• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Him "giving him trouble" was just hitting him with a sword. And he used hair to strangle him which isn't an attack potency feat. After all, strangling anyone with a wire is enough to kill them so doing that to a goblin would be troubling for him. But you're forgetting that when Shrek destroyed walls or sank boats, he was not even serious. Shrek is a skilled fighter able to take on multiple knights who I'll say it again, were able to survive a huge barrel of alcohol falling on them. Shrek one hit KO'd each one of them while messing around. The hit Goblin Slayer took from the ogre and the goblin champion was an instant KO which almost killed him. Shrek on the other hand was sent through walls and tossed around and hit with a lot of shit only to get up immediately as if nothing even happened. Shrek can **** up the entire party along with Goblin Slayer himself with ease. Right, there is also the fact that when Goblin Slayer fought with the goblin lord during that adventurer vs goblin war, he was getting his ass beat by him. And that guy isn't even as strong as the goblin champion. You can argue he was rusty after 1 month of not training, but then again, 1 month is an extremely small time for him to become that unskilled and weak. So yeah, RIP Goblin Slayer.

Get some calcs done

I'm not gonna argue about Shrek's AP and dura because I know that he's strong and can possibly beat GS with ease, but what I'm arguing is the GS's (weird) scaling.

The giving him trouble part that I'm referring to is GS choking the Champion. You say it's not an AP feat because it's using the hair, but it depends of the context. For example, if someone who is way too strong is getting choked by a weakling, the stronger one could just grab the weakling and toss him around, but if the strong one cannot do that, it's because the other one has enough strength to stay in that position. The Champion couldn't toss GS around because he was using his strength to stay behind the his back, so the champ had to find another way to get him off quickly. He tackled GS to a wall. You can say that the tackle is weaker than the mace, but I can even argue that the tackle is comparable to the Champ using his weapon considering the strength and the weight added to it. And even after that hit he still had the strength to stay in that position. The Champ was getting really desperate because he couldn't get rid of GS (you can even read his bubbles saying "Why doesn't he die?" "Get off me" "Hurry up and die")

He didn't damage the Champion with a sword, it was a spear. The champ got his arm hurt by the attack and he was forced to drop his weapon. That is an AP feat. Like I said before, GS is weaker than the Champ, he shouldn't get fully scaled from him, but the fact that he did this to the Champ still remains.

The ogre is actually way stronger than the Champ (the ogre already defeated silvers before with ease). GS's body should have turned into mush from that hit. He was still injured from that fight during the Goblin Lord arc, and the Lord didn't easily beat him. GS also damaged the Lord while he was weakened from the ogre fight.

I can see where you're coming from but the thing is Goblin Slayer hanging on the champion's back was like Chaozu when he hung onto Nappa. By that I mean it was a sort of cool never give up scene. As for the spear stab, it's not a feat. The spear is sharp and sharp things happen to be able to cut some stuff. Hell, you can cut wood with a piece of paper. And as for the fight with the goblin lord, he took a whole month of resting and healing and he even took some potions during the champion fight so he was in good shape. The only thing that was affecting him are his skills slightly deteriorating due to not being in action for a month. But his physical strength and stamina? They don't worsen in 1 month. They need at least 2 months before they start getting crappy. The goblin lord who ran away from adventurers who some were silver ranked was able to not only beat him, but send him flying a couple of times. If Priestess wasn't there to cast protection he would have died for sure. Shrek could uproot a tree, casually sink a ship with a wine bottle, break through metal doors with ease, knock out knights with one hit, and survive intense situations. I don't see Goblin Slayer beating him, let alone having time to use that water scroll. Hell, at this point him and his entire party would get slaughtered by Shrek.

What

Alright, tell me, real quick, where do you live with woodcutters using notebooks as axes

And also, do you understand how the site works? He tanked the hit from the Champion, he scales enough that he has a pretty large AP advantage over Shrek. He has healing. He has range.

Shrek's most notable feat was sinking the ship, which was calc'd and is accepted at lower than what GS has. Shrek has no range whatsoever and has no proven accuracy with thrown items (in fact is notably inaccurate).

So the advantages held by Goblin Slayer are a higher attack potency, a considerable range advantage, the ability to heal, and legitimate combat skill. The advantages held by Shrek are none.

You're making pre-formed assumptions about the series and how you think to interpret things. 's not what we do. Shrek loses here in my eyes.

By "tanked the champion" you mean "was instantly knocked out and on the verge of death"? Go on YouTube and watch shreks fight with the Knights and you'll see how he beats knights that survive a huge ass crater full of alcohol landing on them. You're saying he lacks combat experience? The dude has shown us on multiple occasions that he can beat the crap out of groups of trained soldiers like nothing. Also here are a few pictures that might change your mind

http://i.imgur.com/XeERXBX.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/8JnmtJs.gifv

https://youtu.be/T-zcYMniiPU

https://youtu.be/7vl2gNADuEA

http://i.imgur.com/Wy8VSsE.gifv

At this point I feel like you want goblin slayer to win because you prefer him over Shrek.

Still not convinced? Check these then:

1) Shrek is definitely strong enough to stab a sword into the stone flooring almost down to the hilt.

https://youtu.be/4-N8CfNEErA?t=102

2) Shrek tanks a fireball and farts deadstops another from leaving the dragon's mouth. Said fireball can blast through rock.

http://i.imgur.com/hrKysUB.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/B8AzFlo.gifv

3) Hears some hundred yards away.

http://i.imgur.com/JtkWRYJ.gifv

4) His roar can extinguish torches, his fingers as well.

https://youtu.be/dJJGd736Eyw

5) His roar can push people.

https://youtu.be/2U-9adr5ulY

6) Easily moves a large rock.

http://i.imgur.com/yosCxti.gifv

7) Pushes Fiona away with only his hand and fingers, barely any arm movement. Keep in mind Fiona isn't a pushover either.

http://i.imgur.com/oOKdW3G.gifv

8) Lifts the gate with one hand.

http://i.imgur.com/gJi3rEE.gifv

Size of the gate.

http://i.imgur.com/oaGOrKo.gifv

9) Pushed a big boat accidentally, and smashes through it with a champagne bottle.

http://i.imgur.com/B0m9vuI.gifv

10) Shoulder tackles his way through a wall of compressed earth or something.

http://i.imgur.com/JYTL5EA.gifv

11) Casually lifts a carriage.

http://i.imgur.com/qy1RBE9.gifv

12) Caught the broom of a flying witch.

http://i.imgur.com/Oppy1zF.gifv

The slayeris far weaker than the champion.

He got nearly one-shot by the two wall feats (Ogre and Champion). In the first case, he needed the cleric to heal him up with a potion.

In the second case, he's PTSD came out because one of his party members was about to be raped.

The champions feat is also done with an actual weapon and a proper swing, and slamming the slayer to the wall bey runnibg backwards should not be anywhere that powerfull.

Regardless of how I llok at it, GS does not have an AP advantage. He should also need prep for the ocean scroll, healing potions don't really heal him up that much (He's still half dead regardless) and his attacks should be weak enough to be more of a disturbance than anything.

Voting, as much as I dilike it, Shrek.

Assuming speed gets equalized and second round taken off.

these are memes I'm 200% certai

GS has tanked higher AP attacks than what Shrek has ever dished out, has range, and healing.

What

Tanked? He passed out both times, and needed healing to survive. He was only capable of keeping his consciousness because he's party members were about to be raped and he got a flashback to when he's sister got the same treatment, and even then the champions dura doesn't durectly scale to AP because it was using a weapon.

Took it uncomfortably, sure, but Shrek literally has half of the AP needed to do that, not to mention, again, GS' other advantages. By SBA, they start at max range, meaning GS really only has to snipe him.

Unconfortably doesn't begin to describe it. Being halg as strong as something that knocked him out is pretty damn good, especially without the cries of his party to wake him up.

He's attacks, like his sword, weren't even able to penetrate it's skin, so going for range won't really work that well.

The arrows would hardly do more damage than arriws did to Shrek in the film, they would hardly get deep enough in his fat to get anything vital, and would absolutly not go through it's bones or skull.

And GS isn't good enough in archery to snipe his eye, that's the elfs speciality.

1. Shrek's dura isn't sclaed to his AP though, unless I'm forgetting something. Shrek was stunned by an attack ages below GS' own AP. GS could penetrate.

2. okay.

It is scaled to, it's how it works. Least you say that the champions attack isn't scaled eother (since it uses a weapon), which means that GB doesn't scale in AP to the champion even a bit.

I mean, the fact that his attacks can't really hurt then unless aimed for the eye should make that clear.

No, it isn't. We don't automatically scale dura to AP unless we have a reason to (tanking hits from comparable characters)- we don't have that here. We do however have GS surviving (again, barely) an attack from a Champion.

See above, though. He can pretty easily kill Shrek.

Bruh goblin slayer was knocked out and almost dead when he got hit by both the champion and the ogre. And how is his ap even more than shreks? Shrek instantly knocked out knights who survived a huge barrel full of alcohol falling on them (check Shrek vs knights on YouTube) while messing around. Show me actual feats from goblin slayer that aren't just you fanboying and prove me wrong. Did you even watch all the links I sent?

We do with physicals. Otherwise, GS'd tear his arm off when he swings his sword.

Goblin Slayer is inferior in both strength and durability. Hell, even in speed. Shrek would shit on him. I don't see goblin slayer dodging crossbow arrows at close range while carrying 2 people, or performing anything close to the feats I sent which I am convinced nobody bothered clicking on. Unless you provide me with visual evidence I'm not believing anything anyone says.

Wokistan said:
We do with physicals. Otherwise, GS'd tear his arm off when he swings his sword.
I mean, that diesn't work the other way around, and his AP has been shown to not work on the enemies that knocked him out on hit.

Yeah AP doesn't scale to durability by default, but durability does to AP unless it's not physical or the verse explicitly days they're not. Look at Kharn, with his durability thousands of times higher than his AP.

Yes. The priblem here is that people twice as strong as shrek were only hurt by GB only due to either an item he needs prep for or being strangled. Shrek would at the very least have a major AP advantage.

Goblin Slayer defeated that champion and the ogre not by strength, but by dirty tricks and tactics. He stabbed the ogre's face after using the scroll and choked the champion with hair. He used weapons in both cases. Similar to how batman beat superman by having the advantage of tools and shit. As I said before, show me pictures that contain goblin slayer's feats and prove me wrong. Using tricks isn't an AP thing. And besides, if anything, Shrek would instantly knock him out without giving him a chance to use traps. He isn't the type of guy who plays around like Goku or Vegeta. And this goes for his whole party as well. They get slaughtered.

By being smarter than them. Shrek isn't exactly a genius. Additionally, being able to damage them IS an AP thing. And the picture is on his calc blog.

He was unable to do so normally tough... He had to hit weakspots and strangle, both of which are far below stuff like that.

And again, without his party members being nearly raped he would stay uncnscious after a few hits, and none of his ranged stuff can really hurt shrek beyond maybe small cuts.

I had to watch the Shrek movies again, and right now I can say that yeah, Shrek has the AP advantage. Some hours ago I also read the recent novel that tells GS's backstory and it has been stated that his stats are average, except for his Vitality (might be a mistranslation but I think vitality means Constitution in D&D terms), so his durability is above his AP. Considering this and the champion fight and how he survived it, he might not be able to harm Shrek as much as he can do to him.

Remember when I said above about something about a feat that the Ogre did and that GS shouldn't have survived that? He destroyed a bigger pillar than the champion's calc on the wiki. This most likely will yield a bigger number than the calc used before, but the question is: Should this scale to GS's dura? Most likely not since he could barely move after this hit . The only thing for sure that would scale would be the Ogre (if it gets a profile on this wiki) and, of course, the magic scroll. This could give us at least how strong is the water jet cutter GS made.

Should that change the outcome of this fight? Maybe yes, maybe not, but I'm leaving this for now.

1. Yes, that would scale to the dura, it would just translate to the max he could tank and live.

2. I'm unsure if it would change anything.

Well more proof showing that goblin slayer would get shrek't if he tried messing with Shrek. Now I want to point out something. Shrek isn't a genius like you mentioned, he is however a great fighter and knows his shit. He has been shown in multiple fight scenes throughout all 4 movies to be pretty skilled. As I said before, if goblin slayer and his party came across Shrek in that cave rather than the other ogre, I guarantee you they would hey slaughtered. Shrek won't even give them a chance to pull out their shit. He instantly knocks them out like he has done time and time again with knights.

"great fighter"

"knows his shit"

First off, this sounds like the level of meme-age that came from that Thomas the Tank Engine guy, just pointing THAT out.

Second off, what? Wasn't he dwarfed when he met the actual soldier ogres?

Most of your points are "I guarantee you they'd be slaughtered". You don't have actual evidence and aren't debating, just saying "Shrek would win".

It shouldn't scale. The hit that the ogre hit GS with did not compare to the one that destroyed the pillar. It was an upward hit that it did far more casually.

Only lizard kin should somewhat scale if it comes diwn to it.

Mr. Bambu said:
"great fighter"

"knows his shit"

First off, this sounds like the level of meme-age that came from that Thomas the Tank Engine guy, just pointing THAT out.

Second off, what? Wasn't he dwarfed when he met the actual soldier ogres?

Most of your points are "I guarantee you they'd be slaughtered". You don't have actual evidence and aren't debating, just saying "Shrek would win".
I don't know who you're talking about but listen, every single fight scene involving Shrek was him kicking ass and butchering people. If you scroll up and click the links I sent you'll see for yourself. As for him being shorter than the other warrior ogres, this just goes to show how much stronger those ogres are in comparison to that goblin slayer guy. If Shrek who was never a soldier all his life was able to fight like a pro and deal tons of damage, imagine those trained ogres. You're saying I don't have evidence? Go click the links I sent above before you run your mouth.

I don't remember the name of the guy, and while you are more legitimate it's just the no pfp and the high praise of the given character.

Anyhoo, the points aren't very good. "Bigger = Stronger" when this isn't always the case. And... yeah, he clobbers normal guards. As in humans. Not GS. That isn't evidence, that's plot.

The point is, his AP does not scale to his dura.

And he lacks proper AP feats (sure, he has 9-B regrdless for effortless decapitations and all that, but point still stands)

Shrek is merely half as strong as someone who knocked him out in one hit. I can see GB taking at most 5 or 6 hits before he starts being unable to keep fighting, and potions aren't that great in healing.

On the other hand, shrek can actually survive hits from someone above him in AP(and not as casual either, since a full armored kick should absolutly be stronger than just throwing a champagne), so he could keeo taking hits for a long time.

(I'm also waiting for the lookover of the calc that you promised me.)

Mr. Bambu said:
I don't remember the name of the guy, and while you are more legitimate it's just the no pfp and the high praise of the given character.

Anyhoo, the points aren't very good. "Bigger = Stronger" when this isn't always the case. And... yeah, he clobbers normal guards. As in humans. Not GS. That isn't evidence, that's plot.
Did you not see those same "weak" knights survive a huge barrel filled with liquid falling on them? Those same weak knights who when they are 5 or 6 in number they can actually hold Shrek back? The same Shrek who performed all those previously mentioned feats? Do you see where I'm going with this? Goblin slayer's AP isn't shit because he is just a regular dude. When he tried slashing that ogre with his sword he couldn't do jack shit. He only killed him because he stabbed his face while the guy was cut into pieces from that water scroll. He also choked that champion and didn't get off his back when the guy smashed him into the walls because that goblin didn't even have the strength to break him through the wall the way Shrek broke into his home (it's shown in the links I sent, be sure to watch them all before commenting). Let's not forget goblin slayer got sent FLYING by a goblin lord because he didn't train for only 1 month. That same goblin lord who couldn't take on the silver ranked adventurers because he got scared. Yeah, show me proof of goblin slayer even standing a tiny chance against Shrek. He can't. Let's end this by putting Shrek as the winner by being obviously stronger, faster, more durable, and more skilled. Sure you like goblin slayer more than Shrek but the facts stand and can't be changed. Oh well.

That barrel isn't comparable to what GS has survived.

PIS exists.

You're comparing apples and oranges, essentially saying "GS' ogre was stronger than him, ergo Shrek, as an ogre, is stronger". I am not upholding this view because I like GS more, truth be told I have never watched the anime or read the manga. Literally my interaction begins and ends on this wiki. But I fail to see any points of yours considering GS' advantages.

You shouldn't ignore my point.

Being half as strong as something that can knock out the goblin slayer does not mean in any way that Goblin Slayer is stronger, or even as strong, as shrek. Especially with how casual the feat was.

He's AP and Dura also don't scale to each other, and his AP feats are rather lacking on anything close to shrek's dura.

After that, his equipment only helps that much. Especially since shrek could take a random rock and throw it hard enough to heavily damage GB, while he would at best be able to hurt Shrek in close range.

I do believe AP was not my only point. Shrek's main skill feats include taking down many enemies far weaker than him in a bombastic way. GS' main skill feats are outsmarting enemies stronger than himself. GS has a pretty large skill advantage which we've seen Shrek doesn't handle well considering a literal cat bested him for awhile.

GS additionally has the range. I know you said "oh it won't pierce"- but why wouldn't it? Even assuming GS is at an AP disadvantage (the calcs say otherwise but I suppose I'll lean in on your interpretations of things), why would the arrow be unable to harm him?

Back