• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

I want to be excited about this, and I still am to an extent, but...I worry that having multiple spin offs being made at once is going to cause the Monsterverse to go down the same path the MCU has gone down. One of the reasons why the Monsterverse has been so successful since 2014 is, outside of just being good quality monster films or shows, is that they come out a few years apart so that it gives the audiences a moment to breathe and ensuring that oversaturation doesn't kick in by having so much content at once.

My only hope for this news is for Legendary to maintain a good release schedule so that the quality doesn't wane and oversaturation doesn't kick in to hamper the streak they've been on with this franchise. It's genuinely a great franchise, one that has brought Godzilla back into mainstream popularity, and I don't want to fail because of overambition and the need to churn out stuff constantly.

What should the next kaiju to be introduced to the monsterverse be? Me personally it's space Godzilla; He always had one of my favorite designs.
Bagan, just for the sheer irony that his long delayed film debut happens in the american films instead of the japanese ones.

I'd legit would like to see the Monsterverse's take on Gigan. One of the most over the top designs that screams violence taken to a more gritty approach. Destoroyah would be cool too.

I want to read the movie novelizations in order to comb them for any abilities that may have been missed as well as provide sources to everything. I don't have the money nor time right now but it's on my "maybe i'll do it" list (If anyone sails the high seas let me know of any sites I should know of) .

I noticed a small problem with the recent thread that was applied. The spiral atomic breath is rated as 20x evolved Godzilla's AP when it should be 20x normal Godzilla's ap. This would bump it down to half what it currently is. So from 2.96 petatons to 1.48 petatons. Do I need to make a CRT to apply this change?

Yes, but it's referring to his capacity before evolving, not after. Him being stronger doesn't change his storage capacity for his atomic breath, which is 20x what it was before evolving.
Dude, read this comment.

Dude, read this comment.

Am I missing something here? "That would be for base Evolved, a supercharged Evolved (the one that used the spiral ray) would be the 20x." I'm not arguing that supercharged evolved doesn't emit 20x what he's normally capable of in base (non-evolved) or that his combat strength isn't 2x his normal form (non-evolved). I'm arguing that the 20x energy capacity is based on his normal, un-evolved, states energy capacity instead of his new evolved states base energy capacity.

Am I missing something here? "That would be for base Evolved, a supercharged Evolved (the one that used the spiral ray) would be the 20x." I'm not arguing that supercharged evolved doesn't emit 20x what he's normally capable of in base (non-evolved) or that his combat strength isn't 2x his normal form (non-evolved). I'm arguing that the 20x energy capacity is based on his normal, un-evolved, states energy capacity instead of his new evolved states base energy capacity.
Base Evolved is 2x his Supercharged form.

Supercharged Evolved Godzilla is 20x his Supercharged form.

Last edited:
Base Evolved is 2x his Supercharged form.

Supercharged Evolved Godzilla is 20x his Base Evolved form.
Base Evolved is 2x his normal, uncharged form. That's literally the scaling you applied after the crt was accepted. Supercharged Godzilla is not 20x his Base evolved form, It's 20x his normal, before evolving or absorbing energy, form. They literally note the change is due to his evolution and are basing it off his past, non-evolved form.
Supercharged Evolved is 20x his France/Spain form.
Yes, this. Though not supercharged, just base Scylla stomping Goji.

Base Evolved is 2x his normal, uncharged form. That's literally the scaling you applied after the crt was accepted. Supercharged Godzilla is not 20x his Base evolved form, It's 20x his normal, before evolving or absorbing energy, form. They literally note the change is due to his evolution and are basing it off his past, non-evolved form.

Yes, this. Though not supercharged, just base Scylla stomping Goji.
Ok.

Supercharged is his Peak/limit... basically, if he absorbs some more energy you will get Burning Godzilla again.

Last edited:
Ok.

How do you know it is not supercharged? That form was his Peak/limit... basically, if he absorbs some more energy you will get Burning Godzilla again.
To be fair, I'm not 100% sure on this point. I'm willing to accept, given a convincing argument, that his supercharged state is what's multiplied by 20x. But here's my reasoning. We know that Godzilla can store far more power than he can maintain at a given time. He then converts this, presumably radioactive energy, to his own type of unknown energy used in his atomic breath. We know and accept that his Atomic Breath is charged in his dorsal plates and then released in the form we're familiar with. Once he absorbs more energy than his dorsal plates can contain the energy begins to leak throughout the rest of his body which is the point where he starts to get overloaded and we see this happen with both Fire Godzilla and Supercharged Godzilla so it is consistent. The only energy capacity noted to get 20x greater than before was his dorsal plates, nothing is mentioned about the rest of his body. This presumably means that the fins that he charges in order to release his atomic breath, the determining factor in the strength of the breath and what we currently scale it off of, is the only thing that increases 20x over and doesn't factor in Godzilla's addition "flesh power capacity" to the multiplier. As for his base form x2 thing, I've actually changed my mind and am fine with it being 2x his superchargeds power.

Why does Skar King have a Varies? He doesn't follow the proper need for a Varies stat.

Scaling hjm to the High 6-Bs is pretty iffy when Skar King consistently gets his ass whooped by them. Plus it's not exactly a massive gap between the 6-B+ and High 6-B so it'd be fine.

He should just be 6-B+ for fighting Base Kong.

Also for Shimo, I think it's possible to find her surface freeze AP via dividing the timeframe. I remember similar feats like that.
That the thing, there is no timeframe. The only timeframe were given is the Greenland freezing which happened in hours or minutes. The rest are just ice ages caused by Shimo with an indeterminate amount of time.

That the thing, there is no timeframe. The only timeframe were given is the Greenland freezing which happened in hours or minutes. The rest are just ice ages caused by Shimo with an indeterminate amount of time.
I mean we can either just use the Greenland freezing timeframe or use an assumption. Considering the urgency of the situation, I doubt the timeframe would be that long. It could be safe to assume it'll take her a day/24 hours to do so.

Why does Skar King have a Varies? He doesn't follow the proper need for a Varies stat.

Scaling hjm to the High 6-Bs is pretty iffy when Skar King consistently gets his ass whooped by them. Plus it's not exactly a massive gap between the 6-B+ and High 6-B so it'd be fine.

He should just be 6-B+ for fighting Base Kong.
You can update Skar King's profile if you want. Since it is a minor correction and you're a moderator, it shouldn't be a problem

To be fair, I'm not 100% sure on this point. I'm willing to accept, given a convincing argument, that his supercharged state is what's multiplied by 20x. But here's my reasoning. We know that Godzilla can store far more power than he can maintain at a given time. He then converts this, presumably radioactive energy, to his own type of unknown energy used in his atomic breath. We know and accept that his Atomic Breath is charged in his dorsal plates and then released in the form we're familiar with. Once he absorbs more energy than his dorsal plates can contain the energy begins to leak throughout the rest of his body which is the point where he starts to get overloaded and we see this happen with both Fire Godzilla and Supercharged Godzilla so it is consistent. The only energy capacity noted to get 20x greater than before was his dorsal plates, nothing is mentioned about the rest of his body. This presumably means that the fins that he charges in order to release his atomic breath, the determining factor in the strength of the breath and what we currently scale it off of, is the only thing that increases 20x over and doesn't factor in Godzilla's addition "flesh power capacity" to the multiplier. As for his base form x2 thing, I've actually changed my mind and am fine with it being 2x his superchargeds power.
As we saw in Burning Godzilla, all of Godzilla's body is burning, not just his dorsal plates, which means all of his body works in conjunction to store radiation and energy and use it. As for the second point of the transformation, it surpasses a previous peak, which was Supercharged Godzilla. If you can accept base Evolved Godzilla being x2 Supercharged Godzilla's power, the 20x thing is the same; the only difference is that Supercharged Evolved Godzilla increases Godzilla's power even more, but the logic is the same.

You can update Skar King's profile if you want. Since it is a minor correction and you're a moderator, it shouldn't be a problem
I mean we can either just use the Greenland freezing timeframe or use an assumption. Considering the urgency of the situation, I doubt the timeframe would be that long. It could be safe to assume it'll take her a day/24 hours to do so.
Thoughts on my proposal for this?

The At most High 6-A just looks really weird on the profile.

Thoughts on my proposal for this?

The At most High 6-A just looks really weird on the profile.
Dark-Carioca is currently analyzing all of the Shimo statements, the other calculations, etc., and hopefully he is going to watch the movie on Sunday. After that, he will decide what he will consider the best time span to be applied to the result of Shimo's calculation.

As we saw in Burning Godzilla, all of Godzilla's body is burning, not just his dorsal plates, which means all of his body works in conjunction to store radiation and energy and use it. As for the second point of the transformation, it surpasses a previous peak, which was Supercharged Godzilla. If you can accept base Evolved Godzilla being x2 Supercharged Godzilla's power, the 20x thing is the same; the only difference is that Supercharged Evolved Godzilla increases Godzilla's power even more, but the logic is the same.
I actually agree but for a different reason. Fire Godzilla's pulse's, which was charged using the same charging method as his atomic breaths, were evidently far stronger than his atomic breath or normal hypothetical pulses. So it does seem that him charging his atomic breath/pulse uses more than just his dorsal plates storage capacity. With that in mind the full value still wouldn't be 20x his evolved form or 2.96 Petatons but instead 20x what his supercharged form is, which we can confidently upscale to 100 Teratons, meaning the full value would be 2 Petatons. What do you think?

Back