• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need to. The databook actually have the crater size at 100 meters.

For everything Beefcake we only have two choices: Use the databook or only use the scene the crater is featured in. Beefcake is far to inconsistent size wise to get any sense of scale from
I don't understand what you're saying here. Can you reword it?

It says that it's over 100 meters.
Over 100 meters means it's at most 199 meters and closer to 100 meters than anything else.
So its > 100

300 > 100
How we take statements like this is based on the lower value. If its "Over 100 meters" that means it isn't considered to be over 200 meters, or else they would've just used "Over 200 meters".

I'm pretty sure "over 100 meters" just means that it's larger than 100 meters...
See my previous comment. The maximum the line can imply for the site is 199 meters to my knowledge. If it over 200 meters then the book would have to have said "Over 200 meters".

In my view though, Beefcake's listed size is terrible and his drawn size is terrible. It's probably better to just use the scene itself to get a number.

Over 100 meters means it's at most 199 meters and closer to 100 meters than anything else.

How we take statements like this is based on the lower value. If its "Over 100 meters" that means it isn't considered to be over 200 meters, or else they would've just used "Over 200 meters".
It makes sense.

It seems to me that the author knows better about the sizes than his fans. We must use 100 meters. Murata admitted that he draws all the scenes and all the characters as powerfully as possible. So, his drawing simply hyperbolizes the canonical instructions. Officially.

The most extreme option is "At least 7-C, possibly 7-B" to account for all crater size variations.

Well the issue is the use of the word "Single handedly" rather than "in a single attack". Just being stronger than most A-Class would make the monster untouchable and able to destroy a city over a given period of time.

the link doesn’t lead to anything

One-Punch_Man-_Hero_Encyclopedia_Page_37.png

The Gigavolt smash isn't an explosion though, its a large burst of electricity. For scaling I think its fine, though it would be the upper end of their base durability since they were knocked out but not killed. CE mentioned that Brave Giant went maximum power and the energy wave was so stressful that it destroyed the robot entirely. Releasing power restrictions just means he unlocked the safety features that limited how much energy the Brave Giant could draw from for any one attack in my view.
It's not like the Gigavolt Smash is a single bolt of lightning though with all of the energy focused into a single point; it's being released omnidirectionally and simultaneously attacking multiple creatures around the Brave Giant.

So assuming each creature there is individually being hit by the full power of the Gigavolt Smash looks unwarranted to me.

We've already been discussing the Brave Giant stuff here, but the Carnage stuff is new and would scale to only a few characters (particularly DS, who's >> base Carnage).

Let's handle it in another thread if people are trying to manufacture problems with Beefcake now.

Last edited:
We've already been discussing the Brave Giant stuff here, but the Carnage stuff is new and would scale to only a few characters (particularly DS, who's >> base Carnage).

Let's handle it in another thread if people are trying to manufacture problems with Beefcake now.
Okay.

It seems like we just need to finish up the speed sandbox? The current AP sandbox looks fine to me except it's missing the Striking Strength sections which may be different to AP in some cases.

For speed, we just remove Fubuki from the equation to make everything simple.

She couldn't see a slightly weakened Bomb, and we've established that Rover doesn't really scale to Bang and Bomb.

Fubuki should just scale to Do-S, who downscale somewhat considerably from the Swordsmen. This is more in-line with Genos.

It's a bit iffy given Half-Monster Garou's fight with Rover, though. But it can be explained away given that Rover was weakened against Fubuki.

Not too long. 2 weeks is entirely reasonable for a verse-wide downgrade with a large amount of calc discussion.

Be patient.

On another note, I think we should cut out the combat speed part from Metal Bat's profile and make him MHS+ overall. He didn't just block an attack from SC, he also outran it.

Well, Ziller and I pointed it out on the General Thread but this scan from the databook changes a lot of things:
Databook_Carnage.webp

Particularly this part:
image.png

This would mean that Kabuto physical power is "incomparably higher" than Marugori's (Beefcake) who is 7-B.

The statement is clear and concise pointing out especifically "physical power" which is why we won't be scaling Kabuto to Vaccine Man who has unknown AP and Striking Stength without his energy balls
Apparently peeps wanted to cover scaling in another thread, but I feel like I'll just throw my 2 cents here and stop at that.

This one is a bit weird because I feel the text can be interpreted in either CK is stronger than any monster created by HoE or any monster that was shown before. However, the databook may be referring to other monsters it was previously talking about in prior pages.

I could probably do with "likely 7-B" unless there's further context.

I more want it covered in another thread because people are discussing the parameters of the Beefcake calculation, and whether Vaccine Man is physically at the level of his energy attacks.

Vaccine man’s physicals are irrelevant here
“Kabuto’s physical abilities are above the abilities of every monster from before” is talking about Kabuto’s physicals, not vaccine man’s.

One of the previous monsters being argued is Vaccine Man, hence the point.

it’s very clearly saying that his physical abilities are greater than the abilities (doesn’t specify physical) of the monsters that came before him

it’s very clearly saying that his physical abilities are greater than the abilities (doesn’t specify physical) of the monsters that came before him
The context makes it pretty clear that it's referring to his physical abilities being greater than previous monster's physical abilities. And it could also just be referring to the monsters in the House of Evolution that has come before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back