• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of Highschool Upgrade Version 2! Supreme God Boogaloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently the scans in the sandbox aren’t google translate scans since you made it a point to show how google translate scans don’t match the images in the sandbox.

The scan simply matches the translation Karma provided for us
This scan in the OP is Google translation not Karmas. Also from what i see it looks like fake from universes thing. I couldn't find a single machine translation stating that. Also i am not saying Google translation is correct. Manhwa is already over and I just want to be 100% sure on the translation so I am suggesting to request the translation in Wiki Translation thread. Why you people ducking so bad If you are 100% sure Karma translation is accurate.

Given how you have explained the situation, I think "the entire universe" or "the whole universe" would also fit. Especially if you consider the future context where Xuanzang specifically talks about bringing balance to "the Universe"
I've considered "whole" aswell, as 모든 can also mean that, according to the dictionary. What made me choose "all" is the fact that koreans don't really use this word for "whole". They prefer "전부" as a quantifier and "전체" as an adjective for it instead.

When you want to say "whole universe", you say "전체 우주".
"All universes" is "모든 우주", as shown in the scans.

바나나는 전체가 노랗다.
Banana's whole body is yellow.

모든 지원자가 남자이다.
All of the candidates are men.

I've considered "whole" aswell, as 모든 can also mean that, according to the dictionary. What made me choose "all" is the fact that koreans don't really use this word for "whole". They prefer "전부" as a quantifier and "전체" as an adjective for it instead.
However, "whole" is more consistent with later mentions of bringing balance to "the Universe" ... So, I think that might be more appropriate, even if it is an odd choice of words

However, "whole" is more consistent with later mentions of bringing balance to "the Universe" ... So, I think that might be more appropriate, even if it is an odd choice of words
It's "might be more appropriate" versus grammar and speech. Which one would you trust more?

Because he needs to bring balance to the universe that's in most danger right now, aka his own universe. I thought others explained it before?
This is an extrapolation really. What we actually have on panel is one mention of "all universes" by Xuanzang, which could also be translated as "the whole universe" and immediately afterward there are 2-3 mentions of bringing balance to "the Universe" ... at no point is it emphasized that Mori has to fix "his" Universe on priority

This is an extrapolation really. What we actually have on panel is one mention of "all universes" by Xuanzang, which could also be translated as "the whole universe" and immediately afterward there are 2-3 mentions of bringing balance to "the Universe" ... at no point is it emphasized that Mori has to fix "his" Universe on priority
1. His Universe is actually broken, dimensional cracks are literally across the universe. Xuanzang says there is no time and asked him on what he wants to do and it is on priority, why do you think he had to leave everyone to take care of the situation, if he does not stop now it'll cause serious damage, he's the only on that can do it and govern the balance. Even leaving his own family and friends, broke this announcement to everybody, and then they're reeking havoc on Earth, the God Fragments (as seen with Mira, Daewi, Uma, and everyone else). Along with the sixth letter as they're duplicating. 2. Also its not an extrapolation, it is said he can govern all of the universes and all of creation as stated & translated, yes those 2-3 mentions is literally describing his own universe, she says this, specifically, and as well as that. "Creating balance in the universe" aka his own, even said "or will you loose your power and return to the world". Which is describing his own world that he lived on with his friends and family. From their (Mori 's and Mujin's) battle it caused dimensional cracks in his own universe, and again she says "... who restores balance to the universe." It's mandatory priority on his end to restore balance in the universe which is his. A, and B, its his own universe Xuanzang is describing right now because its highly in danger. And C, he's capable to govern the Universes as per @karma 's translations. So he has access to the others, just his is in most danger.

Last edited:
1. His Universe is actually broken, dimensional cracks are literally across the universe. Xuanzang says there is no time and asked him on what he wants to do and it is on priority, why do you think he had to leave everyone to take care of the situation, if he does not stop now it'll cause serious damage, he's the only on that can do it and govern the balance. Even leaving his own family and friends, broke this announcement to everybody, and then they're reeking havoc on Earth, the God Fragments (as seen with Mira, Daewi, Uma, and everyone else). Along with the sixth letter as they're duplicating. 2. Also its not an extrapolation, it is said he can govern all of the universes and all of creation as stated & translated, yes those 2-3 mentions is literally describing his own universe, she says this, specifically, and as well as that. "Creating balance in the universe aka his own, even said "or will you loose your power and return to the world". From their (Mori 'sand Mujin's) battle it caused dimensional cracks in his own, and again she says "... who restores balance to the universe." It's mandatory priority on his end to restore balance in the universe which is his. A, and B, its his own universe Xuanzang is describing right now because its highly in danger. And C, he's capable to govern the Universes as per @karma 's translations. So he has access to the others, just his is in most danger.
This whole thing is extrapolation based on a bad reading of the final chapter

Yeah balance to the universe is mentioned atleast twice I can confirm it.

Anyway I will ask Ant to tag some staff later wait.

This whole thing is extrapolation based on a bad reading of the final chapter
What more do I need to actually say here, "will you create balance in the universe..., return to the world" (his own world she's describing here). You know the one that all of his friends and family is in? Yeah, its describing his only thus far. Along with this, the battle with Mujin caused dimensional cracks, along with the fairies. "... who restores balance to the universe." Do you see what I mean? So again 1. Only his universe has these cracks, he's gotta take care of them. 2. Its obvious Xuanzang is prioritizing the universe she watches Mori over. 3. Didn't mention other universes because his is the one most in danger right now. 4. She said literally he can govern all of the universes, his is the most important right now, the one he resides in. 5. This is not contradicting anything, she says he can govern the universes as a benefit in Nirvana and as a Spirit, its obvious enough she's focused on the main one as of that moment.

What more do I need to actually say here, "will you create balance in the universe..., return to the world" (his own world she's describing here). You know the one that all of his friends and family is in? Yeah, its describing his only thus far. Along with this, the battle with Mujin caused dimensional cracks, along with the fairies. "... who restores balance to the universe." Do you see what I mean? So again 1. Only his universe has these cracks, he's gotta take care of them. 2. Its obvious Xuanzang is prioritizing the universe she watches Mori over. 3. Didn't mention other universes because his is the one most in danger right now. 4. She said literally he can govern all of the universes, his is the most important right now, the one he resides in. 5. This is not contradicting anything, she says he can govern the universes as a benefit in Nirvana and as a Spirit, its obvious enough she's focused on the main one as of that moment.

Let's clarify some things.

Xuanzang gives Mori a choice. He can either:

A. Cut all of his worldly ties and become an all-powerful god that brings balance to the Universe

Or

B. Return to the world and wage a never-ending war against God fragments that come through the dimensional cracks and the fairies

Mori rejects the choice saying that he wants to do both and returns to his companions. He becomes a supreme god without cutting his ties with the world.

The important part of course, is that in the actual text, the risks to Mori's Universe are specifically mentioned together with the choice to return to the world and NOT with the choice to become a Buddha - This is why I say that your understanding is an extrapolation based on a bad reading of the (second to) last chapter

Agree with Low 2C.

But disgree with 2C. This comes from pure assumption nothing else. Feel free to post scans Mori affecting 2 timeline or more at the same time.
ah, yeah

I guess I didn't notice the alteration but in that case that should probably just stand by itself
I don't see how jin mori is low 2-C if he can't really do anything to a space time continuum at best 3-A is fine

She said something that can be translated as that OR as "he can govern the whole Universe"
You misread my sentence. Do I have to use baby words?

"모든", according to the dictionary, means both "all" and "whole", BUT IT'S NOT USED with the context of "whole" in korean sentences. If you want to say "whole" in korean, you say "전체".

I don't see how jin mori is low 2-C if he can't really do anything to a space time continuum at best 3-A is fine
Well if you consider the Nirvana state of mori is higher dimensional existence then uni+ is fine but low multi comes from big assumption which we don't use it in the wiki. Atleast as far as I have seen no other verses gets a Rating just because fans belives so.

You misread my sentence. Do I have to use baby words?

"모든", according to the dictionary, means both "all" and "whole", BUT IT'S NOT USED with the context of "whole" in korean sentences. If you want to say "whole" in korean, you say "전체".

Drop the aggression. Just because it is normally not used doesn't mean it can't be used. Moreover "whole" is more consistent with the later statements. You yourself have admitted that the phrase can be translated as "the whole universe" as well

This is what you had written. You specifically said that you chose "all" because it is more in line with how the language is commonly/preferably used. No other reason.

However writers are known to take liberties with language and "whole" is more appropriate within the context of the conversation

To summarize,

Reason to use "all" : common speaker preference

Reason to use "whole" : contextually consistent

Rest I think anyone can independently decide which they would prefer to use

I personally think the second is better and thus disagree with 2C

Drop the aggression. Just because it is normally not used doesn't mean it can't be used. Moreover "whole" is more consistent with the later statements. You yourself have admitted that the phrase can be translated as "the whole universe" as well
I said I "considered" because of the dictionary. I leaned towards "all" and not "whole" because of korean speech.

Also, what aggression? The fact that I keep explaining how in speech 모든 is used as "all" and not "whole", despite the definition, and you not getting it?

""whole" is more consistent with the later statements"

How, exactly? People have explained to you that Xuanzang's urgency of balancing the "main" universe is caused by it literally being cracked and worsening, constantly endangered by the 6th Letter and God Fragments.

What Xuanzang explained with governing all universes is just a PERK that comes with entering Nirvana/Paradise.

The sentence I've translated and Xuanzang saying things about balancing the universe have no correlation, therefore this isn't an issue of consistency.

@EldemadeDityjon

Google translate is also something very well known for making errors when translating and is often seen as unreliable, which is why we had @karma explain what each word in the sentence directly translated to and why the word was in plural form in the explanation.
Not to the point where 8 translations are same brother, now this became a little bit blind counter argument 💀☠️

I know dam well you know some of “your” translations say “All the universe and all things” if what said is true it would make perfect sense and grammatically accurate, that the translations would be all universes and all things but ok. It seem like you need this, now you’ve move on to a different point that completely stupid.. again

Last edited:
Theres ton of stuff that im not ok with. Maybe i will update this post later but I dont like repeating myself (Im new here, but im pretty sure ive already meet you guys somewhere else, hehe.)

Im not really familiar with the standards here and its true, there isnt much proof when it comes to universal stuff. However ... anyone familiar with karma and what it means once you attain nirvana, Jin should be at least universal but im not sure if his ap/durability should be upgraded to universal since GoH characters never scaled - stats wise - to the weapons/hax.

I have debunked the "Xuanzang was talking about Mori's Universe because of urgency" talking point with relevant citations from the actual text yet you people continue your delusions
You haven’t not debunk anything or even what I said your last statement was dead on counter to @Hatredd but ok.I’ve already been saying y’all people interpret things differently like in the dumbest ways possible like you strive away from sense.

Like Korea translation about singular and plural.
All the universes and all things. ❌
All the universe and all things ✅
Like wonder if y’all talk like this real life but ok.
I think I’ve said everything that’s needed to be said

Last edited:
Theres ton of stuff that im not ok with. Maybe i will update this post later but I dont like repeating myself (Im new here, but im pretty sure ive already meet you guys somewhere else, hehe.)

Im not really familiar with the standards here and its true, there isnt much proof when it comes to universal stuff. However ... anyone familiar with karma and what it means once you attain nirvana, Jin should be at least universal but im not sure if his ap/durability should be upgraded to universal since GoH characters never scaled - stats wise - to the weapons/hax.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-g...d-4-post-anime-apocalypse.107580/post-5202201

I think this will explain it for you, hopefully.

I have debunked the "Xuanzang was talking about Mori's Universe because of urgency" talking point with relevant citations from the actual text yet you people continue your delusions
You haven't debunked anything. You misread the conversation between Mori and Xuanzang and started your arguments from this exact misunderstanding you've formed.

This is the order of events:

Mori reunites with Xuanzang, she introduces him to this place called "Heaven"/"Paradise". This is where she says "It's the place where those who reach Nirvana are capable of ruling over all universes and all of creation."

She then says "Will you choose the world or will you create balance in the universe? If you choose the world, you'll wage an endless battle with the soldiers and the beasts that will come through the dimensional cracks [...] along with the remaining fairies of the 6th Letter that are multiplying as we speak. However, if you decide to stay beyond Nirvana, you'll become a Buddha who restores balance to the universe."

Here, she is clearly reffering to the main universe; it's where the fight against Mubong happened. It's the one that currently needs to be fixed.

Mori already makes this urgency clear even without Xuanzang's statements:

Mori in 568: "If I don't stop it now, it'll create serious damage later. I'm the only one who can do it."
Mori in 567: (Daewi: "How's the situation?") "Not good... they keep showing up, even in outer space. Pieces of the gods are popping out of the dimensional cracks [...]"

TLDR: Xuanzang first introduces Mori to "Paradise". After this, she proceeds to address the state the main universe is in.

She then says "Will you choose the world or will you create balance in the universe? If you choose the world, you'll wage an endless battle with the soldiers and the beasts that will come through the dimensional cracks [...] along with the remaining fairies of the 6th Letter that are multiplying as we speak. However, if you decide to stay beyond Nirvana, you'll become a Buddha who restores balance to the universe."
Thank you for debunking yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back