• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@SwagPack That's a thing, too. And true, sooo very true. rofl

Also, forgot Aizen's vote.

Road: 1 (Zensum)

Gilgamesh: 2 (ThisIsMySwagPack, AizenIsHere)

Inconclusive: 0

I dont see gil winning unless bloodlusted cause thats the only feasible way he'd use EA at the start. Arrogance and all

I always use Gil in character, whether normal or CCC.

Otherwise it's always EAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEA and we lose the fun.

This is the complete pack of Stay Night Gil. Pros include tons of fancy tools, cons include not wanting to use them.

Well, what we know is that Gilgamesh will know the future. The problem is, will he react to it? He could see exactly what she's going to do and there is a chance that he will reject it. That's the only reason I see why he would lose here. If he, technically, defeated himself by being stupid.

ROFL, Weirdo.

Road: 2 (Zensum, LordAizenSama)

Gilgamesh: 2 (ThisIsMySwagPack, AizenIsHere)

I would still say he would win. He is still capable of trashing Saber in single combat even with that personality. There is a difference between CIS and in character.

If Gilgamesh messes around long enough I see him hetting his consciousness/soul removed from his body, leaving his empty body along with his treasury behind in the real world. Resistance is not immunity after all, so that's also a fair point.

Also considering Low-Godly Regen + Type 8 Immortality reliant on a concept + Selective intangibility, stuff against real world road won't matter much.

If given enough time? Most likely. Especially because Road's dream world usually engulfs whatever she wants and throws it in the Dream World. She doesn't as much drag people there as she connects her Dream with Reality and then chooses what is being thrown there.

It functions a lot like a Reality Marble.

Case in point being that Road's "Reality marble" only drags consciousness and/or soul if she wants, leaving body and equipment behind . And there she is a Reality Warper.

Also of note is that Real World road stays in reality with the empty body so she can kill it, seal it, teleport it who knows where or whatever at that point.

Even without its full power, Ea can still destroy alternate realities such as Iskandar's Reality Marble. However, Gil would be extremely hesitant to use it at all.

Gate of Babylon has several weapons in it, including Gae Bolg which would prevent Regenerationn the damage it causes if it's possible. Gil also resists at least some of her hax as well. His natural durability is also high enough that he could resist all of her normal AP.

If Gil uses Ea, it looks like it's GG, but I don't think he'll respect her enough to make it happen. Even if he uses Clarivoyance to know how to beat her, I'm pretty sure he'd disregard it because of his pride. To me, the question is can he kill her with anything in the Gate of Babylon?

The problem here for Gil is:

1. If things hit Real world Road, they are innefective unless they actually go hit her down to breaking her concept as well. It's where the type 9 immortality comes from - it's for all intents and purposes, a shadow. This was proven via a sword that should exorcise her Noah and null all her powers permanently. It pierced her, took her by surprise so she couldn't react and still didn't do a thing. Hitting real world Road is like hitting a shadow of the true thing.

2. If he hits Dream Road, then yes, stuff like Gae Bolg and Dainsleif would hurt badly and she wouldn't be able to regen. The problem being that hitting Dream Road can be done from within her Dream World and if she actually pulled Gil there, she would leave the body and Noble Phantasms behind (see video above).

3. Yes, if he does use EA it's GG, even if it hits her from the Real World since it would do Conceptual Damage.

Alright, so I'm not sure if it works by the same exact properties, but Gilgamesh was still able to use his Gate of Babylon even after being taken into Rider's Ionian Heteiroi and Shirou's Unlimited Blade Works. Reality Marbles reflect the will of the caster as they are outward manifestations of the caster's inner world. Inside a Reality Marble you are cut off from the normal world unless it is dispelled or broken.

Does her Dream World specifically negate any supernatural powers from being used by a victim that's been dragged within? Or are they just normally not able to act because they are a disembodied soul?

It connects the space of reality that he's in to the Treasury. I'm not certain if the vault was specifically stated to exist in the Throne of Heroes, but it would make sense given how the Throne and Holy Grail operate.

@Fate Was the character that was sucked in for that instance able to use any skills or abilities inside her dream world?

Also, I've remembered Gil's resistance feats through surviving All The World's Evil and his own innate Magic Resistance which resists things such as Spatial Manipulation that Road would have to use to get his Soul into her dream world. It might be pretty difficult for him to just get whisked away firsthand.

No skills whatsoever. Just direct combat as a soul (since Road can be hidden anywhere in that huge landscape of dream world (she can be even the ground), he was fighting tons of copies of his friends (though none of them used their abilities either)).

But yes, I'm taking Gil's resistances into account, hence why I said "If given enough time" for Road. I don't think Gil would be captured, dragged or offed right away or way too fast.

If he does get to the point of being dragged, though, he would have to be worried in the Dream world and with his empty body since at that point Road could probably kill it or seal it or teleport it to whatever place.

I think that Gilgamesh can easily repeatedly annihilate Road's real world incarnation, and if he can see no other way than to use Ea after all of his other weapons have proven ineffective, he'd use it. I just doubt that he'd use it to start the fight, but I don't think it's impossible for him to use it. Especially when he has such a large advantage over her normal state and she can't instantly whisk him away because of his resistance.

She could win if he was pulled in, but I see Ea's activation and use coming faster especially after nothing else was effective. My vote goes to Gilgamesh in this case.

Sure thing, then.

Gilgamesh: 3 (ThisIsMySwagPack, AizenIsHere, GalaxianAegis)

See if this is UBW Gil he WILL use EA.

For one Road is not a mongrel like that lil' bitch Shirou

Secondly, he already showed in UBW that he'll use it to show off.. If he learns what we assume he'll learn about Road at first glance he'll likely deem her "worthy" and the 2 scenarios will be he either fires EA right off the bate like vs that hand thing or 2 he'll fiddle around with GoB for a while then once realizing it does Jack shit fire off the thing he KNOWS will get her to back up.

Dream activates more or less instanateously, what are gil's resistance feats again. Is it Soul resistance or Mind resistance and can he resist being moved forcefully.

If he realizes that he needs to use Ea (I don't think he'll use it immediately at all), he can win, but otherwise.....lolno

Not enough to nope mind and soul hax on Road's level, but enough to leave him in the game for a good while for the fight to happen.

I think it was generally agreed that if Road does get him to the DW she wins, but if Gil pulls the EA before she manages to, he wins. Fairly even match, really.

If you want explanation on detail about his resistances, might want to wait for the Fate experts.

Since Aizenishere just changed his vote, it's currently:

Gilgamesh: 2 (ThisIsMySwagPack, GalaxianAegis)

Inconclusive: 1 (Aizenishere)

Back