• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I'd suggest changing the "static" to "vignette" for your image links for maximum clarity.

But it effectively proves that the myth stories in the GOW3 guidebook are canon to a degree after all.
Thanks for the tip.

What myths excatly are you refering to?

Last edited:
Nah, completely different gauntlets that just so happen to share the same name. Even the Spear of Destiny and Blade of Artemis which have radically different appearances (Artemis Blade being the closest-looking), somehow share the same backstory as in the previous games (Spear of Destiny belonging to the Dark Rider and the Blade belonging to Artemis).
They are identical to the one in chains of Olympus, albeit I agree they ain't the exact same one.

Makes me wonder about the nemean cestus.

CT.jpg

Dunno if this means a lot but apparently Cyclopses helped build Mt. Olympus.
Yeah this has been known for a while.

1. Without Soul Hax, who wins between Thor and Poseidon?

1.5. Could Odin beat Ares?

2. Should Greek Cyclops scale to GoW3 Kratos for breaking those shields around Helios that Kratos couldn't break?

It'd be pretty even honestly.
Maybe? The 5-9 universe difference is gonna be adjusted soonish so the power gap won't be as obscene. If Odin gets succed into that dimension, he's kinda done for.
2. Should Greek Cyclops scale to GoW3 Kratos for breaking those shields around Helios that Kratos couldn't break?
LMFAO, no.

Most likely Thor.

Depends on whether Ares busts out his pocket dimension hax or not. Though he most likely will.

Game mechanics. Not even a ******* factor, nor up for discussion.

How come?
For starters, there's the journal statement that remains the only official source for powerscaling back to Greece.

The other is WoG from Bruno himself stating that Thor could hold his own against Poseidon's Hippocamps.

Though given that Blades of Chaos exist and is superior to Mjolnir, and Poseidon has weaponry that are impervious to the Blades of Chaos (Like his trident), might be a hard one. Though Thor's relentlessness should do the trick.

For starters, there's the journal statement that remains the only official source for powerscaling back to Greece.

The other is WoG from Bruno himself stating that Thor could hold his own against Poseidon's Hippocamps.

Though given that Blades of Chaos exist and is superior to Mjolnir, and Poseidon has weaponry that are impervious to the Blades of Chaos (Like his trident), might be a hard one. Though Thor's relentlessness should do the trick.
I was just thinking that AP isn't enough to beat someone who can dominate the battlefield with that mega-titan form of his, not to mention his versatility.

But yeah, Thor can probably get him out of his mega body.

I was just thinking that AP isn't enough to beat someone who can dominate the battlefield with that mega-titan form of his, not to mention his versatility.

But yeah, Thor can probably get him out of his mega body.
Given that he scales above both BoC and Blade of Artemis tho (Even having fire stronger than the BoC), with BoC scaling above both Mjolnir and Leviathan individually, I'd find it very hard-pressed to find any advantage for Thor. Ares would have both the AP and versatility to match, which makes for a dangerous combination.

Still, Kratos murked him with nothing but a big-ass Blade, threatened to murk his own younger and more powerful, skilled and bloodlusted clones by the thousands and then some.

Given that he scales above both BoC and Blade of Artemis tho (Even having fire stronger than the BoC), with BoC scaling above both Mjolnir and Leviathan individually, I'd find it very hard-pressed to find any advantage for Thor. Ares would have both the AP and versatility to match, which makes for a dangerous combination.
I was talking about Poseidon vs Thor.
Still, Kratos murked him with nothing but a big-ass Blade, threatened to murk his own younger and more powerful, skilled and bloodlusted clones by the thousands and then some.
Clones?

Also, Gaia's justification of being capable of crushing Zeus and Kratos is very questionable.

At no point did she seem like a threat to either of them.

Poseidon manhandled her, the **** was she gonna do to Zeus?

I was talking about Poseidon vs Thor.
Ah.

Yeah, Ares summoned clones of Kratos in that dimension, clones younger, stronger, faster, more skilled and bloodlusted than him. Kratos smashed them like glass and threatened Ares to send a thousand more and it still would mean nothing because he wouldn't let any of them touch his family.

Also, Gaia's justification of being capable of crushing Zeus and Kratos is very questionable.

At no point did she seem like a threat to either of them.

Poseidon manhandled her, the **** was she gonna do to Zeus?
I agree, I also find it quite questionable TBF. At best she'd be comparable to the rest of her Primordial companions and her Titan brothers and sisters.

The Ares thing was for Odin.

And Odin is clearly above the Serious Kratos who beat Serious Thor. He physically matched/overpowered Kratos at least twice, and needed to be beaten by Serious Ragnarok Kratos, Freya (who is equal to Kratos) and Atreus.

Yeah, Ares summoned clones of Kratos in that dimension, clones younger, stronger, faster, more skilled and bloodlusted than him. Kratos smashed them like glass and threatened Ares to send a thousand more and it still would mean nothing because he wouldn't let any of them touch his family.
Ah, remember that.
I agree, I also find it quite questionable TBF. At best she'd be comparable to the rest of her Primordial companions and her Titan brothers and sisters.
Even her punching Poseidon is questionable since Kratos exhausted him beforehand and Kratos was the one actually knocking his body out of his mega-titan.

We should remove that stuff and put in what you said.

At best she's comparable to Cronus.

Last edited:
The Ares thing was for Odin.

And Odin is clearly above the Serious Kratos who beat Serious Thor. He physically matched/overpowered Kratos at least twice, and needed to be beaten by Serious Ragnarok Kratos, Freya (who is equal to Kratos) and Atreus.
Odin needed his magic clutch to beat Kratos, physically speaking he's weaker than Serious Kratos, but when magic comes into play he's stronger. That's why when Freya came into play, Odin was simply put, outgunned and outnumbered, Atreus was basically a non-factor in this fight.

Even her punching Poseidon is questionable since Kratos exhausted him beforehand and Kratos was the one actually knocking his body out of his mega-titan.
Zeus can't be exhausted like that, period. Every time you so much as touch him he gains a massive earth-shattering AP boost that leaves everyone in the dust. When he is exhausted, you only have like, seconds to react before he swells up and you can longer even compare to him. If anything Gaia shouldn't be able to scale to Zeus at all, she was already one-shotted by Zeus in the beginning.

At best she's comparable to Cronus.
She's definitely above Oceanus for sure, and even depowered Oceanus with prayers and the power of the Oceans "troubled" Poseidon, something Zeus mocked him for.

Odin needed his magic clutch to beat Kratos, physically speaking he's weaker than Serious Kratos, but when magic comes into play he's stronger. That's why when Freya came into play, Odin was simply put, outgunned and outnumbered, Atreus was basically a non-factor in this fight.
Odin physically pushed back and/or overpowered Kratos at least twice during their entire fight.

Even with Freya, they still struggled greatly.

Also, do you think Spartan Rage Kratos could possibly equal the Kratos that knocked out Thor's tooth?
Zeus can't be exhausted like that, period.
I was talking about Poseidon.
Every time you so much as touch him he gains a massive earth-shattering AP boost that leaves everyone in the dust. When he is exhausted, you only have like, seconds to react before he swells up and you can longer even compare to him. If anything Gaia shouldn't be able to scale to Zeus at all, she was already one-shotted by Zeus in the beginning.
Yep
She's definitely above Oceanus for sure, and even depowered Oceanus with prayers and the power of the Oceans "troubled" Poseidon, something Zeus mocked him for.
Uh, I never heard of this.

Scans?

Odin physically pushed back and/or overpowered Kratos at least twice during their entire fight.
Only to get overpowered by Kratos even more so.

Even with Freya, they still struggled greatly.
Because Odin pulled out a cheatbook.

Also, do you think Spartan Rage Kratos could possibly equal the Kratos that knocked out Thor's tooth?
No. That Rage was merely deemed by Thor as the fight only getting slightly interesting.

I was talking about Poseidon.
My apologies then.

Uh, I never heard of this.

Scans?
Scans? I'll give you the whole dialogue. GOW2 Novel Chapter 26.

Zeus: What do you want, brother? punches the ceiling above his head and grows.

Poseidon: I have come to protest an invasion of my realm, brother. Return to a more civil size.

Zeus: shrinks back and grits teeth because of Kratos being still alive Do I have your permission to sit on my own throne, brother? Or have you come to depose me?

Poseidon: I have my own realm beneath the sea, Zeus. strides up and rudely pushes Athena away

Zeus: Why not return to it? I need some peace to properly rule.

Poseidon: Peace. snorts and spits The mortal philosopher Plato said it too well. ‘Only the dead have seen the end of war.’ I find an invader challenging my rule of the sea.

Zeus: Kratos? Hah! He has become a will-o’-the-wisp with everyone seeing him still on Olympus.

Poseidon: Not Kratos, Oceanus. The Titans become bolder. He thinks to regain transcendence over my realm.

Zeus: You are unable to fight him? A Titan who has been stripped of power and discredited for so long? You are no brother of mine if you cannot chase him away, back to the dark realms of Tartarus. Oceanus, he was the least of the Titans. Unlike Cronos.

Poseidon: I have your permission to do as I see fit?

Athena tries to warn Zeus to not give Poseidon too much power. It fails.

Zeus: Defend yourself as you see fit. You don’t need my good wishes for that, brother.

Poseidon smiles at the approval and leaves.

Physically? I don't recall any moments like that.
What cheatbook?
No. That Rage was merely deemed by Thor as the fight only getting slightly interesting.
Yeah I checked and that question had already been answered, my bad.
My apologies then.
You're good.

Poseidon: I have come to protest an invasion of my realm, brother. Return to a more civil size.

Zeus: shrinks back and grits teeth because of Kratos being still alive Do I have your permission to sit on my own throne, brother? Or have you come to depose me?

Poseidon: I have my own realm beneath the sea, Zeus. strides up and rudely pushes Athena away

Poseidon: Peace. snorts and spits The mortal philosopher Plato said it too well. ‘Only the dead have seen the end of war.’ I find an invader challenging my rule of the sea.

Zeus: Kratos? Hah! He has become a will-o’-the-wisp with everyone seeing him still on Olympus.

Poseidon: Not Kratos, Oceanus. The Titans become bolder. He thinks to regain transcendence over my realm.

Zeus: You are unable to fight him? A Titan who has been stripped of power and discredited for so long? You are no brother of mine if you cannot chase him away, back to the dark realms of Tartarus. Oceanus, he was the least of the Titans. Unlike Cronos.

Zeus: Defend yourself as you see fit. You don’t need my good wishes for that, brother.

This doesn't really say much other than Poseidon viewed him as enough of a threat to go full-power.

He probably stomped him at full-power afterwards.

Even otherwise, it'd be an outlier since Poseidon wiped out like 2/3 of the Titans in GoW3.

Physically? I don't recall any moments like that.
Hurling Odin to the sideline after brushing off a Gungnir Stab that minutes prior one-shotted Thor, bear-hugging Odin forcing him to use Bifrost on his face, beating the living crap out of Odin in the QTE.

What cheatbook?
The book he pulls out when Kratos and Freya come after him and he's coated in an elemental armor.

This doesn't really say much other than Poseidon viewed him as enough of a threat to go full-power.

He probably stomped him at full-power afterwards.
It wasn't a stomp. Poseidon stated he needed the power of all other water bodies like rivers and lakes, and that Oceanus was not easily vanquished simply because the Titan had three thousand brand-new offsrping,. Poseidon was still surprised that Zeus allowed him to handle it this time around instead of letting others do it.

Prolly wouldn't matter in the end because he bested them regardless.

Even otherwise, it'd be an outlier since Poseidon wiped out like 2/3 of the Titans in GoW3.
Well, yes, given that this takes place 6 days after Kratos' death, and the one-shotting happens immediately after that point, 6 days before the main events of GoW2. It is indeed quite an odd thing.

My apologies then.

so greek gods aware plato huh ?

Back