• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DragonLord

She/Her
Question 1: Fomatting on the separate versions

on the Sonic Character Page it has Classic And Modern as Seperate, with Classic being the First listed, I have no issues (even if my OCD would prefer the current Prime versions of characters on top), but why exactly is pages like OVA and Archie Pre-Genesis listed before Modern?, I understand it’s probably Release Date/what Sonic design they use but I’ve seen no other page on the site formatted like this, All the Seperate Versions of Mario are listed After Paper Mario despite some of them coming first and being based on Main Mario, DCAU Superman isn’t put before Post Flashpoint despite coming before and being more closely related to the Post-Crisis Superman look, is there any specific reason or is it just what the Community Decided looked better for Sonic Speficially?

Question 2: Negative Chaos Energy

so on the site the Chaos Emerald Page lists Two Keys, Negative and Postive Energy, Postivie being extremely stronger because I assume the statement that Postivie > Negative from SA1’s English verison, now I’m going to ignore that this statement isn’t actually on the Japanese version of the text (even the most famous Sonic Translator Windii feels this Negative Chaos Energy in general is basically a miscommunication of the scene), I wanna ask then why are clear Villains who would be using Negative Chaos Energy like FinalHazard, Metal Overlord and Ultimate Gemerl are given MSS while the Negative Key and Perfect Chaos are given the Large Planet Stat (specially since A Machine like the Ecplise Cannon is put under the Negative Key, so Machines here are given there creators malice, so Metal Sonic and Gemerl would certainly be using the Negative Side), it also just seems odd to me that Eggman would be trying to get a object he would probably know is weaker then the FEB, Is there something I’m missing?

Last edited:
it also just seems odd to me that Eggman would be trying to get a object he would probably know is weaker then the FEB, Is there something I’m missing?
The FEB didn’t exist until Sonic Battle, two years after SA2 was released.

Metal Overlord doesn't use the Chaos Emeralds to transform iirc, and is treated as above the FEB by Eggman.

As for Perfect Chaos itself, there's an upcoming CRT to adjust his Tiering that's being postponed until other CRTs are out of the way.

Metal Overlord doesn't use the Chaos Emeralds to transform iirc, and is treated as above the FEB by Eggman.
he uses Froggy and a Chao for Chaos Energy, I assume that would be a major factor In his Power considering combing what the wiki lists as a bunch of Planet busters wouldn’t equal x3 MSS, and would likely be using Negative Chaos Energy then (I mean Overlord does look similar to Perfect Chaos)

Last edited:
Perfect Chaos are given the Large Planet Stat (specially since A Machine like the Ecplise Cannon is put under the Negative Key, so Machines here are given there creators malice, so Metal Sonic and Gemerl would certainly be using the Negative Side), it also just seems odd to me that Eggman would be trying to get a object he would probably know is weaker then the FEB, Is there something I’m missing?
This will be fixed eventually, don't worry

but why exactly is pages like OVA and Archie Pre-Genesis listed before Modern?
It is release date

but I’ve seen no other page on the site formatted like this
Their fanbases don’t care

After Paper Mario despite some of them coming first
That version of Paper Mario only appeared in the Mario and Luigi series.

The Paper Mario from the Paper Mario games is listed as one character with 3D Mario, as Miyamoto stated all the Mario’s we have seen in the games are the same guy.

That version of Paper Mario only appeared in the Mario and Luigi series.

The Paper Mario from the Paper Mario games is listed as one character with 3D Mario, as Miyamoto stated all the Mario’s we have seen in the games are the same guy.

I’m aware, but that doesn’t really answer The question, but since you confirmed it’s release date then sure, I’d prefer it to be another way but if that’s the agreed upon thing then sure

I’m aware, but that doesn’t really answer The question, but since you confirmed it’s release date then sure, I’d prefer it to be another way but if that’s the agreed upon thing then sure
It’s a better way to represent the story of Sonic’s eras

I feel it looks a bit cluttered but to each there own, I won’t force everyone
It’s going to look cluttered either way since they’re all in tabs. Preferably, we have modern listed after the classic portrayals for accuracy, and not make it look like OVA or AoSTH were based off of Modern Sonic.

The FEB didn’t exist until Sonic Battle, two years after SA2 was released.
But I mean, he and other villains still seek them and use them to combat Sonic, like in Shadow the hedgehog it’s practically the driving force between all 3 sides and Sonic Runners (which iirc main team Sega wrote) had him seek them out as a power source for his brainwashing beam, and by SA1 he’d probably know that his Negative Energy is gonna be ineffective, so it still feels weird to me

That’s good to hear, if it you don’t mind me asking how exactly would that change Modern Sonic?, would him beating Perfect Chaos in base by a outlier here?
If Perfect Chaos is 4-A then it’d be an outlier, but he’d still be 5-A via the Egg Dragoon

If Perfect Chaos is 4-A then it’d be an outlier, but he’d still be 5-A via the Egg Dragoon
I don’t really see why it would be, I mean unless I’m missing something that would be 1 MSS feat and 1 Large Planet Feat out of 100+ games, but if that’s what’s decided I can live with it

my Water Dragon Boi needs respect

Why are y’all presuming this is his only feat of that level? Anyway that’s pretty irrelevant, Mario’s 4-A Tier for example is based on 3 feats feats across 250+ games

Why are y’all presuming this is his only feat of that level? Anyway that’s pretty irrelevant, Mario’s 4-A Tier for example is based on 3 feats feats across 250+ games
I did ask if I was missing another Large Planet Feat since I’ve seen no other listed

I did ask if I was missing another Large Planet Feat since I’ve seen no other listed
Beating an Ultimate Emerl powered by seven Chaos Emeralds, and any other time he fights an enemy powered by a Chaos Emerald (Chaos, for instance) would be a supporting 5-B feat (for reference, the 5-B feat performed by a single Chaos Emerald is 1.4 Yottatons, which is very close to baseline 5-A).

Beating an Ultimate Emerl powered by seven Chaos Emeralds, and any other time he fights an enemy powered by a Chaos Emerald (Chaos, for instance) would be a supporting 5-B feat (for reference, the 5-B feat performed by a single Chaos Emerald is 1.4 Yottatons, which is very close to baseline 5-A).
Oh no I agree Planet Level has a lot of Feats, I actually cataloged them myself, I was asking for Large Planet specifically

though if the Single Chaos Emerald feat is very close to Large Planet level wouldn’t facing an opponent powered by multiple Emeralds like Chaos 2, 4 and 6 likely be a Large Planet Level feat?, as Tails says in the 3DS Version of Generations that Emeralds get Stronger the closer they are to eachother

though if the Single Chaos Emerald feat is very close to Large Planet level wouldn’t facing an opponent powered by multiple Emeralds like Chaos 2, 4 and 6 likely be a Large Planet Level feat?, as Tails says in the 3DS Version of Generations that Emeralds get Stronger the closer they are to eachother
Maybe, though this site is strict about upscaling into the next Tier without explicit multipliers being stated.

Maybe, though this site is strict about upscaling into the next Tier without explicit multipliers being stated.
Fair enough I suppose, though I mean it still feels like it be a pretty reasonable assumption to assume that it would be at least 1.4 Yottatons x 2 considering there’s two emeralds, pretty sure 2.8 Yotta passes the line

Well some characters do upscale to Baseline 5-A like Dark Queen, Excalibur Sonic, Chaos 6 and I think Mephiles if you're wondering.

Back