• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General OPM Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This literally means nothing. You're pulling for straws atp.

I'll just wait for more staff opinion, because it seems like we're not going to come to a conclusion with just the two of us.
Distance and surface area are both relevant factors. It is baseless to assume that each ninja is tanking the entire Gigavolt Smash individually when we can clearly see it's an omnidirectional attack and they're both being hit by a small amount of it.

It is baseless to assume that each ninja is tanking the entire Gigavolt Smash
No one is saying this Damage.

Gigavolt Smash far upscales from the attack earlier that was calced to be Low 7-B. Saying that Hellfire and Gale, who took a much stronger attack, and were also able to tear apart Brave Giant, should definitely scale.

No one is saying this Damage.

Gigavolt Smash far upscales from the attack earlier that was calced to be Low 7-B. Saying that Hellfire and Gale, who took a much stronger attack, and were also able to tear apart Brave Giant, should definitely scale.
No, it doesn't far upscale it. The first feat was performed with the Brave Giant's power restrictions unleashed, and the Gigavolt Smash was performed at max power. Arguably the first one could be even stronger than the Gigavolt Smash since it was unrestricted, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. There's just no suggestion of it being far more powerful.

Arguably the first one could be even stronger than the Gigavolt Smash since it was unrestricted
We see the bar that shows the amount of energy Brave Giant had left. It was over half.

That Gigavolt Smash used all the energy it had left, while the earlier attack didn't even bring it to halfway.

I don’t even see why this needs explaining, it’s literally a last ditch self destruct move, it being stronger is something that is implied for most people
But yes, what Kachon said is true

I don’t even see why this needs explaining, it’s literally a last ditch self destruct move, it being stronger is something that is implied for most people
But yes, what Kachon said is true
As I said though, even if it is just as strong or stronger, it doesn't make the Ninjas necessarily scale to Low 7-B.

As I said though, even if it is just as strong or stronger, it doesn't make the Ninjas necessarily scale to Low 7-B.
Well it was intended to be strong enough to damage Phoenix man as well, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to have only hit the ninjas with like 7-C+ force

Well it was intended to be strong enough to damage Phoenix man as well, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to have only hit the ninjas with like 7-C+ force
I'm pretty sure the intention was never to damage Phoenix Man with it. It was so that Child Emperor could get close enough to him to plant his Tickle-Bug on Phoenix Man.

I've spotted an error in the calc which I've commented on for the blog.

Sorry to intrude but isn't the name of this thread a tad confusing? I mean, me personally, I read it and thought it was just another general discussion thread, but then I noticed it was in "CRTs" which confused me until I clicked on it.

Sorry to intrude but isn't the name of this thread a tad confusing? I mean, me personally, I read it and thought it was just another general discussion thread, but then I noticed it was in "CRTs" which confused me until I clicked on it.
It's a CRT with a bunch of different topics that has gone on for a long while. But you're right, I'll modify the title.

Accepted Low 7-B Brave Giant

(Thanks Timmy)
You can't calculate the diameter of the hole in terms of the height of the floor. Look at the perspective at which angle the frame is.

Also, Damage3289671943241324213 make sense. A lot of sense.

Last edited:
Well, Ziller and I pointed it out on the General Thread but this scan from the databook changes a lot of things:
Databook_Carnage.webp

Particularly this part:
image.png

This would mean that Kabuto physical power is "incomparably higher" than Marugori's (Beefcake) who is 7-B.

The statement is clear and concise pointing out especifically "physical power" which is why we won't be scaling Kabuto to Vaccine Man who has unknown AP and Striking Stength without his energy balls

(this can also apply to vaccine man, since the "physical" is referring to kabuto himself and saying that his physical abilities are greater than the abilities of other monsters before him (just putting this here in case beefcake calc gets downgraded lmao))

Also, wasn't Vaccine Man able to tank his own explosions? Wouldn't that make Kabuto scale?
I'm not really sure what was the debate about that, because iirc he literally walked out of the epicenter of the first explosion he made so he should scale but instead of that he got a 7-C dura calc

Hold on a second, I just remembered we agreed to leave off new scaling changes until after this thread is done otherwise this thread will never end.

I'll ask that you save the topic for a thread if its own after this one has been concluded.

Hold on a second, I just remembered we agreed to leave off new scaling changes until after this thread is done otherwise this thread will never end.

I'll ask that you save the topic for a thread if its own after this one has been concluded.
So, my Beefcake recalculation offer won't be considered now?

I mean this changes the scaling quite a bit though not that much the characters that scale would be

Kabuto
Darkshine
Half Monster Garou and his next keys
Bomb (probably?)
Bang

And no one else, I think

Fair enough, I'll post a proper CRT once this is finished.

I think the only thing left is the speed scaling, so far we supposedly just have 1 usable speed feat

I mean, don’t we still have discussions about rover calcs and stuff? I got the impression that this wasn’t going to be closed until we cleared everything up.

:(
I'm sorry if it offends you that I'm recalculating your calculations.
That's not even the problem.

You're saying that you want to recalc it based on using Beefcake, when it was already accepted here that his height is inconsistent, and we should use specific panels to determine his height there.

Using Beefcake's 270 meters to try to find the size of the crater makes absolutely 0 sense because we have no way of knowing if the 270 meters can apply there.

Before blindly recalcing things, I'd greatly appreciate if you did research and found the context behind specific things.

Thank you.

I don't care if you recalc mine or anybody else's calcs. The issue when it becomes solely based on nitpicking that changes the result by ±2% that's not needed.

To quote @Chariot190:

And as I just said, it doesn't even matter because in every shot, quite literally every panel mind you, even shots where he's the focal point, or shots where his height and directly be compared to things drawn with great detail (Aka, things being emphasized), it's different every single time.

We don't use it for a reason lad, every panel scaled had widely different heights, and none of them, not one, was even remotely close to 270m.
If you want to argue 270m is legit, consistent, and even viable in that particular panel, prove it's consistent as a whole first. In order for you to even attempt to argue that Kachon's calc is wrong you'd need to prove Beefcake's height is consistently portrayed to be about, or around 270m, otherwise how do we know he's being accurately depicted as 270m in the panel with the hole?

Don't fix what ain't broken, and you need to actually prove it's broken first.

I don't care if you recalc mine or anybody else's calcs. The issue when it becomes solely based on nitpicking that changes the result by ±2% that's not needed.
I did not do it. The only time I've had an argument with Asura is over a method that APPEARS only affects the calculation by a couple of percent. But then I thought that it would affect the calculation by 30%. In fact, I even apologized for it.

Personally speaking for explosions I think the assumption is that if you're close to the epicenter you're allowed to scale to the full value or nearly the full value.

The Gigavolt smash isn't an explosion though, its a large burst of electricity. For scaling I think its fine, though it would be the upper end of their base durability since they were knocked out but not killed. CE mentioned that Brave Giant went maximum power and the energy wave was so stressful that it destroyed the robot entirely. Releasing power restrictions just means he unlocked the safety features that limited how much energy the Brave Giant could draw from for any one attack in my view.

As damaged mentioned though, retcon ninjas only scale for durability and not AP since they don't have evidence for durability scaling (yet).

Using Beefcake's 270 meters to try to find the size of the crater makes absolutely 0 sense because we have no way of knowing if the 270 meters can apply there.
We don't need to. The databook actually have the crater size at 100 meters.

For everything Beefcake we only have two choices: Use the databook or only use the scene the crater is featured in. Beefcake is far to inconsistent size wise to get any sense of scale from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back