• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't see how his skill helps him here. Shrek won't exactly get distracted by a naked girl to be raped, he can reach his back with his hands and is the same size as the slayer, so strangling how he outsmarted normally wouldn't really work here.

Pretty sure shrek can throw a random rock just as far as GB's arrows work, and his AP comes from there. There are no calcs that say that bambu, he doesn't scale to his Dura. And it wouldn't work because a sword strike, which is stronger for him, couldn't properly hurt enemies that are worth bringing up here. And Shrek being 2 times weaker (Ignoring that he litirally just threw a bottle) he would be much less annoyed then when he got an actual arrow in his ass. His skull wouldn't be penetrated period, and the arrow penetrating deeper into his fat and muscle is just a ridiclous assumption when stuff on this level can't even break the skin of someone twice as strong as him.

I didn't say tricks. I said skill. GS is smarter and could find a way to outsmart the aforementioned not-terribly-intelligent Shrek.

That bottle throw was his best AP feat to my knowledge, with his best dura feat being the one where he was tossed a few dozen meters into the air- far lower than GS' AP. And, again, apples and oranges as that wasn't exactly an arrow shot by GS. That would be like saying Nameless Character can beat Thor because he tanked lightning with minor annoyance.

Pretty sure you yourself said this in another thread, but you should provide a way for that to happen instead of saying "he can outsmart"

First of all, AP scales to Dura. Secondly, he took a full armored boot from a trained fiona to the face, and I don't think you can in any way see that as more casual then the bottle.

In fact, what is GS' best AP feat? His Dura feats don't scale, and the best I remember is cutting through Goblins.

I did not directly compare the two in power, I compared the fact that the arrow litirally can't logically penetrate deep enough to do proper damage, and he isn't good with a bow, nowhere near comparable to his normal strenght anyways.

Unsure. Just saying its feasible and probable.

First of all, no it doesn't. Point prove. And Fiona isn't inherently the same tier, though that is something.

I don't know. Again, I'm not terribly familiar.

Yes but why can it not?

What is your proven point again? You can't have much higher AP than Dura, not the other way around. Someone who has more than 10 times their AP would be pulling a deku and breaking themselfs apart. Being a tank has nothing to do with that. And she was the strongest ogre in a small army where everyone was stronger than shrek.

I mean, you can't say that he shouldn't have an AP disadvantage if you don't know his AP at all.

Because it could not do it to the ogre and champion. And shrek is not that much weaker than those two.

Hate to say it but I'm voting for Shrek.

Bambu, you've many times said "List what he'll do to outsmart/plan/trick" towards other arguments about the same things. I like Goblin Slayer, but Shrek just beats him. FRA.

@Ricsi The point proven is that AP and Dura are not inherently comparable. That point wasn't even related to the thread anymore, just that "AP AND DURA ALWAYS SCALE" is incorrect.

@Pixel Where?

There are occasions where it doesn't (Like with Legion Zombie) but unless contradicted someones dura can't be much lower than their physical strenght. And I plain said that Dura doesn't scale to AP.

Pretty sure in the speedwagon v slayer match.

The argument in Speedwagon's case was that his street tactics would throw them off. It isn't the same when arguing that a character with actual skill is battling one without any.

The case here for Shrek is interpretting feats in such a way that Shrek is far stronger than GS and that GS other abilities equate to squat, which I simply do not see the case for. It seems people interpret this as a bias for a character I have never interacted with off of this wiki. Wonderful.

Ima just go back to making CA now

There is a point where skill won't work with AP, and it doesn't need to be one-shot worthy. The enemies he fought were most often distracted, and he would absolulty die to all of them if not for the circumstances.

Hell, he doesn't have that great 1 on 1 skills either, he is good with traps and plans on enemies he has knowledge on.

This isn't that point in my eyes. In this case, you have a raw AP character- I can't imagine GS has never fought something similar. Tricking Shrek is a feasible option.

Tricking how tough? The brawns he tricked were first of all both weaker and much stupider, but he also need to be in a dark cave, and used the clerics help. And I doubt holy magic would affect shrek all that much.

I agree with Ricsi. His intelligence won't save him here and his equipment just isn't enough when your opponent can grab a tree or boulder and use that instead.

>Man is arguing on your side

>You say his point is wrong and think he's voting the other side

I don't think you quoted the correct post there since his post literally mentioned nothing about AP

On many occasions, a feats AP may be much less than its impressiveness implies. The opposite also applies. So rather than using screenshots/videos etc. it would be nice if both sides could provide calcs for both sides. Screenshots and videos are best used to see tactics and statements.

GS downscales from this.

That said there is apparently a better feat from the same character so he is higher, just... we don't know how much.

No, he does not scale. I already repeated this a dozen times Bambu, and I'm honestly starting to wonder if your ignoring it.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, he does not scale. I already repeated this a dozen times Bambu, and I'm honestly starting to wonder if your ignoring it.
What you stated was AP generally scales to dura unless there's a reason for it not to do so. Which is right, and most of my points to the opposite were just to say not always.

Not to mention downscaling is a thing.

Also, saying he doesn't scale implies he has never harmed a creature at all comparable to himself. If you can tell me that with utter certainty, then you'd be correct. But he survived that attack. If he can damage a foe comparable to himself, then he can downscale.

No. No, I stated the oposite.

Dura scales to AP, not the other way around, because people would be breaking themselfs otherwise. Wok also said this and gave exemples.

Downscaling doesn't work here and I explained why. His Dura is higher than his AP canonically, and he is plain unable to hurt people that his dura scales from.

And no, he has never directly hurt anyone capable of damaging him withouzt needing to use tricks like the scroll or strangulation.

AP doesn't always scale to Dura, hence why we have the Stone Walls category.

However, Dura mostly scales to AP: if I can punch at a certain force, especially if the feat is causal, it does scale to my dura.

"strangulation"

so physical force

I see

DMB 1 said:
AP doesn't always scale to Dura, hence why we have the Stone Walls category.
However, Dura mostly scales to AP: if I can punch at a certain force, especially if the feat is causal, it does scale to my dura.
Tell me this is a joke and nobody forgot that we also have a Glass Cannon category

You don't need comparable AP to strangle someone with hair, the scene makes it clear that it's ignoring the champions actual strenght because it's throat can't exert as much force as it can with a weapon, and it's lifting strenght.

It's not. Glass canon refers to someone like momonga.

There are a few verses where physical AP exceeds Dura, but that's either in-verse logic ignoring actual logic, or it's like deku and they are hurting themselfs.

Glass cannon applies for people who have other means of attacking that aren't physical (projectiles, hax, Elemental Manipulation, etcetera), or their most powerful attack is much higher than what they display normally.

I doubt that Shrek is a glass cannon if his 9-B feat is so casual and physical.

> Implying a majority of fiction follows real world logic

DMB 1 said:
Glass cannon applies for people who have other means of attacking that aren't physical (projectiles, hax, Elemental Manipulation, etcetera), or their most powerful attack is much higher than what they display normally.
I doubt that Shrek is a glass cannon if his 9-B feat is so casual and physical.
Not saying that Shrek is. Just that the ideas presented here ignore several concepts on the wiki.

Unless shown otherwise, we assume that if someone can punch with a certain strength (especially if the feat is casual), it would scale to his dura.

Clearly I'm outvoted and I shouldn't think debate would change a person's mind (when has it ever in the lifespan of this wiki, after all) so please, feel free to just vote, but I have yet to see what in my eyes qualifies as conclusive evidence that Shrek has such an AP advantage to negate advantages held by GS.

Tired of going in circles over this so good luck folks.

Mr. Bambu said:
> Implying a majority of fiction follows real world logic
Dude, do you really want to go there?

Because you use the same real life logic for GB's calc.

And Shrek scales to his AP regardless, Goblin Slayer doesn't regardless due to in-verse logic. I have actually gone through that stuff, and he is a litiral in-verse tank who's main thing is that he acts like a goblin as far as fight go. He's dura is also above his AP as far as "stats" go.

oof.

Ricsi, the wiki goes there daily. Assuming every piece of fiction follows real life logic is a foolish mindset. I doubt creators understand how powerful their characters are because they made them that way.

so much for attempting to defuse situations, har har

Then I say your calc is just as "foolish", because you assume the verse goes by real world standards and loguc

We assume it works normally unless contradicted, because it becomes horrible cherry picking on physics we use and some we don't. There is stuff I disagree with, like storm calcs, but I understand that the only reason those shouldn't be used can be aplied to any feat that is done using physics.

And your point is moot regardless. GB is a completly average fighter but in vitality by the verse's standard, and normal adventurers don't scale in any way to neither champions or ogres. Not even high ranked ones do, since the ogre stomped them all effortlessly.

I don't like shrek, but I can safely say that GB will lose for AP difference alone, and I actually wrnt through the story and know tge context of his feats.

Back