• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Geralt has a lot of free time, and decides to hone his unarmed skills further. So he goes to Tokyo to do just that.

His first opponent in the 9-A Baki gauntlet is Kaoru Hanayama

Fist fight, no equipment

Speed not equalized

Fight takes place in the park where Kaoru fought Spec

Fight starts 2 meters outside melee range

I'll assume that Geralt will not use signs

Kaoru may be big but Geralt has huge experience when it comes to fighting bigger enemies

He is very skilled when it comes to H2H fighting, for example when he takes down 5 armored men with having his hands tied up and they didn't even manage to hit him, also he has damn good senses that helps him to dodge opponents moves and pain tolerance/stamina that helps him to fight for veeery long time, combine that with his almost 100 years of fighting experience and training and that he won every single tournament in series. Voting Geralto

Hanayama might have the physical strength to overpower and kill Geralt, hell if he grabs Geralt he'll pop his skull open like a ballon, but his style is just that. Powerful punches with no strategy or skill. That might work 1 or 2 times out of 10 but most times Geralt takes this via his massive skill advantage, likely faster movement speed, and plenty of abilities that can harm Hanayama aside from physical attacks. Geralt takes this mid diff.

If what amlad22 states is true then geralt takes it

Seriously, if the guy only got strength and no tactics that ain't gonna be effective on someone who is experienced as hell and has fought bears and literal walking boulders with his bare hands

Also i just realized they're the same size for some reason (Both are 191 cm tall)

Hanayama and Geralt may be the same height but Hanayama is like, 365 lbs (165 kg). Hanayama's not too slow either, I believe in Hanayama Gaiden it was stated that he was able to swim as fast as most olympic swimmers (this was his first time swimming too). Hanayama would also be able to defeat bears easily since because the Yasha ape is basically a bear/monkey/gorrilla thingy. Pain endurance and stamina is basically his gimmick. All he needs is to grab Geralt and he'd probably win.

Geralt massively outskills Hanayama, Geralt is honorable so he will not use signs but he is still a trained martial artist and became a champion in boxing basically everywhere and can outclass even the finest warriors.

They have similar lifting strength so they will trade blows evenly. Geralt also has incredible stamina and pain tolerance feats.

Hanayama's speed is not nearly enough to catch Geralt and that's the main issue. Peak human speed is nothing to Geralt. Grabbing is a win condition for sure but when Geralt is faster and wayyyyyy more skilled the odds of that happening is extremely low.

@SpookyShadow Geralt being a trained martial artis or champion boxer basically means nothing because Hanayama obliterated Yuri Chakovsky, a champion boxer

Being a champion boxer means nothing compared to the man who was trained since day 1 how to fight by a 100 year old master Witcher in a rigorous mutant training while learning all about humans and all monsters anatomy and weaknesses, later becoming a almost 100 year old man himself even surpassing his master and becoming a champion everywhere

Since this is unarmed I don't see a way that Geralt can do enough damage to Hanayama. Hanayama has insane pain tolerance and durability.

I'm leaning towards Geralt here. Generally speaking, Geralt just seems to have practically everything Hanayama has, while also having good counters to Hanayama's few advantages and tons of extremely useful abilities. All things considered, Hanayama isn't anything special compared to what Geralt has fought before. I wouldn't consider it a stomp, but it's a pretty damn decisive win for Geralt.

Not talking about the fact that Geralt can simply use Aard to break out of his hands. It's a fist fight so he will consider it kinda unfair.

Yeah, their AP and Durability is quite close. They'd both be fully capable of harming eachother.

They're both supersonic+ so geralt isn't that much faster than hanayama. Also Hanayama took spec's 5 minute long barrage of attacks without much damage

Hanayama would demolish Geralt if I could touch him... which he can't. Skill gap is just too big, my vote goes to Geralt FRA

Spec is experienced yes, but skilled? Not so much. He was a brawler just like Hanayama who was good at improvising with whatever weapons were around him. Hanayama doesn't do the best against highly skilled opponents that are comparable to him in strength, this is no different.

Also Hanayama countered Spec's apnea rush after 30 seconds tops. He didn't let the whole thing play out.

Back