• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It really isn't even just that. It's "thOr ExSITeD B4 McU" there's nothing wrong with liking or disliking the design. As long as you ain't a dick about it.

But it's funny, really. If they made him swole like Kratos nobody would be saying it's "it's inaccurate!"

Yeah .
He's also in the upcoming borderlands movie so that as well jacked him up
Ooh dam who's he playing?
Yeah, I read that somewhere a few years back. I seen it on a GOW Theory vid as well, before it was out.
Kaptain Kuba?
Very ******* irritating. even beyond christians scholars (who already twisted Norse mythology) we know almost nothing about Norse mythology in the first place. The Vikings didn't really like recording their history.
Like pretty much everything we know is mostly based on Christian Scholars talking about what they may or may not know about Norse Myth
Absolutely. Their is 0 art that depicts Thor as Overweight. Only thing said is that he has a great appetite (strong men in real life eat all the time)
I think they're going for the Strongman vibe but the chest feels less muscular then say Eddie Hall
Bruh, I genuinely thought me and him were having playful interaction. I honestly really dislike social media.
It's not fun
I know right? By this logic you might as well call out the entire series.

-There is no Kratos (there is a guy named cratos, but he just has the same name)

-There is no blade of Olympus

-Castor and Pollox weren't conjoined.

I could honestly go on and on. And that's just the Greek side
Don't forget
  • There is no Pillar that Holds the World
  • Atlas holds the heavens rather then the Earth (and maybe the universe but let's not get into that)
  • Spear of Destiny doesn't exist
  • Primordials aren't mostly dead
  • Erinys doesn't exist (it's actually the name of the Furies collectively)
  • Ares isn't one of the mightiest Gods of Olympus
  • Hades is certainly not as cruel as he's portrayed
  • Persephone isn't an omnicidal maniac
Yes. It's crazy. Maybe there's still depictions of Thor, yet to discovered, I bet a million bucks he won't be fat.
Again even then that comes under cultural ideas of what strength or desirable traits look like which could influence the depiction
Maybe, but to be fair we knew we'd be fighting him, and they left us for almost a year.
Yeah I know; just felt it'd be fun to not reveal it until the game so we get surprised
But this fat Thor stuff is reminiscent of the "he actually had red hair" stuff.

You know he was once described as having hair "as fair as gold" and there's a few pieces of art that depicts him with lightly colored hair.
But this is much better than the fat Thor debate, because both have evidence behind them at least. He's also described as having red hair numerous times.
I feel this comes down to either cultural matters or personal memory. It's entirely possible a Skald says he's got red hair one day but the next says he had beautiful blonde hair
I bet these people didn't even know what Norse mythology was until this game came out, and all of sudden they're experts on it.
What do you mean GOW didn't invent Norse Myth?
Even funnier, Baldur Is not a murderous maniac in Norse mythology, typically. Nobody complains about that lol
In fairness I feel it's possible he was a decent man before the curse (There's never any confirmation though)
Man. I hate being a Sony fan sometimes.
They can be frustrating like any large fandom
It really isn't even just that. It's "thOr ExSITeD B4 McU" there's nothing wrong with liking or disliking the design. As long as you ain't a dick about it.
It's annoying too because no one ever cites their claims
But it's funny, really. If they made him swole like Kratos nobody would be saying it's "it's inaccurate!"
Yeah exactly

Ooh dam who's he playing?
Oh no he's not, my bad. I was thinking of the guy who was Ivan Drago's son on creed II. I follow both and to me they kinda look alike, but he's playing Krieg.
Kaptain Kuba
Jon Ford
Don't forget
  • There is no Pillar that Holds the World
  • Atlas holds the heavens rather then the Earth (and maybe the universe but let's not get into that)
  • Spear of Destiny doesn't exist
  • Primordials aren't mostly dead
  • Erinys doesn't exist (it's actually the name of the Furies collectively)
  • Ares isn't one of the mightiest Gods of Olympus
  • Hades is certainly not as cruel as he's portrayed
  • Persephone isn't an omnicidal maniac
Yeah, I'm aware of All of that. God of War changed a fuckton of things. But it's the one about hades that always kinda bugged me. You can actually argue that he's the nicest of all the gods.
Again even then that comes under cultural ideas of what strength or desirable traits look like which could influence the depiction
Yes, this is interesting. For example, obesity was a sign of wealth in ancient Greece, and women preferred smaller men (if you catch my meaning) because they felt bigger men were barbaric. Even when It comes to weapons. The Spartans felt bows were weapons for cowards, yet Kratos uses them all the time.

I feel this comes down to either cultural matters or personal memory. It's entirely possible a Skald says he's got red hair one day but the next says he had beautiful blonde hair
Facts, man. This is why mythological accuracy is non sense, sometimes.
What do you mean GOW didn't invent Norse
Lol no I'm saying they probably had no idea what Norse mythology was until GOW dropped. The only gods most people know are Thor, Odin, and Loki. And even then, Most people don't know they were mythological figures.
In fairness I feel it's possible he was a decent man before the curse (There's never any confirmation though)
I always thought this was the case. But seeing how everyone is a dick in the Aesir except Tyr, I doubt it
They can be frustrating like any large fandom
Tell me about it. (Dragon ball ahem)
It's annoying too because no one ever cites their claims
I know right? Just ******* saying anything. it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Oh no he's not, my bad. I was thinking of the guy who was Ivan Drago's son on creed II. I follow both and to me they kinda look alike, but he's playing Krieg.

Jon Ford
Is he good? I think I saw his Zeus power video and that was it
Yeah, I'm aware of All of that. God of War changed a fuckton of things. But it's the one about hades that always kinda bugged me. You can actually argue that he's the nicest of all the gods.
Oh I know; just building on your point
Yes, this is interesting. For example, obesity was a sign of wealth in ancient Greece, and women preferred smaller men (if you catch my meaning) because they felt bigger men were barbaric. Even when It comes to weapons. The Spartans felt bows were weapons for cowards, yet Kratos uses them all the time.
That bow thing could be just that Kratos doesn't hold traditional values in high esteem but that's just my reading
Facts, man. This is why mythological accuracy is non sense, sometimes.
It really is; it's holding a canonical standard to these tales when that just doesn't exist by any stretch
Lol no I'm saying they probably had no idea what Norse mythology was until GOW dropped. The only gods most people know are Thor, Odin, and Loki. And even then, Most people don't know they were mythological figures.
Yeah I know; it's crazy how little most know about the myths and how a lot just comes down to weird "group think"
I always thought this was the case. But seeing how everyone is a dick in the Aesir except Tyr, I doubt it
I think Ullr (Thor's stepson) is mentioned as decent so I can certainly see it. I'd definitely love to see what Forseti Baldursson (God of Justice and Law) or Vali (God of Vengeance) were like in this telling of mythology.
Tell me about it. (Dragon ball ahem)
Don't forget Invincible or DC
I know right? Just ******* saying anything. it's ridiculous.
It's an interesting case study in facts. Like are things true when a majority just starts to believe that's the case?

Yeah, I read that somewhere a few years back. I seen it on a GOW Theory vid as well, before it was out.
Odin's ring replicates itself every 8-9 days according to myth IIRC. Though, I can see it being reworked for the games.
I know right? By this logic you might as well call out the entire series.

-There is no Kratos (there is a guy named cratos, but he just has the same name)

-There is no blade of Olympus

-Castor and Pollox weren't conjoined.

I could honestly go on and on. And that's just the Greek side
Lawl. People calling out God of War for inaccuracy now made me double over.

Odin's ring replicates itself every 8-9 days according to myth IIRC. Though, I can see it being reworked for the games.
I can see it being an interesting item in the game. Maybe we can use it to reproduce loot?
Lawl. People calling out God of War for inaccuracy now made me double over.
Same people saying Angroboda makes no sense were oddly quiet when Hercules went by his Roman name.
And wasn't wearing a belt
Or had Hydra Arrows

Also someone did a render for the Nordic Sex symbol. We can probably add that and his quote about being reasonable to the page

I wonder what Asgard will look like in the game. It certainly doesn't seem like it'll be the gold-plated heavenly realm that the MCU has people thinking it is I think.

I wonder what Asgard will look like in the game. It certainly doesn't seem like it'll be the gold-plated heavenly realm that the MCU has people thinking it is I think.
I think Mimir mentions it as a "golden realm" but I definitely see it being much less glorious then the MCU (maybe it's the city in the trailer?)
We know Odin seemingly doesn't live in a lovely castle so that's interesting

Is he good? I think I saw his Zeus power video and that was it
Yeah I enjoy his content, and he's very knowledgeable, good theories, too.
Oh I know; just building on your point
Oh, my bad, I'm such an idiot lol
That bow thing could be just that Kratos doesn't hold traditional values in high esteem but that's just my reading
I always thought the same. He's the type of guy that would do anything in a fight
It really is; it's holding a canonical standard to these tales when that just doesn't exist by any stretch
I honestly think GOW did the right thing by changing certain things.
I think Ullr (Thor's stepson) is mentioned as decent so I can certainly see it. I'd definitely love to see what Forseti Baldursson (God of Justice and Law) or Vali (God of Vengeance) were like in this telling of mythology.
I remember people thought Atreus was Ullr. When was he mentioned? Forseti I've read about, although he may or not exist in GOW. But he might cuz I think Baldurs wife is mentioned somewhere. Vali I've read about as well. He's interesting because I believe the only things that's known about him is that he's a son of Odin, and doesn't speak. So they could make up new things about him.
Don't forget Invincible or DC
Ugh bro, tell me about it. MHA's just about worse than both combined.
It's an interesting case study in facts. Like are things true when a majority just starts to believe that's the case?
These days it is. It's terrifying if you think about it. You've no idea how easy it is to spread misinformation nowadays.
Ah I figured it was something like that. Probably some type of puzzle solver. Kinda like that stone in Ascension.
Same people saying Angroboda makes no sense were oddly quiet when Hercules went by his Roman name.
And wasn't wearing a belt
Or had Hydra Arrows
What were they saying about Angroboda? Is it about her being black? If so, that's ******* ridiculous.
wonder what Asgard will look like in the game. It certainly doesn't seem like it'll be the gold-plated heavenly realm that the MCU has people thinking it is I think.
I'm wondering this as well. How exactly is it depicted in Norse myth?
maybe it's the city in the trailer?)
I feel like that may be svartalfheim

Yeah I enjoy his content, and he's very knowledgeable, good theories, too.

Oh, my bad, I'm such an idiot lol
All G
I always thought the same. He's the type of guy that would do anything in a fight
Plus I feel his reputation was so damn bad he does not care
I honestly think GOW did the right thing by changing certain things.
Agreed; you need to change things to fit the story you want to tell
I remember people thought Atreus was Ullr. When was he mentioned?
I believe supplementary material mentions Faye told him stories of his exploits; which implies he's not as bad as, say, Thor.
Also I remember having the theory Atreus was Thor, and that Kratos would eventually become Odin.
Forseti I've read about, although he may or not exist in GOW. But he might cuz I think Baldurs wife is mentioned somewhere.
Forseti definitely could; it'd be neat to see him as a god who has to deal with what his father became tbh
Vali I've read about as well. He's interesting because I believe the only things that's known about him is that he's a son of Odin, and doesn't speak. So they could make up new things about him.
Yeah he could be a fun supporting boss. Would also love Vidarr as a kind of Viking DoomSlayer or something
Ugh bro, tell me about it. MHA's just about worse than both combined.
Yeah but I don't have MHA fans saying 9/11 should be used to commemorate a film or that you're actively profiting off a suicide if you watch content
These days it is. It's terrifying if you think about it. You've no idea how easy it is to spread misinformation nowadays.
Internet is a great way to spread knowledge but an even better way to spread misinformation
Ah I figured it was something like that. Probably some type of puzzle solver. Kinda like that stone in Ascension.
Could be fun; we definitely need better puzzles in the new game
What were they saying about Angroboda? Is it about her being black? If so, that's ******* ridiculous.
Yes; it's the closest racists
I'm wondering this as well. How exactly is it depicted in Norse myth?
I'm not sure
I know Valhalla is seemingly a gilded hall with a great eagle on high but that's one place
I feel like that may be svartalfheim
It's possible; It could be a mortal settlement as well but I have no idea

Plus I feel his reputation was so damn bad he does not care
Yeah. Dude was feared throughout the world, and pretty almost conquered it. I don't blame him. Now I think about it, I would actually love for them to explore human Kratos more.
Another prequel comic series would be sick.
Agreed; you need to change things to fit the story you want to tell
Yeah, And they pulled it off well.
I believe supplementary material mentions Faye told him stories of his exploits; which implies he's not as bad as, say, Thor.
Also I remember having the theory Atreus was Thor, and that Kratos would eventually become Odin.
Yeah, I remember, lost pages, right?
I remember that theory as well.
Though I never believe it, always thought it was pretty cool. I honestly think they should have Kratos take a similar route in the future, that's my idea for Christianity. Instead of having Kratos Kill God, why not have him become God?
Forseti definitely could; it'd be neat to see him as a god who has to deal with what his father became
Yeah, my thoughts as well. Maybe he can even become an ally to Kratos and Atreus.
Yeah he could be a fun supporting boss. Would also love Vidarr as a kind of Viking DoomSlayer or something
He could. Vidarr would be sick. There's some new Valkyries as well, but I don't think we'll fight them.
Yeah but I don't have MHA fans saying 9/11 should be used to commemorate a film or that you're actively profiting off a suicide if you watch content
.....what the ****.....? Jesus Christ.

This was a thing in the Invincible/ DC fanbase?
Internet is a great way to spread knowledge but an even better way to spread misinformation
The thing is, the internet is one of the most significant inventions in history. And the internet as we know has only been around for 32 years. You have all of known human history at the palm of your hand. And yet people use it to spread misinformation. Such a shame.
Could be fun; we definitely need better puzzles in the new game
Definitely. Puzzles in 2018 were ass. The old games had way better puzzles. Especially GOW 1 and 2. Gow 1 was the hardest one in the entire series for me for these reasons (except for that last translator part in GOW2 that pissed me off, took me two ******* weeks to beat)
Yes; it's the closest racists
Yeah that ***** gross, man. Look at this dumb shit, dude. I know the quartering probably had a heart attack.
I'm not sure
I know Valhalla is seemingly a gilded hall with a great eagle on high but that's one place

I definitely think they're gonna go with a marvel look. I expect Valhalla to all decked out with gold
It's possible; It could be a mortal settlement as well but I have no idea
Yeah, could be somewhere in Midgard. But I doubt it. Those lizard creatures, dwarves, and Dragons, and those ugly ass giant frogs really make me think this isn't Midgard

Yeah that ***** gross, man. Look at this dumb shit, dude. I know the quartering probably had a heart attack.
Yikes. I wouldn't mind her being a red head but I also don't mind her being black. Her ethnicity shouldn't matter at all when he haven't even seen her characterization yet.

Plus this is a series where an Irish mythological figure worked for Odin and a Mediterranean deity caused the end of the Norse world. Complaints like this are completely braindead.
I definitely think they're gonna go with a marvel look. I expect Valhalla to all decked out with gold
Yeah, that could likely happen as well. The MCU has Asgard's golden look as a result of plundering and ravaging entire civilisations. Maybe they'll mention something similar.
Yeah, could be somewhere in Midgard. But I doubt it. Those lizard creatures, dwarves, and Dragons, and those ugly ass giant frogs really make me think this isn't Midgard
I think it might be Svartalfheim.

Yikes. I wouldn't mind her being a red head but I also don't mind her being black. Her ethnicity shouldn't matter at all when he haven't even seen her characterization yet.
I know. It's sad people think this way still.
Deathloop (Bethesda's new fps) has been getting called "woke" and "SJW propaganda"
They make up idiotic terms and say subtle shit like that, when they're really just upset that the main characters are black.

This isn't even new in GOW. Way back in GOW 2 they were artworks of black Hercules, they probably scrapped it due to this same neckbeard bullshit.

I honestly used to think Kratos was black.
Plus this is a series where an Irish mythological figure worked for Odin and a Mediterranean deity caused the end of the Norse world. Complaints like this are completely braindead.
Exactly.
Yeah, that could likely happen as well. The MCU has Asgard's golden look as a result of plundering and ravaging entire civilisations. Maybe they'll mention something similar.
Yeah, I could see it. The MCU's influence is strong. I imagine most folks are expecting it to look like that.
think it might be Svartalfheim.
Dude, that's definitely Svartalfheim. The dwarves in the town, and also the terrain just doesn't look like anything in Midgard.

Also did you peep those Greek looking guys?

Yeah. Dude was feared throughout the world, and pretty almost conquered it. I don't blame him. Now I think about it, I would actually love for them to explore human Kratos more.
I'd be down for a series showing him in the 10 years between Ascension and GOW1
Imagine seeing him in the Trojan War, meeting Odysseus or even fighting the Redeemed Warrior from the multiplayer (BTW Ascension multiplayer needs a spinoff man). I think Fallen God is getting a Season 2 so it could be neat to see what he's been up to

I know people were talking about a series based off the games with Momoa so it'd be fun to see that be a retelling that delves more into Kratos as a human (maybe characters like Hercules could get more going on)
Yeah, I remember, lost pages, right?
Think so, Pariah might know better
I remember that theory as well.
Though I never believe it, always thought it was pretty cool. I honestly think they should have Kratos take a similar route in the future, that's my idea for Christianity. Instead of having Kratos Kill God, why not have him become God?
That would be wild; I do know Christianity exists too in the setting since there's all the references back in GOWII
Yeah, my thoughts as well. Maybe he can even become an ally to Kratos and Atreus.
I'd love a subplot with him and we reuinite him with a sane Baldur in Helheim
He could. Vidarr would be sick. There's some new Valkyries as well, but I don't think we'll fight them.
Eh Kratos sucks at personal communication
.....what the ****.....? Jesus Christ.

This was a thing in the Invincible/ DC fanbase?
Snyder fanabase specifically. Geralt of SnyderVerse argued this unironically and Goddamn Zollman said the other thing (can't find rn)
The thing is, the internet is one of the most significant inventions in history. And the internet as we know has only been around for 32 years. You have all of known human history at the palm of your hand. And yet people use it to spread misinformation. Such a shame.
It's terrible
Definitely. Puzzles in 2018 were ass. The old games had way better puzzles. Especially GOW 1 and 2. Gow 1 was the hardest one in the entire series for me for these reasons (except for that last translator part in GOW2 that pissed me off, took me two ******* weeks to beat)
Like yeah they were definitely not very well done in 2018. They don't have to be the same but I feel with Atreus and all the Runic powers you could have some fun ones
Like the design is cool but it's so weird people care this much about a black character in a setting that also has a Greek dude travelling to at least three pantheons or a character from a Shakespeare play being Mimir. Especially since so many characters get whitewashed already

Also **** Quartering
Be fun to see how they contrast it with Olympus; especially since these Gods seem less high and mighty
Hey what do you have against frogs man?

I always thought they were einherjar
The einherjar are definitely in the game. These guys might just them tho
I'd be down for a series showing him in the 10 years between Ascension and GOW1
Imagine seeing him in the Trojan War, meeting Odysseus or even fighting the Redeemed Warrior from the multiplayer (BTW Ascension multiplayer needs a spinoff man). I think Fallen God is getting a Season 2 so it could be neat to see what he's been up to
I've always wanted to see the trojan war in GOW. No idea why they never used it. There's so much material to run with, there. I'd kill to see him fight the redeemed warrior. Maybe RW betrays his allied god and goes rogue?

I know people were talking about a series based off the games with Momoa so it'd be fun to see that be a retelling that delves more into Kratos as a human (maybe characters like Hercules could get more going on)
I honestly don't really like adaptations. I don't like them doing the same stories over. I think what they should do is have a film or set within the god of war canon, there's so much series lore unexplored, especially when it comes to Kratos. Jason Momoa would be great. If we're goings looks, I think Batista would be sick too.

Yeah, why not dive into the first tasks Kratos received from the gods? And the others we never saw. Or him climbing the Spartan ranks and eventually serving Ares.

For a character who we've controlled for not far from 20 years, there's still a lot of things we don't about Kratos. This could be their chance to really explore that.
Think so, Pariah might know
Gotta rewatch those, anyway. I hope they drop something like those for Ragnarok.
That would be wild; I do know Christianity exists too in the setting since there's all the references back in GOWII
Hell, they set it up in GOW1. Kaptain Kuba discovered an Easter egg about Jesus, long unnoticed.

I'd love a subplot with him and we reuinite him with a sane Baldur in Helheim
Would be interesting.
Like yeah they were definitely not very well done in 2018. They don't have to be the same but I feel with Atreus and all the Runic powers you could have some fun ones
I honestly think this is the perfect opportunity to make him a playable character.
Like the design is cool but it's so weird people care this much about a black character in a setting that also has a Greek dude travelling to at least three pantheons or a character from a Shakespeare play being Mimir. Especially since so many characters get whitewashed already
Exactly. Why bitch now?
Also **** Quartering
Yeah dude is honestly one of the worse incels I've seen on YouTube (ONE of, not the worse, that title belongs to EDP445)

Dude has obsessively made videos about Brie Larson. And cried like a little bitch because a Black actress was cast as an original version of batwoman.

Way to much time on his hands.
Be fun to see how they contrast it with Olympus; especially since these Gods seem less high and mighty
Yeah, maybe more militarized, and more otherworldly
Hey what do you have against frogs man?
Lol, dude they look like the 1990 ninja turtles on meth.
Snyder fanabase specifically. Geralt of SnyderVerse argued this unironically and Goddamn Zollman said the other thing (can't find rn)
I actually love a lot of Snyder's work, but his fans, are the ******* worst. I think it's gotten so bad even he called them out at one point.

Actually, I think I might know what you're talking about. It was a post on Twitter right? With man of Steel screenshots saying never forget?

I've always wanted to see the trojan war in GOW. No idea why they never used it. There's so much material to run with, there. I'd kill to see him fight the redeemed warrior. Maybe RW betrays his allied god and goes rogue?
It could be a fun counterpart to Kratos doing the same, maybe Kratos emphasizes with them and it's a kind of mournful duel
Troy I know shows up in Ascension's multiplayer and it's mentioned a few times in the novels (It might be the Trial of War Gods Athena mentions)
Yeah, why not dive into the first tasks Kratos received from the gods? And the others we never saw. Or him climbing the Spartan ranks and eventually serving Ares.
Yeah it'd be cool seeing Kratos prove himself
For a character who we've controlled for not far from 20 years, there's still a lot of things we don't about Kratos. This could be their chance to really explore that.
Yeah there's a lot of seeming unknowns for him and other character. Maybe an anthology series of books or something would be cool idk
Gotta rewatch those, anyway. I hope they drop something like those for Ragnarok.
It'd be cool seeing takes on previous Ragnarok's or maybe even the intial battle between the Serpent and Thor
Hell, they set it up in GOW1. Kaptain Kuba discovered an Easter egg about Jesus, long unnoticed.
Ah I saw that vid
Would be interesting.

I honestly think this is the perfect opportunity to make him a playable character.
I'd be down with seeing him get fleshed out, Atreus is such a core character and it'd be fun using him to do certain things his father can't like shapeshifting into a bird or using a spell to pass through walls
Exactly. Why bitch now?

Yeah dude is honestly one of the worse incels I've seen on YouTube (ONE of, not the worse, that title belongs to EDP445)
EDP was just a pedo outright
Yeah, maybe more militarized, and more otherworldly
I can see that, maybe a lil less architecturally advanced (since the Greeks were built different)
Lol, dude they look like the 1990 ninja turtles on meth.
They already look like they're on meth
I actually love a lot of Snyder's work, but his fans, are the ******* worst. I think it's gotten so bad even he called them out at one point.
Yeah he called out Geeks and Gamers but I feel he does ignore a lot of the fanbase's worst stuff. Like even Ray Porter has had to put people in their place
Actually, I think I might know what you're talking about. It was a post on Twitter right? With man of Steel screenshots saying never forget?
You're thinking of Mercury; he's one of those guys tho

It could be a fun counterpart to Kratos doing the same, maybe Kratos emphasizes with them and it's a kind of mournful duel
Troy I know shows up in Ascension's multiplayer and it's mentioned a few times in the novels (It might be the Trial of War Gods Athena mentions)
Exactly. A mirror of later events. I remember Troy being one of the maps in Ascension.
Yeah it'd be cool seeing Kratos prove himself
Yeah, with his Battles that got him promoted to general. Along with some of his horrible acts while serving Ares.
Yeah there's a lot of seeming unknowns for him and other character. Maybe an anthology series of books or something would be cool idk
Yeah, maybe some more Novels? (They never did one for 3)
It'd be cool seeing takes on previous Ragnarok's or maybe even the intial battle between the Serpent and Thor
Exactly. Maybe more on the vanir, too
Ah I saw that vid
It's so cool finding ancient Easter eggs in games.
I'd be down with seeing him get fleshed out, Atreus is such a core character and it'd be fun using him to do certain things his father can't like shapeshifting into a bird or using a spell to pass through walls
Facts, man. While I don't mind him as a companion, I feel it completely limits him, and the overall gameplay for both characters. Which is Why I think they should let you switch between Kratos and Atreus anytime you like.
EDP was just a pedo outright
Dude is disgusting, and he probably won't even face jailtime because of those two idiots dicking around. He's making new videos saying he'll be back, and he's even not denying anything lmao. But it really doesn't matter, he's ******.
I can see that, maybe a lil less architecturally advanced (since the Greeks were built different)
Exactly the way I imagine it
They already look like they're on meth
They look like they're on every drug known to man
Yeah he called out Geeks and Gamers but I feel he does ignore a lot of the fanbase's worst stuff. Like even Ray Porter has had to put people in their place
Yeah I remember that. He seems like a good dude, tho.
You're thinking of Mercury; he's one of those guys tho
Yeah, that was a cringey post. Not sure why the hell he even remotely thought that was cool lmao

Exactly. A mirror of later events. I remember Troy being one of the maps in Ascension.
It was; I believe it's where the lore about Helios driving away Nyx is from
Yeah, with his Battles that got him promoted to general. Along with some of his horrible acts while serving Ares.
Could be neat
Yeah, maybe some more Novels? (They never did one for 3)
Yeah I'd love to see more of the Titan War (maybe showing where Apollo, Demeter and Zagreus went?)
I also feel characters like Hercules could really do with some fleshing out
Exactly. Maybe more on the vanir, too
Vanir seem dope
Facts, man. While I don't mind him as a companion, I feel it completely limits him, and the overall gameplay for both characters. Which is Why I think they should let you switch between Kratos and Atreus anytime you like.
I don't know about anytime but I feel it'd be fun for puzzles to swap into him
Dude is disgusting, and he probably won't even face jailtime because of those two idiots dicking around. He's making new videos saying he'll be back, and he's even not denying anything lmao. But it really doesn't matter, he's ******.
If there's any justice he will be
Exactly the way I imagine it
Great minds and al. Maybe a bit of the Delphi temple with the icy mountain but idk
They look like they're on every drug known to man
It's some good shit
Yeah I remember that. He seems like a good dude, tho.
Yeah he seems like such a chill guy. I've heard some very good things and it seems everyone kinda likes him
Yeah, that was a cringey post. Not sure why the hell he even remotely thought that was cool lmao
Makes me sad to say the Snyder Cut is > the Avengers films (save IW dont @me)

You guys think we might see Freyr? Would be interesting to see how his relationship with his sister panned out after her marriage and banishment. As well as his role being the lord of the Light Elves.

Would not be surprised since the Light Elves may not be as noble as we thought. I can see Freyr being an ally of Odin in the sense he wants to avoid annihilation like the last great war

I remember a theory about there being an overarching force over the many mythological worlds that guides Kratos' fate through these pantheons (I think it was Kuba or something). While it doesn't seem likely, it would be cool to see something similar covering the wider cosmology.

I remember a theory about there being an overarching force over the many mythological worlds that guides Kratos' fate through these pantheons (I think it was Kuba or something). While it doesn't seem likely, it would be cool to see something similar covering the wider cosmology.
Yeah I saw that too. I doubt the idea Kratos is being driven here (it does undermine his story a bit I feel) but I do think there's something beyond the realms. Maybe the higher plane?

Yeah, a major part of his character is defying fate and destiny. Still, a cool concept to me.

The higher plane I hope gets elaborated on in some capacity. Is it some sort of otherworldly pantheon? A sort of immortal afterlife?

I do remember that I had the theory that the Athena that came back was the evil Greed manifesting a physical form after playing 3.

Yeah, a major part of his character is defying fate and destiny. Still, a cool concept to me.
Well that and Gods
Really showing you what you can do despite odds
The higher plane I hope gets elaborated on in some capacity. Is it some sort of otherworldly pantheon? A sort of immortal afterlife?
My guess it; the Gods are sustained by belief so the Higher Plane is where they kinda come from I guess?
I do remember that I had the theory that the Athena that came back was the evil Greed manifesting a physical form after playing 3.
I buy it.

Well that and Gods
Really showing you what you can do despite odds
Yeah, I really like this about GoW.
My guess it; the Gods are sustained by belief so the Higher Plane is where they kinda come from I guess?
I'm not too sure about this in specific, as Kratos is doing fine and Odin doesn't have too many concerns about the mortals being ravaged by the Desolation and the disappearance of the Valkyries (or maybe that's him being obsessed and depraved).

Maybe it's the reason why sections of the world can be moulded into entire realities and universes based on collective belief? A sort of cosmic background to the mythical worlds? I dunno.

Yeah, I really like this about GoW.

I'm not too sure about this in specific, as Kratos is doing fine and Odin doesn't have too many concerns about the mortals being ravaged by the Desolation and the disappearance of the Valkyries (or maybe that's him being obsessed and depraved).
I'm bring this up since it seems to be believed by Kratos and it's heavily implied to be why Ares is ravaging Athens in the way he is
Maybe it's the reason why sections of the world can be moulded into entire realities and universes based on collective belief? A sort of cosmic background to the mythical worlds? I dunno.
I buy it tbh; it's weird to me that there's a massive mountain in Greece no one addresses

I'm bring this up since it seems to be believed by Kratos and it's heavily implied to be why Ares is ravaging Athens in the way he is
Athena didn't seem too personally concerned about the city itself in the novel though. Even Zeus is surprised why she doesn't focus on aiding her citizens and cites how many other Olympians would help if she pleaded.

But I can see it happening honestly, though maybe not exactly in this capacity.
I buy it tbh; it's weird to me that there's a massive mountain in Greece no one addresses
Lawl.

Also, ever find Mimir's dialogue about Odin being weird? He says Odin would "control every realm in every land in every world if he could!" and says how "Tyr could travel to other realms, and other lands to boot!". He seems to put these "worlds" above the geographical regions in scope. Or maybe I'm reading too deep into this.

It'd be cool if there was some form of the Collective Unconscious at play in the cosmology.

Athena didn't seem too personally concerned about the city itself in the novel though. Even Zeus is surprised why she doesn't focus on aiding her citizens and cites how many other Olympians would help if she pleaded.
Mostly because it's lowkey forbidden for Gods to war on each other directly and Athena seems of the opinion Ares is too strong about it
Like don't tell me Thor hasn't gone "Hey dad why's there a **** off massive mountain Greece?"
"Damn it boy I'm trying to not ******* die:"
Also, ever find Mimir's dialogue about Odin being weird? He says Odin would "control every realm in every land in every world if he could!" and says how "Tyr could travel to other realms, and other lands to boot!". He seems to put these "worlds" above the geographical regions in scope. Or maybe I'm reading too deep into this.
By worlds do you mean realms? If so I have opinions on that (Discord?)

Mostly because it's lowkey forbidden for Gods to war on each other directly and Athena seems of the opinion Ares is too strong about it
Maybe. Tbh the GoW 1 novel had some weird stuff like Artemis intimidating Ares and wielding "one of the most powerful weapons in creation". Stuff can get tricky with it.
Like don't tell me Thor hasn't gone "Hey dad why's there a **** off massive mountain Greece?"
"Damn it boy I'm trying to not ******* die:"
This image is hilarious.
By worlds do you mean realms? If so I have opinions on that (Discord?)
If you mean the 9 realms then no. The worlds referenced are at least on the scale of the geographical regions or even above them.

Sure, send me your tag and I'll try to reply (though, I don't have much time at all on weekdays so it'll likely have to wait).

Maybe. Tbh the GoW 1 novel had some weird stuff like Artemis intimidating Ares and wielding "one of the most powerful weapons in creation". Stuff can get tricky with it.
I took that scene as more being Ares really did not want to waste time on that
This image is hilarious.
I try to amuse
If you mean the 9 realms then no. The worlds referenced are at least on the scale of the geographical regions or even above them.
Ah I see
Sure, send me your tag and I'll try to reply (though, I don't have much time at all on weekdays so it'll likely have to wait).
#Jambo5507
And yeah sure, hit me up when works

It was; I believe it's where the lore about Helios driving away Nyx is from
Yeah it sure is
Yeah I'd love to see more of the Titan War (maybe showing where Apollo, Demeter and Zagreus went?)
I also feel characters like Hercules could really do with some fleshing out
Seeing more of the titan war would be great. I genuinely want to see Apollo, Hestia, Demeter, Zagreus etc. No idea why they never made appearances .
Makes me sad to say the Snyder Cut is > the Avengers films (save IW dont @me)
Fax
You guys think we might see Freyr? Would be interesting to see how his relationship with his sister panned out after her marriage and banishment. As well as his role being the lord of the Light Elves.
He's definitely showing up. I think we'll be fighting the light elves this time, since they don't seem so nice, as Kratos predicted.
I can see this being this the case. Reminds me of the new gods.
Also, ever find Mimir's dialogue about Odin being weird? He says Odin would "control every realm in every land in every world if he could!" and says how "Tyr could travel to other realms, and other lands to boot!". He seems to put "worlds" above the geographical regions in scope. Or maybe I'm reading too deep into this.
I don't think Odin knew about Tyr's travels?
Also the thing is, the mythology in GOW are separated by universes. For example, a traveler comes from Egypt in GOW Ascension, and I believe Kuba did a video on it, and Ares attacked Egypt. It's just alternate realities where gods certain parts.

But I definitely think they should explore this.
Maybe they should have a GOW game set in multiple mythologies.

I definitely buy that there are gods who exist on a higher plane controlling Kratos.

Elder gods, essentially. I think they'll be the final bosses of the series

BTW have guys watched the YouTube channel, Mythology & Fiction Explained? He talks about various mythologies (Most notably Greek Mythology, of course). He’s even done a few videos on God of War

Back