• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

Ok, guys, I saw the movie a couple of hours ago. I love it; it has an interesting direction and acts like a Mega Kaiju Brawl. The only part that made me a bit disappointed was
Godzilla kills both Scylla and Tiamat.
The rest was pretty epic, hopefully, the MV will continue after this.
One comment that I saw from someone gave a decent explanation as to why they killed off Scylla and Tiamat. Basically because of what happened in Godzilla: Dominion, Tiamat and Scylla were on thin ice with Godzilla and when Scylla attacked Rome and Tiamat attacked Godzilla when he tried to get her to back off, Godzilla had no patience or desire to give them a second chance and thus decided to kill them.

It sucks to see them gone but, hey, we got Shimo at least so I think that's a fair consolation prize.

We did not get enough of her in this movie
More than that, it feels like this movie was half-baked. The movie felt like it had no stakes. There was breathing room but every time there was action it felt like you knew it would end. I didn't feel particularly threatened by Skar King after his first battle with Kong. I know Godzilla is strong but it feels like he's an easy plot resolver in this one. Part of me thinks he shouldn't have even been in this Kong-centric story

One comment that I saw from someone gave a decent explanation as to why they killed off Scylla and Tiamat. Basically because of what happened in Godzilla: Dominion, Tiamat and Scylla were on thin ice with Godzilla and when Scylla attacked Rome and Tiamat attacked Godzilla when he tried to get her to back off, Godzilla had no patience or desire to give them a second chance and thus decided to kill them.

It sucks to see them gone but, hey, we got Shimo at least so I think that's a fair consolation prize.
Agree

Boutta see the funny Lizard x Monke movie today yayyyy
Not if I have anything to say about it
hammers-this-guy.gif

Thinking about what Godzilla's next antagonist will be if it were to bring back one of his older villains to this universe.

Hedorah is the best fit for the Monsterverse. The movies are naturre/environmental heavy, so give us the pollution monster. Hedorah is on the goofier side but it can easily be done seriously... or just as goofy given that they're keeping Adam on board as the main Monsterverse movie guy.

Gigan would also work well since he's a cyborg. Could make him a scout for Ghidorah's planet arriving on Earth after they found out he died. I like Gigan, so I'd like to see him get a redemption arc but it probably wouldn't work given that he's an invasive species. I imagine the Xiliens basically kidnapped him from his him home planet and forcefully implanted cybernetics into him and subjugating his will.

That might be a bit too similar to Shimo though, given her role in Godzilla x Kong

All that to get wasted off-screen in less than a minute

I know it's Godzilla but damn nothing was high stakes when he was around
there was no way Tiamat was going to survive more than a minute against thermonuclear Godzilla.

there was no way Tiamat was going to survive more than a minute against thermonuclear Godzilla.
First of all, Godzilla wasn't anywhere near thermonuclear level

Second of all, they hyped Tiamat up as living off of one of the two most abundant stockpiles of solar radiation on the planet. The fact we didn't even get to see her at least do something cool is diabolical

First of all, Godzilla wasn't anywhere near thermonuclear level

Second of all, they hyped Tiamat up as living off of one of the two most abundant stockpiles of solar radiation on the planet. The fact we didn't even get to see her at least do something cool is diabolical
Yes, he was. In the novelisation (as stated by ZeedKZ) it was confirmed that Godzilla was at his peak power even before he evolved. This dosen't include Burning form but this dosen't matter because nothing scale to it just yet.

So what if Tiamat was hyped up to have the most radiation on the planet?
She shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla at all.

Like, what's the point of being called KOTM if you're gonna have a hard time fighting any non Alpha Titans?

Yes, he was. In the novelisation (as stated by ZeedKZ) it was confirmed that Godzilla was at his peak power even before he evolved. This dosen't include Burning form but this dosen't matter because nothing scale to it just yet.

So what if Tiamat was hyped up to have the most radiation on the planet?
She shouldn't be able to hurt Godzilla at all.

Like, what's the point of being called KOTM if you're gonna have a hard time fighting any non Alpha Titans?
1. You just repeated what I said but with more steps

2. I didn't say anything about her giving him any trouble. I said it's a disappointment that we didn't get to see her at least do something cool

Do you happen to have the quote from the novel?
"Well, she found a layer in the ice. The very first layer of ice laid down on Greenland almost a million years ago, right when it went from being ice-free to encrusted in the stuff."
"Like, right before the last Ice Age," he said.
"Yeah, like that. But it wasn't a chemical layer. it was a pattern in the ice crystals themselves. She didn't know what to make of it, but she had gotten corroborating samples from Siberia. It caught Monarch's attention because one of our researchers had seen a similar pattern."
"Let me guess. From the same period, the start of the Ice Age?"
"No. That was the thing. The Monarch ice samples weren't from a worldwide layer. They were from a localized, singular event."
"Wait. You don't mean?"
She nodded. "Antarctica. Monster Zero."
"You're saying this thing put Monster Zero on ice? And started the last Ice Age?"
She shrugged. "The Iwi script called her the 'original Titan' but I was translating in a hurry. It could also mean 'ultimate Titan' or 'quintessential Titan.'"

"Well, she found a layer in the ice. The very first layer of ice laid down on Greenland almost a million years ago, right when it went from being ice-free to encrusted in the stuff."
"Like, right before the last Ice Age," he said.
"Yeah, like that. But it wasn't a chemical layer. it was a pattern in the ice crystals themselves. She didn't know what to make of it, but she had gotten corroborating samples from Siberia. It caught Monarch's attention because one of our researchers had seen a similar pattern."
"Let me guess. From the same period, the start of the Ice Age?"
"No. That was the thing. The Monarch ice samples weren't from a worldwide layer. They were from a localized, singular event."
"Wait. You don't mean?"
She nodded. "Antarctica. Monster Zero."
"You're saying this thing put Monster Zero on ice? And started the last Ice Age?"
She shrugged. "The Iwi script called her the 'original Titan' but I was translating in a hurry. It could also mean 'ultimate Titan' or 'quintessential Titan.'"
So if Apex_Predator_GX's calc is accepted Ghidorah would scale to High 6-A too, right?

Damn how many primes does Godzilla have? He was awake for the first time in years in 2014. Even after growing and getting stronger for five years in 2019, he was only equal with Ghidorah, who was his ancient rival. And even Shimo can put up a fight against Evolved Godzilla
I swear there's some circular scaling logic going on right now in the Monsterverse. Like I suppose you could argue that as Titans get older they get stronger, much like Kong for example, but it's so weird that Godzilla was squaring off with Shimo way when in the past when in New Empire he needed a 20x amped form in preparation for a fight against her. Plus I'm wondering if there's some soft retcons going on here because KOTM implies that it was Godzilla who sealed Ghidorah in ice, yet the novelization of New Empire now states that it was actually Shimo, which could also implicate that Godzilla and Shimo could've been the ones to fight Ghidorah together in order to defeat him. But then you have those statements from Michael Doughearty on Twitter where he said that in the ancient past, Godzilla defeated Ghidorah in Antarctica and sealed him in ice.

You see what I mean? I think that the people in charge of the lore and shit need to get together more often and sort out the backstory and power scale of the Titans.

I swear there's some circular scaling logic going on right now in the Monsterverse. Like I suppose you could argue that as Titans get older they get stronger, much like Kong for example, but it's so weird that Godzilla was squaring off with Shimo way when in the past when in New Empire he needed a 20x amped form in preparation for a fight against her. Plus I'm wondering if there's some soft retcons going on here because KOTM implies that it was Godzilla who sealed Ghidorah in ice, yet the novelization of New Empire now states that it was actually Shimo, which could also implicate that Godzilla and Shimo could've been the ones to fight Ghidorah together in order to defeat him. But then you have those statements from Michael Doughearty on Twitter where he said that in the ancient past, Godzilla defeated Ghidorah in Antarctica and sealed him in ice.

You see what I mean? I think that the people in charge of the lore and shit need to get together more often and sort out the backstory and power scale of the Titans.
Not really, they don't need to, no.
The lore so far has been consistent. Adam didn't retcon anything. Twitter statments are irrelevant to the movies/comics/novels.

Not really, they don't need to, no.
The lore so far has been consistent. Adam didn't retcon anything. Twitter statments are irrelevant to the movies/comics/novels.
Fair enough, I'm not the most well versed when it comes to Monsterverse power scaling but at the same time I would at least like to know if Titans get stronger through age or not.

Godzilla's hating ass is so funny in this movie like even after he got smashed into the ground by Kong, Omni-Man style, Godzilla's first move afterwards was a whole ass atomic breath. My guy did not get the message 😭
Can you blame the big G? Godzilla's gearing up for a war, going around and supercharging himself up to become stronger, and then you got Kong suddenly in Egypt calling him out and goading him into coming for him. Add on top of their races being ancient enemies once, and Godzilla's experience with uppity apes in the past, I imagine that he was not in a good mood.

well, i don't think it was ever stated that Titans get stronger over time. However, we do know they get stronger by absorbing radiation (duh), so i think Godzilla and Shimo were thousands of times weaker millions of years ago.
Furthermore, we know Godzilla got weaker in Godzilla: Dominion and then at his peak in GxK, so they can wear off their energy over time.

well, i don't think it was ever stated that Titans get stronger over time. However, we do know they get stronger by absorbing radiation (duh), so i think Godzilla and Shimo were thousands of times weaker millions of years ago.
Furthermore, we know Godzilla got weaker in Godzilla: Dominion and then at his peak in GxK, so they can wear off their energy over time.
How would Shimo have gotten stronger though? Hadn’t she been imprisoned for thousands of years? Shouldn’t she be weaker now if anything?

we don't know.
Skar King could have been keeping her strong and healthy for war.
True but I don’t think she’d be that much stronger than she was in the past. Especially since she was already pretty powerful in the past anyway (novel implies that she helped Godzilla defeat Ghidorah)

What do you guys think about Shimo freezing Monster Zero (Ghidorah)? Does this retcon what the guidebook said about Godzilla shooting him down and freezing Ghidorah?

image.png

Also is it weird for me to think that Nuclear Charged Godzilla (The one that fought Tiamat) & Thermo Nuclear Godzilla are close in strength and Evolved Godzilla is his strongest form by far? Since I’ve seen people say Thermo Nuclear is his strongest but I just can’t find a reason why.

Back