no matter how powerful
they are and regardless of their
Higher—Dimensionality.
Who do you think created every
concept and has complete mastery
over them in asuras wrath?
Also read this please.

FULL NAME
Chakravartin
ALIAS
The Golden Spider
Omnipotent
The Creator
God of the Universe
Krishna
YHWH
Allah
God

ORIGIN
Asura's Wrath
OCCUPATION
Omnipotent ruler of Naraka
POWERS / SKILLS
Vast divine powers
Nigh—omnipotence
Nigh—omniscience
Nigh—omnipresence
Omnificence
Immortality
Shapeshifting
Teleportation
Generating Mantra
High intelligence

Mastery of manipulation
Can you name 1 nigh omnipotent
being in God of war?"

The wank for Asura's Wrath is real. Also he just copied this from Villains wiki.

"Reactive
Evolution: Asura possesses an
ability to adapt to his opponents
that allows him to surpass stronger
opponents, no matter how powerful
they are and regardless of their
Higher—Dimensionality.
Who do you think created every
concept and has complete mastery
over them in asuras wrath?
Also read this please.

FULL NAME
Chakravartin
ALIAS
The Golden Spider
Omnipotent
The Creator
God of the Universe
Krishna
YHWH
Allah
God

ORIGIN
Asura's Wrath
OCCUPATION
Omnipotent ruler of Naraka
POWERS / SKILLS
Vast divine powers
Nigh—omnipotence
Nigh—omniscience
Nigh—omnipresence
Omnificence
Immortality
Shapeshifting
Teleportation
Generating Mantra
High intelligence

Mastery of manipulation
Can you name 1 nigh omnipotent
being in God of war?"

The wank for Asura's Wrath is real. Also he just copied this from Villains wiki.
Antagonist's Wiki has Death listed under omnipotence in power.

I totally didn't edit that in like a month ago as a joke.

Antagonist's Wiki has Death listed under omnipotence in power.

I totally didn't edit that in like a month ago as a joke.
Based.

Btw i am very certain the guy that wrote that comment is a member on this wiki (i will not say who). I noticed that the two accounts have the same style of writting. When i called him out for it he deleted his comments.

We had a long ass debate once. I think he is a troll. But you can never know considering how crazy the debating community is. He was arguing how Kratos is apparently Large Planet Level beacuse each realm is a planet.

prepare-for-fireworks-when-it-happens-v0-d49xogxpe0ja1.jpg

DB themselves still probably think Kratos is weak fodder.
Heard they acknowledge Uranus scaling so maybe it'll be better.

Funny that they talk about "hasn't played Asura's Wrath" when Ascension's first 30 seconds shit on the entire verse's AP.

Back