• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giving Valkyrie Cain Time travel

Jibz

He/Him
To cope about the fact i nearly got banned whats better than just throwing myself into making CRT's to show im a valuable member of this community
reads script

As it is my great duty as a good, kind and upstanding member of this community (its a joke at my own expense please dont ban me<3 )

SPOILERS FOR DEAD OR ALIVE (BOOK 14 (I think (woah bracket inception moment??)))

Okay! I assume i can be done with the ever so slightly sardonic comments and get into the matter at hand. Valk should get time travel hax or something closely related to it (idk all the endless names we use to show the subtle differences in abilities).As for why? Because she literally time travels to the future, it's pretty self explanatory... not.
Let's start off with the fact that to time travel, Valk must have her "soul leave her body" (not a quote) in a sense, the astral form (described as Astral projection in the book) and this (lets just call it a soul from now on) then travels to the future, however Valk is capable of transferring her PHYSICAL self to the future. However, she's unable to get back without a Jericho candle (smell ur way back to the present kinda thing).

Just to preface: i'm only half way through DOA atm, so her time travel capabilities my improve over time perhaps, if so that will be addressed in a later much larger CRT i have planned regarding the scaling boosts from this book (sneak peak: BFR
Now onto the quotes itself (i have the physical book on me, but unable to take photos due to lack of a functioning camera, so ill be ripping it word for word from the book, please let me know if any of yall got a pdf copy):

"Yeah, I suppose," She said. Then, "I have to go back to the future." -> (Valk)
"Valkyrie interrupted her with, "I'm going to time-travel again and I want you to keep lighting the Jericho Candle."

"Valkyrie broke apart as her body broke apart, and she became billions upon billions of streaking, shrieking atoms that tore through time and she felt the universe, she felt it all around her, she felt it and she felt something, someone, reaching out to her, and then all those billions upon billions upon billions of atoms slammed into the same space and she became herself once again, her legs pumping, the ground under her feet, and when she had her eyes again she opened them and ran straight into a wall"

This is the description of Valk time travelling to the future again to meet her baby sister Alice (now Malice), but accidentally arrives 77 years into the future. Not exactly proficient, but i have no doubt she'll get better at it with time.

If more scans are needed let me know (there truly is an abundance it's just a hassle to find the page and copy it down), and if her time travel changes / alters to become better later on in the book ill be sure to address it in the CRT following me finishing this book!

Peace out yall.

Is there a paragraph or something about her popping in the future? Would be better if you could post that too since it will provide better context on the file.

But looks alright ig

I agree with this confluctor guy, of u could show us something with valk actually being shown in the future or some sort, that would be great

Is there a paragraph or something about her popping in the future? Would be better if you could post that too since it will provide better context on the file.

But looks alright ig
I can get a passage of her and future Alice talking if needed. Just to add, her time travel is a huge plot point in the book so it should be a rather simple easy addition.

Alice - Valkyrie

"It is you, right?" She said at last. "You're not Darquesse, or any of your weird assortment of other selves? And you're not from an alternate universe or anything?"

"It's me," Valkyrie said, standing.

"The same Valkyrie I know?"

A nod.

"And yet - not the harpy. It's you. Actually you." She reached out - poked Valkyrie's arm. "By their divine glory...this is brilliant! But how? How'd you manage it? How did.... Right, I'm gonna ask a question, and, if it's stupid, it's OK to laugh at me, because I'd laugh at me, too. Valkyrie - did you travel through time to get here?"

"I did."

Alice whooped with joy. "I knew it! I knew it!

note: slight context the "harpy" is actually valkyrie's form in the future due to some shenanigans i won't get into (ill prolly make her into a key in the Dead or Alive CRT. As she was able to go against and nearly kill Valk and is implied to have some sort of master plan.
And just when im done you reply, what a coincidence! Hope this is good enough, if not i can get more i don't mind.

Looks good to me.
Sweet! Now i have 0 clue how to add stuff to profiles which seems like it'll be an issue. Is there like a tutorial or guide or is it self explanatory and i'm just a fool. Cuz i can't even access pages (do i need an account to do that?)

Looks good to me.
Just realised I DO need an account to make changes! Sweet ill go add the Anna changes from the manifold CRT i made a lil while back, and the Valk changes if nobody is against it (ill wait for other opinions in the mean time).

Sweet! Now i have 0 clue how to add stuff to profiles which seems like it'll be an issue. Is there like a tutorial or guide or is it self explanatory and i'm just a fool. Cuz i can't even access pages (do i need an account to do that?)
Yeah, you need a fandom account and wait 4 days to auto confirm I think.

Yeah seems fine to me. Although scans would be nice. But references for the time being should hopefully cover it

Yeah seems fine to me. Although scans would be nice. But references for the time being should hopefully cover it
im planning on buying myself an Ipad to replace my old one with the broken camera, so i'll be able to actually add scans then, for the mean time references should be okay. I might just borrow a friend's phone, but then id have to do a whole song and dance to explain why im taking pictures of excerpts from a book, but hey its worth a shot.

Looks good.

Although I am more interested in the conversation lmao
Sweet! So is this fine to add or shall we wait for more opinions? As for the conversation between Alice and Valk, yeah it was hilarious and great to read. Especially when you process the fact Alice is 80+ years old at the time.

I mean the convo you had with your friend 🦍

Tho should be alright tbh. Since it's not a major addition. Tho waiting a bit more won't hurt

I mean the convo you had with your friend 🦍
now i feel like a fool haha

The rundown was me just asking to borrow their phone. Took some photos and asked them to send them to me on discord. A cinch right? Totally uncomplicated. I wish. He asked why i wanted it, and i couldn't think of a convincing non weird lie so i just told them. They gave me a pretty funny look as i just died of embarrassment.
Tho should be alright tbh. Since it's not a major addition. Tho waiting a bit more won't hurt
Patience is a virtue. I'll wait for others to give their thoughts before i make the changes.

But Valkyrie already has time travel on her profile?

But Valkyrie already has time travel on her profile?
How did i just notice this now AHHHHHHHH

It's fine (im coping), this can just be used as better justification it is what it is, next time i'll be more vigilant T.T

Back