• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact Revision: Xiao Ability Additions

Hello, so Xiao's profile is mostly complete from a player perspective but it's missing some very important additions:

From the Yakshas: The Guardian Adepti
But there came a day when the yakshas, despite their might, found that their deeds had taken their toll, and that the remnants of divine bitterness had begun to poison them. Some descended into a blind rage of a kind that can not be put into words, or were driven by fear to equally indescribable madness. Some turned on and destroyed each other. Some were lost to delusions of the mind.
For this reason, it is said that the wages of being blessed with supernatural power is a destiny of hardship and eventual destruction. For the Yaksha lost all his friends, family, and those he fought alongside. He built up an incalculable karmic debt from the violent deeds his like necessitated, and the consequence was a heart filled with darkness and hatred from which there was no rest. There was no reward to be gained from making an enemy of his own bitterness and hatred from the old days, nor there any escape from the unbearable suffering. The torment ate away at his heart like an insatiable wolf, and an infinite number of lifetimes could have done nothing to reduce it.
From Ode to Windborn Wraith
The document mentions that though the yaksha were mighty and upright among the adepti, they were bound by their own karma to suffer great horrors and tribulations. As such, they wandered the land in a state of unending suffering.
The only way to eradicate such hatred is to accept the karmic debt it brings. The magnitude of the bad karma Xiao has accumulated over the years is enough to consume flesh, bone, and soul alike.

Xiao should get Supernatural Willpower as well as his from this due to being able to bear the psychological and spiritual torment of his karmic debt, as well as endure this torment while fighting immense battles against demons. On top of that, he should also gain resistance to Empathic Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Corruption.

From Alatus Act I Part 3:
Xiao: I was purging some living beings that had been tainted by the demonic. It would appear that I have caused you some trouble.
Paimon: (Huh? he isn't usually this polite, what's going on...)
Paimon: But you were exorcizing demons, how is that causing trouble?
Xiao: That is because the changes that occurred in these monsters stem from me — or more precisely, from the karma I have accumulated.
This more or less demonstrates that Xiao should have a Corruption Aura, as his karmic debt managed to corrupt nearby beings. And scaling with this, the karma that Xiao radiates should be able to do the same as above.

Summary:

Xiao gets Corruption Aura, Supernatural Willpower, Resistance to Empathic Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Corruption

Most of this makes sense to me but Xiao already has a Resistance against Biological Manipulation listed.

Pretty straightforward, agree.

Also what about tp and further range clarification?

Edit: actually let's just leave that to another crt down the line, no need to do it now.

Pretty straightforward, agree.

Also what about tp and further range clarification?
Xiao already has Teleportation on his profile, so the only thing that leaves would be a clearer justification and the range. We would need to determine what sort of range all of Liyue is before clarifying the range though.

Already talked about this in the discord, i agree with everything besides the ones that are already on his profile, and after this there should also be a Karma CRT for him

Already talked about this in the discord, i agree with everything besides the ones that are already on his profile, and after this there should also be a Karma CRT for him
What Karma revision cause there isn't anything else notable about Karma that would give Xiao some other abilities or increase potency, as far as i'm aware of.

Also since Zhongli got poison manip resistance via likely being able to resist the painkiller he made that nothing in this world can withstand, would Xiao be the same since the painkiller was made for Xiao.

The rest will be saved for another CRT, the goal is just to get these accepted for Xiao's profile

What Karma revision cause there isn't anything else notable about Karma that would give Xiao some other abilities or increase potency, as far as i'm aware of.
If he has the Corruption Aura that would mean he can give others his Karma passively, and we see what Karma can do, like the other Yakshas and all the Hilichurls from his quest, giving the Karma things like Madness Manip.

If he has the Corruption Aura that would mean he can give others his Karma passively, and we see what Karma can do, like the other Yakshas and all the Hilichurls from his quest, giving the Karma things like Madness Manip.
This can be specified under his Corruption Aura, likely in a parenthesis (Xiao radiates his accumulated karma, which in large quantities can break flesh, bone, and even the soul, inducing madness and fear into those around him)

Also the range of the aura should be relevant, but I think we can lowball it to the same range as his magic at the very least. That will be discussed too since we'd also need to judge how far Wangshu Inn is from the rest of the field

determining distance in-game is really bad so I'll agree with just the range of his magic. as those affected by karma are often within close vicinity of him anyway

anyway I agree

I was looking through the GI profiles and unless I'm missing something shouldn't Xiao have longevity? (It states he's over two thousand years old and the adeptus are describe as "nigh-immortal") and acrobatics? (His fighting style is all about plunging attacks and dashing throughout the air, similar to dragoons from FF).

Aside from that the CRT is pretty straight forward tbh.

He should honestly, his profile is a little incomplete but these are relevant abilities, I can add them as a side note as well since the scans are self-explanatory. Acrobatics as well for basically everyone in this game. But the goal is for these abilities to be added first.

I know nothing of this verse, but I've been asked to evaluate this, so I will judge the op without having deep knowledge.

Anyway, the additions make sense, at least according to the text provided.
Remember to add references to the profile.

Alright since this isn't a very controversial change, I've applied the changes, this thread can be closed now

Alright since this isn't a very controversial change, I've applied the changes, this thread can be closed now
I was looking through the GI profiles and unless I'm missing something shouldn't Xiao have longevity? (It states he's over two thousand years old and the adeptus are describe as "nigh-immortal") and acrobatics? (His fighting style is all about plunging attacks and dashing throughout the air, similar to dragoons from FF).

Aside from that the CRT is pretty straight forward tbh.
Isn't there still this?

Longevity and acrobatics are something I'll probably save for a future CRT because it seems like a lot of the pages need a blanket change rather than just one.

Back