• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of Thunder vs God of Therapy

Thor and Tyr are roughly the same in physicals, both scaling slightly below Ragnarok Kratos and being considered as among his most powerful opponents.

But Tyr has the advantage in almost everything else. He has far more varied magic, better combat experience and skill, and is well aware of what Thor is fully capable of, when the same cannot be said for the latter.

Thor does have flight and a massive range advantage but he fights at close ranges more often than not. He also has better endurance for what that's worth.

Tyr takes this handily.

Yeah Tyr is more versatile in magic(He's got multiple kinds of Magic while Thor just has various lightning stuff), more versatile in melee
Wielding a spear and shield, an Ōdachi or Katana, two Khopeshes, and an Macuahuitl modeled with Maywn deities on it

It's an Unga Bunga brawler vs a guy that can
pull different weapons out of thin air to beat the devil out of individuals in like 10 different ways and swapping between those ways quickly

I uh, I don't think that AoE is actually useful because Thor just doesn't use it fast enough lol

Tyr FRA. Planck pretty much said everything I was gonna say.

Eight votes this can be added I guess. Just wondering is Kratos in Valhalla stronger than Ragnarok since he has
The Blade of Olympus. Well at least a manifestation of it.

Voting for Tyr due to his greater range of weaponry, experience, and versatility compared to Thor. It'd be hard for Thor to adapt to all the different weapons from the different mythologies Tyr's collected over the years. I do think Thor scales slightly above Tyr in terms of AP, but not enough to make a difference.

Back