• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It is now known that geralts height is 186 cm from this image

But i've realized that's actually wrong, because what you really needed to do was to count the pixels as i did here

Ciri is 523 pixels and Geralt is 572 pixels, that exactly 9.3690248565966% difference

So putting the same formula to the height

Ciri's height is 175.26 and adding the 9.36% increase that would make geralts height around 191.6 cm or 6.2 feet tall...

Oh boy are we for a lot of pain to go through...

Oh god oh ****

Ah what the hell, I'll just get a screenshot of geralt standing next to Ciri and then do the pixel scaling myself. Going through my 5th playthrough now and I'm not that far off of the mission.

Not like this is gonna upgrade the results much and it literally won't change tiers.

Ciri was 175.26 cm when she was 14-16 years old in the books, so book Ciri is probably taller by the time she is 21 years old.

Luckily, there is something concrete to scale on for game heights. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Artbook says that Sigismund Dijkstra is "nearly seven feet". So we can assume Dijkstra is 6'11 and scale based on that.

I'm kinda iffy on the 7 feet statement TBH.

Unless of course the artbook is actual canon and authorized by the CEOs of CD Projekt themselves.

I don't think Geralt Is taller than 191.6 cm, Ciri may not have become taller. I don't remember any dialogue about Ciri's height, usually when you became taller everyone say "how tall have you become!" So we can assume that she's as tall as when she was 16 years old.

I was thinking again Geralt's height, and I'm wonder: do you considered the heights with their boots or barefoot? Just to notice, there is a huge difference between Geralt and Ciri footwears, indeed, Geralt's boots is around 2/2,5 cm, Ciri boots is around 6,5/7,5cm according with those thick heels. If Ciri is 175 cm without those boots, means she reach 182+ cm with her boots on, and she's still shorter than Geralt for almost 17 cm despite the footwear disadvantage for Geralt. If Ciri is 175 cm barefoot, means Geralt is 196/197 cm not 191.6 cm. The difference between them is almost 17 cm, but you see those difference when they're wearing their boots, not without. So, or Geralt is 196/197 cm barefoot or he's almost 192 cm just with his boots on, means he's 189 cm barefoot, if Ciri is 175 cm with her boots means her barefoot height is not 175 but 168 cm. Removing the footwear difference between the two characters, the real difference is around 22 cm.

Geralt barefoot really isn't much taller than he looks. I checked, he still scales reasonably well with booted Djikstra IIRC.

KLOL506 said:
Geralt barefoot really isn't much taller than he looks. I checked, he still scales reasonably well with booted Djikstra IIRC.
Geralt's boots aren't really thick, not more than 2/2.2 cm really. But you have still to consider the footwear gap between Geralt and Ciri, because we're trying to spot Geralt's height from Ciri, and Ciri should be 175 cm barefoot, and her boots are most likely 7,5 cm, wich means she's almost 183 cm next to Geralt all the time.

Djikstra is almost 213 cm, almost the same Shaquille O'Neal height.

The height revision here is right, I totally agree with that, but no one considered the footwear difference, doing a 1:1 comparison, but this is not the case, Ciri wear boots with around 5,3 cm heighter than Geralt's boots. So, according with this revision, Geralt is not 191,6 but 197 cm flat.

So i did some height comparsions between the height claims

Dijkstra most likely would be 6'11›, nearly 7'0 but not quite there

Geralt if we take ciri as 6'0 with boots that would mean geralt is 6'6

Ciri without boots would be 5'9 and 6'0 with them meaning her boots add 3 inches to her height

the most consistent thing about this thing that the height difference between geralt and ciri is between 5-6 inch in difference

so if ciri was 5'9 (175cm) then geralt would be 6'3 (191cm), and if ciri is 6'0 (183) then geralt would be 6'6 (199cm)

Also big show aka Paul Donald Wight II would be ******* perfect actor for djikstra

Geralt would be 191 just if Ciri is 175 cm with her boots on, means 168 cm barefoot. Looking at those long legs Ciri have, I really doubt her height is 168 cm, she's a legit 175 cm and with those boots 183 cm or really close to it. Geralt probably is 199 cm with boots on, and 197 cm barefoot. Really tall height, but this could explain why Geralt is not much shorter next to Dijkstra

ThaTSayMarine said:
Also just realized that this calculatio is kinda outdated

In that calc the height used was of that of average polish person which is 178 cm which is really outlandish because why even polish?
Well, the Witcher series was made in Poland and is very roughly based off of Poland in a fantasy setting. But yeah, that is very presumptuous.

I got a more accurate height representation of Geralt. Though fair warning: It really isn't gonna change the result of the current calcs by much.

GeraltCiri
Ciri's head (Green) is 138px. The avg. head is 24 cm.
Geralt towers that by 91px (Red). The blue is just for alignment, so you can ignore the blue line completely.

138/91= 1.5164835164835164835164835164835x and 24/1.5164835164835164835164835164835= 15.8261 cm.

Add that to Ciri's height of 175.26 cm or 5ft 9inch and Geralt is basically 191.0861 cm or 6ft 3 inch.

KLOL506 said:
I got a more accurate height representation of Geralt. Though fair warning: It really isn't gonna change the result of the current calcs by much.
GeraltCiri
Ciri's head (Green) is 138px. The avg. head is 24 cm.
Geralt towers that by 91px (Red). The blue is just for alignment, so you can ignore the blue line completely.

138/91= 1.5164835164835164835164835164835x and 24/1.5164835164835164835164835164835= 15.8261 cm.

Add that to Ciri's height of 175.26 cm or 5ft 9inch and Geralt is basically 191.0861 cm or 6ft 3 inch.
That's literally the same height as what OP said

Not exactly, the OP states 191.6 cm while mine is 191.0861 cm.

Still 6ft 3in but a lower form of it.

Makes 0 sense Geralt being that tall, in game we see many NPCs with around the same height and some that are taller, which isn't that common for a 190cm+ guy

Te looks tall, but not thaaaaaaaat tall

Dante Demon Killah said:
Makes 0 sense Geralt being that tall, in game we see many NPCs with around the same height and some that are taller, which isn't that common for a 190cm+ guy

Te looks tall, but not thaaaaaaaat tall
Then those NPC's are around that size then, the NPC'S can fight and kill small builidjng level beings yet them being tall is where you draw the line.

He doesn't look even a 190 cm tall in game if that matter, the same Ciri doesn't look 175 cm plus heels, the same Dijkstra doesn't look almost 7 foot tall, but we're talking about a specific calculation, and according with that, he's definitely around 197 cm.

Based on Ciri height as stated in the novels, I get it, but wouldn't be better if we take a in game image of them ?

Also, why his height is actually important ? AP calcs ?

Actually there is in fact a height difference between the main characters, for example

Djikstra is taller than geralt, and Geralt is taller than dandelio (And as a note: Dandelion is stated by geralt to be tall and lean in witcher 3 meaning he is above average in height)

And my theory for why the characters are comparable to geralt in height is because it's a pain in the ass to animate something that is out of proportions to animations that are intended for smaller models, that's why they're all the same size in the game and actually vary in size while in cutscenes

That theory would affect the relation between Geralt and Djikstra aswell, since their difference in game might not be reliable since models are a pain, so "closer to 7" is meh

That image with Geralt and Dandellion has a different angle, we need them side by side with a good angle, and as far I remember, he's taller than Geralt

Dandellion is definitely not taller than Geralt, if anything, they're more or less the same height.

EVEN WHEN GERALT IS BAREFEET.

Witcher3 2020 02 14 06 04 01 244

Actually, NVM, Geralt is actually quite a small bit taller than Dandelion.
Witcher3 2020 02 14 06 11 04 490

Dante Demon Killah said:
That theory would affect the relation between Geralt and Djikstra aswell, since their difference in game might not be reliable since models are a pain, so "closer to 7" is meh
That image with Geralt and Dandellion has a different angle, we need them side by side with a good angle, and as far I remember, he's taller than Geralt
Djikstra might range from 6'11 to 6'9 because that's the closest it would come to "nearly seven foot" And then it would make sense why djisktra and geralt seem to be so similar in height

the best example would be Hulk Hogan (6'6) vs Andre the Giant (6'10) While we see who is clearly taller but not by a large margin but when we compare djikstra and geralt we would assume it would give us a similar result but nope they're for some weird reason the same height

Hogan-Andre

ERE

Witcher3 2020 02 13 22 09 42 890
Both Dandy and Ciri are standing on the same ground so they're level.
Make this of what you will, but Geralt is definitely a CHAD. And will definitely hit 6ft 6 after all kek.

Back