• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genos speed Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
CALCULATION FOR MADE OF GENES (reviewed):

The feat in question is the battle of genos against the G4 and I'll start by putting the authenticity of your laser, it's quite simple, being a laser, the vapor made the light / laser undo, something common for properties of the photons in portuguese Literally described light : Http://imgur.com/Geu9tZq in English: http://imgur.com/BmEcqAo (other translation http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zRO9KSVVl...7CkGdDcy6_415sAxQ24NBgCHM/s16000/0038-078.png)well let's start with the simple, in most of the fight the two appear closer genos with difficulty to deal with the laser, but the Done comes when genos decides to hide for a while, genos hides on the balcony of a staircase that connects the floors, which is the fifth floor, then you ask why the fifth floor, well in the two images that I will show fix In the tree, and in the images that I am going to send, the tree is not visible on the balcony, but when genos dodges it again appears even genos giving a sharp dodge upwards, leading one to believe that the tree canopy was close to where genos was, And by the image of the understood, fifth floor, the G4 launches the laser, eg Enos dodge and from that I will calculate how fast it is.

I'll start by calculating the distance that genos jumped, for this I'm going to use a basic Pythagoras, why genos n jumped straight, and measuring with pixels n would exit exactly and could n come out at least close to the actual result, the tip of the triangle goes Being where the laser that was focused on the genos reached, therefore, where genos was:

Image in questio

Http://imgur.com/129ZJpt

Genos has 1.78 or to simplify 178 cm, but as it is a little curved I will remove 8 cm, then 170 cm (although the curvature is not so accented this way) and will be represented by 168 px.

Side A = 93px

B side = 163 px

Side C =?

Side C is the distance we want so it stays like this

170cm / 168px from 1.011cm per pixel, to round 1cm per pixel

Therefore, side A is 93cm and the B 163cm

Calculation:

93┬▓ + 163┬▓ =? ┬▓

8649 + 26569 =? ┬▓

? = Root of 35218

? = 187.6cm at a distance jumped by genos

Now we go through the most difficult part of the g4 to the building, since there is no image to calculate, I will stipulate 10 meters, if they think it is more they can add a few meters but I find it difficult to be more than that or to have a big difference knowing As the standard is 3 meters per apartment the fifth would have 15 meters, remembering that the distance from the tree could even be the fourth floor, put work with the fifth;) again I will use Pythagoras to calculate the real distance.

http://imgur.com/okV54Gz

Calculation:

15┬▓ + 10┬▓ =? ┬▓

225 + 100 =? ┬▓

? = 325 root

? = 18 meters the laser went through genos

Now or more basic, convert the time to the laser, up to a moment, move 29cm per second nano to round to 30cm, however, the laser will navigate to 50% of the velocity of the skein and 25% of the speed of light in Low end, a light moving 30 cm per second nano with 50% light speed would be approximately 15 cm per nano second and with 25% light speed would be 7.5 cm per second nano after Calculation:

High end = 1800cm / 30cm from 60

It would soon be 60 nano seconds or .000000060s

The distance that genius went through at that time was 187cm (rounding for less)

187 / 0,000000060 = 3116666666 cm or 31166666 meters per second

Converted from 90,864 mach or sub rel to relativist.

Mid end = 1800cm / 15cm giving 120

Soon it would be 120 nano seconds or 0,000000120s

The distance that genius went through at that time was 187cm (rounding for less)

187 / 0.000000120 = 1558333333cm or 15583333 meters per second

Converted from 45,432 mach sub relativist

Low end = 1800cm / 7.5cm giving 240

So it would be 240 nano seconds or .000000240s

187 / 0,000000240 = 779166666cm or 7791666 meters per second

Converted from 22,716 mach or relativistic sub

Muuuuh said:
Bleuburd said:
Face palm

On topic. Lights didnt makes curves, I thibk that it unfortunadly dont will be accapted

I had this strong ugre to do it. Anyways Light in fiction doesn't need to obey the laws of real world physics. Light don't stop, but there you have a lightsaber, so i don't think bending light is that far off, (c'mon we're talking fiction here). Although the way the text is formatted i can't tell what he did, but based off his assumptions it may be plausible, I mean he did use scaling.

Yeah no, light doesnt curve, we're very, very picky about light-based feats here

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Laser/Light_Beam_Dodging_Feats

"Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

It is shown at different speeds in the same material

It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans

They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)"

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no, light doesnt curve, we're very, very picky about light-based feats here
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Laser/Light_Beam_Dodging_Feats

"Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

It is shown at different speeds in the same material

It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans

They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)"

But because the laser can not be channeled in the vapor is not a proof of the derivation of photons? Due to the micro particles of excess water in the air would spread the photons with refraction thing that would not harm in any ordinary energy

As it turns out, things like wether an attack is indeed light or not is decided on by the staff, so i'll show myself out.

This calculation does not leave genos near the speed, at the most leaves it relativistic, the point here is the authenticity of the laser, because the lasers make curves apparently discard them as SoL, however I believe that the G4 technology somehow controls the lasers To the target, that the laser can not be focused on the vapor is a proof of its properties

The fact that it curves alone shows that its not natural light, and therefore cannot be considered lightspeed

Fairytailsubsonico1 said:
Qawsedf234 said:
The English/Viz translation also mentions the steam thing
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zRO9KSVVl...7CkGdDcy6_415sAxQ24NBgCHM/s16000/0038-078.png

I just think the lasers bending is just to much of a knock against it. One instance even has a beam bend twice iirc. Plus, it's a rather large upgrade that will affect like half of the 'verse. So the mods are gonna be careful in the first place.
yep man, this is large upgrade

I would still think it very appropriate, because the greatest velocity feat of the verse is the saitama casual controlling its force

WeeklyBattles said:
Even using the 25% SoL is nothing much other than a random assumption...
One of the requirements to be considered light is the refraction to affect it right? The light or the laser spreading or not focusing on the vapor no longer points that, ok it does curve, but at least light properties even if it is not 100% the laser displays, then it would not be such a guess outside

Even if we are to accept that Genos upgrade by the Martial art tournament Arc is near the speed of light, i believe it will probably generate inconsistency in later arcs because i don't sense the author intend to make Genos that fast. The cockroach monster is also more about aim dodge rather than light dodge in my understanding.

I believe this should be accepted. With Genos dodging the lasers in the redrawn version, and the light being dispersed adds to the lights credibility.

Also the cockroach adds to consistancy since genos dodged lasers making him relativistic, but could dodge the cockroach who could apparently dodge lightspeed attacks.

Unless the beams are actually light then it won't be accepted that's why.

Not sure, but this just got necroed hard. Aside from the last 2 replies, the newest one is the start of August and the next one is at the end of July...

We need more then that. Just because someone says it's light doesn't make it so. It must act like it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back