• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Is there a reason why blades of chaos aren't included?
Blades of Chaos are a completely different set of blades. KLOL already made a sandbox for them earlier
Anyway, I have forged the sandbox for the Blades of Chaos. Kinda incomplete, but I will tend to it later, I have a class now.

Y'all can edit it with the references later if you like, I'll fix them up later.

I recall Mimir asking Kratos why he doesn't use his previous powers which Kratos answered that he is unable despite his attempts. Which means most of the Greek based abilities such lightning of Zeus, souls of hades, etc wouldn't be in the Norse version of blades of chaos. So better make a separate key for it in the sandbox for Norse.

I recall Mimir asking Kratos why he doesn't use his previous powers which Kratos answered that he is unable despite his attempts. Which means most of the Greek based abilities such lightning of Zeus, souls of hades, etc wouldn't be in the Norse version of blades of chaos. So better make a separate key for it in the sandbox for Norse.
Technically speaking the Blades don't have those powers anymore as of GOW1 TBF, but really it's only 3 elements, Lightning of Zeus, Soul of Hades and Ice of Poseidon, Rage of Ares is still retained and so are Kratos's fire-based powers.

I can work it in if you like.

Technically speaking the Blades don't have those powers anymore as of GOW1 TBF, but really it's only 3 elements, Lightning of Zeus, Soul of Hades and Ice of Poseidon, Rage of Ares is still retained and so are Kratos's fire-based powers.

I can work it in if you like.
Sure

They didn't splinter a part of it, the damage was indicated to be pretty severe.

Also there's Surtr's destruction of Asgard completely destroying the branch that held Asgard as well which shook the entire Tree to its very core so the splintering's kind of a moot point, given how easily Thor was 2v1'ing them both.
where is it stated the tree shook to the core via Surtr strikes?

Better yet, if I haven't repeated this a million times, Thor was 2v1'ing both Jormi and Surtr at the same time and only grew visibly pissed after he saw Kratos with his daughter.
so in a way a fully serious kratos be on par with ragnarok surtr ( or even be surperior) in terms of power?

so in a way a fully serious kratos be on par with ragnarok surtr ( or even be surperior) in terms of power?
Ye. Even when he broke a bit with Heimdall he wasn't giving it his all. If he was, Heimdall would be 3 more limbs shorter.

GOW3 Kratos? He's on another level.

so surtur can affect whatever world tree has

There are certain abilities and weapons in GOW1 that can destroy objects Kratos can't damage with other stuff, and enemies that can be one shot by them when they otherwise take more hits to be beaten and I think they should be listed on the profiles

Thor was 2v1'ing both Jormi and Surtr at the same time and only grew visibly pissed after he saw Kratos with his daughter.
Man had Kratos calling the force of his blows as hard as any other he's taken (Even without his hammer), 2v1's Jormungandr and Surtr (Who'd become Ragnarok by that point), split apart souls by pure accident while fighting Faye (And matched her while being drunk af).

Thor is just built different.

There are certain abilities and weapons in GOW1 that can destroy objects Kratos can't damage with other stuff, and enemies that can be one shot by them when they otherwise take more hits to be beaten and I think they should be listed on the profiles
Closest thing that comes to mind are Onyx via Nemean Cestus but that's fucky because of Trolls doing it with a big-ass wooden stick.

Same scan as the "transcending time and space" video, right after that statement. The tree effectively existed before all of creation did, time inlcuded. And all of creation eventually returns back to the tree.

Ymir's Mural also states time was pretty young when he was born.

Kinda like the Primordials situation.

Man had Kratos calling the force of his blows as hard as any other he's taken (Even without his hammer), 2v1's Jormungandr and Surtr (Who'd become Ragnarok by that point), split apart souls by pure accident while fighting Faye (And matched her while being drunk af).

and not just regular souls. But souls which consist of form, mind, direction, and luck

Not only that, Kratos kept exploding Thor's innards multiple times with Draupnir like he did with Heimdall and it still didn't budge Thor much other than just tire him out a bit. His internals are tough as ****.

Reminder that Thor never healed from any of Kratos's attacks even when Eitr-imbued Leviathan wasn't involved.

Back