• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War hax upgrades

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Let's go back to Krepe's roots for once, eh?

So, this blog has some interesting information for some versions of Kratos. Most of it can be interpreted to be extrapolation but a few of these are likely. See my analysis of it there for everything, but the main ones are:

• Kratos in God of War: Ascension would gain Age Manipulation through the Amulet of Uroborus's ability to decay stuff. In-gameplay the ability is not shown, but in the main cutscenes it has shown the ability to deage people and objects alike, so it's not a hassle. The official description also states it can do this.
  • Kratos in God of War: Chains of Olympus would have the ability to ignore the durability of demons through the Light of Dawn, a light-based projectile which is stated in the game's guidebook to be able to exorcise demons. This is backed up by the fact that it shares the same power source as Helios's Sunlight, which is able to destroy the fog of evil created by Morpheus.
Side note, this version of Kratos should have a pretty powerful resistance to Sleep Manipulation considering he was the only person not to be directly affected by Morpheus's fog, which was gradually putting the whole world to sleep.

It looks fine, but I wanted to ask one thing about Morpheus' fog since I last played the game long ago and my memory about it is rusty

Wasn't Kratos not affected due to avoiding the fog itself? iirc in gameplay if you go into the fog you get damaged by it

@RKGenki

That wouldn't really explain how literally everyone in the village Kratos visited fell asleep, alongside with the gods on Olympus if it was that simple, considering most of the village was free from the fog and only the stuff next to Helios's Temple was infested. It's likely to be game mechanics.

Thank you for the help.

Do I have enough support to get this added or should I wait?

Kratos destroying both spirit and body? Sounds like a minor EE to me.

Anyways, we should separate Kratos' abilities as the God of War (ex. astral projection, telekinesis) to his God of War Kratos key.

Back