• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Redoing the fight again, are we?

Anyway, with the new scaling chain, the strength gap now should be considered minimal at best (With Herc at a slight advantage but it's negligible at best and unnoticeable at worst), but I'd still give it to Herc for greater endurance, better hand-to-hand combat skill and decent-enough agility. High diff to very high diff.

Thor and Hercules are now pretty much even so there's not really much to discuss in regards to their physical statistics.

That said, Thor has better mobility and an aerial advantage with Mjolnir, as well as far greater range with his lightning and shockwaves. He can also temporarily paralyze Hercules and land additional damage.

Hercules is a better hand-to-hand combatant and his melee blows are enhanced by his Cestus, but he has less experience overall. His agility is good but doesn't match up to outright flight.

Endurance difference doesn't seem to be that great, since Thor can take a great deal more physical punishment and keep fighting than what I'm aware Hercules can do (granted the latter can last longer in a fight what with his Olympian stamina).

Honestly, Thor very high-diff for me.

Last edited:
Thor and Hercules are now pretty much even so there's not really much to discuss in regards to their physical statistics.

That said, Thor has better mobility and an aerial advantage with Mjolnir, as well as far greater range with his lightning and shockwaves. He can also temporarily paralyze Hercules and land additional damage.

Hercules is a better hand-to-hand combatant and his melee blows are enhanced by his Cestus, but he has less experience overall. His agility is good but doesn't match up to outright flight.

Endurance difference doesn't seem to be that great, since Thor can take a great deal more physical punishment and keep fighting than what I'm aware Hercules can do (granted the latter can last longer in a fight what with his Olympian stamina).

Honestly, Thor very high-diff for me.
I agree with all of this reasoning. As with the previous match, I believe Thor would take this after a very long, harrowing battle.

I think I'll still rock with my boi Herc for KLOL's reasons.

Honestly Thor has flight to give him more mobility and Mjolnir to give more versatility, but Hercules could just leap into the sky and tag him, or pull him down to him before he takes off by extending the Nemean Cestus, and the Nemean Cestus could easily block and parry blows from the Blade of Olympus, while Mjolnir is outmatched by the blades of chaos. And he should be able to block Thor's bolts

Hercules should have the combat speed and reflexes advantage, as he could catch Kratos off guard, even with the Boots of Hermes, a lot more than Thor did.

Coupled with his superior grappling and H2H Skills, status effect inducement should get him the dub again.

I completely forgot the Weaponry part though I am a bit conflicted with what to do about the Cestuses TBF.

Honestly Thor has flight to give him more mobility and Mjolnir to give more versatility, but Hercules could just leap into the sky and tag him, or pull him down to him before he takes off by extending the Nemean Cestus, and the Nemean Cestus could easily block and parry blows from the Blade of Olympus, while Mjolnir is outmatched by the blades of chaos. And he should be able to block Thor's bolts
Yeah, by their lonesome. Here, their weapons just act as enhancers

Yeah, by their lonesome. Here, their weapons just act as enhancers
Only the Blades of Chaos/Athena/Exile actually amplify the wielder's base stats, and Kratos amps them back in turn. Mjolnir only compounds Thor's blows AKA make it be felt significantly more. But no, Mjolnir is no enhancer.

Cestuses, I have no clue on what it does anymore. But it definitely proved fruitful for Kratos to one-up Herc and he legitimately was stronger with them, but still in the same ballpark.

Last edited:
Let's see:

• AP is relatively equal between Thor and Cestus-wielding Hercules.
  • Speed is equal with the Cestus, but without the Cestus Herc is a good bit faster (man was blitzing GoW3 Kratos and flash-dodging his attacks).
  • LS is equal.
  • Thor has range, but Herc can close the gap.
  • Herc also has stun.
Honestly gotta vote for Hercules here, extreme diff, via stunning with gauntlets.

Also, Cestus ~= Blade of Olympus, which is >>> Mjolnir.

Since when was the Cestus relative to the Blade of Olympus?
Herc using the Cestuses was able to deflect a lot of attacks from a Rage of Sparta Kratos w/ the Blade, could be game mechanics, could be legit in term of dura, the Guidebook does mention the Cestus as being one of the few weapons that can send Zeus flying hard and cause some serious damage to him.

Judging from both sides of the argument, it's probably an inconclusive but I'm going to vote Hercules here to balance it out because I don't think anyone else is gonna vote inconclusive.

Ok, since it's still neck-and-neck with 7 votes for each side, this match should end as inconclusive. Grace begins now.

Back