• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh (Fate Series) vs Cloud Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming both are at full power and any form of applicable hax is allowed

Battle takes place some place where terrain cannot be used as an advantage to either combatator

Win through death or incapacitation

Easy Gilgamesh win, you said to inclue HAX, so just Enkidu + Ea then dead. (Even if Enkidu won't work that well on Cloud, it'll be more than enough to be a distraction to charge up Ea then shoot up an Enuma Elish.)

Even if Gilgamesh is arrogent in this battle, it won't really matter, as the weapons from his Gate of Babylon is more than enough. (Homing weapons, healing negation, GAE FRICKIN BOLG.)

All in favor of Gil-kun. ^^

Xmark12 said:
Easy Gilgamesh win, you said to inclue HAX, so just Enkidu + Ea then dead. (Even if Enkidu won't work that well on Cloud, it'll be more than enough to be a distraction to charge up Ea then shoot up an Enuma Elish.)
Even if Gilgamesh is arrogent in this battle, it won't really matter, as the weapons from his Gate of Babylon is more than enough. (Homing weapons, healing negation, GAE FRICKIN BOLG.)

All in favor of Gil-kun. ^^
Would not including hax favour the odds in Clouds favour? Or is Gilgamesh the victor regardless, because I'm perfectly okay with that.

I thought Gilgamesh couln't use Gae Bolg's sure-kill curse, because it's a weapon meant for close quarters, and Gil just fires them like rockets. But he does have Fragarach, which is the same, except it can be thrown.

But anyway, I'm also going with Gil, he speed disadvatage is just too much. In the UBW route, Gil was defetead by Shirou because he could project weapons faster than him (also because Gil is stupid and arrogant as hell). In this scenario, there's nothing stopping Gil from flying in his Vimana and shooting swords from the sky like meteors.

On the other hand Cloud has good attacking power and durability, and if he manages to strike a couple of times, Gil would take great amounts of damage.

In the end, I'm giving it to Gil, because of higher speed, versatility and hax.

4-0 to Gilgamesh if I can count, I feel like this match pretty much belongs to Gilgamesh at this point

I disagree. Cloud is far superior to Gilgamesh in stats. Look at their profiles.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Gilgamesh_(Fate_Series)

First of all, the speed. Gilgamesh is only MFTL in travel speed. So there's that, while Cloud is just FTL. Gilgamesh is Hypersonic+ with High Hypersonic reactions.

Next, the power (AP/DC). Gilgamesh is atleast 5-A, however Cloud is High 5-A. There's a difference in their power.

Even if Gilgamesh is more hax (questionably), Cloud would blitz and beat/kill Gilgamesh easily.

Actually LordLuminous, Cloud's actually 4-B. The High 5-A is his summons.

And though Gil does have MFTL+ on his page, that's only towards his Travel Speed. Anywhere else, he's only Hypersonic+ with HH reactions like you said.

And yeah even if Gil may have more hax (arguebly), Cloud's speed will allow him to blitz Gil with ease.

If anything, i think this is a stomp and is closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back