• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think in character Giorno takes this, because Yukari won't first move manipulate boundaries.

Otherwise Yukari might have a chance, because in speed equal her ability will have killed giorno and GER before GER can undo it (So because of the slight speed advantage of being the aggressor basically).

... You do realize speed equal mean GER could still react in time right? Also when does killing him before GER come from?

Speed equal makes it difficult for GER to react to an attack with instantaneous effect, because GER only activates its ability after the attack started. If he isn't infinitely fast he will be to late for an attack with instantaneous effect, like border manipulation ca have.

That is basically one of the issues that comes with speed equal, which make it not entirely fair.

And generally I would think border manipulation can inflict sufficient damage (in order to kill giorno it doesn't need high AP and GER's normal durability is unknown, so it doesn't even have to be hax) in order to instantly destroy them, providing GER's ability doesn't defend against it (which it in this very specific scenario it wouldn't do fast enough as explained above).

Non the less this is a win for Giorno in Standard Assumptions.

Yukari erases the entire universe and wins.

Putting jokes aside, well i didn't read part 5 yet but from what i understand Giorno's stand erases the effect of an action so basically i think this would be inconclusive actually.

Why? Simply because he cannot bypass durability and Yukari's durability is way higher than his physical attacks.

Is that so? So he'll make Yukari go to sleep again and drink Tea with him afterwards.

I'm not really voting either because i'm tired of Yukari threads.

Even tough she is best 2hu girl.

Giorno takes this. Basically what Don'tTalk said.

Yukari's boundary effect CAN have an instantaneous affect, but that's a maybe, and with speed equalized GER won't be able to move fast enough to react to it. But since it's in character and Yukari likes to mess around a lot, GER's hax would likely take effect first.

However I don't think she's ever shown manipulating boundaries in that way. I know she can manipulate the borders between fiction/reality, life/death, and truth/falsehood, but like her profile says, it's unlikely that she has the power to manipulate the borders of ALL things, due to known boundaries that she cannot manipulate. But considering Yukari's intelligence, if she were aware that she had the power to manipulate time via boundary manipularion, then I don't doubt she'd try it.

But anyways, my vote is for Giorno simply because it's in character (via standard battle assumptions), GER is automatic, and Yukari likes to toy around with people.

GER is most likely going to make her will and actions be null so she can't really do anything other than her boundary manipulation from DT said but considering it's standard battle assumptions according to what i heard she tends to toy around so yeah…GER has my vote

Giorno is too broken with GER, even by Touhou standards. GER counteracts ANY hostile action taken against Giorno. It even acted within King Crimson's erased time, which technically doesn't even exist to anybody besides Diavolo. Yukari tries to gap something into Giorno? Nope, she never did. And then GER's "turn will back to zero" thing will just make her want to sleep and have some tea. Even with speed equalized, GER is just a Stand that exists out of normal time and reality. It isn't even affected by the whole "fate" deal that controls the entire Jojo universe.

GER lolstomps

Yukari wouldn't be able to act and then get hit with an LOD Muda Muda barrage

Giorno wouldn't even realize he was in a fight

You know people might be tired of Yukari matches but I'm just amazed there hasn't been any Yukari wank yet in this thread. It's a bit amazing. Brings a tear to my eye really. Aside from the fact that you're basically pitting someone 2-C level but yeah aside from that it's beautiful.

Oh and then again aren't the only character Yukari took it easy on is the ones she knows aren't threat to her? And if it's standard battle conditions that means intent to kill right? Just a thought.

Even so, in order for Yukari to counter GER, she'll have to know what boundary to manipulate. She's not going to look at GER and think, "Oh, I'll have to manipulate the boundary between intangibility and tangibility to be able to hurt a stand", or "I'll have to manipulate the boundary of casuality and acausality or w/e because GER looks like it can put me into an infinite death loop".

You'd be surprised. Those boundaries aren't needed anyway and I'm not gonna pull out powers out of my ass. That's just bad debating for Yukari. Precog and time travel would help in this case since I don't see Giorno defending having acausality. Though I'm abstaining.

^Because his time skip didn't work against GER and that GER had infinite speed. Here, speed is equalized and Yukari doesn't use time stop or time skip.

@Not Jim Sterling

Well I retract my statement then.

@JustSomeWeirdo

So you're saying the ranged character won't stay away from the character that fights up close? I see the range being two meters so... Unless I'm misunderstanding something here?

@Saikou

I reverse retract my statement.

Diavolo's precognition predicts what happens at the end of the ten seconds of erased time, and GER pummeled him during it. So if precognition works against GER, Diavolo would've seen himself getting GER'd into the water regardless of if he's immune to timeskip or not.

Even then, this is all assuming that Yukari can act when in the attention of GER.

And how's Yukari supposed to know what abilities to use, even assuming she does have a counter to GER? She's definitely not going to look at GER and say "Oh, I'm gonna have to travel back in time".

Doesn't resetting the universe (or whatever he did his name eludes me rn) require him to affect pretty much everything which includes the limited 2 meter range of GER? That's what I'm asking if his stand has to be closer than 2 meters to use this ability on a target.

Pretty sure that GER needs action do actually set things to 0. I never got any direct answer for this, but from the descriptions I've heard, GER isn't a passive ability, as GER needs to actively reset something.

Why are we thinking as if she can't act? She's a thinker and I'm more than sure a newcomer to any normal person would be suspicious or the fact that in a 'death battle' I would be inclined to back off and act immediately against the other.

If every battle started off like that any enemy has an easy chance of oneshotting the other. It's like that Gremmy vs Mewtwo thing again... *shudders*

GER wasn't around in part 6, Made in heaven could've been passive, or maybe it saved Giorno, there's no proof for GER being unable to cancel Made In Heaven and it shouldn't be used in an actual argument

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Experience_Requiem

"It is mentioned by Giorno himself that he is unsure of the exact workings and limits of Requiem's powers, but it has been shown that its range of influence extends from finger beams, surface contact, and to even being in the mere attention of Requiem."

I don't know if this answers anything, but apparently if Requiem has its attention on Yukari, it can affect her.

But whether or not GER needs to act is meaningless here. Yukari's always within range and has the tendency to mess around. Even if Yukari does counter GER with Time Travel or anything like that, I doubt she'd think to use it promptly if it's in character.

Also, @Core

GER has Multi-Universal range on its profile via being able to send someone into a death loop across parallel worlds. If the LOD works across multiple universes, it means they have to be under GER's influence. So supposedly GER's range of influence works like this.

Though I'm not sure.

Nah that confirms it, thank you Arbitrary. Although that would mean the best option for Yukari would be to hide and play keep away while trying to find a way to deal with him. If she doesn't do that her chances of winning drops quite significantly.

I think it means more that as long as Giorno is part of what's affected, in return the other would be affected.

Does it know you exist? If yes, GER will cancel your actions. If not, you're not attacking Giorno

Is that really automatically what he does?

Also just realized, if one's power is basically allowing them to perceive a timeline (or allows them to travel anyway) wouldn't that open a window to basically see what Giorno can do?

I took the ending of Part 5 as "if GER has its attention on you, and you're doing something that it decided will harm Giorno, you never did that."

Basically GER is Giorno's psycho girlfriend that will not let any harm come to Giorno and will make you die an infinite number of deaths....Only in this case that is actually done

I do think Giorno wins just because he can reduce her will to 0, if it wasn't for that he wouldn't be able to win at all because his muda muda barrage isn't strong enough to kill Yukari and it would be an infinite fight.

Back