• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not handling that here.

That should definitely be a dedicated thread.

In terms of AP, who would scale to Rover's durability (aside from Post-Darkshine Garou, Orochi, Saitama, etc)?
Pretty sure nobody would scale.
Should we downscale Golden Sperm from Platinum Sperm, or simply scale him above Darkshine? Of course, there's the Homeless Emperor stuff (which kind of infuriates me now, since he's High 7-A while PS level opponents are 7-A), but we're not handling that here.
Above Darkshine. There’s no real reason to downscale Golden from Platinum.

We're not handling that here.

That should definitely be a dedicated thread.
Well in that case, there’s no basis from downscaling him from platinum sperm, so just saying he’s stronger than darkshine is fine, especially since that’s due to change anyways with the crt you speak of.
And again, rover’s durability basically just ***** on everyone.

I'm still not sure how we should treat Atomic Samurai or Iaian's durability.

We scale Iaian to the Black Sperm that would've harmed Atomic Samurai, but Atomic is >>> Iaian. So, Iaian isn't a valuable reference when he could also be a glass cannon (I'm pretty sure the only hit he's ever taken was from Melz, and that didn't go well).

Metal Bat could tank hits from the left-overs, and Genos could easily tank hits from some Black Sperms, but eventually got ripped apart by others. Even the profile words it in a way that doesn't make sense for durability.

So, really, Iaian and Atomic Samurai don't have a good reference for durability and have feats and statements that surpass their own durability.

Last edited:
I was thinking that at first, but Atomic endures shit that's way above his own durability with 0 effort.

Also, I'm removing the nuclear explosion shit from his page after this. Even if it were reliably made (this is coming from the same people who described Lightning Genji's attacks as lightning from the heavens), nuclear power =/= nuclear explosion.

I mean we had an entire CRT for this Bang and GS stuff already...

As for Iaian and Atomic, while they don't have major durability feats its clear they scale to their striking strength

Atomic is massively contradictory, but I've given proof for Iaian.

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzYyNTE5MzA2NTclMkY5MTcyODE4OTY2MjEyODEzNzElMkYwNC5wbmc=

Like what?
I'm realising I said endure, I meant attack.

As for the attacks, being able to kill half-monster (who survived attacks that could have harmed Bang, who kicked through Gums effortlessly) Garou before he could react and splitting Psykos' beam to pieces are superior to MA arc Genos' AP, and Genos tanked attacks from Black Sperm copies that were harming Atomic.

I'm realising I said endure, I meant attack.

As for the attacks, being able to kill half-monster (who survived attacks that could have harmed Bang, who kicked through Gums effortlessly) Garou before he could react and splitting Psykos' beam to pieces are superior to MA arc Genos' AP, and Genos tanked attacks from Black Sperm copies that were harming Atomic.
I think most of his durability contradictions comes from the belief that BS clones Ap=Dura when the evidence for such being pretty weak

I think most of his durability contradictions comes from the belief that BS clones Ap=Dura when the evidence for such being pretty weak
I just provided you examples that isn't related to that kind of stuff at all.

Plus, BS has Unknown durability on the wiki.
I don't really see the contradictions in AS durability you guys are talking about
It's simple.

Genos >> Atomic's durability.

Atomic's AP feats >>>> Genos' durability and AP.

Anyway, I don't see a point in discussing this.

Atomic just scales above Iaian now, and Iaian's clash with Rhino Wrestler means that he's Large Town level in durability.

It's simple.

Genos >> Atomic's durability.

Atomic's AP feats >>>> Genos' durability and AP.
Why exactly? As far as I remember Genos got beaten up in a worse way than Atomic, he got his limbs ripped off and part of his head armor damaged, which is noted to be especially durable

Which happened well afterwards.

Before this, Genos was (note how his back shows no signs of damage) completely unharmed by the same ones (and even larger mergers) that were beating up Atomic in the scan you provided.

Black Sperms vary massively to the point where 4 24k leftovers after the GS merger could barely draw any blood from base Metal Bat, who got stomped by human Garou with a massive amount of fighting spirit.

Then I don’t see how he’s contradicted by anything.
Bang only kicked through Gums with AB, so I don’t see why this matters.
Why would Pykos beams be superior to Genos?
And Genos “tanking” those attacks makes no sense considering he was being blow apart by much weaker copies.

I explained it thoroughly and Atomic is now Large Town level anyway, so that's blatantly a you problem.

That wasn't Awakened Breath, that was abandonment, which is something completely different that doesn't increase his power. This is why Bang later says he's going to go all out for the last time ever against Garou and EC, but not here.

I didn't say she was superior, I said Atomic Samurai was for doing that. Genos and Drive Knight could only match them. Then Genos and DK take a lot of time to cut into her flesh with core beams, while Atomic cuts off her back easily. Are you trying to scale Genos above Atomic's AP or something?

He did tank them, though, so I really don't get why you're putting it in quotations. Logically, many of the copies that ripped him apart were stronger and had time to congregate.

Last edited:
I explained it thoroughly and Atomic is now Large Town level anyway, so that's blatantly a you problem.
Oh I didn’t care what level he was at, I was just confused ok why his strength would be contradictory.
That wasn't Awakened Breath, that was abandonment, which is something completely different that doesn't increase his power. This is why Bang later says he's going to go all out for the last time ever against Garou and EC, but not here.
Abandonment? Is this a confirmed ability somewhere? I don’t recall this being stated anywhere, and Bang is in the middle of attacking and trying to save a comrade. Unlike the other instances, he’s taking a stancr and preparing to attack. I don’t think this is evidence against those feats being AB.
I didn't say they were superior, I said Atomic Samurai was for doing that. Genos and Drive Knight could only match them. Then Genos takes a lot of time to cut into her flesh with a core beam, while Atomic cuts off her back easily. Are you trying to scale Genos above Atomic's AP or something?
Atomic Samurai could only cut her back after god knows how many focused slashes into one spot, it’s not like this feat was achieved with a single blow, but yeah I think all of them are relative in this instance.
He did tank them, though. So, logically, the copies that ripped him apart were stronger.
Considering how his body works, he could take damage without his body properly showing so. And almost immediately after he “tanks” this attack the copies of BS get split god knows how many times and we even see them purposely split themselves in an act of frustration. The thought of them at this point being superior to when they just resurfaced seems dubious.

Oh I didn’t care what level he was at, I was just confused ok why his strength would be contradictory.
Then I don't see a point in continuing.
Abandonment? Is this a confirmed ability somewhere?
My bad, I was remembering some databook bullshit and old discussions we had when these chapters came out. I'll take the L here.
Atomic Samurai could only cut her back after god knows how many focused slashes into one spot, it’s not like this feat was achieved with a single blow, but yeah I think all of them are relative in this instance.
You're right, my mistake.

Considering that Iaian could 5-shot a barrier (they're multi-directional) that Gums (who damaged Genos' armour and completely restrained him physically) had some trouble with, and Atomic Samurai effortlessly one-shot an opponent he could only scratch, he's still > Genos.
Considering how his body works, he could take damage without his body properly showing so.
I already showed that his back didn't have a single scratch or dent.

Also, where are you getting this assertion from? That doesn't make any sense, and wouldn't really relate to his armour durability anyway.
And almost immediately after he “tanks” this attack the copies of BS get split god knows how many times and we even see them purposely split themselves in an act of frustration.
And then the Golden Sperm fusion happened several chapters later. What he did back then against Darkshine (not even all copies would've participated) was irrelevant.
The thought of them at this point being superior to when they just resurfaced seems dubious.
Cool, but I have actual evidence that they are. The 'thought' seeming dubious doesn't mean that it's actually dubious or false, and you'd need hard evidence for this.

Atomic Samurai has been compared to nukes. Tatsumaki also has been compared to nukes. Just scale him to multi-continental. Problem solved.

I'd say Darkshine isn't like a thousand times lower than it, but that's just me.

This calc wasn't evaluated, but does it scale to anyone other than Tatsumaki? I remember arguments that Orochi's remains should scale because it endured the initial slam and was only destroyed by the followup drilling
I'm pretty sure we've gone through this multiple times, but basically, Orochi should not scale to it considering in the end pierced straight through his body and ripped him apart.

The only solid thing that can be used for scaling is that Bang believed Garou was still alive even after that happened. However it's fairly vague and it messes with the scaling chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back