• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

I see.
Is it explained how Shimo creates ice age? Is it over time or in an instant?
In the movie, Shimo does it through her own power by shooting her ice beam into the sky and creating large storms in an attempt to start an ice age. No time frame is given, sadly, but given the stakes at hand? It likely would've taken a moderately short amount of time, though the novelization would be better for time frames

In the movie, Shimo does it through her own power by shooting her ice beam into the sky and creating large storms in an attempt to start an ice age. No time frame is given, sadly, but given the stakes at hand? It likely would've taken a moderately short amount of time, though the novelization would be better for time frames
Yeah, i seen the movie, but thanks anyway.
I was more so asking if novelisation expends on that.

Yeah, it is not specified how she does this, probably with her Frostbite Beam considering how she created that storm in Rio.

Isn't it a bit interesting how ever since Minus One came out there's been this noticeable divide between Godzilla fans who prefer serious movies vs goofier movies, yet Adam Wingard and Takashi Yamazaki show nothing but respect and admiration towards each other's version of the character and how they're working together to maintain the spectrum of the Godzilla IP?

Of course this shouldn't be used to excuse genuine criticisms for any movies which are out now or will come out in the future, but it does demonstrate that you can have both serious and goofy Godzilla movies at the same time.

I feel like saying the Monsterverse has to have a goofier tone isn't true

2014, Skull Island, and Monarch show that it can be more serious

King of the Monsters and Skull Island (Anime) can be at a good middle ground

Godzilla vs Kong and Godzilla x Kong can be goofier movies

Hoping after this we get more solo projects, especially for Godzilla since these last two movies have been very Kong focused, especially in Godzilla x Kong to the point where I'd say Godzilla had no real purpose in this movie, no real stakes. Bro was basically dragged into the actually plot by Kong.

Hoping after this we get more solo projects, especially for Godzilla since these last two movies have been very Kong focused, especially in Godzilla x Kong to the point where I'd say Godzilla had no real purpose in this movie, no real stakes. Bro was basically dragged into the actually plot by Kong.
Adam Wingard already said he has quite a few ideas for the next movie.
He said it's going to be similar to GxK but with Godzilla as the lead.

TBF here, I do agree that the Monsterverse can have serious tones when it's necessary. My claim is more so that we shouldn't be at each other's throats for what should be the tone of the Godzilla IP when Adam and Takashi show that both can exist simultaneously, and can work together to maintain the Godzilla IP.

Though, if Minus One is to go by, there is a room for having compelling human characters alongside the monster action

Adam Wingard already said he has quite a few ideas for the next movie.
He said it's going to be similar to GxK but with Godzilla as the lead.
I'd prefer there it to just be a solo movie, Kong and Godzilla are more than capable of carrying their own movies by themselves. Nothing wrong with Wingard, but I'd also like a new director, all the previous Monsterverse movies had different directors up until Godzilla x Kong. He's fine, I'd just love to see more people's creative views on the Monstervese... Also, please, PLEASE!!!!! Get rid of Junkie XL, his score is so ******* bland. Please bring back Bear McCreary, Alexandre Desplat, Henry Jackman, or hell someone new like Lorne Balfe or Steve Jablonsky

Okay so, I'm going to try remembering every notable statement or feat from the movie since it's still fresh after seeing it last night:
That's the ones off the top of my head, but I think there's a lot of interesting stuff to come out from this movie.
Dr Andrew's isn't beating the glazing allegations, we literally saw a weaker Godzilla beat Kong in the last film lmao

Dr Andrew's isn't beating the glazing allegations, we literally saw a weaker Godzilla beat Kong in the last film lmao
It's literally explained in the movie that Kong got stronger because of his B.E.A.S.T Glove that amps him with adrenaline.
He also had Godzilla on the floor.
People should stop acting like Kong can't do shit to Godzilla because he literally did.

I'm wandering the same thing.
Are we also gonna ignore how Kong stopped punching Godzilla to return to Hollow Earth? He could just keep going.
Kong knocked out Godzilla by going apeshit. He thought he won. There's no "holding back" shenanigans. Moreover, Godzilla overpowers and nearly kills Kong immediately after

I think people are misunderstanding what i'm saying. I'm not saying Kong would win (although he could) but the fact that they were even in a fight.

I mean if it means anything, the fact Kong could tank and dish out attacks against a Godzilla that is 20x stronger then normal means that Kong hasn't been slouching around in the years that passed between GvK and GxK.

Also I'm going to be watching New Empire again tonight because I love the movie, don't judge me so if there's anything that any of you chaps need clarified then I'll pay close attention the second time around

I mean if it means anything, the fact Kong could tank and dish out attacks against a Godzilla that is 20x stronger then normal means that Kong hasn't been slouching around in the years that passed between GvK and GxK.

Also I'm going to be watching New Empire again tonight because I love the movie, don't judge me so if there's anything that any of you chaps need clarified then I'll pay close attention the second time around
When Godzilla comes out of the ice you can see a few things on the monitor, the last one is how much more powerful Godzilla has become but i didn't see what the first one was, do you happen to know?

When Godzilla comes out of the ice you can see a few things on the monitor, the last one is how much more powerful Godzilla has become but i didn't see what the first one was, do you happen to know?
I'll see if I can what it says considering how fast it comes up and then goes.

One thing I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on is the energy Tiamat is powered up by because I think there's potential for upgrades there.

Isn't it a bit interesting how ever since Minus One came out there's been this noticeable divide between Godzilla fans who prefer serious movies vs goofier movies, yet Adam Wingard and Takashi Yamazaki show nothing but respect and admiration towards each other's version of the character and how they're working together to maintain the spectrum of the Godzilla IP?

Of course this shouldn't be used to excuse genuine criticisms for any movies which are out now or will come out in the future, but it does demonstrate that you can have both serious and goofy Godzilla movies at the same time.

Honestly, these stupid video essays like the one The Moon made are really dumb, mostly. Like, why are you comparing a movie made for fun and a serious one?

Okay so correction I have to make is that Andrews didn't say that Kong was the strongest Titan, but that he was ONE OF the strongest Titans. Which does give more credence to Kong being one of the top Titans in the Monsterverse. Now one of the things I missed is that Tiamat's lair not only sits simultaneously in the direct path of electromagnetically charged solar winds, but said lair is also stated to house the largest stockpile of energy on Earth as a whole. And Godzilla took all of it when he absorbed said energy, so something to keep in mind.

@Gasper You asked me what was said on the monitor when Godzilla first emerged from the ice and I'll tell you what it said. It states that Godzilla has increased molecular density and has adaptative thermoregulation, which means that his body's ability to regulate internal temperatures can change on a whim from the big G.

Ok, guys, I saw the movie a couple of hours ago. I love it; it has an interesting direction and acts like a Mega Kaiju Brawl. The only part that made me a bit disappointed was
Godzilla kills both Scylla and Tiamat.
The rest was pretty epic, hopefully, the MV will continue after this.

Back