• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To preface this, DSK wasn't even fully hydrated when he performed the feat, and was basically his dehydrated self with more power. This is him at full power, and there's a sort of transitionary phase between dehydrated and hydrated after he beats Genos.

Even if Wet DSK was >>> Genos (he ******* isn't), I'm pretty sure there's still valid grounds for scaling to Hypersonic.
DSK and PPP were similar in speed, yet both of them could land a massive barrage of combos on each other in this same arc.

Nothing says that's faster than he can realise or some kind of blitz.

Plus, this entire discussion is about Genos being comparable to (albeit slower than) Hydrated DSK because he can strike him in this same manner. You're basically just arguing the subject with the subject.
That doesn't require being enormously faster, especially since DSK's arms are moving further than Sonic.

Also, Sonic was nearly hit by DSK's tongue even after he realised it was there.
And most revealingly, he delivers an incredibly long 360-degree punch faster than King fist less than a meter, despite the fact that Sonic originally saw this punch in slow mo.
Firstly, Sonic didn't say anything about slow-mo in the English or Japanese versions.

Secondly, DSK's arm is fully extended in the second panel, so of course it wouldn't move more than a metre—it literally couldn't. What's more likely is that Sonic avoided the punch by rotating his body, and kicked him in the face and arm.
The fact that Genos attacked the Wet King faster than he reacted is just a plot hole, it can't be justified.
It can be very easily; DSK wasn't really expecting it. This doesn't mean Genos is somehow superior to DSK.
We always use anime timeframes for the same scenes. We do this in the current calculation of the speed of King, and for the arrow of Genos.
Emphasis on timeframe and same scenes. We don't use anime only feats, and Sonic was still on site by the time DSK landed the punch in canon. They're not the same at all.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Sonic statuing DSK was the same scene where DSK performed the Hypersonic feat. So it makes this entire discussion redundant.

Last edited:
We don't need an at most regardless. Even if Wet DSK is way faster, this version was barely hydrated, and Genos is able to keep up with a single arm.

To preface this, DSK wasn't even fully hydrated when he performed the feat, and was basically his dehydrated self with more power. This is him at full power, and there's a sort of transitionary phase between dehydrated and hydrated after he beats Genos.

Even if Wet DSK was >>> Genos (he ******* isn't), I'm pretty sure there's still valid grounds for scaling to Hypersonic.
I don't really have a goal of scaling Genos down below the King's hypersonic feat. I agree that it can be scaled up to that, if not even slightly faster (He fought with one hand).

I just don't agree that Wet King is as fast as Genos. He is much slower.

The Wet King would have destroyed Genos in a fistfight.
DSK and PPP were similar in speed, yet both of them could land a massive barrage of combos on each other in this same arc.

Nothing says that's faster than he can realise or some kind of blitz.

Plus, this entire discussion is about Genos being comparable to (albeit slower than) Hydrated DSK because he can strike him in this same manner. You're basically just arguing the subject with the subject.
Sea King is faster than PPP. They are comparable and can scale up to each other (Probably after all, the Sea King was slower than during the dash, which, as Sonic said, is faster than the usual dry King). But the flurry of PPP strikes was easily blocked by the King. And the next flurry of punches was too fast for PPP, he didn't have time to react to single hits, no wonder he didn't react to spam hits. In addition, this can also be explained by the fact that King's single strikes caused PPP to lose control, it was very painful and deafening by all appearances. He wasn't focused enough anymore. However, it is worth noting that the Sea King was not affected by the PPP's hit spam, and the PPP was incredibly hard hit by the Sea King's hit spam.

In turn, Sonic did not deal much damage to the Sea King, but he was unable to react to his every blow, so you can’t justify it in any way. He didn't lose his composure because of the pain, because the blows didn't even move him, they didn't hurt him. He is just much slower than Sonic, who moves much faster than the King can see. We even see the uncomprehending look in the eyes while spamming the blows on the Sea King's face.
That doesn't require being enormously faster, especially since DSK's arms are moving further than Sonic.

Also, Sonic was nearly hit by DSK's tongue even after he realised it was there.

Firstly, Sonic didn't say anything about slow-mo in the English or Japanese versions.

Secondly, DSK's arm is fully extended in the second panel, so of course it wouldn't move more than a metre—it literally couldn't. What's more likely is that Sonic avoided the punch by rotating his body, and kicked him in the face and arm.
No, it requires tremendous speed, because we can see here that the punch has already traveled a long distance and almost got to Sonic, the fist is ALREADY close. And Sonic makes an incredibly long 360-degree kick while playing, attacking him faster than he can go even one more meter. You're missing the fact that the punch has already traveled a significant distance.

The moray eel in his tongue only took Sonic by surprise, but you yourself showed that Sonic was able to react to her even point-blank, incredibly close to his face, this shows that Sonic is much faster than the tongue, because he is a way to dodge him almost point-blank.

It would be better if you sent a continuation of the scene where Sonic easily overtakes the tongue, reaching the King faster than the tongue to the original position of Sonic. In fact, he ran all this distance faster than the King noticed it.

Being faster than running punches is a huge difference in speed. In real life, even comparable people will not be able to dodge each other's blows if each of them dodges without bending the body, doing somersaults and so on, but simply tries to do it RUN, because a person's RUN is always lower than his reaction speed and (in mostly) of his strokes, and the running of a man requires a long acceleration to its peak. The starting speed of a person is generally too low to dodge something when RUNNING FROM THE START.

The person in my example should have time to start running and accelerate to a speed sufficient to bypass the punch, but this is impossible.
I opened the Japanese original. This is some kind of cursed text, but when translated into English, it gives me very strange translations (お前の動きは 完全に見切った), however, through DeepLN I received a translation from Japanese into Russian "I completely saw all your moves" or " I saw through all your moves", which in translation means that Sonic saw absolutely every blow of the Sea King in detail. This means that he perceives it in slow mo.

The hand is drawn blurry and with a trace of movement, which means that at the moment of the frame the blow is still moving, which means that the frame showed us the end of the blow at the same moment it ended, and in parallel with this we see that Sonic has already finished his blow while the King finishes his hit.

Sonic is many times faster than the Sea King.
It can be very easily; DSK wasn't really expecting it. This doesn't mean Genos is somehow superior to DSK.
No, that's a stupid excuse. It's just a wank. Because otherwise Genos would blitz the Dry King. Because the wet form is much faster than the dry form. The dry form makes Sonic feel comfortable just RUN to dodge his punches, while the wet form makes him panic. For Sonic, the King of the Sea moves in slow motion.

You're trying to scale a wet king to genos in one hit, completely ignoring a ton of points where dry king and genos were comparable.

Emphasis on timeframe and same scenes. We don't use anime only feats, and Sonic was still on site by the time DSK landed the punch in canon. They're not the same at all.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but Sonic statuing DSK was the same scene where DSK performed the Hypersonic feat. So it makes this entire discussion redundant.
We use anime timeframes for manga scenes if those scenes are the same. Actually, the scenes from the manga were in the anime, and there Sonic perceived all the tricks of the sea king in slow motion. In this case, these are the same scenes, but we see that inside their timeframe, Sonic sees the King in slow mo.

The last statement is ridiculously strange. What else is a static sonic? He literally stood still in surprise and dodged the blow at the last moment, more to say, he overtook the Sea King during the jump from the anime, he is still faster than him.

While I think your points are effortlessly debunked, complete and absolute dog shit (you literally debunk your own point in the first paragraph, claiming that seeing through moves = slow mo is just false, average punching speed is similar to running speed, and you just bypassed the blatant difference in the manga I did show already), your links don't work at all and you agree that Genos is still Hypersonic.

I see no point in continuing.
The last statement is ridiculously strange. What else is a static sonic? He literally stood still in surprise and dodged the blow at the last moment, more to say, he overtook the Sea King during the jump from the anime, he is still faster than him.
I was saying the Hypersonic feat wouldn't be affected by your logic regardless because DSK was this much slower in the anime at that point.

Last edited:
Just a bunch of semantics with no purpose, just move on to the next scaling trench.

Any calcs that need evaluating?

The HH version of the Death Shower is fine. Although, I think using 100 rounds would be better than 900 given that Gattling had partially emptied his clip while firing at Garou previously.
Maybe you could look into this.

100 rounds comes from 6000 rpm.

Right.

Since he can upload them entirely in 10 seconds, it would be 6000/10 = 600 bullets per second.

The argument being made is that the clip was partially emptied already, so calcing it by the max ammo capacity divided by time isn't realistic at all (unless it's stated somewhere that he holds more ammo than a fighter jet).

Giffoni calculated the feat by the amount of ammo he could fire each second, and got 900 rounds. I'm saying we should use 100 rounds per second.

but it says this
“On a physical level, he possesses abilities that are in an incomparably higher league than the other monsters so far”
It could mean multiple things
Kabuto’s physicals are greater than the physicals of other monsters
Or
Kabuto’s physicals are greater than other monsters
No, it can't mean the second one. The preface "on a physical level" very clearly limits the scope of the comparison to physical stats.

The argument being made is that the clip was partially emptied already, so calcing it by the max ammo capacity divided by time isn't realistic at all (unless it's stated somewhere that he holds more ammo than a fighter jet).
From the way he phrases it, it doesn't seem that he was short of rounds to fire his entire technique.

He even says this special move empties his entire clip in 10 seconds, if he was lacking rounds, it would last much lower, and the statement wouldn't be true.

I also don't think it was implied he lost too many bullets previously, so our only option here is to assume he pulled more bullets out of his ass to perform his special technique the way it was intended to be.

No, it can't mean the second one. The preface "on a physical level" very clearly limits the scope of the comparison to physical stats.
Explosions are literally physical
it could easily be a case of where it’s a distinction between physically and mentally, or just broadly saying physical attacks, which explosions would fall under
you can’t actually prove it

How is 1000 bullets short on rounds?

Didn't he say it took 10 seconds? I may be misremembering. I'll try to find the statement.

Explosions are literally physical
it could easily be a case of where it’s a distinction between physically and mentally, or just broadly saying physical attacks, which explosions would fall under
you can’t actually prove it
Y’all, we’re not discussing the Kabuto thing in this thread. It needs its own thread.

Also, that last line definitely violates burden of proof.
Not quite
there’s literally only 2 ways “physical” can be interpreted, one of which supports kabuto scaling above vaccine man
Along with the way that the rest of it can be interpreted also providing a possibility of scaling kabuto above vaccine man as I pointed out earlier
Y’all, we’re not discussing the Kabuto thing in this thread. It needs its own thread.
This doesn’t feel very out of place considering it is named and has been treated as a “general crt”, where we’re discussing basically any scaling that impacts a fair amount of characters
and 7-B Kabuto definitely impacts a lot of scaling for characters that this thread would have downgraded

This doesn’t feel very out of place considering it is named and has been treated as a “general crt”, where we’re discussing basically any scaling that impacts a fair amount of characters
and 7-B Kabuto definitely impacts a lot of scaling for characters that this thread would have downgraded
We're not going to revise literally every aspect of the verse here and make a neverending thread.

Just save it for a new thread.

Any more posts about it here will be deleted.

Not quite
there’s literally only 2 ways “physical” can be interpreted, one of which supports kabuto scaling above vaccine man
Along with the way that the rest of it can be interpreted also providing a possibility of scaling kabuto above vaccine man as I pointed out earlier
Yes, really.

You can't prove what you're saying either. You admitted that it 'could' be the case.

Both of you don't have proof.
I already explained why. He wasn't one of the characters involved in the OP, and people are trying to discuss the calculation parameters.
He impacts Darkshine, meaning base Bang, Bomb, Rover, and Garou's stronger forms.

How is 1000 bullets short on rounds?

Didn't he say it took 10 seconds? I may be misremembering. I'll try to find the statement.
I couldn't find it, oh well.

Using 100 bullets per second would result in a speed of Mach 5.35 I think, is that still useful for the scaling?

I couldn't find it, oh well.

Using 100 bullets per second would result in a speed of Mach 5.35 I think, is that still useful for the scaling?
I feel like just 100 bullets per second is a weird lowball given the massive amount of bullets Death Shower uses and how its depicted

And elder centipede, Ororchi’s heart, atomic samurai, Gyoro Gyoro, golden sperm, fuhrer ugly, Full Power Fubuki, and more.

I would agree if If weren’t for the fact that this is the most relevant thing that has been brought up for most of the crt
Ziller, just wait for the next CRT.

I would agree if If weren’t for the fact that this is the most relevant thing that has been brought up for most of the crt
Many staff members have told you to not bring it up in this thread and to wait for this to finish to make a new one several times, but you keep bringing it up.

I don't really care if we talk about it here, but when you're told be staff members not to do something, continuing to do it isn't a good look.

And elder centipede
Not really.

He's way inferior to Rover, and could only bring very light harm to Bang and Bomb (not to mention that he got wrecked by them) after they'd launched a very strenuous technique. That's why he doesn't have an at least in the sandbox.

Although, post-molt is fine.
Ororchi’s heart,
Orochi's heart got absolutely destroyed by Darkshine.

And even PPP, who's one-shotting degrees weaker than DS, could **** up Jet Psykos after the Orochi fight.
atomic samurai,
That's fine.
Gyoro Gyoro,
She didn't really do shit to Garou, who got his ribs shattered by DS.
golden sperm,
Fine.
fuhrer ugly,
Sure.
Full Power Fubuki, and more.
Sure.
It's also the most contested and inconvenient for all the other characters who don't scale to them. So kindly bring it somewhere else, yeah?

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's not small. I'm saying we don't really have proof.

In fact, I can't even find the 10 second statement.

I'm not saying it's not small. I'm saying we don't really have proof.

In fact, I can't even find the 10 second statement.
I did but he said "I'll finish Garou in ten seconds" like 30 pages before even thinking of using Death Shower. I think we should use the anime timeframe of Death Shower for a calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back