• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Because Kratos made the mistake of holding back the fight. Once he let loose tho, that quickly changed.

LMFAO where? We saw very different fights then. Kratos literally took a bloodlusted hit to the face from Thor's hammer and literally stood there as if nothing harmed him, after Kratos slams him down, Thor literally asks Kratos what the hell he is waiting for, knowing that he had been beaten. That's not Kratos talk-no-jutsu'ing him at all. Thor was literally gasping for breath after this while Kratos wasn't even bothered that much. If you watched the previous two QTE's you'd know this.
It's good bro, he most likely is questioning his life choices at this point lmaoo

Staggering wouldnt equal scaling to him though
Also, one more thing, Kratos wasn't staggering, he was literally matching Thor blow-for-blow even without the Leviathan Axe in the woodhouse scene and literally overpowered his Mjolnir with the Chains on his Blades of Chaos wrapped around the hammer in a tug-of-war, and we both know that the weapons scale to their wielders (As they can't be wielded by just about anyone unless they have the strength to do so, as Kratos mentions his wife Faye having the strength to wield it properly, and the wisdom to use it for good), especially considering that Thor literally got a hit in into Kratos right in the head while fully bloodlusted and this time Kratos wasn't any worse for the wear.

Last edited:
THIS IS LITERALLY AN INTELLIGENCE FEAT BRUV. Unless you wanna give doctors with defibrilators Resurrection.
He says they'd have it in a limited sense in some post above. 🗿

Also, no point in going on about this. Weekly is likely the only one on Earth who'd say that Thor and Kratos don't scale, regardless of who's stronger than who.

Aight, theres a few crts coming up im gonna ping yall for since you agree with this kind of scaling

Backing out for now, just wanted to get opinions on this topic
Basically what Planck said for this. Those verses are their own thing. If you want to make upgrades go for it. But don't lump in God of War with this kind of whataboutism, this is not how things work. Every verse is different.

At most, Kratos and Thor would be slightly more comparable than they already are. Like, even assuming that it was a kill with the hammer the first time, so what? Both are close enough in strength that holding back or carelessness can spell either's demise in a fast pace fight.
this.gif

He says they'd have it in a limited sense in some post above. 🗿
BRUH. DIDN'T KNOW DEFIBRILATORS WERE MAGIC WEAPONS IRL.

Also, no point in going on about this. Weekly is likely the only one on Earth who'd say that Thor and Kratos don't scale, regardless of who's stronger than who.
Honestly just a Bloodlusted Thor smacking Kratos in the head directly and Kratos not even appearing to be moved by that should tell you where Kratos stands here.

Hercules in mythology is literally the official Olympian God of Strength.

In GOW3, he finished all his previous 12 labors and called the act of killing Kratos his 13th and final labor in order to straight up become the next God of War. Unlucky dude at that, using 13th of all places, against a dude who actually called him brother, something he would not do for anyone else other than Mimir or Deimos.

It is never mentioned in the games that he is a God. He also says that he will claim the throne of God of War after he kills Kratos.
Yeah but he still did the other 12 labors, like temporarily lifting up the Greek World for Atlas while he got the Apples, as well as the cleaning of the Augean Stables and killing of the Nemean Lion.

Dust of RealmsA formless substance found inside Realm Tears—unnatural branches between Realms.Obtained from closing Realm Tears
: having no regular form or shape
: lacking order or arrangement
: having no physical existence

And yet we have characters that have outright killed their opponents but dont scale to them
This isn't that case. Plus second match automatically causes this entire thing to just get thrown out the window so yeah.

Posting it again for clarity's sake:

Thor here is enraged as **** and no longer holding back. Kratos is still holding back to keep Thor alive, but he is definitely exerting way more effort than any other time had in Norse. And he takes that full power hammer strike like a ******* champ.

I am not disagreeing that Kratos doesn't hold back on his durability, this is indeed a wrong assumption to make by default. For any verse in general, unless there is an actual mechanism in the character's abilities that causes their strength to fluctuate depending on several conditions.

However, to say that you can't scale Kratos to Thor for his feat of knocking out Thor's teeth just because he died once, and then to completely ignore the final rematch where Kratos takes the full-powered blow to the head like a champ while still holding back to a certain extent to get Thor to listen to reason, and then claiming to know the full context of the fight by claiming to have watched it, honestly tells me a lot about where this argument is going.

If anything, Kratos dying the first time is because of his carelessness and him holding back in a fight he should've taken just as seriously as the moment he lost his shit when Thor mentioned Atreus's name and saying that Odin had plans for him.

I did, yes, as well as watched two full lets plays of it. The fact that Thor curbed and killed Kratos in their first fight despite holding back is only more proof of this
No it's not, if anything it's proof that Kratos was careless. And immediately after Kratos literally knocks out Thor's teeth after being royally pissed off by hearing Odin having plans for Atreus.

In the second fight Thor is going all out and Kratos is far more serious than he has ever been in the time he's been in the Norse Pantheon, but he still held back to reason with Thor, and right at the final leg, he literally took a bloodlusted, full-power blow from Thor's Mjolnir to the face and was not in the least bit affected by it, he literally shrugged it the **** off.

You're posting the first fight where both were holding back which utterly destroys your proposition. Especially considering there's the final rematch and the straight blow to the head from a full-power bloodlusted Thor, and the fact that Kratos is still holding back to a certain extent after that mess with Heimdall and to get Thor to listen to proper reason.

Holding back doesnt make you less durable my guy
Cool, Kratos literally takes a full-powered blow to the head in their final rematch and he just shrugs it off. You gonna ignore that? I thought you said you watched both fights.

I already did, he wasnt stronger than Thor at all, i can post the fight if you'd like
BECAUSE HE WAS HOLDING BACK. In case you didn't know, while Kratos doesn't hold back on his durability, he absolutely does on his strength. Why are you ignoring the part where Thor is berating Kratos for not using his true power and even telling him how boring it is without his signature blades? Also killing Heimdall gave him even more of an incentive to further bring himself under control, trying to save Thor for the sake of their own children is just icing on the cake and an even better motivator for this (Granted he was way, way more serious than ever before like I've already repeated multiple times now, but even so he was still holding back to make Thor see reason).

He has resurrection via restarting a person's heart with his electricity, yes
In a limited sense, yes

Buddy. Log out. Read a biology book. Touch grass. Go out with friends. Visit museum. Touch Grass again. Reconsider your above comments for once. And I promise you. You will become a better person. BUT THIS. THIS IS NOT IT.

My guy, defibrillation isnt saving you from an axe to the face or a knife to the jugular

Have some common sense here
The jugular one arguably, albeit youd need a ton of blood to replace everything

But its not bringing you back from your head being split in half
My brother from another mother in Christ, Kratos's head wasn't split in half, otherwise we'd see brain halves on this. Also, Kratos isn't that weak, he literally survived a sneak full-power blast from Fear Zeus who is literally stronger than everyone else in the entire franchise and that didn't split his body into parts, and you seriously expect me to believe that a Thor who was fighting half-heartedly against a decently-holding-back Kratos without his Blades of Chaos would be able to split his head in two, especially when not even the visuals show this? Thor was lucky he even managed to exploit Kratos's carelessness and obtain a kill, even if temporarily.

Buddy. Log out. Read a biology book. Touch grass. Go out with friends. Visit museum. Touch Grass again. Reconsider your above comments for once. And I promise you. You will become a better person. BUT THIS. THIS IS NOT IT.

My brother from another mother in Christ, Kratos's head wasn't split in half, otherwise we'd see brain halves on this. Also, Kratos isn't that weak, he literally survived a sneak full-power blast from Fear Zeus who is literally stronger than everyone else in the entire franchise and that didn't split his body into parts, and you seriously expect me to believe that a Thor who was fighting half-heartedly against a decently-holding-back Kratos without his Blades of Chaos would be able to split his head in two, especially when not even the visuals show this? Thor was lucky he even managed to exploit Kratos's carelessness and obtain a kill, even if temporarily.
Damn. Chill. You got your point across.

at this point he has to be trolling, he just sounds like it at this point.

I wonder what Atreus' LS is? He obviously doesn't scale to Kratos in the slightest, but one feat for him is that pillar in the Garm fight.

He probably should have Immeasurable LS in Bear form, for, you know, ripping a Valkyrie in half

Yeah, in their second fight with both no longer holding back Kratos still won the fight, although with difficulty
Nope. In the second fight, Kratos was definitely holding back. Maybe not as much as the first fight, but both him and Mimir were trying to convince Thor to stop throughout the battle. Kratos won because he had 3 weapons this time around+he was mildly serious+he was continually exploiting Thor's wound+his gear was much more upgraded compared to the game's starting+he managed to restrain Thor with that dagger.

Last edited:
I wonder what Atreus' LS is? He obviously doesn't scale to Kratos in the slightest, but one feat for him is that pillar in the Garm fight.
Not sure, but prolly at least comparable to Trolls at the very least. Aside from the pillar feat.

He probably should have Immeasurable LS in Bear form, for, you know, ripping a Valkyrie in half
He should. He could even hold his own against Kratos in this form and would have died as a result of getting beat down if he didn't stop resisting.

Back