• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War - Ascension Kratos and the Redeemed Warrior Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
But...the MFTL+ ratings come from Fate sisters who manage threads of countless organisms and rivers and rocks and all that jazz....thats bare minimum calculated to be trillions of FTL iirc...which maybe more impressive if they also control threads of those in Underworld which is infinite plain....so straight up infinite speed

Then theres Hermes feat of collecting dreams of every human in one run...

That is not counting the infinite speed for Helios or Hermes.....which after Pokemon just got accepted thiers....we deserve it too...

And where is twitter statements used for GoW speeds on profile?? I need to know.

Why does it make no sense when all of the god tiers scale to MFTL+? That doesn’t make it an outlier at all.
And what feat do we use to scale the God Tiers exactly?

Seriously, I’ve been playing the games with my partner recently and I don’t see anything near that

I believe we justified it with the Thread of Fate but I’ve never seen an actual calc for this and it’s ignoring the Fates have Time Manipulation

There’s also the Valkyries but the problem is that’s assuming they do this via raw speed and not just the Bifrost or whatever which we see is used for other interdimensional travel (In fact I'm pretty sure it's the only method aside from the Unity Stone)
But...the MFTL+ ratings come from Fate sisters who manage threads of countless organisms and rivers and rocks and all that jazz....thats bare minimum calculated to be trillions of FTL iirc...which maybe more impressive if they also control threads of those in Underworld which is infinite plain....so straight up infinite speed
Except that's barely quantifiable since we have no idea what gets a thread
Does every single rock get one?
What about grains of dust?
Is it just for Greece or does it stretch into Egypt and if so does it stretch to Persia and the Barbarian Lands?

It also ignores the Fates blatantly exhibit Time Manipulation and Time Slow/Stop so It's ambiguous whether this is indicative of their true speed or just what they can work with under those conditions.

The Underworld being Infinite was also rejected for a while which is why they aren't infinite anymore
Then theres Hermes feat of collecting dreams of every human in one run...

That is not counting the infinite speed for Helios or Hermes.....which after Pokemon just got accepted thiers....we deserve it too...
Helios was rejected for years and Hermes is problematic for a few reasons. Is this just Dream Manipulation or does he run to literally every person in the GOW universe?

It doesn't helo that we have no idea of
  • How far Hermes' range expands
  • How many people actually live in the GOW Universe at a given time
And where is twitter statements used for GoW speeds on profile?? I need to know.
Twitter is less used for the statements but in general tiering
What even if the argument here? That light speed as a whole in the verse is an outlier? It's only short bursts, and it's a stripped down version of the very same move Zeus uses in GoW 2/3. The reference of Hyperion in the move itself, the previous embodiment of the sun and wielder of the primordial flame, is quite telling by itself with it channeling his power. The fact it's WoG stated the over the top descriptions are meant to be taken literal, on top of the fact they are bestowed these powers and abilities by the god tiers in the verse with feats to back them up, is enough. It's an ability tied speed burst, it's not their overall speed. It's temporary.
The thing is if Zeus' move is a godly version of Hyperion's Essence it'd imply he can move at FTL and Kratos never has trouble keeping up with him and this is ignoring the WOG that Castor and Pollux are much faster (implying they'd be FTL). Even if it's just temporary for the Warrior it has huge wider implications for the speed of the verse

Actually, Hellbeast brought up a solid point, so I agree with him.
Is this in regard to the tiering for Ascension Kratos or in regard to the speed?

In b4 we want tier 8 kratos back and kratos doesn't bust universes on-screen.
I know your joking of course but just in case someone tries.....

That's a strawman argument and if downgrades happen Kratos and co will likely return to being High Tier 6

The only way Kratos would be Tier 8 is if Ascension gets heavy downgrades

Uranus’ own movement speed and the sisters being able to manipulate every single thread across all of existence. There’s arguably more if the underworld’s size is legit, point is claiming the Speed of Light feat is not legit because it’s not a majority of the characters speed feats despite the god tiers themselves being MFTL+ is stupid. If you have a problem with their ratings then make a CRT. If not then try to debunk the speed of light movement from the redeemed warrior

I know, I’m asking Hellbeast to debunk the speed of light beyond just saying 90% of the feats aren’t that fast and don’t elaborate on it.

Uranus’ own movement speed and the sisters being able to manipulate every single thread across all of existence. There’s arguably more if the underworld’s size is legit, point is claiming the Speed of Light feat is not legit because it’s not a majority of the characters speed feats despite the god tiers themselves being MFTL+ is stupid. If you have a problem with their ratings then make a CRT. If not then try to debunk the speed of light movement from the redeemed warrior
I've already mentioned the Sisters so read my comment on that please.

I also have to question why we're scaling anyone from Uranus, who by far has the best feat in the Greek Saga that we're not either inventing or pulling from a Twitter thread.

There is a statement about the Blades of Chaos possessing Primordial level power but there's issues with this
  • This implies we believe Kratos is already Universe level as a Demigod, which ***** scaling
  • This comes from the novelization for GOW 1 which came out three years before the additional lore on the Primordials was ever given to us
  • The novel also has other discrepancies such as stating Chaos was a plane brought to Order by Ouranos rather then a physical being which is directly contradicted by Ascension showing otherwise
  • We're assuming this implies comparability to Ouranos despite the fact the only evidence for Primordials being equal is a Twitter statement from Ariel Lawerence, completely ignoring the historical Primordial Thanatos being nowhere near the others
  • The fact that the God Helios is empowered by "Primordial Fire"
It's frankly terrible scaling to bother scaling them to Ouranos and flies in the face of the much more consistent range we see them in

The Underworld's size is also not legit and has been considered this for years.

If you're so convinced the scaling of MFTL+ is so consistent then surely there's more then two feats across six games, two novels, a comic series and a Multiplayer mode with additional lore.

In which case please provide them and then I can go through my point of why Light Speed scaling is whack

Last edited:
Gonna meme

Kratos has time manip, Thus his speed should be unknown Since that makes all speed feats and scalling meaningless.

Kratos:
AP: Building LvL (Can kill large monsters)
Speed: Unknown, likely Sub Boat Level. Has Time Manipulation.
Ouranos:
AP: Unknown (Has no AP feats), Solar System Level creation (Created the GoW universe which is evidently far smaller than our own).

In all seriousness, and to no longer derail from OP's true intention, this is just more disbelief that's been here since GoW originally got upgraded in 2019.
All of this can be answered in these multiple page threads where all these arguments have been made:
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/god-of-war-greek-pantheon-revisions.41921/
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/god-of-war-norse-pantheon-revisions.40644/
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/kratos-tier-2-c-downgrade.43664/

There's also the blogs made for both pantheons in full detail:
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WindGodAcheron/God_of_War:_Explaining_the_Tiers
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/God_of_War:Myths_of_the_Norse(Cosmology_Blog)

I already said there's arguably more, those are the only ones I'm aware of atm, did you conveniently ignore that part of my comment when I made it?

Gonna meme

Kratos has time manip, Thus his speed should be unknown Since that makes all speed feats and scalling meaningless.

Kratos:
AP: Building LvL (Can kill large monsters)
Speed: Unknown, likely Sub Boat Level. Has Time Manipulation.
Ouranos:
AP: Unknown (Has no AP feats), Solar System Level creation (Created the GoW universe which is evidently far smaller than our own).
Nice strawman.
If you aren't going to contribute to the actual discussion then please don't bother replying
In all seriousness, and to no longer derail from OP's true intention, this is just more disbelief that's been here since GoW originally got upgraded in 2019.
All of this can be answered in these multiple page threads where all these arguments have been made:
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/god-of-war-greek-pantheon-revisions.41921/
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/god-of-war-norse-pantheon-revisions.40644/
-https://vsbattles.com/threads/kratos-tier-2-c-downgrade.43664/

There's also the blogs made for both pantheons in full detail:
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WindGodAcheron/God_of_War:_Explaining_the_Tiers
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/God_of_War:Myths_of_the_Norse(Cosmology_Blog)
Yes I've seen those threads and while I initially agreed with that reasoning, there's tons of holes and I also don't believe anyone argued the Fates point

I already said there's arguably more, those are the only ones I'm aware of atm, did you conveniently ignore that part of my comment when I made it?
If you're only aware of two feats and using just that sample size to push for MFTL+ everyone over the lower feats then I'd suggest coming back here when you've increased that sample.

As for my feats I've found 10 (I'm attempting to locate scans for the Artemis example) in the last five minutes that seem far less then the two you're using to argue.

And these are all the god tiers, not the Demigod tier that Kratos and the Redeemed Warrior would reliably scale to

I can live with FTL for the fastest characters such as Hermes and Zeus but MFTL+? Absolutely a stretch

Last edited:
Helios' light brighten up the entire underworld which last time I checked, is stated to be endless in size. So that alone makes anyone who reacts to helios' light far higher than FTL. And again, they're all rated as MFTL+, if you have a problem with them rated that high then make a CRT, if you're not going to then stop bringing up FTL being an outlier when they have their own feats on a whole nother level.

Helios' light brighten up the entire underworld which last time I checked, is stated to be endless in size. So that alone makes anyone who reacts to helios' light far higher than FTL. And again, they're all rated as MFTL+, if you have a problem with them rated that high then make a CRT, if you're not going to then stop bringing up FTL being an outlier when they have their own feats on a whole nother level.
Which last time I checked was rejected which is why no one is Immesurable

Well you see me having an issue is why I brought them up here.

You sidestepping the issue of actually showing me MFTL feats other then the above three you've repeated also isn't a good sign

Where was it rejected? Can you show me exactly where cause I don't recall that being the case.

This thread is only about the redeemed warrior, not about ALL of god of war's god tiers scaling. Make a separate thread regarding them if you're questioning the god tiers ratings cause that's where they're at right now.

I already told you the sisters of fate and uranus feat, how's that me sidestepping the issue?

Where was it rejected? Can you show me exactly where cause I don't recall that being the case.
I'll try and find it but I do recall we had them at Infinite when we initially upgraded them, before downgrading them to Massively FTL
This thread is only about the redeemed warrior, not about ALL of god of war's god tiers scaling. Make a separate thread regarding them if you're questioning the god tiers ratings cause that's where they're at right now.
Oh I'm focusing on the Redeemed Warrior, my point on the rest of the speed scaling is simply to establish how ridiculous the OP's proposal is
I already told you the sisters of fate and uranus feat, how's that me sidestepping the issue?
The sidestep is you haven't provided any feats other then those three, all of which have their own issues, while simultaneously chiding me for simply saying it's not consistent (Which is untrue since I actually provided sources)

Pretty sure they were infinite speed because of timeless void.

you barely explained how they have issues aside from "how does uranus scale to others" despite the titans and kratos fighting the primordials, the sisters of fate having time manipulation doesn't debunk the feat cause they're actively controlling the threads, there's no mention whatsoever of them trying to hop through the portals through time to control everyone's fates unless you have any scans and text that explains them? Cause Kep explained here on the feat.

All of those feats, are they ever stated to be at their max speed or not? If not then that doesn't debunk the MFTL+ feats. This is the same logic as trying to claim DBZ isn't faster than light cause there's a bunch of feats showing them to be not that fast and ignore any and all context in these feats.

Pretty sure they were infinite speed because of timeless void.
Perhaps, I'll have to check
you barely explained how they have issues aside from "how does uranus scale to others" despite the titans and kratos fighting the primordials
The titans didn't find the Primordials, the Primordials destroyed themselves and we see statements that Cronos bested his father Ouranos
Secondly if you're referring to Thanatos then congratulations, I get to prove you wrong

There's absolutely no reason to believe Thanatos is remotely comparable to the Primordials (One is a collection of nebulae and the other is an edgy boi) and there's no evidence he even is a Primordial in this continuity.

So either Thanatos is evidence that the main Primordials we see in Ascension are a league unto themselves or you dont actually have an instrance of Kratos fighting on par with Primordials at all

the sisters of fate having time manipulation doesn't debunk the feat cause they're actively controlling the threads, there's no mention whatsoever of them trying to hop through the portals through time to control everyone's fates unless you have any scans and text that explains them? Cause Kep explained here on the feat.
They actively control the threads but I'm pointing out we have no reason to assume this is via raw speed since these characters blatantly have the means to manipulate the flow of time.

It also doesn't help that
  1. There is no calc for this so we've slapped a value on a feat arbitrarily
  2. It might damn well be unquantifiable considering non living stuff is covered by the threads.
  3. It's "so far into MFTL it isn't funny" actually adds credence to the idea it's an outlier
All of those feats, are they ever stated to be at their max speed or not? If not then that doesn't debunk the MFTL+ feats. This is the same logic as trying to claim DBZ isn't faster than light cause there's a bunch of feats showing them to be not that fast and ignore any and all context in these feats.
  • We see Perses is tagged by Helios blasts during the scripted cutscene and I believe during the actual fight setpiece and considering the battle is so evenly matched there's no reason for either combatant to not move at full speed
  • Ares is visibly shocked by Zeus' lightning in the novel
  • Artemis has no other speed feat
  • Athena was moving with urgency to stop Kratos' suicide
  • Zeus was actively trying to get Kratos in a place he could deal with him and his motivated by years of fear for his throne
  • Poseidon was moving to kill a Titan
  • The Leviathan has no other feat
  • Hercules has no other feat and is actively motivated by a decade's worth of envy and hatred towards Kratos
Hermes was, admittedly, injured so he could definitely have been faster in his prime
That is a very poor example. Dragonball has dozens of MFTL+ feats over the course of it's lifecycle and actual statements the characters are growing faster.
GOW has two feats with massive holes that sit in an ocean of MHS+ - Relativistic feats with one SOL feat in between

If two feats and 10 feats have vastly different takes on the speed for these characters, pray tell, why should we use the two?

I'll try and find it but I do recall we had them at Infinite when we initially upgraded them, before downgrading them to Massively FTL
The feat was deemed an outlier...not that Underworld was rejected as infinite....even if I strawman you and say that it was finite ....it would still be massively FTL+ likely in High Quads for Light travelling the standard universal radius in short time frame if not instant...
And it isn't a lone feat....I think I scrounge up more...there is one involving Kratos vs Thanatos fight happening in ZERO time...and Fate threads could also support it further .... but I'll need to research a bit on whether Underworld is also involved or not.

The fact that GoW is 3A and not High3A despite existance of Underworld is laughable....no wonder the profiles are so outdated.

Speaking of Fates feat....the feat of them controlling threads is impressive because they simultaneously juggle those large number of threads ....no manner of time manip is going to make the job easier....this is not a feat of work overtime divided by time frame.
This is purely a "power" feat...if you understand my analogy..or a instantaneous velocity feat.....not a avg velocity feat.

Power is basically work divided by time...
But Fates have "power" output per instant which is massively large (instantaneous power)...hence MFTL+. Time manip doesn't alter your instantaneous "power" or velocity....it just allows you to move more distance for a given instantaneous speed because you have more time frame.

This all assuming that they even use time manip for the feat....which I need you show me.

The feat was deemed an outlier...not that Underworld was rejected as infinite....even if I strawman you and say that it was finite ....it would still be massively FTL+ likely in High Quads for Light travelling the standard universal radius in short time frame if not instant...
In that case it's inadmissable as evidence.
And it isn't a lone feat....I think I scrounge up more...there is one involving Kratos vs Thanatos fight happening in ZERO time...and Fate threads could also support it further .... but I'll need to research a bit on whether Underworld is also involved or not.
I'm curious what you mean by ZERO time for Thanatos
The fact that GoW is 3A and not High3A despite existance of Underworld is laughable....no wonder the profiles are so outdated.

Speaking of Fates feat....the feat of them controlling threads is impressive because they simultaneously juggle those large number of threads ....no manner of time manip is going to make the job easier....this is not a feat of work overtime divided by time frame.
This is purely a "power" feat...if you understand my analogy..or a instantaneous velocity feat.....not a avg velocity feat.

Power is basically work divided by time...
But Fates have "power" output per instant which is massively large (instantaneous power)...hence MFTL+. Time manip doesn't alter your instantaneous "power" or velocity....it just allows you to move more distance for a given instantaneous speed because you have more time frame.

This all assuming that they even use time manip for the feat....which I need you show me.
All of this ignores there's no actual way to actually quantify the Fates here because you would need to account for every stray stone from Greece to Egypt while also having no concrete population figures for the Greek world.

Where's the proof he's NOT comparable to the primordials when it's stated the primordials fought back in the day? You literally have a statement in his realm where it's stated he existed before the titans and the olympians, something that only applies to the primordials, and he has a transformed state that makes him more of a primordial than his "edgy form" so using his looks to discredit his status is ridiculous.

Explain how it's an outlier when they're top tiers in the verse.

Again, Helios has enough lore indication to imply the light he shoots is far faster than normal light, so unless the underworld statements are proven wrong, they are legit higher than FTL.

Why exactly is he shocked? Is it because Zeus actually tried to attack him when previously it's stated gods cannot interfere in other god's business? Something athena explained to kratos in the first game as the main reason he's the one killing ares?

Ok, Dyspo has no other speed feat other than his light speed maneuver, by that logic no DBS character is faster than light up until that point cause that's the only noteworthy speed feat he has. This applies to every single "there's no other feat" statements you have.

Ok, how does that imply it's his fastest movement? Him trying to kill Kratos doesn't explain to me it's his fastest period when he just tackles kratos into the air.

No, DBS, which scales from the manga, has 2 major MFTL+ feats atm, the destruction of the universe and whis' travel speed. That's where everyone scales at for mainline canon, but other top tiers haven't shown that fast of a speed feat despite being willing to kill or being serious, so by that logic DBS is not that fast.

Anyways I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the week due to exams, I'll comment here when I get the free time.

Where's the proof he's NOT comparable to the primordials when it's stated the primordials fought back in the day? You literally have a statement in his realm where it's stated he existed before the titans and the olympians, something that only applies to the primordials, and he has a transformed state that makes him more of a primordial than his "edgy form" so using his looks to discredit his status is ridiculous.
The fact he visibly has no feat anywhere near the other Primordials and the fact he isn't shown or even mentioned as participating in the War at all.

No his transformed look is a big monster which still has no resemblance to the other gods.

There's absolutely nothing saying he's at all comparable unless you use the Twitter statement which is half the problem here
Explain how it's an outlier when they're top tiers in the verse.
Ok, the fact they have dozens of much lower feats and that it's only two feats that put them in the upper bounds of MFTL+
Again, Helios has enough lore indication to imply the light he shoots is far faster than normal light, so unless the underworld statements are proven wrong, they are legit higher than FTL.
The Underworld statement was seemingly deemed an outlier according to a fellow user so it'd be irrelevant
Meaning those blasts aren't legit higher then FTL
Why exactly is he shocked? Is it because Zeus actually tried to attack him when previously it's stated gods cannot interfere in other god's business? Something athena explained to kratos in the first game as the main reason he's the one killing ares?
Because of the blast hitting next to him, surprising him

Ares can't be surprised by the "other business" thing since it's a plot point he not only cares about that but is actively attempting to get around it by grooming Kratos as the ultimate killer.

Zeus also gives no reason for Ares to think he's going for the kill here other then the blast which is clearly a warning shot.
Ok, Dyspo has no other speed feat other than his light speed maneuver, by that logic no DBS character is faster than light up until that point cause that's the only noteworthy speed feat he has. This applies to every single "there's no other feat" statements you have.
Dyspo also has scaling with Light speed characters and chains of multiplication above FTL
Let's keep the focus on GOW shall we?
Ok, how does that imply it's his fastest movement? Him trying to kill Kratos doesn't explain to me it's his fastest period when he just tackles kratos into the air.
Why would he not be going at full speed?
This is someone he's been terrified of for 10 years, someone Zeus had to break his own rule to remove, who had just come back through time after his death only to say he just killed the arbiters of Destiny for the setting

Him not going all out to kill Kratos is just dumb and I'd like you to show me evidence of Zeus somehow holding back here

It also doesn't help that most of my examples simply further the narrative and you notably left them without response
No, DBS, which scales from the manga, has 2 major MFTL+ feats atm, the destruction of the universe and whis' travel speed. That's where everyone scales at for mainline canon, but other top tiers haven't shown that fast of a speed feat despite being willing to kill or being serious, so by that logic DBS is not that fast.
Then make a CRT for that verse and we can continue with this
Anyways I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the week due to exams, I'll comment here when I get the free time.
All g man, hope your exams go well

Last edited:
There are currently doubts about the current reasons for the Massively FTL+ ratings; it's just assuming that traveling to other universes is assume to be crossing the distance of multiple observable universes like a quilted multiverse. Which DontTalkDT wrote rules against assuming that; and that feats like that cannot be assumed anything beyond dimensional travel. I know Kep was confident the cast was that fast, he at least admits the current reasons for it are pretty weak. But in general, the current god tier ratings of the God of War cast are messy due to an overreliance on Twitter posts that strongly contradict various in game showings.

There are apparently Cosmic feats in some of the more recent Novels, which may save 3-A and possibly the speed ratings. But I have not read the novels myself, and those should be prioritized instead of random author statements.
Agreed.

Anyway, what are your conclusions here so far?

Well the Light speed boost only applies to Redeemed Warrior....and its only a dash maneuver at that, not entire speed.

And its not an outlier considering MFTL+ Speeds of God Tiers...
Redeemed Warrior is fodder tier afterall.

All that is left is for OP to create the Calc Blog for AP and LS.

So basically that.

Please write a summary regarding the arguments that is easy to evaluate.

The conclusion is that Hellbeast, while claiming that he doesn't really care about all of this, writes over a dozen posts about matters completely unrelated to the topic at hand, effectively deralying the thread, instead of creating a separate CRT.
And instead of debating me you’ve just resorted to this
As for the topic at hand, here's the conclusion.
As for Conclusions

I can live with Speed of Light for the Warrior but I’m firmly against Multi-Continent and Ascension Hercules

The latter only comes from an ambiguously canonical battle and the former is pretty damn dodgy for reasons I’ve mentioned above

It also implies Redeemed is top tier for using all these super powerful weapons when we all agree he’s trash

Also might I suggest by downgrades for Ascension Kratos?

Most of the reasoning is based on the Furies, who warp reality with illusions and stuff to create storms and recreate city of Sparta

Even ignoring the fact these are repeatedly referenced as illusions, we’d be scaling Reality Warping to physicals despite the fact there’s no sign of a universal energy source they’re using here nor any objectively physical feats that put them in this range (hell much less then this is able to harm them fine)

The next feat is the Fury Queen’s death destabilising her fortress which wouldn’t scale to her physicals or offensive power under our new system

You might try to debunk me on this by bringing up the chain of islands feat, impressive but the problem is this island is much, much smaller then the baseline and thus much worse as a feat (someone should calcs this)

Kratos does have a weapon with the power of a Typhoon but because this comes from a weapon and his actual physicals, while impressive are less then this, it probably should just be noted as a higher with weapons.

Okay. So can somebody summarise the arguments and who agree to what please?

I already did Ant. We agreed to SoL redeemed warrior.

High 6-A via the hammer moving continents and having the weight of the world is still up in the air.

Well, that was not an informative summary, but okay then.

Okay. So who agree to what here? Can somebody write a list please?

Basically everyone seems to be fine with the SOL for the Warrior (only with the ability tho) but the Multi-Continent is up in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back