• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War - Ascension Kratos and the Redeemed Warrior Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is essentially continuation of this thread. Hopefully it will garner more attention.

Long story short, the Redeemed Warrior's Attack Potency and Lifting Strenght should be (in my opinion) changed from At least City level to At least Multi-Continental via his ability to casually wield the Atlas' Hammer. Ascension key Kratos was confirmed by Izzy Medrano, Santa Monica Studio concept artist, to be stronger than the Redeemed Warrior. Consequently, this would elevate both of them tier-wise from At least 7-B to a At least High 6-A.

Naturally, this potential change of Kratos' tier would transfer into his Chains of Olympus and GoW1 keys.

Furthemore, the Redeemed Warrior with the Alliegance to Zeus key should have his Speed updated from "At least Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+" to "At least Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+, Speed of Light with Essence of Hyperion".

Last edited:
As I said, pretty neutral on it for now. I'll agree but my vote can change depending on arguments that could present themselves.

Normal users can't tag other people...only mods have that privilege.
You will have to go on atleast 3-4 mods wall to call them here personally.
Ah yeah, I forgot. Thank you.

Does that mean that the next time I make a thread, I need to PM those potentially interested or just hope that someone notices? What's the point of tagging in the first place, then? This is dumb.

Ah yeah, I forgot. Thank you.

Does that mean that the next time I make a thread, I need to PM those potentially interested or just hope that someone notices? What's the point of tagging in the first place, then? This is dumb.
Yeah posting it is enough.....if verse is popular enough...people notice anyway..though calling knowledgeables personally is better for obscure or inactive verses...

No need to PM though....just comment on their walls....

Well I believe the tagging others was headache before because of too many people using it to tag single users....and also misusing it kinda...so the privelege was taken from normal users.

Atlas hammer has weight of continents.....
And that not only gives lifting strength...
But since swinging around and hitting with that kind of weight also helps into striking strength....AP is justified....kinda like using the hammers own wieght for striking in real life.

Where's the scan for the "Weight of Continents" and we also need a more specific scale to use the Earthquake statement.

I haven't seen evidence beyond Twitter posts tbh; which a lot of those are probably going to be getting axed. And the only other backing are details listed in Kepekley's blog; in which the storms were calculated at 7-B. But literally in game screen shots might be a different story yes.

weight of continents doesn't tell me its High 6-A. That just sounds like a really good lifting strength feat.

Where's the scan for the "Weight of Continents" and we also need a more specific scale to use the Earthquake statement.
Here:
6064771-5617926562-58978.png

And here's the quote from God of War II novelization specificing (somewhat) the size of the Earth in the Greek World:
"Well that he should" Gaia thought. "The Sisters of Fate decreed that he be there when Kratos released Prometheus". She inhaled and mountain ranges rose. She sighed, river valleys formed and continents moved.

The "weight of the world behind it" kinda sounds like hyperbole, unless there's more context to it suggesting otherwise. The SoL I'm fine with tho

I agree with the speed, not with the AP. Unless I'm missing something, that's an isolated statement.

That being said, the speed of light thing is actually consistent, and in fact, it may (but just maybe) be applied to combat and reactin speed. I remember seeing other items who had powers based around light that did behave like actual light, and the Redeemed Warrior could react to those.

The "weight of the world behind it" kinda sounds like hyperbole, unless there's more context to it suggesting otherwise. The SoL I'm fine with tho
Why?
I agree with the speed, not with the AP. Unless I'm missing something, that's an isolated statement.

That being said, the speed of light thing is actually consistent, and in fact, it may (but just maybe) be applied to combat and reactin speed. I remember seeing other items who had powers based around light that did behave like actual light, and the Redeemed Warrior could react to those.
"cough"
6064772-3830826511-58978.png

Just pointing out that WindGodAcheron refered to the spear in his universally accepted blog. Furthermore, GoW: Ascension Artbook outright confirms that those weapons are supposed to be super over the top, as well as expending the lore:
wEqNmET.png

The spear statement is vastly clearer than the hammer’s statement. One is saying a direct fact, with clear wording, while the other says a common hyperbole. Ignoring how that statement isn’t even supporting the tier you are arguing for. If “the weight of the world” is serious, swinging this hammer would probably get 5-A results since it would be the weight of the world, as in the whole planet. Though I disagree with using this statement at all. The spear is clear and well defined, while the hammer isn’t.

The spear statement is vastly clearer than the hammer’s statement. One is saying a direct fact, with clear wording, while the other says a common hyperbole. Ignoring how that statement isn’t even supporting the tier you are arguing for. If “the weight of the world” is serious, swinging this hammer would probably get 5-A results since it would be the weight of the world, as in the whole planet. Though I disagree with using this statement at all. The spear is clear and well defined, while the hammer isn’t.
Since when "weight of the world behind it" is a "common hyperbole", even in GoW universe?
Every item in the multiplayer is supposed to expand the lore, to "tell a story". So even if the wording isn't as in-your-face as with the spear, the overall message is clear-cut.

As for the tier, you might've noticed the "At least" part? You know why I put it? Beceuse:
1. Kratos, while stronger than the Redeemed Warrior, does not possess the Atlas' Hammer, so he wouldn't benefit from the combination of his own strenght with the weight of the Hammer, resulting in (most likely) lower Attack Pottency than the Redeemed Warrior with the Hammer.
2. I'm not a calc expert, so I've decided to play it safe.

Yeah. The spear statement is better.

It's just me I think, but I feel really iffy upgrading GOW series by statements. I know it's silly, but the game itself seems so consistent and with more direct statements about Multi-Continental stuff, but the descriptions and statements just up that to massive levels and quite consistently. Again, it is the right thing, but it just feels weird for me.

Since when "weight of the world behind it" is a "common hyperbole", even in GoW universe?
Since always. I've lost the amount of times in fiction, hell, even some times in real life, that people say that kind of stuff as a form of flowery description, analogy, boasting, joke or what have you.

It is valid in this case, but it has to be pointed out.

Weight of the world is a common hyperbole, it is just usually used in a different context. Like ‘someone has the weight of the world on their shoulders’ meaning they are saving their personal world from something or someone, for example.

The message isn’t clear cut though, having the weight of the world behind you can mean many things that don’t necessarily mean the hammer’s literal weight.

While it usually is good to play it safe, you are playing it way too safe with this statement. Kratos literally couldn’t backscale into high 6-A from the tier this hammer would give. Since weight of the world can’t refer to only the surface, and swinging anything with earth’s weight at any decent speed is going to get 5-B to 5-A results

Last edited:
I just did a really rough calc of the feat, massively lowballing it to assume the player swings the hammer at the same speed as a regular sledgehammer or 4 m/s I got 1 zettaton or slightly above baseline small planet level results. I’ll gather up all the math I did right now. It seems most people agree that the hammer does weigh as much as earth, though maybe they don’t, I don’t know.

Edit: Earth is 5.972 × 10^24 kg and plugging that into a kinetic energy calculator assuming the player can swing the hammer at 4 m/s since that’s the speed of a regular sledgehammer we get: 4.72E+25 Joules as a result or one Zettaton if the conversion calculator is correct.

Edit 2: just watched the gameplay of the hammer and they definitely swing it much faster than 4 m/s, but I won’t know how to calc the swing speed. Just know we can’t compare the hammer to any of the projectiles in the game like lightning or arrows because Bloodborne’s ap calc that did something similar has been rejected as non legitimate.

Last edited:
Weight of the world is a common hyperbole, it is just usually used in a different context. Like ‘someone has the weight of the world on their shoulders’ meaning they are saving their personal world from something or someone, for example.

The message isn’t clear cut though, having the weight of the world behind you can mean many things that don’t necessarily mean the hammer’s literal weight.
This is the Hammer of Atlas we're talking about. ATLAS. Lifting the world/heavens is literally his thing. Yes, what could possibly the devs had in mind when they were writting that...

4.72E+25 is High 6-A; it is not near Zettatons.

The speed changes seem fine.
It is preferable if a calculation exists for the tiering. Though, if one used the PE of energy of the hammer itself it is High 6-A and when the height of the user is taken into account it is higher-end High 6-A.
I am neutral on the tiering changes but I also think they seem fine at a glance especially since the weapon looks canon from the blog linked earlier,

Since it says “weight of the world behind it” rather than just plainly saying how much it weighs, like how the spear describes its strength. The weight of the world can be a generic hyperbole for power. I can see where you are coming from here, I just don’t think it is enough for an upgrade by this sites standards.

4.72E+25 is High 6-A; it is not near Zettatons.

The speed changes seem fine.
It is preferable if a calculation exists for the tiering. Though, if one used the PE of energy of the hammer itself it is High 6-A and when the height of the user is taken into account it is higher-end High 6-A.
I am neutral on the tiering changes but I also think they seem fine at a glance especially since the weapon looks canon from the blog linked earlier,
I see the conversion calculator was wrong then. Also potential energy probably would be better here like you pointed out.

Well, Atlas does lift up the entire surface area of the Earth yes, which was calculated at High 6-A, but doesn't he do that in his 3-A/High 3-A/Low 2-C key? The statement also appears to be referring to Atlas and not his hammer's weight. But at the moment, it appears to be treated as a universal feat due to some of the "Lore" statements. But there are some conflictions that have been brought up.

Well he not only holds up the flat continental plate....but the cosmos above it too....hence he has universal LS.

His AP itself comes from simple scaling since he is the strongest Titan afterall...even a bit stronger than Cronus I believe who created time....which is a Low2C feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back