• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

Also they can fight the one lol 7-B that doesn’t have passives (still iffy on those anyway, might take them out soon.)

Law Manip for Adepti via their Abodes?

So how's the community? Still in civil war? Even after Zhongli "buff" news? Is there any new drama from albedo and Ganyu? Are they still tearing each other?

That a relief then, months ago was so stressful to the point i gave up on GI community, dunno if all the goodness train will convince me back

Btw dibs on Childe

Edit: Childe's done.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Speaking of which, we need to revise those. We're able to dodge the cloud-to-ground lightning during storms, so there shouldn't be an issue using the standard speed for that feat, which exists iirc.

Jean is done and added to the verse page. Turns out she's a lot more hyped up than I initially thought. Did you know she once destroyed five Ruin Guards at once, and her biggest concern afterwards was that she accidentally busted them up too badly; to the point that they couldn't be preserved for study?

Kinda wanna do Beidou since she's another absolute badass, but I have hopes she'll show up in Inazuma so I'll hold off on that.

Jean is done and added to the verse page. Turns out she's a lot more hyped up than I initially thought. Did you know she once destroyed five Ruin Guards at once, and her biggest concern afterwards was that she accidentally busted them up too badly; to the point that they couldn't be preserved for study?

Kinda wanna do Beidou since she's another absolute badass, but I have hopes she'll show up in Inazuma so I'll hold off on that.
Destroyed 5 Ruin Guards at once.

Stone Forest should be a cakewalk for her.

Too bad it doesn't work that way in gameplay for me....

Peoples are too sleeping in Jean ass, that why she's not that hyped

Also i just checked the tier list and i see that Jean and Zhongli are in A tier and i was like: DAFUW

Honestly, even with Jean being more hyped up than I thought, Beidou is just another lore beast entirely. Of the characters we've met so far, not including the ex-gods and sorta-gods (the Adepti and Four Winds), she's the only one who sounds like an actual legend just from her backstory.

Fought Haishan, a legendary beast, for four days straight? Sounds like Gilgamesh fighting Enkidu. Haishan was an aquatic behemoth of unparalleled size? Sounds like Captain Ahab and Moby ******* Dick. Haishan was a hydra, and was killed in a single strike that destroyed all its heads at the same time? Sounds like Hercules!

And all of this was done without a Vision.

Beidou is revered as being a mountain-splitting, sea-parting, giant sea monster one-shotting, absolute legend of a seafarer who laughs at storms, tames the ocean, plays with children and saves those stranded at sea regardless of the cost to herself, all to the point of being canonically worshipped as a living goddess by her own crew.

Screw Ningguang. Beidou deserves that 5-star status.

Beidou has the most baddass backstory out of all human characters without any doubt, i wouldn't be surprised if she was the strongest human in Liyue (which she almost certainly is).

Honestly the only thing Ningguang has for her background is the fact she was poor and then somehow became the richest person in the world lol.

Let's not forget that Beidou beat Ningguang in chess. Twice.

Chess is like the smart person thing. Obvs this means Beidou is smarter than Ning.

Just trying to fill up the verse page with characters, so I'm doing Amber rn and trying to estimate her age.

She was a child, though much older than Klee based on her height, when Diluc left the Knights of Favonius. She hadn't become a knight yet at that point, which is an important detail, since she must have joined very soon afterward, or else the timeline would fail to match up. Amber's grandpa resigned and disappeared 4 years before the present day, which would put it around the same time as Diluc's own resignation from the Knights. It's said in Amber's background that she had "just been admitted to the Outriders" when her grandfather left and enough time had passed since her joining for rumors to spread about his mysterious disappearance.

Assuming Amber was somewhere between 10-14 at the time, which is around the same age that all the other knights we know of also first joined the KoF, then +0.5 years for her to join the knights, train and become a member of the Outriders, +4 years to the present day, then another +1 year for the events concerning Collei to happen, Diluc to get his Vision back and for the Darknight Hero to become famous, then she'd be between 15.5 to 19.5 years old in present time. Then taking into account that Amber was drinking alcohol during Jean's story quest, and assuming the same legal drinking age between Mondstadt and Germany, then Amber would have to be between 16-19.5 years old at the time.

Way too much thinking went into this.

I don’t think you could use German drinking age since it’s a Medevial Fantasy setting as opposed to a modern, urban fantasy one.

Teyvat is hardly medieval, considering they have coffee, robots, and tuxedos. Just look at the party held by the Dawn Winery in the manga. Plus, legal drinking ages only came to be in the 1900s irl, at least as far as I know, so considering that Mond has actual laws about those things is another point in favor of Teyvat being more modern than it appears in-game.

Plus, considering it was a party held for Jean, I doubt any illegal drinking was going to happen there, so Amber must've been old enough to legally consume them.

Speaking of Amber...

I mean the robots are more of a Final Fantasy situation, where they are a rare sorta unusually thing.
The weaponry, settings, etc, all seem more medieval, maybe slightly after.
Though the party, and parts of the culture seems more modern.
Kinda it’s own thing rather then one strict genre, mostly up to it being a anime-esque fantasy story.
Also Amber, nice. Will get started on my stuff tonight, starting with Barbera because why not.

when did Jean blitz Amber?

Also, I was under the impression that non-boss monsters were considered fodder? So how is defeating a couple of Ruin Guards impressive?

Are they? Wasn’t Amber worried about a group of Hilichurls?
I mean Vision users aren’t necessarily stronger then well trained people in the setting and it took a few guards to handle big slimes.

I don’t think this is a verse where enemies are complete fodder.

Just trying to fill up the verse page with characters, so I'm doing Amber rn and trying to estimate her age.

She was a child, though much older than Klee based on her height, when Diluc left the Knights of Favonius. She hadn't become a knight yet at that point, which is an important detail, since she must have joined very soon afterward, or else the timeline would fail to match up. Amber's grandpa resigned and disappeared 4 years before the present day, which would put it around the same time as Diluc's own resignation from the Knights. It's said in Amber's background that she had "just been admitted to the Outriders" when her grandfather left and enough time had passed since her joining for rumors to spread about his mysterious disappearance.

Assuming Amber was somewhere between 10-14 at the time, which is around the same age that all the other knights we know of also first joined the KoF, then +0.5 years for her to join the knights, train and become a member of the Outriders, +4 years to the present day, then another +1 year for the events concerning Collei to happen, Diluc to get his Vision back and for the Darknight Hero to become famous, then she'd be between 15.5 to 19.5 years old in present time. Then taking into account that Amber was drinking alcohol during Jean's story quest, and assuming the same legal drinking age between Mondstadt and Germany, then Amber would have to be between 16-19.5 years old at the time.

Way too much thinking went into this.
Probably it would be better to use the legal age in China or Japan, since who wrote the game is likely from that.

Are they? Wasn’t Amber worried about a group of Hilichurls?
I mean Vision users aren’t necessarily stronger then well trained people in the setting and it took a few guards to handle big slimes.

I don’t think this is a verse where enemies are complete fodder.
Hilichurls tend to vary in strength, as noted by Paimon in Dragonspine.

Also, Amber was only wary because she didn't have her bow and she was honestly relatively weak at that point in time. She got notably stronger in the fight against Barnabas, then kept getting stronger as noted by Jean in her voicelines, so Amber in-game is much stronger than Amber in the manga.

when did Jean blitz Amber?

Also, I was under the impression that non-boss monsters were considered fodder? So how is defeating a couple of Ruin Guards impressive?
Jean fought and moved at speeds much faster than Amber could keep up with when she fought Mecha Krupp.

Ruin Guards are treated as extremely dangerous enemies. If they were fodder, then Childe wouldn't have needed his FLT to destroy 4 in 10 seconds. Plus, Dottore wouldn't be interested in researching fodder considering the Fatui already has access to Archon Residue and Delusions.

Another noteworthy thing is tbat Post-Mondstadt Traveler couldn't beat the Ruin Hunter that appeared outside Wangshu Inn.

btw **** that Ruin Hunter from that one commission. That asshole jumpscared the shit outta me...

Regardless, as I said, Ruin Machines (Guards, Hunters, Brazers) are considered to be very high level enemies. While they ain't exactly bosses, they aren't that far behind. Or more specifically, consistently seen as strong enough to scale to the main cast.

Jean fought and moved at speeds much faster than Amber could keep up with when she fought Mecha Krupp.

Ruin Guards are treated as extremely dangerous enemies. If they were fodder, then Childe wouldn't have needed his FLT to destroy 4 in 10 seconds. Plus, Dottore wouldn't be interested in researching fodder considering the Fatui already has access to Archon Residue and Delusions.

Another noteworthy thing is tbat Post-Mondstadt Traveler couldn't beat the Ruin Hunter that appeared outside Wangshu Inn.
I mean, he destroyed 4 relatively easily while injured in under a minute

also considering how the Ruin Hunters can be massed-produced by someone like Dottore

plus they are treated as foot soldiers in the Abyss Order

I agree they aren't as weak as like Hilichurls or something, but scaling them to the main cast might be a bit of a stretch, no?

He did so in what I am led to believe is a much stronger form.

Them being mass produced doesn't stop them from being a threat to regular characters. It's a matter of technology here. Just because this guy mass produces them doesn't mean he is above them. Also Ruin Guards are still mindless machines that follow orders. This doesn't have anything to do with power and more of what Ruin Machines are and how they operate. Obviously Top Tiers like Jean, Diluc or Zhongli aren' t really threatened by Ruin Guards, however this doesn't stop them from scaling to normal characters, especially when besting Ruin Guards is a big deal. So no, scaling them is not a stretch whatsoever.

also considering how the Ruin Hunters can be massed-produced by someone like Dottore

plus they are treated as foot soldiers in the Abyss Order

I agree they aren't as weak as like Hilichurls or something, but scaling them to the main cast might be a bit of a stretch, no?
Ruin Guards were being researched by Dottore. He doesn't have any idea of how to produce them, and in fact got bored trying to figure out how they work and abandoned the labs.

Aa for being treated as foot soldiers by the Abyss Order? Since when? There are, at max, 4 Ruin Guards in the same area at a time. Meanwhile the AO throws Abyss Mages and Churls by the dozens. That's like calling a tank a foot soldier.

As for Childe in base form against the RGs, that was with help from the Traveler, who he acknowledges as a rival. That doesn't erase at all the fact that Childe needed his FLT to defeat 4 in under 10 seconds. Which means he couldn't do the same in base, meaning RGs definitely aren't fodder.

Best Boy Benny has a file now

Back