• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact General Discussion!

If no one else has called them, I call Bennett, Razor, Zhongli and Chongyun. Just give me the general stats and justifications.

If no one else has called them, I call Bennett, Razor, Zhongli and Chongyun. Just give me the general stats and justifications.
Already called Zhongli myself, but the rest are free I think. Razor has the same feat as Lisa, which is 7-B. Dunno about Bennett and Chongyun though.

Another addition to the Albedo hype train:

Lots of lore has been talking about how Khaenri'ah had access to powers comparable to the Archons, and Dainsleif has hinted at Albedo's immense risk due to being the product of Khaenri'ah's specific branch of Alchemy. Rhinedottir (Albedo's master and creator) and Gold are heavily hinted to be the same person, and Gold is hundreds of years old seeing as she created Durin, whose power was outright stated to be comparable to Barbatos. Heck, if the extent of Durin's insanity is as portrayed (he thought he was having fun singing with Mondstadt and playing in the skies with Dvalin, during their battle), then this power was all Durin not even taking the fight against Dvalin and Barbatos as, well, a fight. He was literally playing with them.

If I also remember right, if Rhinedottir created Durin, then she also created the monsters that killed the last Dendro Archon. This all lines up with the cataclysm that occurred 500 years ago, which also conveniently is when the Tsaritsa had her falling-out with the other Archons.

TL;DR Full power Albedo might be Archon tier.

On another note, I feel like Khaenri'ah is the key to a massive power level spike in Genshin, seeing as the endgame seems to be fighting the gods of Celestia, and we basically know on a meta level that the Tsaritsa sure isn't succeeding without our help. The Other Sibling is also hinted by Dainsleif to be heavily connected to Khaenri'ah, which would tie in with the theorized end-goal of the Abyss Order being to take revenge against the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, and by extension, Celestia. Khaenri'ah itself being shown after Snezhnaya in the story trailer also hints at a possible three-way team-up between the Traveler (and their allies), the Fatui, and the Abyss Order.

Last edited:
Aether was OP but it was against Fatui soldiers, who are fodder even compared to his Base
Not really. Paimon pretty much says that the Fatui attacking the Ballista were giving the Traveler (and Keqing ig) plenty of trouble. Seeing as they're Childe's personal group, I kinda expect them to be stronger than most Fatui.
We don't know if the current Adepti are as strong as the Adepti from the past. After all, Barbatos and Morax are not strong in the present day
We do though. All of the Adepti we know were notable enough to be close with Morax and Guizhong during the Archon War. Plus, Morax never lost his power, only Barbatos did. Even then, Morax's best feats were done as an Adeptus and without his Gnosis. So by all means, unless stated otherwise, current Zhongli is still capable of recreating Guyun Stone Forest.
We also don't know how much power the Adepti actually gave Aether.
So we don't know how strong he ended up being
The Traveler went from having trouble with the Fatui to basically oneshotting them with just Madame Ping's buff. Xiao's buff amped their speed so much that Paimon was overwhelmed despite keeping up with Traveler's regular top speed against Childe.

So are we scaling all the other playable characters in general to Razor and Lisa as a general form of scaling for the characters?

I don't see why not. At the worst, weaker characters like Amber would backscale, since she supported the Traveler and Razor in their fight against Andrius. I dunno about Fischl, though Bennett is apparently extremely talented in combat and strong enough to impress Varka, who trained Razor, so they should be comparable.

Another addition to the Albedo hype train:

Lots of lore has been talking about how Khaenri'ah had access to powers comparable to the Archons, and Dainsleif has hinted at Albedo's immense risk due to being the product of Khaenri'ah's specific branch of Alchemy. Rhinedottir (Albedo's master and creator) and Gold are heavily hinted to be the same person, and Gold is hundreds of years old seeing as she created Durin, whose power was outright stated to be comparable to Barbatos. Heck, if the extent of Durin's insanity is as portrayed (he thought he was having fun singing with Mondstadt and playing in the skies with Dvalin, during their battle), then this power was all Durin not even taking the fight against Dvalin and Barbatos as, well, a fight. He was literally playing with them.

If I also remember right, if Rhinedottir created Durin, then she also created the monsters that killed the last Dendro Archon. This all lines up with the cataclysm that occurred 500 years ago, which also conveniently is when the Tsaritsa had her falling-out with the other Archons.

TL;DR Full power Albedo might be Archon tier.

On another note, I feel like Khaenri'ah is the key to a massive power level spike in Genshin, seeing as the endgame seems to be fighting the gods of Celestia, and we basically know on a meta level that the Tsaritsa sure isn't succeeding without our help. The Other Sibling is also hinted by Dainsleif to be heavily connected to Khaenri'ah, which would tie in with the theorized end-goal of the Abyss Order being to take revenge against the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, and by extension, Celestia. Khaenri'ah itself being shown after Snezhnaya in the story trailer also hints at a possible three-way team-up between the Traveler (and their allies), the Fatui, and the Abyss Order.
1. So Albedo = Archon tier cuz his master is capable of creating Archon-level beings? That's like saying an architect's LEGO toy house is just as sturdy as his skyscraper. Does Albedo have any statements scaling him to Durin, other than Albedo's statement that he might go bat sh*t crazy one day?

2. When did it say that Durin was toying with Dvalin? I haven't unlocked all the storylines yet

You would have to prove that he did get weaker. Is their any statement saying he got "weaker"?
I mean that's a fair point. I can't prove that.
However, iirc Archons's power scale to how much control they have over their respective nations. Morax completely relinquished his power over his country. Shouldn't that at least affect Zhongli somewhat?

However, iirc Archons's power scale to how much control they have over their respective nations. Morax completely relinquished his power over his country. Shouldn't that at least affect Zhongli somewhat?
You have the exact quote for that?

So, how does Gnosis works? It appears that when Archon loses it, it weakens him only for a short period of time. But what is it's purpose than?

1. So Albedo = Archon tier cuz his master is capable of creating Archon-level beings? That's like saying an architect's LEGO toy house is just as sturdy as his skyscraper. Does Albedo have any statements scaling him to Durin, other than Albedo's statement that he might go bat sh*t crazy one day?

2. When did it say that Durin was toying with Dvalin? I haven't unlocked all the storylines yet
I did say "might be".

As for the second thing, it's in Festering Desire's descriptions iirc. Durin came to Mondstadt with the belief that he was spreading the story of his homeland. He arrived and sang with the people, celebrated with them and danced in the air with his friend Dvalin while listening to the joyous songs of a certain bard. Then he woke up with Dvalin's teeth in his neck, realized he had been under a deluded dream the whole time, and died right after.

That's with Archons. Morax didn't become an Archon until the end of the Archon War. He was an Adeptus when he slew the Chi. He was an Adeptus when he slew Osial. He was an Adeptus when he threw mountain spears and created Guyun Stone Forest. He's an Adeptus now as Zhongli, as proven by the fact that he still uses Adeptus arts like dream weaving.

Literally all of his feats during the Archon War was purely his strength as the Prime of the Adepti, and not the Geo Archon. Ergo, the whole "control over their people" thing that are the Archons' source of power doesn't apply.

Venti only became so weak when he lost his power as an Archon because he was a nameless wind spirit before he got his Gnosis. Zhongli was the strongest Adeptus in all of known history. It's hardly a comparable scenario.

As for being featless, maybe. However, the Traveler outright states that Childe would get destroyed by Zhongli in a fight in Childe's voicelines. We know this is reliable info considering the Traveler is familiar with both of their abilities, especially Childe's, since they're basically rivals.

Also, Zhongli was already considered a God long before getting his Gnosis, he was already the "Lord of Geo" and God of War, Contracts, etc. long before getting the Geo Gnosis. We need to remember that being an Archon is not the same as being a God, considering the Archon War was literally mostly about Gods fighting each other to be the Archons.

Venti only became so weak when he lost his power as an Archon because he was a nameless wind spirit before he got his Gnosis. Zhongli was the strongest Adeptus in all of known history. It's hardly a comparable scenario.
To point this out, No-Gnosis Venti is not actually weak. It is stated in one of the Lore Books in-game that he gained a lot of power from the faith of the Gunnhildr Clan, which is what allowed him to fight and ultimately kill Decarabian, who was a Archon. Considering that, it would mean that No-Gnosis Venti is > Decarabian.

Last edited:
Where was it said that Barbatos was the one who killed Decarabian? As far as I'm aware, we only know that Decarabian died in the rebellion, not how he died. It could've been Amos for all we know.

It also wouldn't make sense for No-Gnosis Venti to be able to kill a full power Decarabian and then get smacked by Signora. Either Venti never beat Decarabian, or the Gunnhildr clan's empowerment only applied to "the wind spirit Barbatos", and not "Venti the bard". Or Signora is just swole af, but somehow I don't think that's it.

Where was it said that Barbatos was the one who killed Decarabian? As far as I'm aware, we only know that Decarabian died in the rebellion, not how he died. It could've been Amos for all we know.
Like i said it was stated in one of the In-Story Books, called "Biography of Gunnhildr", there it is stated that Venti was the one to directly confront Decarabian and emerge victorious. The actual quotes:

"Just when all hope seemed to be lost for the wandering clan, a spirit from the midst of the myriad winds heard Gunnhildr's prayers. The sincere plea of a clan chief's young daughter joined with a people's cry of help, a cry that the blizzard had all but drowned out, and became a faith. The faith gathered in front of the wind spirit like water flowing into a spring and became the source from which the wind spirit drew its power. The wind spirit used this power to make a small shelter for the clan, and bestowed upon the clan chief's daughter the power to protect." This about Venti getting power from the Clan's faith.

"After her father's death, Gunnhildr took his place as the clan's leader. She also became its first priestess. From that day forth, she protected her clan faithfully. When the Anemo Archon Barbatos challenged the aloof and selfish king Decarabian's rule, Gunnhildr led her people to make a stand against the Archon's fury. But when Barbatos finally fought through the ferocious winds and freed the tyrant's subjects, she was also the one who decorated the victorious Anemo Archon with laurels." While this confirms Venti was the one who actively (ot at least ultimately) defeated Decarabian.

It also wouldn't make sense for No-Gnosis Venti to be able to kill a full power Decarabian and then get smacked by Signora. Either Venti never beat Decarabian, or the Gunnhildr clan's empowerment only applied to "the wind spirit Barbatos", and not "Venti the bard". Or Signora is just swole af, but somehow I don't think that's it.
Could also be that one of the downsides of getting a Gnosis is being subject to the "You get weaker if you don't rule your nation" rule, even if you had power beforehand or something like that.

Last edited:
Alrighty on the first part.

That second part is entirely speculation though. Based on our current knowledge, it's much more likely Venti lost that faith power that Gunnhildr gave him. Regardless, it's ultimately irrelevant to Zhongli's case.

Zhongli did say that he would throw some more islands at Osial if the others failed so he's probably still as strong as before.

And in the new story quest, Ganyu said that Traveller is at least equal to if not stronger than her.

Although Zhongli could totally do so without said Gnosis, he still had it when he made that statement, so it doesn't really count.

Although that statement does give us an idea of how much the Gnosis would amp his existing abilities, considering Osial was implied to be a bitter rival of Adeptus Morax, while Archon Morax believed he could deal with the thing easily enough for the fight to pose no threat to Liyue despite the close proximity.

I did say "might be".

As for the second thing, it's in Festering Desire's descriptions iirc. Durin came to Mondstadt with the belief that he was spreading the story of his homeland. He arrived and sang with the people, celebrated with them and danced in the air with his friend Dvalin while listening to the joyous songs of a certain bard. Then he woke up with Dvalin's teeth in his neck, realized he had been under a deluded dream the whole time, and died right after.
holy crap you're right

daaaaaang

That's with Archons. Morax didn't become an Archon until the end of the Archon War. He was an Adeptus when he slew the Chi. He was an Adeptus when he slew Osial. He was an Adeptus when he threw mountain spears and created Guyun Stone Forest. He's an Adeptus now as Zhongli, as proven by the fact that he still uses Adeptus arts like dream weaving.

Literally all of his feats during the Archon War was purely his strength as the Prime of the Adepti, and not the Geo Archon. Ergo, the whole "control over their people" thing that are the Archons' source of power doesn't apply.

As for being featless, maybe. However, the Traveler outright states that Childe would get destroyed by Zhongli in a fight in Childe's voicelines. We know this is reliable info considering the Traveler is familiar with both of their abilities, especially Childe's, since they're basically rivals.
also right

oh dear

I haven’t played in a long while, but I might jump back in anyway, both for the fun of it and to help with this.

Zhongli is done.

Doesn't Zhongli have the ability to create and discard extra bodies (like the exuvia) and would killing him cause the same thing that happened with Havria?

Zhongli is done.

shouldn't Zhongli literally yeeting mountains across Teyvat be higher than City level?

Iirc t was stated that the Gunyun Stone Pillars in the present day are the massively eroded remains of the stuff Zhongli threw

Meaning that in the past they were a lot bigger than they were today

Zhongli is done.

One small thing. I believe that you should link Razor and Lisa's calcs to the character pages, at least until I get around to Razor's profile. That way people aren't lost as to why theae guys are 7-B when scaling to a character with no file.

Really wonder how powerful Full Power Traveler is since with only 2 Elements and barely any (if any) of their true power back they are already Adepti level according to Ganyu. And in fact the Traveler will be even stronger when they regain their original power than originally since they will also have the 7 elements along with it.

Ganyu also implies the Traveler is not a "human" because she says he possesses many qualities similar to those of the Adepti despite not having one's blood.

Last edited:
Bruh, I just got the punk rocker girl, I didn’t even know she existed and I love her already.
I call dibs.

Razor Profile

I'll do Bennett and Chongyun later. I'll also start uploading the character portraits tomorrow to save time for those who wanna make files.

What are the AP for these characters again? Want to know for future matches, scaling would be helpful as well

Pretty much everyone scales or upscales from 29.4 Megatons. I'll leave the scaling chain stuff to Sol.

Back