• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Kratos Page Re-Work + Yggdrasil BDE Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Introduction

Yeah, another one. This one is pretty straightforward though.

Kratos's page

So, we've finally decided to divide the current Norse key into his 2018 and Ragnarok selves, complete with items. This is the current profile, whereas how the new profile will look is here.

As for the additions;

Beyond Dimensional Existence (Type 2) Removal for Yggdrasil

Pretty straightforward. Yggdrasil indeed transcends space and time and predates them but so far it hasn't been to the degree of being absent of space-time on an existential level. So it should go.

Agree: 8 (KingTempest, UchihaSlayer96, Dereck03, Eseseso, LuffyRuffy46307, SYPHe5D, ProtectusInfinity, Benimoru)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Pretty straightforward. Yggdrasil indeed transcends space and time and predates them but so far it hasn't been to the degree of being absent of space-time on an existential level.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I figure the first two should entail the last.

TL;DR the Yggdrasil still abides by some higher form of space and time as opposed to being transcendent of all levels of space and time.
Where is the proof of this claim?

Also, it is not necessary to be beyond all levels of space and time for BDE type 2. It is enough to demonstrate a feat against a specific level of time and space.

Type 2: Characters whose nature is defined by lacking spatiotemporal features and being superior to them in nature. These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown. Due to transcending this spacetime they are immune to Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation of it. They furthermore inherit any benefits of Type 1.

Where is the proof of this claim?

Also, it is not necessary to be beyond all levels of space and time for BDE type 2. It is enough to demonstrate a feat against a specific level of time and space.
Ultima talked about it with us a while back. And Ygg does have space and time it abides by, even if it's not on the same level as the Nine Realms.

Ultima talked about it with us a while back. And Ygg does have space and time it abides by, even if it's not on the same level as the Nine Realms.
I wasn't asking what Ultima said. I was asking where in the series it was shown or stated

I wasn't asking what Ultima said. I was asking where in the series it was shown or stated
The fact that it indeed can grow and change? The fact that its sap alters time? The fact that it has an overarching "future" that could be sensed by Odin and others?

Introduction

Yeah, another one. This one is pretty straightforward though.

Kratos's page

So, we've finally decided to divide the current Norse key into his 2018 and Ragnarok selves, complete with items. This is the current profile, whereas how the new profile will look is here.

As for the additions;

Pretty straightforward. Yggdrasil indeed transcends space and time and predates them but so far it hasn't been to the degree of being absent of space-time on an existential level. So it should go.

Agree: 6 (KingTempest, Eseseso, LuffyRuffy46307, SYPHe5D, ProtectusInfinity, Benimoru)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0
Just a question.

In its Norse version it says that he has his powers from when he was a god.

But wasn't it said that he can no longer use the magic of his land?

Just a question.

In its Norse version it says that he has his powers from when he was a god.

But wasn't it said that he can no longer use the magic of his land?
Look at the keys. Innate God powers doesn't mean absolutely everything.

Look at the keys. Innate God powers doesn't mean absolutely everything.
So he wouldn't have access to the weapons and magic of his version of god?

I saw that the Innate and Resistance keys comment on your innate powers and previous resistances.

But in weapons and spells there is no reference to this.

So he wouldn't have access to the weapons and magic of his version of god?

I saw that the Innate and Resistance keys comment on your innate powers and previous resistances.

But in weapons and spells there is no reference to this.
When I say "All Innate X powers", it obviously means the Innate sub-keys not whatever is in Items and Magic. All resistances carry over.

When I say "All Innate X powers", it obviously means the Innate sub-keys not whatever is in Items and Magic. All resistances carry over.
So Kratos will no longer have his spells/weapons from the previous keys? At least from the Greek era.

I remember asking a long time ago why Kratos from gow 3 had access to gow 1's weapons and so on.

Didn't you guys tell me it was dimensional storage or something?

Why did you decide to change?

So Kratos will no longer have his spells/weapons from the previous keys? At least from the Greek era.
The Greek keys have stuff carried over from Demigod to God. But Norse no, each key there has its own gear. And Norse no longer has any old gear from Greek Era.
I remember asking a long time ago why Kratos from gow 3 had access to gow 1's weapons and so on.

Didn't you guys tell me it was dimensional storage or something?

Why did you decide to change?
It hasn't changed. Items and stuff just didn't carry over into Norse canonically.

I thought it would be self-evident smh.
I mean, you said that each Nordic key doesn't have its items.

And in Greek it has.

But they are both presented in the same way.

In other words, saying that he has innate things but nothing regarding weapons and magic.

Anyone who only knows from their profile will think that the two are treated the same way.

Like me.

BDE type 2 is being lack of the space-time dimension(spatial and temporal dimension) and transcends it at the level you exist in. But Yggdrasil cannot have a situation of lacking the 4-D space-time dimension because it's a 5-dimensional being, Ygg transcends it qualitatively. Ygg may still be bound to the space-time dimension at the 5-D level

So...... Yeah, I agree

Proposal seems fine, checked the sandbox and new profile looks good.

Reactive Evolution (Went from being unable to land any hits on the God of Foresight even with the Draupnir's explosive powers, to not only grabbing Heimdall but also landing a successful hit on his face.[90] Could siphon Thor's powers with Draupnir in the latter section of their battle when just earlier on, Thor could entirely resist the Siphon and its abilities[15])

This is in the sandbox (Innate section of the Ragnarok key) and I forgot to make not of it but Thor would get resistance to Draupnir's Siphon abilities, i.e. Absorption, Resistance Bestowal and Resistance Negation.

Kratos initially couldn't use the ability against him but he adapts shortly after then can siphon him just fine, due to his Reactive Evolution.

@KingTempest @UchihaSlayer96 @Dereck03

You don't need to reply again if you have no problem with the above but feel free to if you do.

This is in the sandbox (Innate section of the Ragnarok key) and I forgot to make not of it but Thor would get resistance to Draupnir's Siphon abilities, i.e. Absorption, Resistance Bestowal and Resistance Negation.

Kratos initially couldn't use the ability against him but he adapts shortly after then can siphon him just fine, due to his Reactive Evolution.

@KingTempest @UchihaSlayer96 @Dereck03

You don't need to reply again if you have no problem with the above but feel free to if you do.
Sure, yeah, that makes sense.

Yeah... i dont think the transcending time and space part is about transcend it atribute. But it seems more like yggdrasil is existed in higher level of space and time, freya also mention about cyle of life (timeline) before stated that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back