• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Glorious Blond Hair - Matt the Meat Shield vs Finn the Human

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Matt
FinnWithHair
vs

Notes:

• Both at 5-A
  • This is Elements/Current Finn, so no Grass Sword. He's still using his Rapier from Islands/Elements.
  • Both characters are in character. This is from before Finn killed Fern so he doesn't have PTSD yet.
  • Speed equalized.
  • Battle takes place on a pretty neutral field.

Well looking at his profile now yeah I just said that as a joke but I do legitimately think Finn has better hair

Ultima Reality said:
I mean... doesn't Matt grossly outhax Finn?
To be fair, Matt is mostly a brute force kind of guy. He's not against using magic, but he prefers swordplay.

Edit: This is also Battle Royale Matt, before he started getting/using a lot of his magic spells.

Brawl Royale Matt lacks most spells yeah. Only insta-kill that he has is Annihilate I think. Edit:Actually he doesn't have it

Finn has wizard powers and imagination powers here?

I was planning to make this ovo

Finn's wizard powers were only a temporary power up, so nope. He has Imagination powers, but has only really used them on two occasions, and one of those was by accident so I doubt he'll use them here.

Imagination powers and magic are two things everyone has, but very few characters actually know they have. Magic and Imagination powers are essentially lucid dreaming made real.

Looking at the calcs, Finn is 4 ninatons to Matt's 1,8 ninatons.

Matt's feat was very casual, so he is probably in the same ballpark AP wise, but then again, Finn scales from the Lich who is>>>> said feat as well. Attack buffs should close the gap though.

Finn's lifting strength is Class M to Matt's Class P, so if they cross blades Matt will have an advantage here (as well as the fact that Matt's swords are functionally unbreakable because their durability is 4-B, since they are the same that he uses in the other games).

Both lack proper training but make up for it because they have a lot of experience so they should be evenly skilled.

Matt does have healing in this form so that helps as well. I think he wins 6/10.

Finn can survive in space, right?

Darkanine said:
only really used them on two occasions
Let me guess, one was the 'floor is lava' episode, and the other was to summon butterflies, correct?

• Matt: 2 (Ultima, Kaltias)
  • Finn: 0 (2 votes for better hair)
@Ovens. I was thinking of the time where he used his mind to make Martin fly near by and the imagination episode (I forgot the name of it). So I guess tat makes four uses. Still, very few instances of using it and none in combat

@Katias. Finn is still weaker than The Lich, but strong enough to hold his own, so yeah they're probably fairly equal in terms of raw strength.

I thought Finn killed the Lich the first time they met? Granted, it's been way too long since I watched AT, so maybe I misremember.

Also Finn can survive in space or not? Matt is fairly likely to planet bust accidentally, seeing how this happened during Brawl Royale.

Finn only destroyed The Lich's physical body, and he did it through a special "weapon"

Nah, he can't survive in space

Isn't the physical body the thing that scales to the calc? And wasn't the weapon a dress? Finn was still using his own strength

Then I guess Matt 7.5/10 because while he won't do it on purpose, it could happen accidentally if Finn dodges or something

Yeah, it was a sweater which was implied to be specifically The Lich's weakness at the time

I vote for Finn, not only for his hair! His combat skill is far better. And why we can't sure about Matt intelligence, Finn proves that he is quite smart during narrow situation

His combat skills are far better based on what exactly? Matt has fought superweapons, robots that are literally made of swords, beings who literally only exist to spread death and deities who slaughtered countless armies.

Also, Matt is like Goku. He is smart while fighting but dumb otherwise

Finn has proper training from Rattleballs though. Besides that, based on their profiles they have pretty much the same personality when fighting. I'm not gonna vote for now. I want to see what others have to say first.

Also, why does Finn have a 5-A key in the first place?

Fair enough, although i'll still go with Matt for the other reasons.

Harming the Lich I believe

Being comparable to Fern and Jake, both of whom were able to hold their own against the Lich (Fern fought the Hand of the Lich while Jake managed to hod off the entire Lich), who scales to the Citadel Guardians.

Edit: Fern was also going to cut up Sweet P, who is The Lich, only good.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
I am unsure who to vote for... But ... Sweet P oneshotted Fern though... And easily killed the hand of the Lich ( Both in the same episode ) .
Sweet P is pretty above Finn though, isn't he?

We've never seen the full extent of his abilities since he's an innocent and gentle boy, but he did kill Lich's shadow so he's probably at least close to The Lich, if not equal.

Well that and it's shown the Lich is still in Sweet P somewhere even if he hasn't shown up since the King of Ooo incident

Back